Carrara Community Art Gallery - Show us your Renders!!!

Comments

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,677

chickenman said:

I see the Gallery is Back.

Here is an image I did last year but did not have time to post.

Uses Dart's Badlands and the Light Assault Vehicle which does not work properly in Carrara. The back Ramp will not work. It just deforms the Mesh.

I put the ramp down in Studio then export it and it imports fine with the ramp down.

Love the Red Gas Cans Which Just Say Shoot Me.

Reminds Me of Bouncing around in the back of one of them in Afghanistan in 03.

This is easily one of the best Carrara renders I've seen. Excellent work!

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202
    edited February 2021

Torquinox said:

chickenman said:

I see the Gallery is Back.

Here is an image I did last year but did not have time to post.

Uses Dart's Badlands and the Light Assault Vehicle which does not work properly in Carrara. The back Ramp will not work. It just deforms the Mesh.

I put the ramp down in Studio then export it and it imports fine with the ramp down.

Love the Red Gas Cans Which Just Say Shoot Me.

Reminds Me of Bouncing around in the back of one of them in Afghanistan in 03.

This is easily one of the best Carrara renders I've seen. Excellent work!

Thank you.

Alot of the compliment goes to @Dartanbeck for his superb scenery and to @DarkEdgeDesign who created the LAV. Not to Mention @Philemo  IRAY Material Importer.

The LAV can't be opened up in Carrara as it will crash with an DSF error. I had to open it up in DAZ Studio then export as an OBJ and found out that the Back ramp will not open in Carrara but all of the other controls work.

So I had a few OBJ exports to get the different ramp positions I needed.

The rest was just positioning to hav ethe picture as part of a story.

I intend on trying to animate it in Carrara now to see how that goes.

Currently have an animation rendering which indicates another 65 hours for rendering. It is a Chinook Helicopter comming in to land. it is the Motion Blur that is taking it so long as I had to ramp up the extra frams for the motion blur to 10 to see how that works out as with the default 2 id looked bad.

Post edited by chickenman on
  • TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,677

Yes, credit to Dart, DarkEdge and Philemo. I completely agree! But they did not give your scene its cinematic finish. You did. I read about the ramp problem. Glad you solved it. Cheers to all and I look forward to seeing your animation.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,248

WendyLuvsCatz said:

the first one is Carrara

others DAZ studio and iClone6

Very Cool, Wendy!!!

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,248

Diomede said:

Early WIP for kitbashing Ming the Merciless.

The Daz G2M figure with a mixture of Lee 6, Michael 6, The Wizard, and Emaciated full body morphs.

Carrara hair applied directly to model to get the facial hair.

I read that the 80s version of Flash Gordon was getting a 'potentially offensive' warning because of Ming.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-55409194

Awesome! Looks great!

I'm just about done watching the first season again. I love those old Flash Gordon serials!

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited February 2021

kewl fireball.   dragon breath.

playing the pbr plugin

@Diomede kewl Ming

Post edited by Mistara on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086
    edited February 2021

Chickenman, that tank scene is one of the best I've seen.  Bravo.

Misty, that PBR plugin holds a lot of promise, thanks for showing it off.

Dart and Misty, thanks for the comments on Ming.

Gray Wolf 8  https://www.daz3d.com/grey-wolf-for-daz-dog-8

I played a little with Dog 8 in Carrara.  I had to convert it to blended to get the model to follow the rigging, but it loads fine.  This is the 'Gray Wolf' breed character.  I created some Carrara hair.and used a base pose for dog 8.  I think this wolf came out OK.  I made the fur using a single hair object for the entire coat.  I think it might be better to create separate hair for the main coat, the legs, and the tail.  Maybe not.  Worth experimenting.

Dog 8 Blended with Carrara Hair.jpg
    800 x 600 - 32K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,823

I was thinking of doing a LoRenzo Ming but thought it may be too tricky .. hmmm

anyways, I posted my wacky Goofy to the Daz Gallery and now he's surrounded by a heap of female Genesis 8 images lol

• just glow compared to Anything Glows

Glow illuminates if you crank it up using a multiply Operator 0-1000 with the colour

but

Anything Glows is better just twiddly

53 objects to give unique names, took an hour just renaming stuff to match the object in the lights

i forgot about the anything glows naming thing.  render looks artsy.

Stezza said:

anyways, I posted my wacky Goofy to the Daz Gallery and now he's surrounded by a heap of female Genesis 8 images lol

goofy heart

he was in Kingdom Hearts. 

• Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,198

@Stezza Great concept and a wonderful render.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,929
    edited February 2021

more video fun with Anything Glows Lights

some things work better than others

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • mschackmschack Posts: 337
    edited February 2021

The wonder of fog and lens flares.  Needs birds...

Doc2.png
    1600 x 851 - 1M
    Post edited by mschack on
  • that is Lovely mschack heart

• video

French Quarter Carrara Octane plugin

WendyLuvsCatz said:

that is Lovely mschack heart

Thanks Wendy!

That model is really detailed.  How long did that render take?

• mschack said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

that is Lovely mschack heart

Thanks Wendy!

That model is really detailed.  How long did that render take?

7 hours I think

I only did 10 samples a frame though 

Is it possible/allowed to share .car files?  Was going to post the low poly bird I made.

LS with bird.png
    1600 x 851 - 1M
  • mschack said:

Is it possible/allowed to share .car files?  Was going to post the low poly bird I made.

zip it up

as long as no mesh or textures belonging to someone other than yourself 

edited February 2021

Yeah it is pretty simple, just a few shading domains with basic procedural colours.  Only 66 polys.

Good for distant flying birds i suppose.

zip
    zip
    Bird Flying.zip
    bird.PNG
    849 x 517 - 109K
    Post edited by mschack on
  • Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,198

@mschack That woodland is a great image. You've got the haze and z-planes working together really well.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086

Thank you for the model, @mschack.  Much appreciated.

I have a sharecg account with some models.  There is a mixture of items for Carrara or for Daz Studio.  The second page has plants for Carrara.  https://sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=diomede

You're welcome Diomede.  Was thinking about making a low poly model thread.  Not sure how that would go over.  Would be nice to have a place to look for little bits and bobs.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,929

yes show us your bits and bobs yes

mschack said:

You're welcome Diomede.  Was thinking about making a low poly model thread.  Not sure how that would go over.  Would be nice to have a place to look for little bits and bobs.

you could always put them in the Wacky Modeling Thread ... there's already heaps of wacky stuff there  wink

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Stezza said:

There have been several great renders posted in this thread recently.  It probably isn't fair to single any of them out.  But to me, this one is extra-terrific.

Well done, Stezza.

edited March 2021

UnifiedBrain said:

Stezza said:

There have been several great renders posted in this thread recently.  It probably isn't fair to single any of them out.  But to me, this one is extra-terrific.

Well done, Stezza.

Carrara is ebarrasing really, but thanks @UnifiedBrain smiley

where it takes other software hours to days to render something like this I have to admit it was just a test render with Howie's set and took all of about 3 minutes to render.. the whole scene was done and dusted in less than 10 minutes .... embarassing hey... just like my spelling laugh 

Carrara ROCKS!

Post edited by Stezza on
  • UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Well, I wasn't even thinking about how long it took, just the terrific result.

But I also know that modeling Goofy took a lot longer than ten minutes. smiley

I knew it was a Howie set, because you said so on the gallery page.  To me, that made it even more impressive from a Carrara point of view..  At first glance, I thought it was an HDRI.

• Final  version

(a bit lighter than the previous to be found here) Click for the bigger picture...