UltraScenery - new territory [Commercial]

Comments

• DoctorJellybean said:

Pax Asteriae said:

DoctorJellybean said:

Pax Asteriae said:

I installed this, but can't get it to appear in the UltraScene Creator. I even uninstalled and reinstalled everything, just in case (which, bonus, fixed another issue I didn't know I had). Am I doing something wrong? (Probably.)

What did you use to install it, DIM or DazCentral?

DIM, because I'm not that much of a masochist.

Very wise.

Open DIM, click on the Installed tab, select the UltraScenery Features package you installed, click on the 3 dots at the end and select Show Installed Files in the context menu. See where the files were installed to, it should most likely be "....\Environments\Landscapes\UltraScenery\Features".

You could also look under Products in DS itself and see if it shows up.

It's definitely all there in the UltraScenery folders, been and checked. I just can't get it to show up in UltraScenery proper (hence reinstalling everything).

• I don't know if a similar situation that I had with UltraTrees may help but UltraTree Birch was not showing up when I run the script even after multiPle uninstalls / installs. Finally I did search and I had UltraTrees Birch installed in multiple folders named UltraTrees. After deleting all the duplicates it finally showed up. How it happened was a mystery to me.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,547

AnEye4Art said:

I don't know if a similar situation that I had with UltraTrees may help but UltraTree Birch was not showing up when I run the script even after multiPle uninstalls / installs. Finally I did search and I had UltraTrees Birch installed in multiple folders named UltraTrees. After deleting all the duplicates it finally showed up. How it happened was a mystery to me.

DS and DIM do a lot of very mysterious things. Its like the Bermuda Triangle in there.  

• Pax Asteriae said:

DoctorJellybean said:

Pax Asteriae said:

DoctorJellybean said:

Pax Asteriae said:

I installed this, but can't get it to appear in the UltraScene Creator. I even uninstalled and reinstalled everything, just in case (which, bonus, fixed another issue I didn't know I had). Am I doing something wrong? (Probably.)

Very wise.

Open DIM, click on the Installed tab, select the UltraScenery Features package you installed, click on the 3 dots at the end and select Show Installed Files in the context menu. See where the files were installed to, it should most likely be "....\Environments\Landscapes\UltraScenery\Features".

It's definitely all there in the UltraScenery folders, been and checked. I just can't get it to show up in UltraScenery proper (hence reinstalling everything).

Weird. I've just installed it and it is there.

• DoctorJellybean said:

Pax Asteriae said:

DoctorJellybean said:

Pax Asteriae said:

DoctorJellybean said:

Pax Asteriae said:

Very wise.

Weird. I've just installed it and it is there.

Could you do me a huge favour and take a screenshot of it so I know I'm definitely not losing my mind and that it isn't PEBKAC? I'm going to give it all a kick later and try out @AnEye4Art's suggestion about duplicate entries (because you never know with DIMweasels), but I've got to wait for my render to finish cooking first (because I go distracted, generated scenery and made a picture...)

And if anyone wants to share renders of the new shiny I can't play with yet, that might make me feel better too. wink

• Pax Asteriae said:

Could you do me a huge favour and take a screenshot of it so I know I'm definitely not losing my mind and that it isn't PEBKAC? I'm going to give it all a kick later and try out @AnEye4Art's suggestion about duplicate entries (because you never know with DIMweasels), but I've got to wait for my render to finish cooking first (because I go distracted, generated scenery and made a picture...)

And if anyone wants to share renders of the new shiny I can't play with yet, that might make me feel better too. wink

Screenshot attached. My render won't be done for a few days at least, @barbult might be one of the first ones to post a render smiley

Road.png
    802 x 551 - 303K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,414

DoctorJellybean said:

Pax Asteriae said:

Screenshot attached. My render won't be done for a few days at least, @barbult might be one of the first ones to post a render smiley

Oh, the pressure! I actually haven't even purchased it yet. It is in the cart, but I have to decide if there is anything worth buying with a "new item discount" before I click the purchase button. Did you notice the (NOT) awesome total of 10% discount on all HowieFarkes Daz products today? Wow, a new low for featured artist sales.An "Extra" 10% off of full price is not very enticing. Or course I have them all anyway, but I'm sure some people were hoping to pick up some of those back catalog items today.
    I don't get going on Daz or Daz shopping until later in the day, so I'm sure someone else will render this one first.

• It's in my cart now, but I'm picking up a truckload of old poses at the prices they're offering. Not sure if I'll get a render posted today.

• Pax AsteriaePax Asteriae Posts: 409
    edited February 2023

This is so weird. I uninstalled everything UltraScenery, looked in the HowieFarkes data folder to see what was left, then deleted that. Rebooted the computer, tried to open DIM, found it had inexplicably uninstalled itself,* redownloaded and reinstalled it, then reinstalled all the UltraScenery stuff. Double-checked to make sure there are no duplicate files and everything is where it should be.

And it still doesn't appear. It's there, installed, but where it should be like in @DoctorJellybean's screenshot (BIG thank you, by the way), there's nothing. It's not even an option to filter by in the dropdown box. I can't imagine that it somehow requires something else and the store just... forgot to mention it, so I don't know. I'm at a loss. I'm not going to return it because I really want it, but I'm just so confused at this point.

So have the little render I did in the meantime, when I wanted to put something in the passenger seat of the jeep and realised the Daz Dog does actually turn into a really nice Miniature Pinscher, once you fix the fact someone decided to mutilate even a 3D dog's ears...  I bet the 3D version doesn't throw a mangy stuffed hedgehog onto your lap and then fart on you. Yes, it's been that kind of day.

*I would love to say that was the weird part, but it's not even the first time it's done it: it's happened before on another PC entirely. It's just a thing it does...

barbult said:

Did you notice the (NOT) awesome total of 10% discount on all HowieFarkes Daz products today? Wow, a new low for featured artist sales.An "Extra" 10% off of full price is not very enticing. Or course I have them all anyway, but I'm sure some people were hoping to pick up some of those back catalog items today.

There's a whole bunch of stuff I really wanted (the accelerator, the heath and the landscape systems in particular) but... 10%? I think I'll wait.

Screenshot_20230220_170605.png
    635 x 360 - 49K
    Screenshot_20230220_202423.png
    503 x 458 - 35K
    Screenshot_20230220_170236.png
    137 x 759 - 12K
    Screenshot_20230220_203302.png
    792 x 544 - 111K
    dirtcar-dog-2.jpg
    900 x 720 - 208K
    Post edited by Pax Asteriae on
  • Sounds to me like an OS or DS issue if you are having issues with other products as well.

• DoctorJellybean said:

Sounds to me like an OS or DS issue if you are having issues with other products as well.

The PC's three months old. laugh It's the only product I'm having problems with (as I said, DIM just sometimes uninstalls itself; it's done it before on another computer with a different OS... I don't know why, and I think I'll be in trouble if I use the term here that I usually use for it).  Everything else has been fine.

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,342
    edited February 2023

This is pretty basic, but have another render cooking right now.  I love this add-on! The roads and 'debris' are just amazing!

My first run at it, seems like UltraScenery Accelerator wasn't running and after over a half hour had to crash DAZ and start over - it was behaving as expected after that.  Then in the scene here there was a weird 'thing' sticking up from the fence.  When I finally was able to select it, it was something like 'Fence bone' and so probably wasn't meant to be visible.  Other than that, this has been AWESOME just like all the other UltraScenery stuff!   So much fun!

DS_Country_Roads_3D_Erik_Pedersen.jpg
    3440 x 1440 - 1M
    Post edited by Gogger on
  • Pax Asteriae said:

DoctorJellybean said:

Sounds to me like an OS or DS issue if you are having issues with other products as well.

The PC's three months old. laugh It's the only product I'm having problems with (as I said, DIM just sometimes uninstalls itself; it's done it before on another computer with a different OS... I don't know why, and I think I'll be in trouble if I use the term here that I usually use for it).  Everything else has been fine.

The only other thing which comes to mind is an Anti-virus app. Do you have one installed?

• PlantPlant Posts: 108

Pax Asteria

Your istalation path seems a bit strange

• Pax AsteriaePax Asteriae Posts: 409
    edited February 2023

DoctorJellybean said:

Pax Asteriae said:

DoctorJellybean said:

The only other thing which comes to mind is an Anti-virus app. Do you have one installed?

I only use the computer for 3D so I just use the Windows basic one, which... had just had an update prior to rebooting, now I think about it, which may explain DIM's untimely death, but less so the UltraScenery stuff because all the other addons are working just fine.

Plant said:

Pax Asteria

Your istalation path seems a bit strange

All my runtimes are on external drive E. All nature stuff goes into Scenery - Nature (I also have Scenery - Internal and Scenery - External).

Post edited by Pax Asteriae on
  • alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,353

barbult said:

DoctorJellybean said:

Pax Asteriae said:

Oh, the pressure! I actually haven't even purchased it yet. It is in the cart, but I have to decide if there is anything worth buying with a "new item discount" before I click the purchase button. Did you notice the (NOT) awesome total of 10% discount on all HowieFarkes Daz products today? Wow, a new low for featured artist sales.An "Extra" 10% off of full price is not very enticing. Or course I have them all anyway, but I'm sure some people were hoping to pick up some of those back catalog items today.
    I don't get going on Daz or Daz shopping until later in the day, so I'm sure someone else will render this one first.

I admire your self control. I must have hesitated for several nano-seconds before I bought my copy. 

Cheers,

Alex. 

edited February 2023

I think I need a road right through here ...

need a road.jpg
    1900 x 1520 - 3M
    Post edited by daveso on

now this isn't right but its somewhat cool, flying trees and shrubs. For some reason, and maybe its like this with all landscape features, if you try to rebuild the scene, the trees end up in the air. I've rebuilt other scenes but always kept same landscape features..with this I went from dirt to paved. 

flying trees.jpg
    1900 x 1520 - 3M
  • paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,190
    edited February 2023

OK, new road feature render ...

MistyMorningBikeRide.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 995K
    Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
  • daveso said:

now this isn't right but its somewhat cool, flying trees and shrubs. For some reason, and maybe its like this with all landscape features, if you try to rebuild the scene, the trees end up in the air. I've rebuilt other scenes but always kept same landscape features..with this I went from dirt to paved. 

It happened to me as well. 

• daveso said:

I think this happens when you move the terrain away from the original position of (0x, 0y, 0z) and then try to rebuild it.
  • barbult said:

DoctorJellybean said:

Pax Asteriae said:

Looks like the discounts in my store are bigger today.
  • daveso said:

I think this happens when you move the terrain away from the original position of (0x, 0y, 0z) and then try to rebuild it.
    I can confirm that this is true. I did move the terrain and I also noticed an extra bounding box that was empty.
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,073
    edited February 2023

paulawp (marahzen) said:

OK, new road feature render ...

Looks nice. Something like that I have had in my mind, for the usage of this new item.

Post edited by Artini on
  • HowieFarkes said:

daveso said:

Yep, that is the explanation. I had the same with the image below some while back. In this case it was the shrubs following the original hill shape, which went over the character's head.

Regards,

Richard

• First Render with the new Feature

Bigger in my Gallery

MSO Marion HD - Land Idylle-sm.jpg
    1440 x 1080 - 1M
  • MarcCCTxMarcCCTx Posts: 912

How could I produce a forest fire in UltraScenery? I'd like something like the recent fies in California. I have a fire truck and fire fighters, but how do I get a convincing large scale fire?

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 743
    edited February 2023

It's been a while since I fired up Daz and churned out anything....until now. Maybe there's a forest fire somewhere, I don't know. Anyway it's just a quick test of the Ultrascenery road to see what it can do.

Render Test.png
    2200 x 1000 - 3M
    Post edited by AnEye4Art on
  • A Combination UltraScenery Features 4 and UrbanSprawl 3 by Stonemason

Cycling out of the City-sm.jpg
    1440 x 1080 - 986K
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,073

Nice renders, everyone, keep'em coming.

This discussion has been closed.