Carrara Community Art Gallery - Show us your Renders!!!

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,083

Thanks, SteveK.  I enjoyed kitbashing the elements for that one.  I have a relative who did a copy of the original, but using needlepoint.  See it at holidays, and thought it would make a good 3D project.

Yes, yet another entry in the Daz+ contest.  Older content in Carrara.  Carrara hair includes the real fur for the millenium dog, the flat top hair for M4, and Swept Away for V4.  I suspect most of the items I cropped together for this are no longer available in the Daz store.  Had fun playing with Carrara fog, though.

edited July 2023

Koshini 2: The Farmgirl's Fairy Godmother.

My final 2023 Daz+ Summer entry.  I promise.  I think the Koshini and Ichiro characters were made by Lady Littlefox for Poser, and sold through the old RDNA site.  It took a little work overcoming some rigging issues to get the Fairy dress working in Carrara, but most of the content has had no trouble.

Post edited by Diomede on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,859
    edited July 2023

interior 

DVCJ790.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

WendyLuvsCatz said:

interior 

Great lighting and very rich textures, well done!

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Diomede said:

Koshini 2: The Farmgirl's Fairy Godmother.

My final 2023 Daz+ Summer entry.  I promise.  I think the Koshini and Ichiro characters were made by Lady Littlefox for Poser, and sold through the old RDNA site.  It took a little work overcoming some rigging issues to get the Fairy dress working in Carrara, but most of the content has had no trouble.

The whole series was kind of a surprise to me.  I know that some of these were done in DS, and some were not.  But my overriding impression is that you have stepped up your game.  yes  For sure, you are hitting my sense of esthetics stronger in a good way.

I would get more specific, but probably start an argument. sad

Thanks UB, for the up-the-game comment.  As for esthetic and cultural sensibilities, I am definitely an oddball, so no worries here.  Speaking of which, I was just thinking I need to finish the Beta Disintegrator model.  As for my recent flurry of Daz+ entry posts, I was hoping I did not start an argument by posting a couple that were rendered in Daz Studio, even if a lot of the modeling, etc was done in Carrara.  Often it is in the other direction, I model something in Carrara, use Studio's transfer utility etc as a free plugin to rig and weightmap it, then conform, pose, and render in Carrara. 

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,811
    edited July 2023

yep, agree with UB @diomede the images you've been posting are wonderfull even the ones rendered in the software we do not mention... after seeing those though I had to listen to Bludging on the Blindside with Roy & HG to bring back some of my normality wink

yes Great work

now to see if loading images is working downunder 

Animals.png
    800 x 600 - 976K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,740

Steve K said:

Diomede said:

Abdication.

And yet another entry in the Daz+ Summer Event.  Although I rendered this one in Daz Studio, I modeled a lot of items and kit bashed a lot of items in Carrara for the scene.  This is a tribute to a classic painting by Gavin Hamilton.  It depicts Mary Queen of Scots abdicating.  Interested people can find the original here.  

Interested people can find the original Hamilton piece here.  https://artuk.org/discover/artworks/the-abdication-of-mary-queen-of-scots-138568

Very nice. And that original painting is really impressive.  

+1 yes

UnifiedBrain said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

interior 

Great lighting and very rich textures, well done!

+1 yes

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,192

Diomede said:

Yes, yet another entry in the Daz+ contest.  Older content in Carrara.  Carrara hair includes the real fur for the millenium dog, the flat top hair for M4, and Swept Away for V4.  I suspect most of the items I cropped together for this are no longer available in the Daz store.  Had fun playing with Carrara fog, though.

Very nice, reminds me of all the horror movies where you think "Don't go down there!"  And the kind of thing that inspired the great "A Cabin In The Woods".   Roger Ebert (three stars out of four):  "You're not going to see this one coming ... One imagines the filmmakers chortling with glee as they devise first one bizarre development and then another in a free-for-all for their imaginations. They establish rules only to violate them."  My kind of movie.

P.S.  That "older content" is where I live mostly.  When I look up many products, the "Product Page" is gone ... indecision

edited July 2023

Steve K said:

Diomede said:

Very nice, reminds me of all the horror movies where you think "Don't go down there!"  And the kind of thing that inspired the great "A Cabin In The Woods".   Roger Ebert (three stars out of four):  "You're not going to see this one coming ... One imagines the filmmakers chortling with glee as they devise first one bizarre development and then another in a free-for-all for their imaginations. They establish rules only to violate them."  My kind of movie.

P.S.  That "older content" is where I live mostly.  When I look up many products, the "Product Page" is gone ... indecision

Thanks, SteveK.  Appreciate the comment.  Also, many of the product pages are missing for content in my projects as well.  There is a lot of good work to be done with legacy stuff.  yes

Post edited by Diomede on

Koshini the Dino Cowgirl.

With my Carrara up and running again, of course I had to have more fun with older content.  The next monthly Daz+ theme is 'dinosaurs.'  Both the literal meaning and the idea that using some tech (a typewriter?) would be like a dinosaur.  My recurring characters, Koshini the epic heroine farmgirl and Ichiro the pampered romance novel cover prince, are working the annual stegosaurus drive.  Well, Koshini is working, the prince is...  laugh

It occurs to me that my usage of Koshini as a heroine in a variety of settings and activities, paired with a relatively useless romance novel cover prince, aligns with the currently popular BARBIE movie.

Here is rottentomatoes on the Barbie movie.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/barbie

The drugstore magazine rack has always been an educational resource for young boys.  (An entry in a swimsuit render contest)

• KhoeKhoe Posts: 293
    edited August 2023

back again. I fell into a creative hole at the beginning of the year. It just didn't want to work anymore only after many months it was time for a new picture to be created.

lost tempel in dschungel

Ups Image uploading not working sad

ok now from my webseit.  wink

Post edited by Khoe on

Khoe said:

back again. I fell into a creative hole at the beginning of the year. It just didn't want to work anymore only after many months it was time for a new picture to be created.

lost tempel in dschungel

Ups Image uploading not working sad

Welcome back !!!

Image uploading work-around - https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8239121/#Comment_8239121

@Khoe, looks amazing.  Glad you got it uploaded (thanks again Bunyip).

Khoe said:

lost tempel in dschungel

Impressive, especially the lighting.

Steve K said:

Khoe said:

lost tempel in dschungel

Thank you :)

Steve K said:

Khoe said:

lost tempel in dschungel

+1 yes

Steve K said:

The drugstore magazine rack has always been an educational resource for young boys.  (An entry in a swimsuit render contest)

great image.. good luck with your entry..

reminds me of a couple of foxy ladies we have down under who serve up baby cheeses yessmiley 

Diomede said:

Koshini the Dino Cowgirl.

With my Carrara up and running again, of course I had to have more fun with older content.  The next monthly Daz+ theme is 'dinosaurs.'  Both the literal meaning and the idea that using some tech (a typewriter?) would be like a dinosaur.  My recurring characters, Koshini the epic heroine farmgirl and Ichiro the pampered romance novel cover prince, are working the annual stegosaurus drive.  Well, Koshini is working, the prince is...  laugh

Your renders make me thinking of jointing Daz+ again but I'll wait till it's on special... great renders yes

edited August 2023

Diomede said:

It occurs to me that my usage of Koshini as a heroine in a variety of settings and activities, paired with a relatively useless romance novel cover prince, aligns with the currently popular BARBIE movie.

Here is rottentomatoes on the Barbie movie.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/barbie

cool.. reminds me

I phoned a Radio Station today, to enter their mystery prize competition.

The presenter answered and said, "Congratulations on being our first caller, all you need to do is answer the following question correctly, to win our Mystery Grand Star Prize"

"That's Fantastic!" I called out in delight.

"Feel Confident?" The presenter asked, "It's a geography Question."

"Well, I've got a degree in Geography from Salford University," | proudly replied, "and I've taught Geography to A level students for the last 10 years"

"Ok then, to win our grand prize of 2 VIP tickets to the premier of new Barbie Movie and to meet actors afterwards, what is the capital of France?"

"Islamabad", I replied. wink

Post edited by Stezza on
    edited August 2023

had a spare 5 minutes and put this together using some products from the Daz store from various vendors smiley

The Cove

Cove.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 687K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • cobuspcobusp Posts: 302

Fun, isn't it? ;)

Curious, not for large masses like grass, etc., but have you tried using the replicator simply to make a bunch of things and make 'real' instances from the result (from within Replicator)?

It's Awesome for when we need a bunch of things that are Figures (cannot duplicate) because we can lay out a whole bunch, and after converting them to real instances, we can place them around the scene by hand. We cannot alter many of the things on them, like morphs, because they are still just instances. So if we need more variety, I use Fenric's Tree Duplicate to make several and make the changes I need, and then replicate them. Just Fun!

Yeah - I've done it recently combining it with physics. It works great. I first replicated a physics-based object (cash bill), and after converting the replicator to real instances, let them fall down to the ground plane into a natural heap.

Doc8.jpg
    1442 x 1080 - 574K
  • cobuspcobusp Posts: 302

I'm employing Carrara renders with Illustrator and Photoshop to create a vector-type style that I often see in editorial conceptual illustrations.

SCale.jpg
    1080 x 962 - 350K

Stezza said:

had a spare 5 minutes and put this together using some products from the Daz store from various vendors smiley

The Cove

Nice image. :) 
    i like it 

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,227

Fantastic! I Love this thread!!!

Keep Rendering!!!

cobusp said:

Fun, isn't it? ;)

Curious, not for large masses like grass, etc., but have you tried using the replicator simply to make a bunch of things and make 'real' instances from the result (from within Replicator)?

It's Awesome for when we need a bunch of things that are Figures (cannot duplicate) because we can lay out a whole bunch, and after converting them to real instances, we can place them around the scene by hand. We cannot alter many of the things on them, like morphs, because they are still just instances. So if we need more variety, I use Fenric's Tree Duplicate to make several and make the changes I need, and then replicate them. Just Fun!

Yeah - I've done it recently combining it with physics. It works great. I first replicated a physics-based object (cash bill), and after converting the replicator to real instances, let them fall down to the ground plane into a natural heap.

Cool use of physics.  yes  And nice job on the architectural vector style.  Double thumbs up.  yesyes