Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

Comments

• anepheranepher Posts: 122

Oh it's the add blocker, I completly remove it and the extention works fine now. When I pause it it didn't do anything, I had to remove it and restart chrome. Can we have a workaround for this?

• marblemarble Posts: 7,482

anepher said:

Oh it's the add blocker, I completly remove it and the extention works fine now. When I pause it it didn't do anything, I had to remove it and restart chrome. Can we have a workaround for this?

Did you try disabling the AdBlocker (is this AdBlock Plus)? Just interested because I disabled AdBlock Plus and it made no difference - DAZ Deals still didn't work. I have not uninstalled it  - nor do I intend to because I detest ads more than I need the DAZ Deals thing to work.

• SeraSera Posts: 1,675

anepher said:

I don't use adblocker but I am still having problems. I do use Duckduckgo, but that is entirely different. 

• AtiAti Posts: 9,124

Is everyone who's having this issue on Windows 10?

• CauriBCauriB Posts: 101

The addon also stopped working on Chrome/Ubuntu, so it's probably not a Windows issue.

• OverdrawnOverdrawn Posts: 580
    Yeah. Others have mentioned facing this issue in Mac as well... It's definitely a Chrome/Chromium change of some kind. At least that's the only consistent thing in the reports... :-/
  • Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    edited March 2021

I'm on windows 7 and has this issue

edit - I tried to turn off adblocker, uninstalled/reinstalled daz deals and than closed the browser. The plug in did not work with this, so I don't think it's Adblocker, least not for me :)

Post edited by Carola O on
  • LucielLuciel Posts: 475

It's not actually completely broken for me. I still have the filtering options for the coupons present.

So the plugin still works, just not most of the functionality.

• sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992

What's going on with the one-time reminders? I think every single one just got kicked off. I got something like 20-30 emails and so far, not a single one is on sale for the price in the email. This was 15-20 min ago, so it's not like I missed them hours ago. 

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,580

sandmanmax said:

What's going on with the one-time reminders? I think every single one just got kicked off. I got something like 20-30 emails and so far, not a single one is on sale for the price in the email. This was 15-20 min ago, so it's not like I missed them hours ago. 

I suspect it was a glitch that was corrected.  I got an email an hour ago showing discounts of 70% or more for over a dozen things on my wishlist, but I'm not seeing those prices (I'm seeing 50-60% off).

The discounts shown in the notifications were correct for a while. For quite a while, actually. That sale has ended by now. Could have been unintended.

• gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948

barbult said:

For me the Daz Deals extension failure in Chrome (which is still completely broken for me) started right after a Windows update. Maybe a coincidence, maybe not. I am running Windows 10 Home version 2004 (OS Build 19041.867). The update that was installed was KB5000802.

Daz Deals stopped working for me after the same update - KB5000802.  However, my windows version is Windows 10 Pro, 20H2, build 19042.867.  I wondered from the get-go if the Windows update had caused the issue, but no one else had mentioned it.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,882

gitika1 said:

barbult said:

For me the Daz Deals extension failure in Chrome (which is still completely broken for me) started right after a Windows update. Maybe a coincidence, maybe not. I am running Windows 10 Home version 2004 (OS Build 19041.867). The update that was installed was KB5000802.

Daz Deals stopped working for me after the same update - KB5000802.  However, my windows version is Windows 10 Pro, 20H2, build 19042.867.  I wondered from the get-go if the Windows update had caused the issue, but no one else had mentioned it.

I thought about that timing with the Windows update for several days before mentioning it. Usually these things get resolved very quickly, and too many coments from the peanut gallery just cause confusion. But after several days and nothing getting resolved yet, I decided to mention that possibility. Maybe the update is related to why Ati and Overdrawn don't see the problem. 

If it is an update for windows 10 that caused it, than would I also have the same problem since I am on windows 7? *unsure how those things works*

• sandmanmax said:

+1 on this. 

I got a notification 2 hours ago for 109 wishlist items, all from 50-81% off.

The little chart (in firefox) still shows the big downwards tick. The prices are back up though, if not to full price then to a much lower reduction.

How long were these on sale for? 5 minutes?

edited March 2021

davidjones8418 said:

sandmanmax said:

+1 on this. 

The little chart (in firefox) still shows the big downwards tick. The prices are back up though, if not to full price then to a much lower reduction.

I would say at least 10-15 minutes, possibly a bit more.

Post edited by Ati on
  • JamieMJamieM Posts: 355

It was very brief. I saw the Daz-Deals notification, went in and bought three items within about 5 minutes. Looked again a few minutes later and the prices had gone back up. 

Just to emphasise that these were (briefly) real prices. The odd start / stop was down to Daz not fake news from Daz Deals - which worked brilliantly to alert me and save me money. 

• davidjones8418davidjones8418 Posts: 167
    edited March 2021

10-15 minutes !

Only on the internet would a sale last for 10 minutes. I guess they are trying to prevent people buying too many of the items (?).

It is what it is I guess.

What I would really appreciate, and what Daz might actually do better with (for people like me anyway), is for me to have a deadly serious wishlist. Not the aspirational, keeping-an-eye on wishlist like now (although I do use that). A wishlist that I could add things to and that Daz would then periodically use to make me a personal, bulk offer on. Say, once a week. Buy everything on your deadly-serious wishlist today for $215.

I don't mind being market segmented. But I don't check my phone enough for 10-15 minutes.

Post edited by davidjones8418 on

I am using Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 with Chrome.  I haven't tried Firefox yet, but I will later. 

I feel less bad about missing a 15-minute glitch sale, but man... those prices. 

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,390

Carola O said:

If it is an update for windows 10 that caused it, than would I also have the same problem since I am on windows 7? *unsure how those things works*

Not necessarily as Windows 7 support ended on January 14, 2020 with the exception of business's with paid support

That's what I suspected, and I do have the same problem with the add on, so it might not be caused by that update. Mind you, it would have been a good thing if it could have been solved that easily :)

I never took the steps to 8 or 10, as I much liked my 7.. alas.. no longer supported :( than again, I badly need a new computer as well so eventually I won't have much choice but battle win10 lol or it might have been getting win 12 or something by the time I am able to get a computer hahah

• timetwisttimetwist Posts: 52

I'm on Windows 10 and use Chrome, both of which I keep up to date.  The Sale% filter and some other features hadn't worked for a few weeks but I hadn't been too concerned.  Disabling and re-enabling the add-on or restarting the browser didn't seem to help.  Ultimately, I removed the add-on, restarted the browser, and then re-installed the add-on.

I installed Daz deals to Firefox and I'm not having the same problem there. Daz deals only seems to break with chrome. But I don't like Firefox as much, so I'll keep reinstalling it to Chrome for now. 

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

Ati said:

davidjones8418 said:

sandmanmax said:

+1 on this. 

I would say at least 10-15 minutes, possibly a bit more.

It was unintentional: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/6572526/#Comment_6572526

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

barbult said:

gitika1 said:

barbult said:

I thought about that timing with the Windows update for several days before mentioning it. Usually these things get resolved very quickly, and too many coments from the peanut gallery just cause confusion. But after several days and nothing getting resolved yet, I decided to mention that possibility. Maybe the update is related to why Ati and Overdrawn don't see the problem. 

FWIW, I am running Windows 10 Pro, 20H2, with KB5000802 and Build 19041.867, and Chrome and Edge are okay with Daz Deals.

• I have Chrome on Mac Big Sur and share Chrome with Windows 10. I love this Shopping extension. It stopped showing Wishlist item filters and pricing stats for me last week on both platforms. I now realise how good it actually is to filter everything with this app. Reinstall extension does not fix it. still receiving sales notifications. But the Wishlist and sales history is broken. Any idea if this will be rectified by DAZ and/or ATI soon? 

Oh... my wishlist emails are incorrect and have been for a few days now. Seems like Daz deals isn't getting the updated info anymore: I am still getting notifications for items I have purchased or removed. I do keep it installed... it's just not working properly. Maybe having it installed to Firefox now will help?

certaintree38 said:

Oh... my wishlist emails are incorrect and have been for a few days now. Seems like Daz deals isn't getting the updated info anymore: I am still getting notifications for items I have purchased or removed. I do keep it installed... it's just not working properly. Maybe having it installed to Firefox now will help?

Your wishlist gets updated if you use the addon (in Firefox, in this case) regularly. If not, then please be sure to click the "Sync wishlist" button on the Daz wishlist page after a major purchase to manually update the wishlist to our servers.

• in the last couple of days i dont receive Best prices emails... i do receive the fast grab and the for my whishlist ( i havent changed anything in the add on)

• OverdrawnOverdrawn Posts: 580

stoiansubevmega said:

in the last couple of days i dont receive Best prices emails... i do receive the fast grab and the for my whishlist ( i havent changed anything in the add on)

When was the last time you got one? I got two on Thursday, but none on Friday or Saturday--which does seem odd given the $2.99 deals (though many recently had previously been $1.99 deals in the fall...).