Carrara Community Art Gallery - Show us your Renders!!!

Comments

• Hatsune MikuHatsune Miku Posts: 849
    edited March 2021

Matrix is everywhere:

Aiko 3 Carrara texturized and rendered

Post edited by Hatsune Miku on
  • VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235
    edited March 2021

Was playing around with the temple set, here is the results.

First is the native render, no postwork. Second is Octane, no postwork.

Click the picture for the full size.

Angkor01.jpg
    2000 x 1374 - 3M
    Angkor02.jpg
    2000 x 1374 - 3M
    Post edited by Vyusur on
  • UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Nice render, 3dcgx!  I particularly like the color choices and background.  Plus, it is always great to see Aiko 3.  I assume that she has a pistol in her right hand (like in the left hand), but it is a bit unclear.  Both are kind of hard to see.

Vyusur, both of those renders look significantly better than the renders on the actual product page.  You should get hired to do promotional renders. :)

UnifiedBrain said:

Vyusur, both of those renders look significantly better than the renders on the actual product page.  You should get hired to do promotional renders. :)

Thank you very much, but I prefer to render for my own purposes.smiley

• mschackmschack Posts: 337
    edited March 2021

Glass girl.

In the second image I used the same irradiance map as the glass figure and got the cool twinkly effect.  Actually I forgot to turn it off lol.

Doc26.png
    900 x 1102 - 396K
    Doc27.png
    900 x 1102 - 652K
    Post edited by mschack on
  • Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,198

@Vyusur - Lovely work on the Temple set. I prefer the octane render, but only just - so credit to you as Octane is the better render engine, and you got the two images real close in quality.

I liked the Carrara one better, not sure why.  Perhaps the colours are a little more muted in the Cararra render and seems more realistic.  Otherwise Scififunk is right, there isn't much to choose between them.

• ProPoseProPose Posts: 520

A Work in Progress....VillageBedroomPs...by Soulless Empathy.  Ambiant = 0,  Gamma 2.2,  Realistic Sky. G.I. Sky Light 100%, Indirect Light 250%.  Lighting Quality set to Excellent.  Critique welcome please

VB1.jpg
    1600 x 800 - 581K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,938

mschack said:

I liked the Carrara one better, not sure why.  Perhaps the colours are a little more muted in the Cararra render and seems more realistic.  Otherwise Scififunk is right, there isn't much to choose between them.

yes nothing postwork couldn't achieve if one prefered one over the other

I often use Carrara native myself as well as Octane because there are some things an unbiased render engine cannot do

as for speed I can actually render some stuff faster in Carrara native without Octane emitter noise, both are useful

ProPose said:

A Work in Progress....VillageBedroomPs...by Soulless Empathy.  Ambiant = 0,  Gamma 2.2,  Realistic Sky. G.I. Sky Light 100%, Indirect Light 250%.  Lighting Quality set to Excellent.  Critique welcome please

other than no cat alsleep on the sunny bit of the bed it looks great yes 

edited March 2021

ProPose said:

That is excellent!  Try shining a spot through the window and enabling the light cone effect. (Enable 3d Shadows)

Post edited by mschack on
  • ProPoseProPose Posts: 520

I've added a Volumetric Cloud as per Phil's Realism Rendering Tutorial.  It's a bit too strong so adjustment is needed

VB2.jpg
    1600 x 800 - 529K
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086

Beautiful room, ProProse.  The volumetric cloud adds a lot.

Fascinating shader choice for glass girl, mschack.  I love happy accidents like your forgetting to turn off irradiance map.  Wonderful result.

Enjoyed the temple set renders, Vyusur.  There are elements of each that I prefer.  For example, I like the front left foreground shadows of the first but the light and shadows on the door in the second.  Both are amazing.  One minor quibble.  Where is nearly naked vickie and her sword?  Temples are supposed to be NVIATWAS.  devil

3dcgx, you have mastered the stylistic renders.  Terrific use of the older figures.  Really brings A3 to life.  I take it you didn't flatten this one first.  

Sorry for not going back to earlier pages.  Keep up the great work everyone.

• Hatsune MikuHatsune Miku Posts: 849
    edited March 2021

Aiko 3 Ninja

rendered in carrara

Retexture in carrara

Post edited by Hatsune Miku on
    edited March 2021
    Doc2.png
    1300 x 1300 - 1M
    Post edited by Vyusur on

oooooh coool yesheart

Thanks, I'm glad that you like itsmiley

Carrara Fur,

a background from another software with Shadowcatch

mo landscapy things...

Doc8.png
    1600 x 800 - 764K
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,249

Stezza said:

I was thinking of doing a LoRenzo Ming but thought it may be too tricky .. hmmm

anyways, I posted my wacky Goofy to the Daz Gallery and now he's surrounded by a heap of female Genesis 8 images lol

I bet Goofy likes that though! :)

Sci Fi Funk said:

@Vyusur - Lovely work on the Temple set. I prefer the octane render, but only just - so credit to you as Octane is the better render engine, and you got the two images real close in quality.

Agreed. Really nice renders - both of them! I agree that Carrara has the ability to really crank out some delicious renders!

ProPose said:

I've added a Volumetric Cloud as per Phil's Realism Rendering Tutorial.  It's a bit too strong so adjustment is needed

By "too strong", do you mean the actual light onto scene objects? Because I don't think the volumetric lighting is too strong - looks awesome!

To tweak the actual illuminating light issue, I create a duplicate of the light-casting light and add volumetrics to that duplicate only. That way I can control the light from the two. First set the volumetric one with the other turned off completely, then bring up the original light just enough to enhance. If the volumetric one is too strong, turn the actual lighting way down and the lens cone effect up more.

I like it. Very nicely done!

Oh... I should have read it more carefully - you're using a volumetric cloud! My bad!

Nice job on that fur, Wendy! Very nice!

Diomede, I like what you did with that wolf too! Very cool Carrara hair stuff!!!

3dcgx, very cool Aiko hero!

Vyusur, did you say Original Figure? So cool!!! Love it, even though it scares the crap out of me!!! LOL

mschack said:

mo landscapy things...

Very nice!

• WandererWanderer Posts: 957

Diomede said:

Hope you get it all sorted out quickly.

I did a quick scifi scene to test one of the HDRs that comes with an Iray product.  HDR by Kindred Arts and spaceship by Petipet.  I changed all the spaceship shaders and also inserted 3-point lighting at half strength.

Iray Outerspace by Kindred Arts  https://www.daz3d.com/iray-outer-space

Starship Cyclone by Petipet  https://www.daz3d.com/starship-cyclone

@Diomede -- Nice image. I like it. Was thinking about this set, but wasn't sure if it was worth it. Reminds me a little of the experiments I was doing back when, but with a clever workaround for the atmostphere issues. I really like KindredArts stuff.

Carrara native rendersheart

done in my bedroom on Win7

because neighbours too noisy by lounge where my Octane/Nvidia card rig is devil

• Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,198

@Diomede I like the render of that ship. esp. the lit up cabin. 

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086

@Wanderer and @SciFiFunk, thanks for the kind comments.  I definitely struggle with darkness, and that spaceship scene was no exception.  How to preserve the feeling of the darkness of space yet still see the interesting bits of a space image?  Kindred Arts makes great HDR lighting products and I'd very much like to adapt them for use in Carrara.  I needed an HDR or similar environment for the reflections of the metallic shaders I applied to Pettipet's model.    

Wanderer, great to see you posting again.  Hope it means you have time for more of your experiments.  Enjoyed following your thread.  Will head over to the Art Studio Forum shortly.