Introduce Yourself, Hello, my name is.....

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,866
    edited December 2016

Welcome James. It sounds like you have quite a bit of related experience with your Blender and Hexagon work. It sounds like you've got a good start on Daz Studio, too. Have fun!

Post edited by barbult on
  • My name is Jim. I tried awhile back to use DAZ 3D studio, but had problems. My computer wasn't helping either. I first started using some pain program for the Amiga computer back around 1988. About 1990 I was using dkbtrace, a ray tracing program. I did an oil painting when I was about 8 or 10 years old. No home computers way back then. I did some perspective drawing, vanishing point stuff, in high school and a drafting class in theatrical design. I moved on to computer science, but I still want to draw. I can't draw a circle free hand.

I use Campaign Cartographer 3/3+ to draw castles, star ships, continents, etc.

Now I start my trek on using DAZ.

solosam90 said:

My name is Jim. I tried awhile back to use DAZ 3D studio, but had problems. My computer wasn't helping either. I first started using some pain program for the Amiga computer back around 1988. About 1990 I was using dkbtrace, a ray tracing program. I did an oil painting when I was about 8 or 10 years old. No home computers way back then. I did some perspective drawing, vanishing point stuff, in high school and a drafting class in theatrical design. I moved on to computer science, but I still want to draw. I can't draw a circle free hand.

I use Campaign Cartographer 3/3+ to draw castles, star ships, continents, etc.

Now I start my trek on using DAZ.

Welcome, Jim, we're glad to have you join us.

• duesouth201duesouth201 Posts: 2
    edited December 2016

Hi! I am duesouth. Some here might remember me from Render Haven. That was a long time ago. 6 years or so.

After Mrs. John had passed on and I went into a fight with cancer I just lost interest in everything, but I still played

with my Daz And Terragen. I enjoy the old Daz Studio. The new ones like so much else just make a simple

enjoyable toy more complicated. Sort of like putting batteries on a stick and expecting it to light up or something.

Any hoo I do enjoy it but my preference is Terragen, and at that the old one too. I gues I don't like change. I still

have my train set my dad got for me at Christmas when I was 6. It was made out of metal. :)

Well a friend of mine that I met over the years had contacted me some time ago and asked if I could set him up

a web site for his boat business. Sure why not. You can see it here http://www.millermobilemarinerepair.ctbcomputers.net

I have gotten back into computer repair with a twist. I live out on a farm I bought in Indiana 20 or so years ago and it is rural.

People don't have alot of money, so I do it for free. I'm retired and doing good, so why not. I take donations for my services

and donate that to my charities. I was surprised how generous people can be. Win win for everyone.

You can only raise chickens for so long. So if you get a chance stop by my website too  http://www.ctbcomputers.net  and see

what I have to offer. There are places there for evryone. And my special place Render Haven. I'll try to get some of my pics

in here but raising chickens is a full time job. And it's cold. But the farm fresh 2 hour old eggs are well worth it!

Well if you are still here Norma stop by and say hello. 

Have a blessed day everyone, time to take care of the little girls. )

Sea Sunrise.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 90K
    Post edited by duesouth201 on
  • Hi! I am duesouth. Some here might remember me from Render Haven. That was a long time ago. 6 years or so.

After Mrs. John had passed on and I went into a fight with cancer I just lost interest in everything, but I still played

with my Daz And Terragen. I enjoy the old Daz Studio. The new ones like so much else just make a simple

enjoyable toy more complicated. Sort of like putting batteries on a stick and expecting it to light up or something.

Any hoo I do enjoy it but my preference is Terragen, and at that the old one too. I gues I don't like change. I still

have my train set my dad got for me at Christmas when I was 6. It was made out of metal. :)

Well a friend of mine that I met over the years had contacted me some time ago and asked if I could set him up

a web site for his boat business. Sure why not. You can see it here http://www.millermobilemarinerepair.ctbcomputers.net ;

I have gotten back into computer repair with a twist. I live out on a farm I bought in Indiana 20 or so years ago and it is rural.

people don't have alot of money, so I do it for free. I'm retired and doing good, so why not. I take donations for my services

and donate that to my charities. I was surprised how generous people can be. Win win for everyone.

You can only raise chickens for so long. So if you get a chance stop by my website too  http://www.ctbcomputers.net  and see

what I have to offer. There are places there for evryone. And my special place Render Haven. I'll try to get some of my pics

in here but raising chickens is a full time job. And it's cold. But the farm fresh 2 hour old eggs are well worth it!

Well if you are still here Norma stop by and say hello. 

Have a blessed day everyone, time to take care of the little girls. )

• Gary Glover. New to DAZ.

Problem: I am creating 63 illustrations for a children's book. I can do the illustrations by hand, but want to learn 3d illustrating. The main character in the book (which takes place in Nepal) starts out at 5 years old, and the story ends when he is a young man of about 50.

Question: Will I be able to use the "Growing Up" morphs (which are for Genesis 3) with Michael 4 and Victoria 4, or should I stick to the Genesis 3 male and female?

[email protected]

• OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123

"Young man of about 50".  Some people will be gratified by that.

• Hey guys! My name's Mia and I'm still really new to Daz 3D and animating in general so I'm pretty sure that this is a silly question and the answer is probably in my face but how do I move props? I made one of my first characters and I want to drag a weapon so that it actually looks like she's holding it but as of now, the weapon is just floating in the vicinity around my character. I used many different tools to try and drag it to the right spot but I'm guessing that it's not that easy. Thank you to anyone willing to help!

• Hey guys! My name's Mia and I'm still really new to Daz 3D and animating in general so I'm pretty sure that this is a silly question and the answer is probably in my face but how do I move props? I made one of my first characters and I want to drag a weapon so that it actually looks like she's holding it but as of now, the weapon is just floating in the vicinity around my character. I used many different tools to try and drag it to the right spot but I'm guessing that it's not that easy. Thank you to anyone willing to help!

Nevermind! I figured it out!

• Paint program I was using not a pain program... although it was painful to use.

You're welcome.

• hi everbody my name is big daddy cool and just stated doing dazes

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    GGlover said:

Gary Glover. New to DAZ.

Problem: I am creating 63 illustrations for a children's book. I can do the illustrations by hand, but want to learn 3d illustrating. The main character in the book (which takes place in Nepal) starts out at 5 years old, and the story ends when he is a young man of about 50.

Question: Will I be able to use the "Growing Up" morphs (which are for Genesis 3) with Michael 4 and Victoria 4, or should I stick to the Genesis 3 male and female?

[email protected]

Welcome GGlover

I believe the Growing Up Morphs are specific to the generation of Genesis it was designed for.

Hey guys! My name's Mia and I'm still really new to Daz 3D and animating in general so I'm pretty sure that this is a silly question and the answer is probably in my face but how do I move props? I made one of my first characters and I want to drag a weapon so that it actually looks like she's holding it but as of now, the weapon is just floating in the vicinity around my character. I used many different tools to try and drag it to the right spot but I'm guessing that it's not that easy. Thank you to anyone willing to help!

Nevermind! I figured it out!

Welcome themsimmer03.

I am glad you figured out how to move props. 

hi everbody my name is big daddy cool and just stated doing dazes

Welcome big daddy cool.

• Hi?

Guess I'm a random user who'd like to start in 3d art. I say the software and saw how easy it was to use and just gaped for 2 hours while it was downloading.

LOL XD

Inpired by: Low poly, its my favourite type of art, therefore, art is my favourite thing   XP

Hi there ximanwu1. 

• Hi, I'm crazysovietboy, just call me CSB or Arrows. I'm new to DAZ and a friend of mine from Deviantart inspired me to make some. So I decide to join in.

• Hello i am DarkGameNet, but please call me ddarkus ^.^, I got into daz3d for the easy access to the tools of animation. Experimenting in 3d animation and comics is why i am here for the most part :3, from playing board games to video game vlogs type stuff.

• Hello everybody my name is MEGADROID and im new here atually still downloading ive been through many programs such as iclone , maya, blender,makehuman, fuse cc, and they were a big pain in the ass! so i really hope this program is what it claims to be and that it would be easy to use and user friendly, thank you for your timesmiley

Hi, I'm crazysovietboy, just call me CSB or Arrows. I'm new to DAZ and a friend of mine from Deviantart inspired me to make some. So I decide to join in.

Welcome CSB.

Hello i am DarkGameNet, but please call me ddarkus ^.^, I got into daz3d for the easy access to the tools of animation. Experimenting in 3d animation and comics is why i am here for the most part :3, from playing board games to video game vlogs type stuff.

Hi ddarkus.  Welcome.

Hello everybody my name is MEGADROID and im new here atually still downloading ive been through many programs such as iclone , maya, blender,makehuman, fuse cc, and they were a big pain in the ass! so i really hope this program is what it claims to be and that it would be easy to use and user friendly, thank you for your timesmiley

Hello Megadroid.  Welcome.

• Hello, it's my second month, how are you? 

Someone knows how to change forum user name? thanks

Hello, it's my second month, how are you? 

You can change your username in your account profile.

https://www.daz3d.com/customer/account/edit/

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    barbult said:

Hello, it's my second month, how are you? 

You can change your username in your account profile.

https://www.daz3d.com/customer/account/edit/

• Hello everyone my name is Anthony,,, im new to the 3d world and looking forward to creating some assets that everyone will enjoy. I use Zbrush to make them and was wondering will they still be compatable with daz studio?  

•  

Hi, I started using daz now, but I need to improve, and I would like to know if you accept prepaid international visa card, I live in Brazil. Can someone help me ?

•  

Hi, I started using daz now, but I need to improve, and I would like to know if you accept prepaid international visa card, I live in Brazil. Can someone help me ?

Have you tried? If it's not working, and if you can, you might try PayPal. If both fail I can only suggest opening a Sales Support ticket http://www.daz3d.com/help/help-contact-us

• Hi people, I'm new to the forum itself, but for the past few years, I've been using Poser only (currently Poser 10).

During this time, I've been self-learning along the way, especially with the V4 model, as well as Aiko and The Girl models.

• lealea Posts: 25

Hello my name is Léa, I'm a pattern maker (making clothes). I'm starting using DAZ to create realistic figure that I can dress with a system that switch 2D CAD garment pattern into 3D simulations.

It's still a bit complicated for me :p

I'm only using the free templates for now, I can't even change an item color properly ahah.