CAR AND BIKE LOVERS THREAD - MARK V

Comments

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,183

Actually, I think I'm confusing the work of Tramp Graphics with his.  Probably not close.  But he was in the freebie challenge at some time.

Dana

• hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,025

That's sad news.. To paraphrase Jone Donne "The death of a man, deminishes us all"

edited August 2020

1952 Abarth Bertone Biposto

abarth_1500_biposto_1.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 1M
    abarth_1500_biposto_2.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 1M
    Post edited by hacsart on

That is a cool looking car!  My mind thinks, "Torpedo or submarine!"

Dana

It was a one-off styling exercise, I think only one was made..

edited August 2020

1970 Opel GT:

opel_gt_1970_1.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 1M
    opel_gt_1970_2.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 1M

I remember those!  Nice!

Dana

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,397

Had a girlfriend that had one in yellow and you guessed it she called it Tweety

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    DanaTA said:

Actually, I think I'm confusing the work of Tramp Graphics with his.  Probably not close.  But he was in the freebie challenge at some time.

Dana

Tramp Graphics I am Familiar with. His cartoon monster trucks and his girl "Tommie" were very popular.

edited August 2020
    hacsart said:

That's sad news.. To paraphrase Jone Donne "The death of a man, deminishes us all"

We all had a friend in the freebie challenge I hosted for 7 years that was handicapped. His name was "BWS Man" and he did lots of motorcycles. He would enter the freebie challenge contest almost every month. Everybody loved him. He went to the doctor one day and was told that he had a serious bone cancer in his left leg. He went away for a couple of weeks and they amputated his left leg from the knee down. About two month's later he announced that they found it in his right leg as well, so he had to have his right leg removed from the knee down also. This time he was sending us pics from his hospital bed and had his laptop and could still come into the thread. He left the hospitol and went home and had "jumpers"
     fitted for his legs. Then he kept challenging me to a race...lol. I told him he would probably win with those springs. About two weeks later, his brother came into the thread to tell everybody that BWS Man had died from a sudden heartattack at a bus stop, while on his way to help distribute food goods for the poor. He just dropped dead right there. We were all inshock. Months earlier he was a whole fully healthy person. We all took it very hard. Since I hosted the freebie challenge, I decided to make the next month's subject for renders submited about ' The Handicapped" in his memory. It was a very touching month (I am about to cry now!). Anyway, it always seems to be the good folks who get struck down too soon. The winner of the month's challenge submitted a render of a guy in a wheel chair hanging off the edge of a cliff by one arm, in his chair suspended in the air. It was a fantastic render. Anyway, it was years ago but I will never get over his loss and ours. I am sure Dana remembers him well. Here is a pic he sent me of him playing 18 holes of golf!

BWSMan.jpg
    416 x 554 - 243K
    Post edited by music2u4u on

Had a girlfriend that had one in yellow and you guessed it she called it Tweety

smiley

Oh, yes!  I remember BWS Man!  Really nice guy!  That was very sad.  As was the loss of Jaderail.  Too many.  Don't want to turn this into a funeral home, though. Sorry.

Dana

edited August 2020

This is a freebie at Rosity by  Lucien_Lilippe It's on obj format

Simca Aronde Week-End.jpg
    1200 x 918 - 340K
    Post edited by Robert Freise on

Thanks for the link!

Thanks Robert!

Music, I don't know if you remember Merleah (Leanne)!  Used to be in the freebie challenge sometimes, and the complaint threads.  Her mate was Toby, went by Muleskinner in the forums, worked with Carrara.  Leanne passed away on Aug. 7, in the early morning hours I think.  Very sad.   crying 

Dana

edited August 2020

As was commoinly said on Monty Python..."And now for something completely different" - The Fusion Flea!

fusion_flea_1.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 1M

Cute

Thanks - Fallout 4 game mesh...

edited August 2020

and you can't do the Flea without the mighty Chryslus Corvega!

f4_corvega_1.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 969K

surprise

Fallout 4 does have some strange cars in it.. :)

hacsart said:

As was commoinly said on Monty Python..."And now for something completely different" - The Fusion Flea!

Awwww...Little Fella!

edited August 2020

Do You Remember when.....

1930FordCocaColaTruck2.jpg
    780 x 665 - 417K
    edited August 2020

I had a friend many years ago, back when we were all listening to eight track tapes in the car. He had one in this a Lark exactly like this one. Same color an all. I remember hearing the music from it across the lot. Always playing ".Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young, Live album". Cool car.

StudebakerLark1.jpg
    780 x 665 - 348K

one of our neighbours has a Lark - mildly hotrodded...

When I glanced at the address, I saw De Tomato!   laugh  Must have been all that red.  cheeky

Dana

That or you had BLT or salad on your mind