Carrara Community Art Gallery - Show us your Renders!!!

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,081

Stezza said:

yes

always looking wink

+1

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Khoe said:

UnifiedBrain said:

Another nice render.  Would easily fit into the "Turning Point" theme in the current Challenge. :)

I don't know what's in the picture with turning point. It would be extremely far-fetched. I see this challenge more for people who have mastered animation and have the appropriate machines to render. I also don't like the extremely broad topic, it's everything and at the same time not tangible.  I can also see from the reactions to the picture that these types of pictures are currently receiving little attention. Everyone is busy with the challenge. I'm really looking forward to the results. :)

In the Challenge, some artists like more rules.  They want details and specifics.  But some artists want less rules.  They want the freedom to express how and what they want.

That is all well and good - and normal.

The question is, where do these preferences for rules/no rules fit into the Challenge?

Headwax started the Challenge back in 2013.  In later reflecting on his idea, he said "The idea initially was two-fold:  1) To foster a sense of community spirit, and 2) To help us learn from each other how to use Carrara in a better manner - and explore her awesome abilities."

As you can see, the rules were never the most important part of the Challenge.  Of course, rules are always useful as general guidelines.  Further, the rules also change to a degree for every Challenge, so you sometimes have to think outside the box. :)

Yes, Diomede created a very broad theme.  In setting the rules, he said "Your challenge is to create an image, or one page of sequential images, or an animation inspired by the term 'turning point.' Any interpretation of 'turning point' is acceptable."  Khoe, your render definitely reflects that broad theme.  In your render, the dragon is physically coming around a corner, and metaphorically reaching a turning point in his life.  As you said, "If a young woman is fond of him, he also turns into a young prince."

As a side note, I'm sure it was Diomede's intent to make entering the Challenge easier and more inclusive, not less inclusive.  I suspect that it surprised him a bit when you decided not to enter.

Maintaining community spirit and learning tips from others on how to use Carrara are still the main reasons the Challenge exists.  As the years pass, and artists start to forget about Carrara, this becomes even more important.

You said something about animations.  To be very clear, the current Challenge has little to do with animation, nor is it geared towards animators.  Very few animators EVER enter the Challenge.  Diomede said he hopes to change that, but his goal is to encourage more animators to enter, not exclude others.  Regular renders (which most of us do) are still part of the mix.

The bottom line is, you are a good artist.  We like seeing good artists in the Challenge.  If we can help with any misconceptions you might have, and make it easier for you to enter, we will do so.  It is as simple as that. smiley

• KhoeKhoe Posts: 293

UnifiedBrain said:

YOU BETTER WATCH OUT!!!

You better not cry,

You better not pout,

I'm telling you why -

Santa Clause is coming to town!

Merry Christmas to all.angel

Nice Reder. :)

edited January 2023

on more renderer Wintertime. :)
    the hunter 30 000 BC.

Eiszeit-final.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 586K
    Post edited by Khoe on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,823

just playing with skies 

WendyLuvsCatz said:

just playing with skies 

it is funny :) 

• ProPoseProPose Posts: 520

Playing with the Terrain Editor

edited January 2023

And another one 

and how do I put my render here rather than an attachment?

old_wood_floor_8k.jpg
    2000 x 1000 - 365K
    Post edited by ProPose on
    edited January 2023

Capture.JPG
    719 x 533 - 73K
    Capture2.JPG
    497 x 504 - 54K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

Thanks Wendy, but how did you do that?

ProPose said:

Thanks Wendy, but how did you do that?

patience, forum takes a while and my snipping and editing 

I've tried that, but where does the URL info come from?  (I'm a little dense today)

I'll try again

getting closer

refresh after uploading pic and saving post

click on picture thumb and copy it's address

don't delete the thumb

Thanks a lot!

edited February 2023

the road once passed here, the couple was able to accommodate guests again and again so they had their get along. But then the new bridge was built across the valley. Nobody has come since that time.

haus im Wald.jpg
    1620 x 1080 - 352K
    Post edited by Khoe on

Nice!!!  I was actually looking for Hanzel und Gretel to pop out from behiind a tree

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,802

ProPose said:

Nice!!!  I was actually looking for Hanzel und Gretel to pop out from behind a tree

as was I ... there's gotta be something hiding in the old car though! surprise

• I love it heart

Stezza said:

ProPose said:

Nice!!!  I was actually looking for Hanzel und Gretel to pop out from behind a tree

Hansel and Gretel aren't coming either. They drive over the new bridge to the dance club. :) 

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,701

ProPose said:

Nice!!!  I was actually looking for Hanzel und Gretel to pop out from behiind a tree

+1 yes

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,081

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I love it heart

+1

Khoe said:

Stezza said:

ProPose said:

Hansel and Gretel aren't coming either. They drive over the new bridge to the dance club. :) 

Good candidate for another Carrara Challenge 

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226

testing a new basic realistic atmosphere

average time 3/4 minutes per frame, 3200x1800 res

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,191

Entry in a "Pinup" Contest.  Carrara, of course.

magaremoto said:

average time 3/4 minutes per frame, 3200x1800 res

Very nice !!!

Steve K said:

Entry in a "Pinup" Contest.  Carrara, of course.

Awesome !!!

edited March 2023

thx Bunyip02 :)

all my efforts to persuade men @daz to keep on developing carrara have come to an end, sorry for my failure. One last chance could be make a short using daz studio and carrara together (I'm pretty confident to get similar rendering results in carrara, 3delight or iray biased engine) but I'm not enough skilled in animation or post production. What I think since 2010, when I started playing around with carrara, is its potential in making considerable productions but unfortunately @ daz they don't care about that, they keep on focusing on d/s and its bridges whereas in carrara everything is way more simple

Post edited by magaremoto on