Carrara Community Art Gallery - Show us your Renders!!!

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,930
    edited January 2021

Carrara native render

mostly anything glows lights

9 of them

but bounding box, object glow, shadowbuffer

and one ring shaped light

the transmapped fusion "particles" (rotatable mesh lump of shapes) would have taken eternity to render

so I replaced them with actual Carrara metaball particles whih were much faster and cooler

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • M. CodyM. Cody Posts: 0
    edited January 2021

Probably the final version of this scene. I'd been hoping to get the lighting a little better, but because of all the trees and such, sky light and indirect lighting was taking a ridiculously long time to render on my quad core system (hoping to upgrade to a Ryzen 3950 XT soon.) No postwork other than slight bit of sharpening and a vignette around the edge.

Post edited by Chohole on

free Smithsonian model

flyaround

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,823

yes nice job Wendy... smiley

• Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,198
    edited February 2021

@magaremoto That last test of Howies scenes you did, the one with the side on version of the girl works really well. Congrats!

Also the one by the lake with the side on man and AO turned up is another winner!

Post edited by Sci Fi Funk on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,248

Fantastic work, All!!! Loving these renders!

Headwax, those composited images are Awesome! Very well done!

Magaremoto, Three HW scenes in one scene? Yikes! I'm loving your research. Your images always drive me!

Firelight, Firelight? The Firelight? Hi! I'm Dartanbeck. Love that image! That Daz 3D logo on the side looks FanTastic! Hey, if I could get a copy of that History of Carrara from you, I'd really appreciate it! I miss it not being up anymore. Could I post it for nostalgia sake?

Diomede, Rock On! Cool renders!

Wendy, Awesome stuff, Girl! I love that Smithsonian piece! Thanks again for turning me on to that link!!! :) Love that interior scene on the previous page as well!

M.Cody, Oh my! A human child in an Elven sanctuary? Darn Unicorns will never learn!!! Great image!

I can't comment on everything today, but I'm really loving all of these great renders and ideas! Keep up the excellent work everyone!

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226

Sci Fi Funk said:

@magaremoto That last test of Howies scenes you did, the one with the side on version of the girl works really well. Congrats!

Also the one by the lake with the side on man and AO turned up is another winner!

thx sci fi funk, tryng to get the most by using AO and irradiance map caching; thx for your tuts too

keep up the good work

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226
    edited February 2021

thx DB, with a lot of ram and maybe a good mobo you can easily load scenes like maple meadows, stoney creek and valle alpina all together as in my test. Carrara never disappoint you if you treat it well :)

please in your pipeline consider to use 3delight too, its renders can turn out similar to carrara native but with DS power tools. By the way, it's me or DS 4.15 exports fbx into carrara perfectly?

2 carrara-like 3delight renders attached

0.jpg
    1440 x 524 - 759K
    2.jpg
    1440 x 810 - 1012K
    Post edited by magaremoto on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

playing with haunted mansion

haunted mansion def mats.png
    1280 x 519 - 1M

magaremoto said:

thx DB, with a lot of ram and maybe a good mobo you can easily load scenes like maple meadows, stoney creek and valle alpina all together as in my test. Carrara never disappoint you if you treat it well :)

please in your pipeline consider to use 3delight too, its renders can turn out similar to carrara native but with DS power tools. By the way, it's me or DS 4.15 exports fbx into carrara perfectly?

Thanks Man! I'll try that after work!!! Both of them!

Awesome renders! yes

Mystiarra said:

Very Nice! It's been a while since I went into that amazing place!

Dartanbeck said:

Mystiarra said:

Very Nice! It's been a while since I went into that amazing place!

i'm hearing munsters theme song LOL 

• Hi everyone, love seeing the things other people create with this program, keep it up. I couldn't exactly remember my lighting set up for my previous render and couldn't find the car file but I did still have the obj models I used so I tried to recreate it, it is a little different but it is also a lot simpler lighting set up.  A hdri, one distant and seven spots. Global illumination and full indirect switched on. A few mistakes in this render but I only noticed them after I did the final and after two hours of waiting for it to finish I let them go, it is only a re hash to try and get the effect againsmiley

Dartenbeck, thanks for the comments, do you mean some of my earlier youtube videos I did?  I remember you did comment on some of them. smiley

Doc17.jpg
    2160 x 1215 - 2M
  • UE4 Supermarket

Carrara Octane

needed to rename materials because of name truncate issue on save

took a few hours to do the hundreds blush

• Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,198
    edited February 2021

Well done for persisting. I was going to do the same, but have been held up with other 3d issues.

It looks good, but can I make a suggestion? I see there are a ton of spotlights in the model. If they are all set to share the same shader and that is an emitter you'll get a more dynamic lighting look and it won't take much longer to render as they are sharing and it's just effectvely one emitter.

This will be my first attempt at lighting, plus I will look to highlight any signs that might be neon, like the bakery letters with a very low range on the emitter. Although that adds to the emitter load on the scene, the low range will make very little extra work for the render.

p.s. Slightly off topic but having seen what unreal can do with high quality shaders, I'm excited to see how they compare:- Carrara (Octane) vs Unreal (internal shaders). Bring it on!

Post edited by Sci Fi Funk on
  • yeah need to create shading domains for that, I used glow maps,

will take as long again wink

• Just a proof of concept for an idea of an animation I plan to work on.  smiley

Base.jpg
    2160 x 1215 - 2M

Very cool! 

edited February 2021

Anything Glows is growing on me
    with shadow buffer using vertex and object glow color it can render very fast

i animated the flame textures both glow and diffuse too

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

seeing if the gallery links work ... super stuff that!

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202
    edited February 2021

I see the Gallery is Back.

Here is an image I did last year but did not have time to post.

Uses Dart's Badlands and the Light Assault Vehicle which does not work properly in Carrara. The back Ramp will not work. It just deforms the Mesh.

I put the ramp down in Studio then export it and it imports fine with the ramp down.

Love the Red Gas Cans Which Just Say Shoot Me.

Reminds Me of Bouncing around in the back of one of them in Afghanistan in 03.

Post edited by chickenman on

Gallery is back but currently is pretty hard to post an image... I did manage it by having to create a new album as adding to current ones didn't work.

great image @chickenman .. but what is that black bit that stands out in the back of the unit on the rh side.. should it be there?

Biggie smiley

lizard rider V8.1.png
    1280 x 1000 - 976K
    bigge. pcpng.png
    1280 x 969 - 1M

Wendy, that's Awesome!!!

Stezza, Super indeed! Great Render!

Chickman, Excellent! Just don't be around when they shoot those cans!!!

Misty, Adorable!!! :)

edited February 2021

Stezza said:

Gallery is back but currently is pretty hard to post an image... I did manage it by having to create a new album as adding to current ones didn't work.

great image @chickenman .. but what is that black bit that stands out in the back of the unit on the rh side.. should it be there?

The interior light in the LAV, the headlights, and also the Thermal sensors on the posts are all like that. 
    The glass shaders from IRAY didn't convert properly at this angle, if I changed the angle it was fine.
    So I was looking at changing it to Carrara glass shader and adjusting the color to meet.
    Just have not had time to do that yet.
    Post edited by chickenman on

Dartanbeck said:

Wendy, that's Awesome!!!

Stezza, Super indeed! Great Render!

Chickman, Excellent! Just don't be around when they shoot those cans!!!

Misty, Adorable!!! :)

Don't worry about the noise from the 25 MM cannons there is already som much noise going on that you are deafend if you dont have earplugs in already.

But it is only a temorary loss, But to many times and it be comes perminant.

edited February 2021

working on haunted mansion shader sets to try submitting to pc club.  want to open the door for new carrara content in the pc club.  frreebie of the week or something.

Post edited by Mistara on
  • the first one is Carrara

others DAZ studio and iClone6

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086
    edited February 2021

Early WIP for kitbashing Ming the Merciless.

The Daz G2M figure with a mixture of Lee 6, Michael 6, The Wizard, and Emaciated full body morphs.

Carrara hair applied directly to model to get the facial hair.

I read that the 80s version of Flash Gordon was getting a 'potentially offensive' warning because of Ming.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-55409194

Ming the Merciless WIP.jpg
    632 x 800 - 26K
    Post edited by Diomede on