Carrara Community Art Gallery - Show us your Renders!!!

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,236

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Dartanbeck said:

Wendy! I love both of the toon jobs - and I particularly like the Octane Toon! Very freaking nice, girl! Bravo!!!

I think we are on the cusp of some awesome postwork technology with AI too that will enhance not do away with 3D and real footage 

Very cool! I think we're about to see a whole lot of AI benefits for a whole lot of different things.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,085

I don't want to turn this into another AI thread, but I agree that big changes are happening rapidly.

Diomede said:

I don't want to turn this into another AI thread, but I agree that big changes are happening rapidly.

Of course. They're AI assisted! ;)

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,816

Used CI in this image

( Carrara Intelligence ) laugh

Dreaming again, Stezza? ;)

edited November 2023

never stop dreaming lol yes

Stonemanned again.png
    900 x 477 - 791K
    Post edited by Stezza on

Reading the title on the stone tablet, I agree, Stezza... you Do ROCK!!! :)

• FenFen Posts: 53

Diomede said:

Great job, Dart and Bunyip.  Mike Moir would be proud we are keeping his Carrara sets alive.  Here is another.  See if you can count the tree men.

Wow, amazing work!

• KhoeKhoe Posts: 293
    edited December 2023

Dragon Rider
    get something done again. The dragon was completely painted in Carrara. I think it turned out pretty well.

drachenreiter-!_!.jpg
    1080 x 1080 - 302K
    Post edited by Khoe on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,776

Stezza said:

never stop dreaming lol yes

Nice !!!

Khoe said:

Dragon Rider
    get something done again. The dragon was completely painted in Carrara. I think it turned out pretty well.

Looking great !!!

Where's the dragon from ?

Bunyip02 said:

Khoe said:

Dragon Rider

Looking great !!!

Where's the dragon from ?

the dragon is by Susan Houndsville
    was made available in a competition at 3d-board.de 

Great updates, sorry I am late.  First, thank you, @Fen, for the kind comment.  All credit goes to Mmoir for his wonderful set.  Love the Dragon Rider, @Khoe.  You alway convey great depth and atmosphere.  And @Stezza, I am sure verson 5 will be released Daz Soon.  Haha.

• Fen said:

Diomede said:

Great job, Dart and Bunyip.  Mike Moir would be proud we are keeping his Carrara sets alive.  Here is another.  See if you can count the tree men.

Wow, amazing work!

Where are you Mike Moir?!?! Please reopen your store somewhere: I want your preciousss Mystic Gorge...

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    edited December 2023

How the Grinch REALLY stole Christmas

Muchos Gracias to Stezza for the terrific Grinch and Christmas present models.  Super easy to use.  You can download them yourself here.

Too busy with life to get fully engaged again with an ongoing animation project, but I had to at least get the traditional end-of-year render done.  No postwork, as usual.

How the Grinch REALLY Stole Christmas.png
    1800 x 1013 - 2M
    Post edited by UnifiedBrain on
    edited December 2023

laugh awesome yes

in case some are unaware how to reset a figure pose.. in Carrara to reset a Carrara model pose, select the character and position to  0, 0 then select the model and then select Animation-- Send Bones to Reference Position wink

Post edited by Stezza on
    edited December 2023

The 2006-2009 Viking

In 2006, Poser 7 came out with the Simon figure as the base male, which Carrara fully supported.  Affiliated Content Paradise released the 'World Leaders' conforming clothing for P7 Simon, which included an 'Erik the Red' set of armor.  Then in 2009, Carrara 7 added dynamic hair (used to make facial hair and foreground grass) to the terrain and plant tools already in the program.   This Viking image is my attempt to use Poser 7 Simon and the Erik the Red outfit (shaders adjusted for Carrara shaders), then adjust in a photo editor with Carrara multipasses to add some depth of field, atmospheric haze, minor rim highlights, etc to a Carrara 8.5 render.   Ground created with Carrara terrain editor, grass is Carrara hair, vegetation from Carrara plant editor, clouds from Carrara volumetric clouds, ocean is replicated Carrara terrain.

P7 Eric After Postwork.png
    1024 x 1536 - 2M
    Post edited by Diomede on

UnifiedBrain said:

Muchos Gracias to Stezza for the terrific Grinch and Christmas present models.  Super easy to use.  You can download them yourself here.

Too busy with life to get fully engaged again with an ongoing animation project, but I had to at least get the traditional end-of-year render done.  No postwork, as usual.

Excellent.

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,194

Diomede said:

The 2006-2009 Viking

...  Ground created with Carrara terrain editor, grass is Carrara hair, vegetation from Carrara plant editor, clouds from Carrara volumetric clouds, ocean is replicated Carrara terrain.

Very good,  This Carrara program sounds pretty useful.  wink

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,194

UnifiedBrain said:

Very good, the lighting especially caught my eye.  yes

• Thank you Stezza, Diomede, and Steve!

Stezza said:

in case some are unaware how to reset a figure pose.. in Carrara to reset a Carrara model pose, select the character and position to  0, 0 then select the model and then select Animation-- Send Bones to Reference Position wink

For sure.  I kept the original pose (more or less) because it fit the render perfectly, and because it seemed like a fitting tribute to your original idea.

edited December 2023

sweet smiley

Fanta on a Santa.png
    900 x 675 - 1M
    Post edited by Stezza on
    edited December 2023

Ring the Bell smiley

Ring the Bell.png
    800 x 600 - 868K
    Post edited by Stezza on

Stezza said:

Ring the Bell smiley

Cool !!!

Awesome, Stezza!

thanks.. also grabbing some Christmas PA freebies to use in Carrara smiley

edited December 2023

a revised version of the Dragon Rider pictures. The previous picture was a bit boring upon closer inspection. Which would probably explain the very cautious reactions.
    What do you think of this edit?

P.S Who else generates landscapes here? I very rarely see something that you can use as a guide.

drachenreiter-V2-final .jpg
    864 x 1080 - 230K
    Post edited by Khoe on

Looks great!

Some of the outdoors and landscape artists included but not limited to Howie Farkes, Mike Moir, TimA, and Dartanbeck.  There have been many others, of course.  Of those Iisted, only Dartanbeck regularly participates in the Carrara forum now.  

• love it heart

Diomede said:

Looks great!

Some of the outdoors and landscape artists included but not limited to Howie Farkes, Mike Moir, TimA, and Dartanbeck.  There have been many others, of course.  Of those Iisted, only Dartanbeck regularly participates in the Carrara forum now.  

I've already noticed that only Dartan still takes part, but he's now also more concerned with animation. It seems to be slowly coming to an end now. at least landscape that Carrara was once made for. It's all a shame. Don't get me wrong, everyone else is doing great things too. I just can't do that, so no comments,