Carrara Community Art Gallery - Show us your Renders!!!

Comments

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,660

Diomede said:

UnifiedBrain said:

Old-School Recharge

This is an edited version of a render I submitted to the Sexy Robot contest at Renderhub.  No postwork.

Did anyone else enter?

You can't vote in this one.  Judges only.

Love the expressions!  Fun and vibrant.  Excellent.

+1 yes

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,796

what if you go over the limit and it spills out everywhere making a mess angel

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Thanks to everyone for the comments - I think. laugh

Not sure about the judges frame of reference.  Many of the entries were NVWACI (Naked Vicky with a Cybernetic Implant) and created in Daz Studio with Photoshop postwork..

If that is what the judges want, then I have low expectations.

On the other hand, my wife thought it was stunning (in a good way) and said that it was the first render that I have ever done which really impressed her - so a win there for me, yay!

In 1990 I bought a book called Pin-Up, by a Japanese artist named Hajime Sorayama.  An incredible 2d artist, he is still alive and working today.  The images stuck with me all these years, and were part of the inspiration for the render.

I couldn't find the place to vote at Rendo.. must of missed out again... good luck .. against the odds but at least the missus is on side wink

there's a contest on in the Commons if you managed to grab the freebies

against the odds also but fun just the same yes

Excellent modeling!  True to form, you had two renders posted before most people even had time to think about it.

That briefcase seems made for Putin.  Will he be making an appearance?

edited April 2023

"Arrrgghhh, I wanted a 'Blow everything up Button', and all I got was this lousy 'Make Art Button' instead"

Make Art 1.png
    1600 x 1200 - 968K
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on

UnifiedBrain said:

Excellent modeling!  True to form, you had two renders posted before most people even had time to think about it.

That briefcase seems made for Putin.  Will he be making an appearance?

thanks UB

you must be one of those remote viewer people I've read about! laugh

I can neither confirm nor deny any such render is forthcoming devil 

Bunyip02 said:

"Arrrgghhh, I wanted a 'Blow everthing up Button', and all I got was this lousy 'Make Art Button' instead"

lol.. love it...

but who doesn't love buttons yes 

Stezza said:

lol.. love it...

but who doesn't love buttons yes 

Thanks !!!

edited April 2023

in case you missed it .... the case that is... smiley

Breakfast at Vlads.png
    800 x 600 - 608K
    Post edited by Stezza on
    edited April 2023

Clues!

Clues.png
    800 x 600 - 677K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,922

Stezza said:

Clues!

Briliant as per usual Stezza

• therixxtherixx Posts: 89
    edited April 2023

Easter 2023: The Monolith

During the exploration of the mysterious chocoplanet, down in a crater of the surface, something unexpected suddenly appears!
    A sort of strange geometric solid stands before the eyes of the Chocorabbits, taking them aback.

Could it be a natural formation?
    Might it have possibly been created, assembled or built by a sentient being?
    Where is it from? Why is it here?
    But, above all, what is it made of?!?? ;-)

This plot twist leads to great questions...

Happy and mysterious Easter 2023!

Quiz: this image, as well, pays homage to something rather known. As always, let me know if you understand what we are talking about.

Pasqua2023-1280x720.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 151K
    Post edited by therixx on

@therixx once again you don't disappoint with a terrific Choco render yes

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

Stezza said:

@therixx once again you don't disappoint with a terrific Choco render yes

+1

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,800

video AI background 

• therixxtherixx Posts: 89

Thank you @Stezza and @Diomede, the Chocorabbits appreciate.
    The monolith... Well, who could tell what the monolith feels?

video 

Lorez Horse 2

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,190

WendyLuvsCatz said:

video 

Lorez Horse 2

Some of those Lorez figures are really nice.  yes

video 

mostly Carrara (tunnel scenes hoodie rider)

most of those Octane Render (emissive carriage lamps)

bit of DAZ iray (solo Monk)

WendyLuvsCatz said:

video 

mostly Carrara (tunnel scenes hoodie rider)

most of those Octane Render (emissive carriage lamps)

bit of DAZ iray (solo Monk)

Interesting camera motion.  On a vaguely related topic, reminds me of Hitchcock's movie "Rope", which gave the illusion of one long shot for the whole movie.  Actually, it is composed of 10 long takes (11 if the opening credits sequence is included) that each run about the length of a film spool.  But each cut is disguised, e.g. by an actor walking in front of the camera, giving a split second of black.  This all took a LOT of planning for the crew to move the (big) cameras around the cables, props, walls (!), etc.  One of the stars (James Stuart?) said the only reheasal that got done was for the camera.  frown

Carrara Illustration for a short story contest entry:

THE BEST LAID PLANS

“This is the worst trip I’ve ever been on.”

Standing on the promenade deck with storm litter everywhere, it was hard to argue with her.  Piles of deck chairs, cables hanging from the ceiling, various big hunks of what used to be ship fixtures laying everywhere.  Water was still running down from higher decks and across the floor, out the scuppers. At least it was flowing out. She kept trying to scratch under the cast on her arm, I had trouble turning my head due to the neck brace.  But I was getting better with the crutch.

The calm ocean surface was a vivid contrast to the memory of the raging sea during the storm.  Our ship was now moving steadily, if slowly, toward our destination port of Southampton, the lighthouse shining through the dense fog.  All in stark contrast to the 60 foot waves and Force 10 winds of our recent experience with nature’s power off Land’s End.  The storm had struck with little warning during a large party in the main ballroom for the first class passengers.  She was still wearing her stylish flapper dress, while I somehow had kept my bowler hat intact, although my coat and shirt were gone.  The tables and chairs in the ballroom had been sliding first to one side, then back as the ship rolled in the turbulence.  The grand piano slid one way, then back through the entryway and apparently over the side.  We had managed to escape the melee through a corridor, walking on the walls as much as the flooded floor, to a smaller deck area where we clung to handrails for several hours.

Our ship, the twenty year old RMS Campania, had not sunk, surely a tribute to the ship builders.  The ship’s doctor had patched up the many injured passengers, although the crew seemed to have avoided such damage.

One officer, standing near a group of passengers and looking at the broad English coastline, said “You’d think an island this big would be on the charts.”  He smiled at the wide eyes of some passengers.

She was reading the ship’s brochure given to all passengers.  “Six hundred twenty feet long, sixty-five foot beam.  You’d think a ship like that would handle a storm with no passengers injured!”

A nearby officer said, “No, madam, but THAT ship will.”  We turned to look where he pointed, a huge four stack ship was steaming slowly out to sea, with only one stack smoking. He continued, “The RMS Olympic, nearly nine hundred feet long and ninety three foot beam.  Unsinkable, they say.  She’s moving slow in here close to land, but she’ll hit twenty three knots in mid-Atlantic.  Fast and safe. And she has a new Marconi wireless rig, so weather warnings let her avoid storms.”

She looked stunned.  “No storms!  We will take that ship back to America.”  

The officer said, “You’ll have to wait a good while, she’s on a long cruise.  But you might consider her sister ship, about to launch. Just as fast and safe.”

“Where do we book passage?” she asked.

He pointed at the brochure’s ad for the Cunard Line.  “You want the Titanic”.

Steve K said:

Carrara Illustration for a short story contest entry:

THE BEST LAID PLANS

“This is the worst trip I’ve ever been on.”

Standing on the promenade deck with storm litter everywhere, it was hard to argue with her.  Piles of deck chairs, cables hanging from the ceiling, various big hunks of what used to be ship fixtures laying everywhere.  Water was still running down from higher decks and across the floor, out the scuppers. At least it was flowing out. She kept trying to scratch under the cast on her arm, I had trouble turning my head due to the neck brace.  But I was getting better with the crutch.

The calm ocean surface was a vivid contrast to the memory of the raging sea during the storm.  Our ship was now moving steadily, if slowly, toward our destination port of Southampton, the lighthouse shining through the dense fog.  All in stark contrast to the 60 foot waves and Force 10 winds of our recent experience with nature’s power off Land’s End.  The storm had struck with little warning during a large party in the main ballroom for the first class passengers.  She was still wearing her stylish flapper dress, while I somehow had kept my bowler hat intact, although my coat and shirt were gone.  The tables and chairs in the ballroom had been sliding first to one side, then back as the ship rolled in the turbulence.  The grand piano slid one way, then back through the entryway and apparently over the side.  We had managed to escape the melee through a corridor, walking on the walls as much as the flooded floor, to a smaller deck area where we clung to handrails for several hours.

Our ship, the twenty year old RMS Campania, had not sunk, surely a tribute to the ship builders.  The ship’s doctor had patched up the many injured passengers, although the crew seemed to have avoided such damage.

One officer, standing near a group of passengers and looking at the broad English coastline, said “You’d think an island this big would be on the charts.”  He smiled at the wide eyes of some passengers.

She was reading the ship’s brochure given to all passengers.  “Six hundred twenty feet long, sixty-five foot beam.  You’d think a ship like that would handle a storm with no passengers injured!”

A nearby officer said, “No, madam, but THAT ship will.”  We turned to look where he pointed, a huge four stack ship was steaming slowly out to sea, with only one stack smoking. He continued, “The RMS Olympic, nearly nine hundred feet long and ninety three foot beam.  Unsinkable, they say.  She’s moving slow in here close to land, but she’ll hit twenty three knots in mid-Atlantic.  Fast and safe. And she has a new Marconi wireless rig, so weather warnings let her avoid storms.”

She looked stunned.  “No storms!  We will take that ship back to America.”  

The officer said, “You’ll have to wait a good while, she’s on a long cruise.  But you might consider her sister ship, about to launch. Just as fast and safe.”

“Where do we book passage?” she asked.

He pointed at the brochure’s ad for the Cunard Line.  “You want the Titanic”.

looking good... maybe fix the pokethrough on the females leg with the dress and maybe add a bit of bump to the arm plaster yes 

Ken Gilliland's spider in Carrara

boned AI blimp cutout

WendyLuvsCatz said:

boned AI blimp cutout

"That must be wonderful, I don't understand it at all."  (Moliere)   But an interesting effect.  yes

Thanks for the closing screen animations in Carrara, maybe I'll get it.

edited June 2023

Steve K said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

boned AI blimp cutout

"That must be wonderful, I don't understand it at all."  (Moliere)   But an interesting effect.  yes

I wanted to animate this Leonado AI image so I used Philemo's cutouts plugin to make a blimp I rigged

added a skirt and animated the texture in another program for the facial expressions 

making 2.5D  in a 3D set

Default_anthropomorphic_furry_black_cat_photorealistic_beautif_1_7ffed105-979d-41d9-990b-61c56bef6d0a_1.jpg
    2368 x 3088 - 1M
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited June 2023

I am rendering another one

PanTera0316.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Steve K said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

boned AI blimp cutout

I wanted to animate this Leonado AI image so I used Philemo's cutouts plugin to make a blimp I rigged

added a skirt and animated the texture in another program for the facial expressions 

making 2.5D  in a 3D set

I applaud your creativity in boning the blimp, Wendy.  Ditto the face movement.  You are always pushing the envelope, which benefits us all.

I also think that you could make something very similar to this character/outfit in Carrara, modifying models that you already own.  A bit harder to model, but would look way better in animation.

A good Carrara Challenge would be - "Here is an AI image.  Now make it in Carrara."

UnifiedBrain said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Steve K said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

boned AI blimp cutout

making 2.5D  in a 3D set

I applaud your creativity in boning the blimp, Wendy.  Ditto the face movement.  You are always pushing the envelope, which benefits us all.

I also think that you could make something very similar to this character/outfit in Carrara, modifying models that you already own.  A bit harder to model, but would look way better in animation.

A good Carrara Challenge would be - "Here is an AI image.  Now make it in Carrara."

well I have so far unsuccessfully been trying to recreate them with DAZ content  

edited June 2023

White Tip surprise

White Tip.png
    800 x 600 - 576K
    Post edited by Stezza on