March 2021 - Daz 3D New User Challenge - Posing and Posing II

Comments

• vamokvamok Posts: 238

katywhite said:

Title: So Comfy

Software: Daz 3D

Challenge: Beginner

Reference photo and my attempt at its recreation. Feedback would be highly appreciated!

This appears to be a 3Dlight render, which I rarely use, of a dog, which I have never toyed with, so my comments may not be helpful. The first thing I would like to see is more of the dog. Currently, it is so bright it is washed out. I do not know how to change the lighting in 3Dlight  but I think toning it down would be a nice touch. I love the reference photo and your doggo looks pretty close, but please, give the pup a wee bit less direct sunlight :-)

• jkpjkp Posts: 17
    edited March 2021

Intermediate Challenge

Title: Master's Apprentice

All action done with native possing and/or direct manipulation. Followed a tutorial on pinning specific body parts, very helpful since poser goes REALLY weird sometimes. LOL

DuelingTraining-Lesson-One.png
    1280 x 720 - 2M
    Post edited by jkp on
  • aprilshowers2065aprilshowers2065 Posts: 703
    edited March 2021

vamok said:

aprilshowers2065 said:

Beginner Challenge Entry 2

Title: Counterbalance

This one was a bit tricky; feedback would be welcome!

This looks pretty solid already. The only thing I can recommend is a little arching to the female's feet. In your model photo, her feet are a little "cupped" whereas your model's feet are nearly perfectly flat. It does look a bit odd having her feet that flat. Her back leg may be rotated a bit more...trivial detail. I would say that you have this posing thing down pretty well. Nice!

Thanks vamok. Second version, with the feet cupped and her back leg twisted a bit more. 

Counter Balance3.png
    1600 x 1920 - 2M
    Post edited by aprilshowers2065 on
  • ioonrxoonioonrxoon Posts: 886
    edited March 2021

For the beginner challenge. Feels good to finally go for it and complete a render after collecting assets and trying to learn the basics during the past month.

Reference image:

Dancer 01.jpg
    3429 x 2160 - 1M
    Post edited by ioonrxoon on

ioonrxoon said:

For the beginner challenge. Feels good to finally go for it and complete a render after collecting assets and trying to learn the basics during the past month.

Reference image:

Hey, welcome to the group! That is a nice-looking entry you have there. 

edited March 2021

Thanks Vamok!

One more entry, the pose is a bit more intricate this time.

Reference image:

Dancer 02.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 2M
    Post edited by ioonrxoon on
  • Aki3dAki3d Posts: 142
    edited April 2021

Post edited by Aki3d on
    edited March 2021

Version 3. Tweaked her front leg a bit more.

Counter Balance3.png
    1600 x 1920 - 2M
  • Luftsturmregiment40Luftsturmregiment40 Posts: 328
    edited March 2021

Memorial Well 

futurecity.png
    2000 x 1125 - 4M
    Post edited by Chohole on

_ AL1vE _ said:

Memorial Well 

I haven't seen you around in a while. I really like the old photograph look and feel you have going on here. Nice use of shaders too. 

• vamok said:

_ AL1vE _ said:

Memorial Well 

I haven't seen you around in a while. I really like the old photograph look and feel you have going on here. Nice use of shaders too. 

thanks, I thought so, posting that picture was an illegal act not complying with social distancing obligations... LOL

• Luftsturmregiment40Luftsturmregiment40 Posts: 328
    edited March 2021

removed

Post edited by Luftsturmregiment40 on
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,798

@_ AL1vE _Memorial Wall

This is a very interesting thing to try and well executed very nicely as well, which level of the challenge are you entering?

personally I prefer the not comic version with those gridlines

@aprilshowers2065  quite the complex pose you chose there and you've already come a long way

it seems to me that the woman has her head on the side to the camera in the original, right now it looks lik her head is in his surprise

note that your camera is higher that in the original, which makes it sometimes difficult to get some posings right

@Astrofox welcome to the New User Challenge, I feel her boredness from looking at her, very nice posing, maybe a bit more light would be nice

@aki3d very nice posing of the musicians and the dancer, maybe you can add a bit of dynamic to the dress of the lady, which would show more of her being in motion

@ioonrxoon welcome to the New user Challenge from me as well, you made a great start with your two dancers! I'm impressed how you got so clase to the original with the physical appearence of your model

overall you're really close with the pose I think for the dancer 1 the arms are all over more stretched out and a bit more back, the hands need more bent up

for the Dancer 2 there is a bit more twist in the body and the basis is a bit tilted to one side, since she's jumping

@jkp  very good work on the push back with the magic  The match between the startig point of the magic and her hand could be adjusted a bit more

@katywhite  I love that you chose a dog for this challenge. I think the pose is really close already I think the back of the dog is a bit flatter in the original, so the hind legs are probably stretched back in the original.

Question is what happened to the fur. Are you rendering in 3delight? Then if the the für is an iray fur this might be the reason for it to look strange. If you tell us what you use we can help you better

edited March 2021

@vamok   Hot scramble

that's a great render with a lot of action, maybe add some flashing lights to get the action more present?

the blight, there is a good motion in that scene and I like the DOF you used. I think the colours are all a bit too similar, you could add more drama with a few changes to the colour

Post edited by Linwelly on

@sueya   very close already, you have a different camera pose to the original though, so maybe adjust that so you can even out what is still missing

@Meraki   welcome to the challenge (I think you are here first time?, sorry if that's not true)

That is a wonderfull render and a lot of story in this, I take it that you didn't intend to copy the pose completely  from the cyberpunk image (this is what we usually do for the beginners challenge) But you have a very intricate posing there which is well done, so I'm not going to complain wink

well done

@Alias52   lot's of tdetail in your render, it's a bit unfortunate that we see only bit's of the poses but I like what I see. I think this could gain from playing with camera angles a bit

Did I catch up to everyone? I hope so, let me know if I missed someone

@Linwelly Thanks! Yeah, the arms are a bit different in the first one; not sure if the hands need more bend or the fingers though - the left palm seems almost straight with only the fingers bent up in the original.

I had that tilt you mentioned on the second, but it looked somehow off in the test render so I straightened it; it's probably because of the floor and backdrop I used.

edited March 2021

Thanks Linwelly. I've changed the camera angle a bit to try to make it closer to the original and make it look less like her head is going through his... hopefully, I succeeded. cheeky

Counterbalance6.png
    1600 x 1920 - 2M

The Blight

Version B for the intermediate challenge

After Linwelly motivated me to make revisions I tweaked the following:

Ogre got a new outfit - loincloth, necklace, and earring

changed the lighting, camera angle, fog distance, foliage type (left bush), and camera angle.

Feedback welcome.

Hot Scramble has been tweaked also, but that will be rendering for the next 30 or so hours. It will get posted eventually.

The blight VC.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
  • vamok said:

The Blight

Version B for the intermediate challenge

After Linwelly motivated me to make revisions I tweaked the following:

Ogre got a new outfit - loincloth, necklace, and earring

changed the lighting, camera angle, fog distance, foliage type (left bush), and camera angle.

Feedback welcome.

Hot Scramble has been tweaked also, but that will be rendering for the next 30 or so hours. It will get posted eventually.

he wants more.... everything

cool render

very convincing

_ AL1vE _ said:

cool render

very convincing

Thank you. You just made my day! 

• vamok said:

_ AL1vE _ said: