Carrara Community Art Gallery - Show us your Renders!!!

Comments

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,927
    edited January 2022

@Khoe More brilliance - terrific depth and that creature is really quite scary - the dragonflies (?) are they Rdna scatters (old product in the store) or something distributed? or added in post?

They really add an extra something

Post edited by Headwax on
  • KhoeKhoe Posts: 293

Headwax said:

@Khoe More brilliance - terrific depth and that creature is really quite scary - the dragonflies (?) are they Rdna scatters (old product in the store) or something distributed? or added in post?

the insects are homemade with Monster Mash very easy to use. then distributed over a terrain with a replicator. really very easy :) Thanks for the words of praise :) the light settings are very important for the clarity of the picture because i have experimented with it for a long time.  

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,927

Khoe said:

Headwax said:

the insects are homemade with Monster Mash very easy to use. then distributed over a terrain with a replicator. really very easy :) Thanks for the words of praise :) the light settings are very important for the clarity of the picture because i have experimented with it for a long time.  

Thanks for those clues, much appreciated. Yes the light settings youve done a terrific job. Focuses the attention just down the right path. Cheers from Oz!

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Khoe said:

a new image fom my frind Spino - Saurus. 

Another moody and interesting render!  Very well done.  I believe that you have mastered the technique of "murky forest." :)

Have you considered entering the Carrara Challenge?  The topic is Iconic Movie Scenes.  Plenty there for you to work with.

UnifiedBrain said:

Khoe said:

Another moody and interesting render!  Very well done.  I believe that you have mastered the technique of "murky forest." :)

Have you considered entering the Carrara Challenge?  The topic is Iconic Movie Scenes.  Plenty there for you to work with.

thank you for the praise. I am very happy if you like the pictures. no, I haven't heard about the Carrara Challenge yet. Unfortunately, my English is too bad to understand all of the texts correctly. I try to read my way there when the opportunity presents itself. maybe I can still try something. Animation with my renderings could be tricky, they are very computationally intensive. I'm not very good at making animation either. but who knows if I will learn it after all :)

thank you for the praise. I am very happy if you like the pictures. no, I haven't heard about the Carrara Challenge yet. Unfortunately, my English is too bad to understand all of the texts correctly. I try to read my way there when the opportunity presents itself. maybe I can still try something. Animation with my renderings could be tricky, they are very computationally intensive. I'm not very good at making animation either. but who knows if I will learn it after all :)

Ah, the language thing. :)  I understand.  If you change your mind, the Challenge thread is here.  It is basically an art contest we do on the Carrara forum 6-8 times per year.  There are prizes (Daz products).  Philemo is the host this time, and English is not his primary language either.  Over the years, many have entered who do not speak much English.  Fortunately, art transcends language.

To be clear. animation is not required in the Challenge.  The theme of this particular Challenge is a classic movie scene, and that is usually done with a single render, and not an animation.

I hope this translates for you OK.

UnifiedBrain said:

Ah, the language thing. :)  I understand.  If you change your mind, the Challenge thread is here.  It is basically an art contest we do on the Carrara forum 6-8 times per year.  There are prizes (Daz products).  Philemo is the host this time, and English is not his primary language either.  Over the years, many have entered who do not speak much English.  Fortunately, art transcends language.

To be clear. animation is not required in the Challenge.  The theme of this particular Challenge is a classic movie scene, and that is usually done with a single render, and not an animation.

I understand. I can choose a scene from a movie and then recreate it with Carrara. For example, when it comes to dinosaurs, a scene from Jurassic park would work. I can certainly get more info in the thread. I am considering it. it is certainly interesting.

edited January 2022

pleas Delete this Post!

Post edited by Khoe on

Khoe said:

UnifiedBrain said:

I understand. I can choose a scene from a movie and then recreate it with Carrara. For example, when it comes to dinosaurs, a scene from Jurassic park would work. I can certainly get more info in the thread. I am considering it. it is certainly interesting.

Yes, that is the idea.  A scene from Jurassic Park will work very well.

Side note - at this moment, the forum will not allow images to post.  It could change soon, or last all day.

edited January 2022

And To All A Good Night

I entered this in the Rendo Christmas contest.  It didn't win, which I understand.  There were several nice renders.  However, the winners weren't anywhere near the top of my list.  I won't be entering any future Rendo contests, as voters there seem to be looking for realism done poorly (IMO).

And To All A Good Night 1.png
    1900 x 1267 - 4M
    Post edited by UnifiedBrain on
  • ProPoseProPose Posts: 520

Looks like a christmas card i'd buy.  Great work

UnifiedBrain said:

And To All A Good Night

I entered this in the Rendo Christmas contest.  It didn't win, which I understand.  There were several nice renders.  However, the winners weren't anywhere near the top of my list.  I won't be entering any future Rendo contests, as voters there seem to be looking for realism done poorly (IMO).

nice Work. :)

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086

Khoe said:

I love the vibrancy of this.  Well done.

UnifiedBrain said:

And To All A Good Night

Great work.  Energetic composition.  Beautiful image.

ProPose, Khoe, and Diomede - thanks!

As usual, there was no postwork.  Carrara is amazing, and with the added free plugins it is marvel.

•  

Aiko 3 carrara rendered.

• Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,198

Khoe - that dinosaur image is fantastic! I love the use of colour to really make the foreground and the action stand out. Also those fireflies are brilliantly done. Great work.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,819

Khoe said:

great image yes

I like the jungle product, is it available at Daz I don't recall to of seen it before and wouldn't mind it in my Runtime, is it heavy on resources? .. awesome smiley

Stezza said:

Khoe said:

great image yes

I like the jungle product, is it available at Daz I don't recall to of seen it before and wouldn't mind it in my Runtime, is it heavy on resources? .. awesome smiley

Most plants are made in Carrara. some are from Daz (Mesozoic Plants) Weed was loaded from cgtrader.com. and paint a lot in Carrara's 3d Paint. The origin was the Plant Pack from Dartanbeck. From this I developed more and more new plants. Eventually it was the jungle :). work ist step by step

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226

great illustration Khoe yes,

another quick try to emphasize both carrara and 3delight "shininess": scene assembled and adjusted in carrara with ease, enlighted and rendered in daz studio with the fast 3delight engine (less than 1 minute/frame)

Xervious said:

Aiko 3 carrara rendered.

Love Aiko 3 and the anime look.  Did you use YAToon?  Looks good.

magaremoto said:

another quick try to emphasize both carrara and 3delight "shininess": scene assembled and adjusted in carrara with ease, enlighted and rendered in daz studio with the fast 3delight engine (less than 1 minute/frame)

Wow, I am so impressed with the size of the scene being walked-through.  How many total figures?  It would take me a month to render that walk-through, I think.  

Thanks for posting your tests.  I know you said you were testing shininess, but I found myself focusing on the different hair props used in the scene.  Very interesting.

•  

I use default carrara render for these.

Xervious said:

I use default carrara render for these.

Nice Work :)

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226
    edited January 2022

Diomede said:

magaremoto said:

Wow, I am so impressed with the size of the scene being walked-through.  How many total figures?  It would take me a month to render that walk-through, I think.  

Thanks for posting your tests.  I know you said you were testing shininess, but I found myself focusing on the different hair props used in the scene.  Very interesting.

thx,

actually I've been using 9 sets divided in blocks of 3 and a dozen of scanned human figures replicated in each set and saved as blocks as well; this let me allow to render 3 sets with 3 blocks of figures easily in 3delight once converted in dae format and loaded when needed. Carrara shines when you need to handle a lot of meshes, to assemble and modify them quickly and easily, camera movement and the shader room are very effective to me. 3delight shines essentially for its speed and lighting set up. It would be great if it had filters and visual fx like carrara but I'm going to try if they can render with no visible difference so as to switch between one another

Post edited by magaremoto on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,912
    edited January 2022

strangely, I can sometimes render more complex scenes faster on my Win7 with Carrara native engine than I can on my Win11 Octane render

m169.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 291K
    mullberry0133.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 551K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited January 2022

Aiko 3 Carrara Octane 4 layer shadowcatch plane Dance Party

(one layer Particle Illusion so cheated a tad)

combined in Blender Video Editor

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • I consider Jill Sakurai Kawanishi my OC I have renders of her since 2006  Based on Aiko 3, the character brings enigma.

•  

Jill is also the company image mascot.

video

Octane render, stardust particles postworked