[Released] ManFriday's Mesh Grabber [Commercial]

Comments

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

Mesh grabber is amazing. I wanted such a tool for *so* long. :D

Is there a way to see and reverse changes that were made this way? I just fixed a poke-through problem, but I can't see a way to easily revert the fix.

On another note I hope you will include rotating and resizing in the same tool and won't sell those 3 indivually - that would be cruel.

Right click on the item you've been mesh-grabbing and select the appropriate item from the pop-up menu.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,447
    edited January 2020
    Rev2019 said:

how the hell do i reset this program?

amazing?

no far from it

it doenst have an option to ged rid of the triangle you use when you press stuff

i want an circle not a triangle shape pressure tool.

fall off ratio at 0.5 is still too large for an finger if you want to finger press a skin.

The tool can't add extra resolution to the mesh, it is limited to what is there - and in many places on the hman fgures the emsh is too open to show a finger indent.

Rev2019 said:

and where the hell is the readme?

The read me is http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/65751/start . According to the fle list, there is a PDF manual ncluded in the application folder under /docs/Plugins/Mesh Grabber/ (whch is perhaps not the ideal place, and might be worth opening a ticket over snce it would be, I think, a Daz placement). If you find the product in the Installed tab of DIM then you can right-click and select Show Installed files, then click the link there to open the document.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715
    edited January 2020

Like most folks seem to, I love it.

Don't blame the tool, find out what you don't know - then maybe blame the tool. :)

Scale the falloff area: scroll wheel and holding a key - can't check at the moment.

Select a vertices not a face if you need to select a smaller area; the finger would need to be in the correct place.

I'm not sure I understand: circle not triangle pressure tool?

Post edited by nicstt on
  • junkjunk Posts: 1,302
    edited January 2020
    Rev2019 said:

how the hell do i reset this program?

amazing?

no far from it

it doenst have an option to ged rid of the triangle you use when you press stuff

i want an circle not a triangle shape pressure tool.

fall off ratio at 0.5 is still too large for an finger if you want to finger press a skin.

and where the hell is the readme?

Rev2019 you are correct when you mentioned I spend a lot of time in Photoshop.  It's true but after getting to know Mesh Grabber I am able to fix things in Daz Studio in much less time.  Also it looks more realistic since shadows and such are simulated instead of me trying to emulate them.  I meant it when I said it that I have used it in every single render I have created since purchasing it.  In this latest image I used it probably 12 times in the following areas:

1) Where her legs are crossed they originally just went through each other without shadows.  It looked like a horror movie where two people are melted together.  So I bent the skin of the upper leg upward like a bridge, bent her other legs calf muscle outword toward the camera to be realistic plus it's sexy to me. (Probably 15 minutes total or less just because I was experimenting with looks)

2) Her dress poked through the chair in two places so I pushed them back up and from right to left. (2 minutes or less)

3) Her dress flowed upward unnaturally so I used it to act as gravity and push it back down (2 minutes or less)

4) His suit, John on the right, had so many poke throughs so I fixed them all very quickly (3 minutes or less)

5) Louis in the background also had lots of poke throughs (3 minutes or less)

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/923796

I do absolutely agree that there could be more instructions like a ReadMe file, or a second video that maybe goes into more details.  The product might fit the way I do my work flow in that I save often so a scene might start out as "John and Madeline 1a" but then become "1b", "1c", "2a", etc.  That's how I "undo" a mesh change but is there a way to right click on an object and say  "revert" back to normal mesh?  If so, that would be the way to remove all "Mesh Grabber" influences.

Post edited by junk on
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,830
    edited January 2020

Readme can be found at docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/65751/start

What triangle? Do you mean a polygon in the figure? That shows the selection. If you want a line or a point, you need to use the edge or vertex selection mode (choices at top of mesh grabber tool window pane). If you mean the fall off sphere or the gizmo, each can be hidden on the same pane.

"fall off ratio at 0.5 is still too large for an finger if you want to finger press a skin" - You need to use vertex as selection type. Select one vertex, move it. Attached vertices don't move at 0.5 ratio. Size of hole is based on base resolution of Daz figure so it will be larger than a finger. If you want it a perfect fit, you need to use a sub-D resolution, export and reimport the figure so you have a finer base resolution (of course you now have a fixed pose). 

ETA: I decided to go ahead and render the face poke, now attached

mesh grabber finger press.jpg
    684 x 687 - 195K
    Mesh grabber face poke render.png
    800 x 800 - 870K
    Post edited by RGcincy on
  • LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817

Oh that touch effect is cool!

• ManFridayManFriday Posts: 560

The read me is http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/65751/start . According to the fle list, there is a PDF manual ncluded in the application folder under /docs/Plugins/Mesh Grabber/ (whch is perhaps not the ideal place, and might be worth opening a ticket over snce it would be, I think, a Daz placement). If you find the product in the Installed tab of DIM then you can right-click and select Show Installed files, then click the link there to open the document.

Daz installs all plugin documentation to the C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\docs\Plugins folder, which is where you should be able to find the 8-page PDF I wrote. I'll talk to Daz about how this can be made easier to find because this is clearly the most frequently asked question about each of my plugins.

As far as I can see the only way to get to the plugin documentation from within Daz Studio is to press F1, then select "Plugins" -> "Mesh Grabber" -> "Documentation" on the left. That should open the PDF in your PDF viewer.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,936
    Many vendors include a script in their product to open the PDF document. There is even a sample script showing how to do this. It's the easiest way to make the documentation accessible to users, without them even having to know where the file is located.
    barbult said:
    Many vendors include a script in their product to open the PDF document. There is even a sample script showing how to do this. It's the easiest way to make the documentation accessible to users, without them even having to know where the file is located.

Yes, but I am writing plugins, not scripts. My files do not end up in your content libraries like scripts do.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,936
    ManFriday said:
    barbult said:

Yes, but I am writing plugins, not scripts. My files do not end up in your content libraries like scripts do.

That's a good point! I didn't take that into account.
    barbult said:
    ManFriday said:
    barbult said:

That's a good point! I didn't take that into account.

I'll add more ways to get to the documentation to the plugin code in the future, but that will only affect future plugin updates. Until then it seems that pressing F1 is the easiest solution. 

edited January 2020

I just.... Mash GRABBED it... and .... HOW, could I live without it?!

I gave my Boy a pillow to hug... and assume you would try to do this:

it would be a pain in the boop....

Really... but I just click the pillow move the mesh grabber tool and... LOVE.... ohhhh

THANKS!!

One little problem I sadly here have, I dont know why it happens...

See attachment, the orb is.... far away from the pillow, i was first confused why I cant see it.

Btw. is there a way to disable the orb because... I dont really need it^^, I only need the sliders\Arrows :) and I guess you can size it with ALT? because ALT is for my camera movement.

how.JPG
    1007 x 603 - 57K
    Post edited by Loony on
  • MrDarck said:

See attachment, the orb is.... far away from the pillow, i was first confused why I cant see it.

This is a known issue and could be caused by the origin of the object being off centered.

ManFriday is working on it and will eventually push out an update.

edited January 2020
    MrDarck said:

This is a known issue and could be caused by the origin of the object being off centered.

ManFriday is working on it and will eventually push out an update.

Ohh great!

Just in cause someone wanna see it:

I made a little clip showing how easy it is ^_^

edit... and now I udnerstand for what the white ball is :) it change the impact :D but it is also a bit annoying in the view :/

Post edited by Loony on
    edited January 2020
    MrDarck said:

edit... and now I udnerstand for what the white ball is :) it change the impact :D but it is also a bit annoying in the view :/

You can turn off the display of the sphere in the Tool Settings. There's a checkbox for that. I'm glad you like the tool!

Post edited by ManFriday on
    ManFriday said:
    MrDarck said:

You can turn off the display of the sphere in the Tool Settings. There's a checkbox for that. I'm glad you like the tool!

Really?... I did try to use my eyes but didnt saw it, can you make a little image where? You know from youtueb Arrows + circles are wonderful :D

btw. i love your Lion on the Product images^^...

edited January 2020

Found it, its the "draw Fallof radius" :) instead of draw I wouls more look for a "show" :)

Btw.... is there some kind of... rotation?

See attachment, when I wanna pull that forward and not just push, is there some trick?

rota.JPG
    251 x 191 - 15K
    Post edited by Loony on
  • ImagoImago Posts: 5,058

I just found out that's impossible properly select a precise edge/vertice if they are too close each other. I was trying to select the center vertices of my model and instead the gizmo selected one of the side ones. I retried again, keeping the pointer exactly on the vertice I wanted to choose and ended selecting both the side ones.

There's a way to increase precision? I tried increasing the model's size but at that point the selection is totally crazy.

Only the polygon selection works correctly.

• NathNath Posts: 2,771
    Imago said:

I just found out that's impossible properly select a precise edge/vertice if they are too close each other. I was trying to select the center vertices of my model and instead the gizmo selected one of the side ones. I retried again, keeping the pointer exactly on the vertice I wanted to choose and ended selecting both the side ones.

There's a way to increase precision? I tried increasing the model's size but at that point the selection is totally crazy.

Does it help to use the geometry tool to make your selection and then switch to the mesh grabber?

Nath said:
    Imago said:

Does it help to use the geometry tool to make your selection and then switch to the mesh grabber?

Geometry Editor selects only polygons, can't be used to select vertex or edges.

• NathNath Posts: 2,771
    Imago said:
    Nath said:
    Imago said:

Okay, bad suggestion... 

• Imago said:
    Nath said:
    Imago said:

The Geometry Editor has edge and vertex modes - right-click>Selection Type, as I recall (and there's also an option to covnert the current selection), or there are toggle buttons in the Tool Settings pane.

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,830
    Imago said:

Does your model have a lot of curvature to it? I created a 1 meter plane with 1000 divisions (that means 1 mm squares) and can easily pick out a specific vertex.I do have to zoom in far enough to actually see the vertices to make the choice. For somewhat larger polygons, you can also select a face, then switch to vertex mode and the 4 vertices of the polygon are highlighted. I can then pick one of those (on the 1 mm mesh that didn't help as there was too much overlap of the yellow dots indicting the vertices). But I could see on a tightly curved mesh that the tool might get confused or pick an overlapping part of the mesh.

I have also found that if I choose the wrong vertex, slight mouse movements in the direction of the desired choice, clicking as I go along, will switch to the next vertex. 

Imago said:
    Nath said:
    Imago said:

The Geometry Editor has edge and vertex modes - right-click>Selection Type, as I recall (and there's also an option to covnert the current selection), or there are toggle buttons in the Tool Settings pane.

While that is true, before anyone gets disappointed, the Mesh Grabber can only copy the selections from the Geometry Editor in polygon mode. :-)

Little bug, problem, thing.

CTRl+ + does not work always sometimes it triggers and icnrease my selection, but sometimes I have to rightclick and do it via menue, then maybe it work, after I did it 1-2x via menue.

I am not a coder so I have no idea why he is so... acting :/

only possible with your Mesh grabber, hooking under a diaper to give a look that the diaper get pulled over^^.

Dforce simulation would never make that possible :P

RGcincy said:
    Imago said:

Does your model have a lot of curvature to it? I created a 1 meter plane with 1000 divisions (that means 1 mm squares) and can easily pick out a specific vertex.I do have to zoom in far enough to actually see the vertices to make the choice. For somewhat larger polygons, you can also select a face, then switch to vertex mode and the 4 vertices of the polygon are highlighted. I can then pick one of those (on the 1 mm mesh that didn't help as there was too much overlap of the yellow dots indicting the vertices). But I could see on a tightly curved mesh that the tool might get confused or pick an overlapping part of the mesh.

I have also found that if I choose the wrong vertex, slight mouse movements in the direction of the desired choice, clicking as I go along, will switch to the next vertex. 

The part I was trying to alter has curvature but no overlapping parts. The edges are pretty distant and easily recognizable but even clicking precisely on the one I want the plugin selects one of the edges on the side.

I'll try your "scrolling" method, perhaps is easier deselect wrong ones than selecting right ones!

I think I found the issue: Visual angle.

While trying to select my edges, I tried rotating a bit the point of view and suddenly I managed to select the right one but in the same time some of the ones that were selectable until that moment, aren't selectable any more.
    It would be nice if the Geometry Editor could "transmit" all the selection modes to the Mesh Grabber tool.

Status update:

1) I think I fixed the "origin" problem (gizmo appearing in the middle of nowhere if the currently selected node has an origin defined as visible in the Daz joint editor).

2) I can confirm the problems with vertex selection. The problem only exists with parts of figures that are not in the default pose. So it works perfectly on a plane primitive, as RGCincy reported, and it seems to work on a figure in the default pose. For parts that are not in the default pose, the mesh grabber always selects the first of the three or four vertices that make up the polygon. While it is possible to select any vertex that way, it's not really easy. :-) I haven't figured out why this is happening yet, but I'm not expecting this to be difficult.

3) I added a help button and a help context menu item.

I'll submit an update to Daz with these three things once I have fixed (2). Stay tuned!

ManFriday said:

Status update:

1) I think I fixed the "origin" problem (gizmo appearing in the middle of nowhere if the currently selected node has an origin defined as visible in the Daz joint editor).

2) I can confirm the problems with vertex selection. The problem only exists with parts of figures that are not in the default pose. So it works perfectly on a plane primitive, as RGCincy reported, and it seems to work on a figure in the default pose. For parts that are not in the default pose, the mesh grabber always selects the first of the three or four vertices that make up the polygon. While it is possible to select any vertex that way, it's not really easy. :-) I haven't figured out why this is happening yet, but I'm not expecting this to be difficult.

3) I added a help button and a help context menu item.

I'll submit an update to Daz with these three things once I have fixed (2). Stay tuned!

How does people know theyre conent get updates and... how do you update cntent? i never updated my content in the last 3 months.