Decided on two 2080 Ti's, But Problem Finding Case

13»

Comments

• NotAnArtistNotAnArtist Posts: 374
    edited August 2020

The case is just coming out and the GN review seems solid. At $100 I'd consider it too. If you can get it go for it. $80 is $80.

Right! And if I find it's not quite adequate for my needs when I deal with the upcoming 30xx cards, it'll be easier on my wallet to replace it if necessary. I'll add a couple of fans to the front right away, though, of course.
    My intention right now is to simply move my current machine's 1060 to the new machine and resume rendering like that for a short while. This poor old thing gets hot with iray, and it's not wise to push it like that.
    Thanks for commenting. I value your input. It helps me feel a bit more confident about this.
    Cheers!
    Ken
    PS- Oh, with a 1060, I doubt if I'll need more fans :-)

Post edited by NotAnArtist on
  • kenshaw011267kenshaw011267 Posts: 3,805

Only 1 fan in teh front? I'm less thrilled. I remember that GN review now. Sure get a couple of good fans and you're set but that's $20 to $30 added to the cost.

• Only 1 fan in teh front? I'm less thrilled. I remember that GN review now. Sure get a couple of good fans and you're set but that's $20 to $30 added to the cost.

Sorry, I've been busy watching "How to build a machine" videos... Now I'm scared ;-)
    Also, notices seldom come when there's a new message, probably cuz I use Linux.

My immediate requirement is getting a basic system set up for my 1060. My current system [i5-2500K, 8 GB RAM, 750 Ti, & the 1060 for rendering] is getting increasingly hot when I try to render. Otherwise, it's as cold as it's always been. It's old and my only access to "the world." No cell phone, no TV, radio sucks. Need this machine.

So if the new system, temporarily using the 1060, needs more fans, I'll add them. If it looks like the 30xx's are going to take longer than I want to wait, I could add a cheap 20xx also to get by.

So, 2 bottom lines, I need to protect this faithful old machine before I lose it. And I need to get back to some actual fun with DS.

Yeah, not the perfect case, but it's flexible and this is a good way to learn, step-by-step, at a casual pace. Thanks again for your input!!!
    Take care,
    -Ken

• kenshaw011267kenshaw011267 Posts: 3,805

ok, get the case and be careful.