Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,882

It has stopped working for me on Chrome now, too. Chrome Version 89.0.4389.82 (Official Build) (64-bit). crying

If I uninstall and reinstall, will it lose my settings?

• JamieMJamieM Posts: 355

barbult said:

It has stopped working for me on Chrome now, too. Chrome Version 89.0.4389.82 (Official Build) (64-bit). crying

It does for me. But it's quick enough to redo them. I've put the Deals download page in my quick access menu bar. My new daily routine: delete extension / download again / settings. 

I'm just glad I can still have the extension and that it's salvageable. 

barbult said:

It does for me. But it's quick enough to redo them. I've put the Deals download page in my quick access menu bar. My new daily routine: delete extension / download again / settings. 

I'm just glad I can still have the extension and that it's salvageable. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,882

Thanks for letting me know what ot expect, JamieM.

• gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948

Chrome stopped working for me, today, as well.  Uninstalling the extension and reinstalling seems to have worked.  *fingers crossed*

• AtiAti Posts: 9,124

When you need to uninstall/reinstall, does that happen each time you close the browser? It would be nice to find some sort of consistency because right now I can't replicate the issue, so it's pretty hard to even begin to troubleshoot. :(

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    edited March 2021

Ah so it wasn't just for me than, I too am using Chrome and the Daz Deals didn't work. I have not tried to uninstall/reinstall yet, I went to Daz page almost directly after having started the computer and it worked for me yesterday when I turned off the computer. only checked my mail (gmail) before going to daz (also, adding these things in the off chance it may be of miniscule help for you Ati :) )

Edit - I closed the browser and than opened it again directly, going straight back to daz. And the add on need to be reinstalled again cause it stopped working

Post edited by Carola O on
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

marble said:

Nope still not working - just checked the version and it seems that doing so triggers an update to Edge.

Microsoft EdgeVersion 89.0.774.50 (Official build) (64-bit)

Do you have another extension that may be interfering?  An ad blocker or something?  I have Adblock, but it's disabled on the Daz store.  I do have the Malwarebytes extension with all protections running, though.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,482
    edited March 2021

Sevrin said:

marble said:

Nope still not working - just checked the version and it seems that doing so triggers an update to Edge.

Microsoft EdgeVersion 89.0.774.50 (Official build) (64-bit)

Do you have another extension that may be interfering?  An ad blocker or something?  I have Adblock, but it's disabled on the Daz store.  I do have the Malwarebytes extension with all protections running, though.

It is morning here and I have just logged in again. So last night I removed the DAZ Deals extension from Edge and reinstalled it. As expected, from the experience of others, the extension started working. This morning I have just logged in and it has stopped working again. So the de-install/re-install fix is only temporary.

Yes, I have AdBlock Plus and also the Malwarebytes extension. I'll try without but I don't really understand why they wouldn't block the extension just after it has been reinstalled but start blocking it after a restart. I'll update in a few minutes. 

[EDIT] - So I disabled ABP and MalwareBytes Browser extensions and tried again. It did not make any difference. The DAZ Deals extension is still not working. I really can't be bothered to uninstall/reinstall every time I go into the browser so I'll have to do without DAZ Deals until it is fixed. I'm quite happy to test any possible solutions, however.

Post edited by marble on

By the way, I still seem to be getting the emails that are selected in the DAZ Deals options so it seems that it is only the in-browser functions that are missing.

Are all of the functions missing, or only the ones that can be enabled/disabled? For example, is the discount percents shown in the cart? That can't be disabled by itself.

edited March 2021

Ati said:

Are all of the functions missing, or only the ones that can be enabled/disabled? For example, is the discount percents shown in the cart? That can't be disabled by itself.

I just popped an item in my cart to check what you are asking:

cart.jpg
    1647 x 661 - 74K
    Post edited by marble on
  • gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948

Ati said:

When you need to uninstall/reinstall, does that happen each time you close the browser? It would be nice to find some sort of consistency because right now I can't replicate the issue, so it's pretty hard to even begin to troubleshoot. :(

I didn't check back in on Daz3d.com last night, after reinstalling the extension, but I can tell you upon arrive at the website today, the extension was not working and once again, I had to uninstall and reinstall it.  Twice actually, the first time, I had daz3d.com open in another tab and even a ctrl+refresh didn't acknowledge the extension.  I closed all of the tabs, uninstalled/reinstalled the extension and came back to daz3d.com.  Then the extension worked again.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

On chrome Version 89.0.4389.90 (Official Build) (64-bit) (it just updated when I checked the version)

Adding some screenshots so you can see what is working and what isn't. It seems SOME options are working (discount in shopping cart) and some aren't (filters etc)

The only way to get everything working is by uninstalling and then reinstalling the add on every time I have to close Chrome. 

addon_01.jpg
    2542 x 752 - 241K
    addon_02.jpg
    1007 x 621 - 125K
    addon_03.jpg
    1258 x 484 - 49K
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,390

I'm running  Chrome 89.0.4389.90 on my Linux system (only system I use online) and everything works for me

I've never had any of the problems that have been mentioned now or in the past Just lucky I guess.

• I'm on Chrome v89.0.4389.82, and the add-on was broken when I opened the site this morning, but an uninstall/reinstall seemed to fix it.

when you close Chrome it "breaks" again tho.  

zombietaggerung said:

I'm on Chrome v89.0.4389.82, and the add-on was broken when I opened the site this morning, but an uninstall/reinstall seemed to fix it.

• jakiblue said:

when you close Chrome it "breaks" again tho.  

zombietaggerung said:

I'm on Chrome v89.0.4389.82, and the add-on was broken when I opened the site this morning, but an uninstall/reinstall seemed to fix it.

Well, unless my computer needs to restart for updates or chrome needs to relaunch to update, I never close my browser. My computer updated last night so that's the only reason I had to reboot. 

• OverdrawnOverdrawn Posts: 580
    Just popping in to thank everyone for this research! I've upgraded Chrome and am trying to get things to fail for me as it is for others, but so far things are working...which makes this harder to debug... I'll keep trying to get it to break for me, and do more research into what they might have changed. Really sorry for the trouble, and I'll report back once I get it sorted or have more tests we can try. Thanks again, all!

IDK.  It's weird.  I fired up Chrome and updated it, and with the 2.5.3 version of the Daz Deals extension, and after shutting it down and relaunching it again, everything seems copacetic there too.  Could it be a TamperMonkey thing?

HEre's a screenshot of what extensions I have in chrome, and which ones i have turned on and which are off, if that may help. 

extensions.jpg
    1268 x 938 - 131K
    edited March 2021

I only have 4 enabled extensions for Edge:

DAZ Deals

MalwareBytes Browser Guard

AdBlock Plus

LastPass

DAZ Deals is not working In Edge unless I uninstall and reinstall it.

It appears to be working just fine in the actual Chrome browser though.

EDIT - just double checked what extensions I have enabled in Chrome to compare with Edge and I see that Adblock Plus is turned off in Chrome. However, that turned out to be a blind alley because I tried to reinstall the DAZ Deals extension in Edge and as soon as I stopped and started Edge again, it stopped working again. At least that is consistent - reinstall and it works, stop/start Edge and it stops working.

Post edited by marble on

This was a first.  Y'all fixing something?

• I think the servers went down. It's still not responding. I had a bunch of notices trigger, but when I check (I have to type it in the search bar, because the links aren't loading in the email) the prices are different. Which usually means that someone at Daz typed in the wrong percentile, and that may have overloaded Ati's site. (I got about 60+ notices that I have to reset now. once things are back up, 'cause it's still down now,)

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817

Here a Firefox user,

it gives me a page not Found result for the pricing window.

• RiverMissyRiverMissy Posts: 296

I am getting the civilizationhunt.com took too long to respond this morning and things not working in emails or anywhere else.  Sounds like maybe an isp or server problem.  I am using Chrome.

Should be fine now. I go away for half a day, and of course it dies during that half-day. Argh.

Ah, I see why it went down. Almost 35,000 items went on sale at once... :D Yeah, that's a lot of stuff to process and send out notifications for.

Ati said:

Ah, I see why it went down. Almost 35,000 items went on sale at once... :D Yeah, that's a lot of stuff to process and send out notifications for.

Thank you!
    Being without it for one morning really emphasised how useful it is. I avoided buying anything while I couldn't check forum mentions, price history etc. 

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

Still don't work for me on Chrome (have un-installed/re-installed)