ATLAS Armored Suit for Genesis 8 [Commercial]

1235»

Comments

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,741
    Sigurd said:

I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

@Sigurd Thank you, friend, I am currently beseiging a Desert Town in which one of the fallen angels has arisen. Six soldiers so far, and going for more. Once I get them posed, I'm converting them to props, which has surprisingly kept the view/mouse lag to nil. Test renders reveal that it is apalling that someone did not provide us something along these lines before. The runners-up are not even in this category. Brilliant, just brilliant.

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

Good luck! I would love to see them. I have been totally impressed with all of Herr Hoffmeyer's military offerings so far. They are inspired and well done.

edited March 2020

@Sigurd Thanks for your well wishes, mate. Salute to Herschel Hoffmeyer and a deep bow to @DzFire.

AbadanIsland2032

AbadanIsland2032.png
    3000 x 1000 - 6M
    Post edited by xyer0 on

Wow! That is a lot to unpack in that picture! Well Done!

Thanks. My reach exceeded my grasp.

• ArtsyDragonArtsyDragon Posts: 530

I'm so late to the party on this one. I've snagged this and am trying to do my own nametag. I'm new to this. Any suggestions for assistance is awesome. Thanks!!

Ditto on the nametag!

• BaronekBaronek Posts: 81
    edited June 2020
    illysArt said:

I'm so late to the party on this one. I've snagged this and am trying to do my own nametag. I'm new to this. Any suggestions for assistance is awesome. Thanks!!

If you haven't already done it, the nametag can be altered from the Surface Tab.

Once on the surface tab, click the name tag in your image/render window or find it from the list of surfaces... it's easier just to click on the image if you have the surface selection tool selected (alt-shift-m). For the 'Name tag' surface, click on the Base Color image (the little image next to the white base color). It will open up to a choice of current textures, but click Browse at the very top to get to the folder with names (if you've already chosen a name from the samples given) or the Base folder with an empty JPG if it is still blank.

You can then open the 'defaultMat_BaseColor' in your image editor of choice (Photoshop, PSP, Gimp, etc) and add your own name. I find Franchise Free Font to be reasonably close, and with some grunge or weathering it matches pretty well. The same can be done for the forces or ranks if you want to play with them to suit your setting/image. If you don't see the blank name tag, look in 'ATLAS/Insignia Forces Tag/Base'

Save the new nametag in the 'ATLAS/Insignia Forces Tag/Names' folder as a highest-quality JPG and choose it as the texture from the surface tab.

Hope that helps...

Post edited by Baronek on
  • CaetlynCaetlyn Posts: 76
    edited December 2023

I must be missing something here. How do I add the nametag to the vest?

Never mind. I worked it out ...

Post edited by Caetlyn on
  • geordiesharpgeordiesharp Posts: 150

Does anyone have any ideas about helmets to use with the ATLAS SUIT, I have been looking for ages with no success, I was looking for a full head helmet with visor, so it can be used as a breathing aid in dangerous conditions, as I said although there are loads out there, nothing so far compliments the suit and looks like it was ments to be used with it, hopefully someone has some ideas, I just hope the expansions mentioned in this forum land on the site soon.

Does anyone know if Herschel Hoffmeyer the creator of THE ATLAS SUIT is still creating assets and involved with DAZ STUDIO ?  I sent him an email a while ago, got no reply yet, so thought I would ask .

Cheers.

• myotherworldmyotherworld Posts: 579
    edited April 30

geordiesharp said:

Does anyone have any ideas about helmets to use with the ATLAS SUIT, I have been looking for ages with no success, I was looking for a full head helmet with visor, so it can be used as a breathing aid in dangerous conditions, as I said although there are loads out there, nothing so far compliments the suit and looks like it was ments to be used with it, hopefully someone has some ideas, I just hope the expansions mentioned in this forum land on the site soon.

I dont think this will be of any help to you. Unless you have been on Daz for a long time.

But one of the ideas I have been playing is "S A VAP grim-Armor" (1st image)

Sadly it is nolonger for sale.

Another that maybe of interest is "Major Cache" Compatible Figures:Michael 3&4 it is still for sale. (2nd image)

But maybe a lot for just a helmet.

Major Cache grim 02.png
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Major Cache.png
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by myotherworld on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,279

Midnight_Stories makes quite a lot of spacesuits/exosuits, such as the Rift Suit, S8 Suit and Mercury Ranger. You could also look at the Vitruvian Exosuit, which I only just discovered wasn't by the same PA.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I will look in to them, see if they work for me and my ideas :) 

As far as whether HH is still around, he just dropped a new product. He's just never been especially active on the forums, as far as I know.

Thanks Gordig, I saw the new Dinosaurs, but didn't realise they were HH products until you mentioned him dropping a new product.

Especially since DinoRaul's passing, if you see a new dinosaur in the Daz store, just assume it's HH until you discover otherwise.

• geordiesharp said:

Does anyone know if Herschel Hoffmeyer the creator of THE ATLAS SUIT is still creating assets and involved with DAZ STUDIO ?  I sent him an email a while ago, got no reply yet, so thought I would ask .

Cheers.

No plans for further expansions of the Atlas suit but I do plan on creating a new sci-fi suit for G9 which will include a helmet (and could be transfered to G8 easily).

Hey Herschel , Thanks for the reply, I look forward to the planned release, I hope it looks as great as ATLAS, as that is my fave sci fi suit, I only asked as I remember in this thread or on the forum somewhere, I think you stated you planned to release new add ons for ATLAS, possibly those were the TEXTURE ADD ONs, you alread released, I do not know.

Thanks Again.