Carrara Community Art Gallery - Show us your Renders!!!

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,836
    edited April 2022

UnifiedBrain said:

Yes, that was disturbing. :)  However, it was also well done, and got me curious about the process.  Was this in Carrara, or Octane?  Is Nozzlehead a character?  What was the background?

both were Carrara, the first one used the Octane Render Plugin, the second one was Carrara native

the first one was also interpolated 8X with Flowframes, I didn't do the second one as did not need another long video

it finished unlike the Octane one that crashed about a quarter of the way in

the character is an FBX import exported from Unreal, I bought some cheap mutants, I added motion in iClone 3DXchange

I could have done that in Unreal too or used Mixamo

First background a plane with displacement and a weird texture with a Sky of Economy HDRi

Second one Infinity Cove 3 with the Spring texture (IC3 apparently culled from DAZ store but it's a morphing ground and cyclorama) 

the Nozzle is the simple water one with some modifications, I mostly modify existing Particle

I made it free in scene with more metaball influence (and objects a sphere for the Octane one as it doesn't see Carrara particles only objects referencing them)

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Thanks Wendy.  Sorry, I didn't even see the first one.  I watched the second.  Some impressive stuff using Carrara.  If you are still getting subscribers, this one could get them extra excited. :)

edited April 2022

UnifiedBrain said:

Thanks Wendy.  Sorry, I didn't even see the first one.  I watched the second.  Some impressive stuff using Carrara.  If you are still getting subscribers, this one could get them extra excited. :)

ha it immediately got a dislike.

the reason I am uploading less to that channel and more to the Dreaming Kitty one the first one was uploaded to.

I may not have many subscribers there (200 as opposed to 32K) but nobody dislikes my videos 

and I can enable comments without getting the awful trolls

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • BrianP21361BrianP21361 Posts: 791

WendyLuvsCatz said:

other one was Octane, object spheres as particles

Carrara native rendered just as fast with metaballs

I love it!

• KhoeKhoe Posts: 293
    edited May 2022

again some landscape with Carrara.

Trees, clouds, etc. all made in Carrara. only the grasses were imported. At the end it was reworked a bit with Photoshop.

Bergwelt-studie-2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 511K
    Post edited by Khoe on
  • ProPoseProPose Posts: 520

Totally Awesome.  Tutorial???

ProPose said:

Sorry i have no Tutorial. wat is your interestet? the Trees or the Cload or?? 

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,083

Beautiful image, Khoe.  Perhaps a short description of your workflow?  Do you start with the sky and clouds and work forward?  Or start with the foreground and move back?  Are the clouds volumetric?  Are we seeing atmospheric haze in the distance, or did you get the effect with a cloud or fog, or...?  Is it rendered all at one go, or did you render the distant first and then place that in the scene backdrop channel?  Are you using depth of field, and if so how?  Much more could be asked.

That is a lot, and I don't expect a tutorial, or even any tips.  Just expressing admiration and general interest in how you do what you do.

Great stuff.

my Workflow.
    i start in front make a Terain. next make my trees next stepp Terains middel  an back Mountens. mak the Instanse vor the trees  in this image 100 000 , make fin tuning foreground the gras and wood. Last stepp clouds this are volumetric in 50 instanses look at Dartanbeck Woodlands.
    last make Haze wis clouds ans the Light. Rendering sharpnes only 75% the plants looks better.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-05-05 um 13.58.51.png
    2065 x 1178 - 2M
    edited May 2022

Khoe said:

ProPose said:

Sorry i have no Tutorial. wat is your interestet? the Trees or the Cload or?? 

Just a general work flow, The clouds I understand (HDRI?), the trees I understand, the terrain?, the foreground vegitation.  The use of replicators. Fog, but also important are the shaders.  I'm just totally inpressed with you work, and I'm equally greatfull that you share your images that demonstrates the possibilities with Carrara.  If I had a decent printer,  I  would hang your images on my wall

Post edited by ProPose on

I should have scrolled down a bit more before posting, cause I see youve done that.  Thanks for the tips

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,804

Khoe said:

Trees, clouds, etc. all made in Carrara. only the grasses were imported. At the end it was reworked a bit with Photoshop.

great render and postwork .. thanks for explaining with your workflow .. awesome stuff love seeing your work yes 

ProPose said:

I should have scrolled down a bit more before posting, cause I see youve done that.  Thanks for the tips

with the sheders I can say that I make them all about 30-50% darker than they normally are, so I can then set the light to be more luminous and also change the light color better. when rendering, I leave the skylight completely off, the light setting in the scene specifications is only 8%, everything is only illuminated by the distance light, but that has 440% and shadow strength 75%, just play with the settings. with a lot of sheders you have to multiply the color by 50% gray but you can also influence the colors or create color stains. please excuse my bad english including 2 screenshots of color settings.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-05-06 um 09.51.22.jpg
    1629 x 1629 - 299K

Dein Englisch ist besser als mein Deutsch, Danke

Khoe - Thank you for these helpful replies.  

ProPose said:

Dein Englisch ist besser als mein Deutsch, Danke

Ha Ha dann haben wir uns auch noch Umsonst abgemüht.
    Ha Ha then we have also struggled in vain.

Khoe said:

love it heart 

another silly music video using royalty free music

VWD cloth, Carrara render engine

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226

quick test on some post effects embedded in carrara

• ringo monfortringo monfort Posts: 945
    edited May 2022

A Carrara Scene file

A Carrara Scene file, render in a new light!

cornet-Camera crop.jpg
    1350 x 818 - 243K
    Post edited by ringo monfort on
  • ringo monfortringo monfort Posts: 945
    edited May 2022

A Carrara Scene file, render in a new light!

Post edited by ringo monfort on
  • GrimmvaldGrimmvald Posts: 65

My first renders in Carrara in about 12 years.  Thank you to those who helped me get off dead-center.  V4.2 with Amy texture, Carrara 8.1.something.

I have the V4.2 shoulder fix but I don't think it is installed in the right place.

I have a lot of work ahead of me but it's fun to make some pictures.

Carrara projects_0000_pp-studio.jpeg
    2560 x 1920 - 1M
    Carrara projects_0001 1_pp-studio.jpeg
    2560 x 1920 - 873K

Ringo - a classic scene!  Great to see you posting again.

Grimmvald - wow, 12 years.  I've only been using Carrara for 6 years.  Happy to see you posting, and such an elegant render.

If the V4 shoulder fix you are referring to is from Rendo, you have to activate the morph after installation.  The directions are in the pdf that comes with the product.

Hope you both stick around. yes

UnifiedBrain said:

Ringo - a classic scene!  Great to see you posting again.

Grimmvald - wow, 12 years.  I've only been using Carrara for 6 years.  Happy to see you posting, and such an elegant render.

If the V4 shoulder fix you are referring to is from Rendo, you have to activate the morph after installation.  The directions are in the pdf that comes with the product.

Hope you both stick around. yes

+1

For the Daz+ 'Things on Fire' challenge.

I call it The Fire From Which it Came 

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,804

Diomede said:

For the Daz+ 'Things on Fire' challenge.

I call it The Fire From Which it Came 

hot render... yes

but I not know of this thing you call 'Things on Fire'

I must visit the Daz+ board more often before it runs out cool 

edited May 2022

Thanks.

For PC Club or Daz+ or whatever they are calling it now, there is a challenge each month that is easy to enter because there is no specific content requirement.  I've been entering about half of the recent months.  May is here if you are a member, but it is obviously running out quickly.  https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/566116/the-may-2022-render-challenge-things-on-fire/p1

They also have two-week challenges that require use of specific Daz+ content.  Exceedingly rare that I enter those, but they do include freebies as qualifiers.  

There are prizes or rewards or participation trophies or whatever the appropriate term would be.

Post edited by Diomede on
    edited June 2022

new tree planting campaign. Lots of grass and flowers installed. Designed new trees. I think it was worth it though. Carrara is just fun.

alpenaussicht.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 511K
    Post edited by Khoe on

ah yes, I see that it is probably less of interest to post pictures here at the moment. it is summer time.  :)  see you winter .) Hi Hi Hi

Khoe, for a lot of members of this forum, it IS winter.  Think Australia, for instance.

As for your render, it looks great.  But you could be the reincarnation of Frank Frazetta, and still not get comments here. :)  It is what it is.  For example, Stezza generates one amazing model after another.  Sometimes it gets a tiring repeating "awesome" over and over, even though his work deserves it.

The trees you designed are excellent, definitely worth the effort.  And I agree with you. Carrara is fun!

Hope that you consider entering a Carrara Challenge, or at least voting in one.  And please keep sharing your art.  Really good stuff.

your stuff looks awesome, I run out of adjectives blush doesn't mean I don't appreciate everyone's renders, Forum needs a "like" button