Carrara Community Art Gallery - Show us your Renders!!!

Comments

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226
    edited January 11

thx, I'd like to shoot down a bunch of zombies here and there :)

I would remark the average render time, 25 seconds/frame

Post edited by magaremoto on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,085

magaremoto said:

thx, I'd like to shoot down a bunch of zombies here and there :)

I would remark the average render time, 25 seconds/frame

Could be a good set for the Sharks and the Jets if they remake Westside Story.  yes

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226

we have a plenty of inspiring artists here @daz who can make our dreams come true smiley

• KhoeKhoe Posts: 293
    edited January 15

After many more attempts, the initial forest finally became a picture. Other trees were added and not so good ones were taken out. At first I had big problems adding the fog. There were always white edges, which was ultimately caused by the ambient light as soon as the trees had soft transitions.
    that is the result

Dschungelexperiment-Dinos.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 477K
    Post edited by Khoe on
  • Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,194

Khoe said:

After many more attempts, the initial forest finally became a picture. Other trees were added and not so good ones were taken out. At first I had big problems adding the fog. There were always white edges, which was ultimately caused by the ambient light as soon as the trees had soft transitions.
    that is the result

Very cool.  That is the kind of landscape that I buy VUE for (and pay a subscription - don't tell anybody).  An exampls in this short animation, about ten seconds starting at ~0:36:

Steve K said:

Khoe said:

that is the result

Very cool.  That is the kind of landscape that I buy VUE for (and pay a subscription - don't tell anybody).  An exampls in this short animation, about ten seconds starting at ~0:36:

What does that tell us ;) Carrara can do far more than a lot thinks is possible.
    I still think that many people who once bought Carrara simply didn't use the potential.
      With a little more practice you can do such landscapes very well,
    I'll try it when I get the chance. also a small camera movement but I have to practice a lot first :) 

Khoe said:

What does that tell us ;) Carrara can do far more than a lot thinks is possible.
    I still think that many people who once bought Carrara simply didn't use the potential.
    I'll try it when I get the chance. also a small camera movement but I have to practice a lot first :) 

Agreed.  The Carrara products from Howie Farkes are a good example, and I have most of them.  Similarly, a major reason I like VUE is the availability of products from a favorite vendor in VUE format.  Being lazy, I prefer to let a talented creator do the hard work (at very reasonable prices, $10 +/-).  blush  The landscape in the video above is one of those products.  That vendor has since switched to Blender, but I have many of his products for VUE.  

Steve K said:

Khoe said:

Agreed.  The Carrara products from Howie Farkes are a good example, and I have most of them.  Similarly, a major reason I like VUE is the availability of products from a favorite vendor in VUE format.  Being lazy, I prefer to let a talented creator do the hard work (at very reasonable prices, $10 +/-).  blush  The landscape in the video above is one of those products.  That vendor has since switched to Blender, but I have many of his products for VUE.  

You can create a landscape like this in a very short time, you just have to get some trees as a texture first (they're available for free on Texture.com) or use Ki to make it white ;) Once you have the idea, you can create a landscape very quickly Create in the editor, then immediately paint the places where the trees should go, save the texture on the landscape, activate the replicator and assign the painted texture and throw in the tree bilboards, play a little more with the size and quantity and you're done, it takes less than 30 minutes with practice.
    I also thought Vue was great, but when the subscription models came out it became too expensive for me. Vue and Carrara were the same for some time when it came to landscape. Then development at Carrara stopped. Unfortunately. It looks like I'll have to decide where to go at some point. 

Khoe said:

that is the result

Looks fantastic.  I always like how you use mist, haze, and fog to give your landscapes a sense of depth.  Excellent.

Khoe said:

You can create a landscape like this in a very short time, you just have to get some trees as a texture first (they're available for free on Texture.com) or use Ki to make it white ;) Once you have the idea, you can create a landscape very quickly Create in the editor, then immediately paint the places where the trees should go, save the texture on the landscape, activate the replicator and assign the painted texture and throw in the tree bilboards, play a little more with the size and quantity and you're done, it takes less than 30 minutes with practice.
    I also thought Vue was great, but when the subscription models came out it became too expensive for me. Vue and Carrara were the same for some time when it came to landscape. Then development at Carrara stopped. Unfortunately. It looks like I'll have to decide where to go at some point. 

Sounds like good advice, thanks.  

@Steve
    @ Diomede 
    Thanks for Comments :) 

• FettbemmeFettbemme Posts: 118
    edited January 30

timetravel device

zip
    zip
    device.zip
    2M
    00004.png
    2000 x 844 - 942K
    Post edited by Fettbemme on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,897

Fettbemme, nice and welcome yes

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,776

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Fettbemme, nice and welcome yes

+1yes

edited January 30

During the tests to get better textures in the close-up area, I created an image straight away.
    You never stop learning. The information here in the forum keeps things going. Thanks to everyone, you helped a lot.

elefantentrail.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 432K
    Post edited by Khoe on

Khoe said:

During the tests to get better textures in the close-up area, I created an image straight away.
    You never stop learning. The information here in the forum keeps things going. Thanks to everyone, you helped a lot.

nice

edited January 30

port ocean

using Cityblocks (Stonemason)

port ocean.png
    2000 x 844 - 2M
    Post edited by Fettbemme on

Fettbemme said:

port ocean

nice Work
    oder wie wir sagen einfach aber gut ? schön das ein Deutschsprachiger dabei ist.

Khoe said:

Fettbemme said:

port ocean

nice Work
    oder wie wir sagen einfach aber gut ? schön das ein Deutschsprachiger dabei ist.

Ja, wir halten zusammen smiley

Ich komme aus Halle

• therixxtherixx Posts: 91
    edited January 30

These German guys make quite good renders! :-)
    My rusty German allowed me to more or less understand what you two said.
    And thank you for the time travel device @fettbemme, I see you attached the Carrara scene. Is it for study or may we use the model as well?

Post edited by therixx on

therixx said:

And thank you for the time travel device @fettbemme, I see you attached the Carrara scene. Is it for study or may we use the model as well?

Please do. I'm curious what you guys do with it. But make a reset button. You know, when get lost in time and all that (I forgotten all about it, Sorry.)smiley

MOON-44

for some reason only old volumetric clouds work

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,776

Fettbemme said:

MOON-44

Nice !!!

Fettbemme said:

MOON-44

Nice Work :)

Great work, Fettbeme and Khoe!  Beautiful worldscapes.

• therixxtherixx Posts: 91

Fettbemme said:

therixx said:

Please do. I'm curious what you guys do with it. But make a reset button. You know, when get lost in time and all that (I forgotten all about it, Sorry.)smiley

Of course! That's always the first thing to do in these cases! :-) 

therixx said:

Fettbemme said:

therixx said:

Of course! That's always the first thing to do in these cases! :-) 

yeah, I... well, it's way too difficult for me, so I let others do that pushbutton :)

Fun with an old Howie Farkes set.  For the Legacy event.

Diomede said:

Very good.  Long live Howie.  Carrara can do great landscapes.  yes

Diomede said:

i like this :)