ATLAS Armored Suit for Genesis 8 [Commercial]

Herschel HoffmeyerHerschel Hoffmeyer Posts: 587
edited April 2019 in Daz PA Commercial Products

ATLAS Armored Suit for Genesis 8 [Commercial]

The ATLAS (Advanced Tactical Light Armored Suit) is an outfit for both the Genesis 8 male and female. The tactical armored suit is designed to fit many roles and needs and serves as a base outfit where all types of equipment, gear, and additional stuff can be added.

The outfit features a vest (male & female variants), pants, boots, sleeves, and gloves. All optimized for fast rendering. The vest, pants, and sleeves comes with both 2K and 4K material presets. The gloves and boots comes with both 1K and 2K material presets.

Post edited by Herschel Hoffmeyer on

Comments

• rrwardrrward Posts: 556

I like it! Glad to see a product request bear fruit.

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

The only flaw I can perceive are those metal elbow pads flexing like rubber, but this has to be the most convincing near-future military suit, so far, regardless. Purchasing, soon as possible!

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,594
    edited April 2019

WOOHOO! looks fantastic!

Post edited by FSMCDesigns on
  • ZippyGuitarZippyGuitar Posts: 809

Herschel you are so talented! These look amazing. So much detail and wonderful texturing.

The only flaw I can perceive are those metal elbow pads flexing like rubber, but this has to be the most convincing near-future military suit, so far, regardless. Purchasing, soon as possible!

Honestly, I've looked several times and do not see elbow pads. It looks like a cloth material to me.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945

How can that be armour?  Why, you can hardly see any skin ... cheeky

• SBibbSBibb Posts: 596

Ooo, I like this.

Any suggestions of sci-fi helmets that might work well with this? (Or any plans for one to match this set?)

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,028
    Love it!
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,142

heartheartheart

Love it!

Laurie

• Thank you all for the comments! No elbow pads though, just a thick layer of cloth that is intended to portray a built in flak protection layer. The knee pads though I added in some JCM's to counteract the stretching when legs are bent.

SBibb said:

Ooo, I like this.

Any suggestions of sci-fi helmets that might work well with this? (Or any plans for one to match this set?)

Yes, many more treats coming for the ATLAS outfit with the first one being the Insignia Expansion which comes with a Patrol Cap (with 20 rank options), Beret (with like 40 Unit Patch options), 4 additional texture sets, and Vest Insignia including around 30 Surrnames, 20 Rank, and around 10 Military/Security branch names.

I do plan on adding multiple helmet options such as a Standard/Soldier, Sniper/Long Distance Targeting, Space, and Pilot but each helmet will most likely come with a themed gear expansion. For example, a ATLAS Space expansion will come with a life perserving pack, maybe some boosters, and space helmet with new textures.

I'm also plan on doing a heavy Exo-Suit that will most likely be built around the ATLAS suit.

• JPiatJPiat Posts: 68

Heavy exo-suits... I'm waiting for that since M4/V4.... You became a major content creator in a very short time. I'm waiting and I will buy, for sure. 

• wizard1200wizard1200 Posts: 239
    edited April 2019

The armor looks amazing!

Post edited by wizard1200 on
  • I don't usually buy this sort of stuff, but purely for the utter prefection of that female armor, I think I will. Might even make me render a girl once in a while. yes

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

Thank you all for the comments! No elbow pads though, just a thick layer of cloth that is intended to portray a built in flak protection layer. The knee pads though I added in some JCM's to counteract the stretching when legs are bent.

SBibb said:

Ooo, I like this.

Yes, many more treats coming for the ATLAS outfit with the first one being the Insignia Expansion which comes with a Patrol Cap (with 20 rank options), Beret (with like 40 Unit Patch options), 4 additional texture sets, and Vest Insignia including around 30 Surrnames, 20 Rank, and around 10 Military/Security branch names.

The suit look great! Have a question/suggesting though :) For the insignia expansion to be more precise, will there be a template so we can add names, ranks and so on of out own? Like if I want to use the name/rank/branch of a character in a story I am writing, and that name isn't amongst the ones already added by you, is there a chance to add that? 

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Wow!

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

Bah! I meant protective knee pads, not elbow! I'm interested to learn about the JCMs, though.

Will the Insignia Expansion also inclued flags of different nationalities? Very impressed to hear it will support so many rank and other symbology! There are too many military costumes in the past which have names and, specific damage which can't be removed and, maybe, one specific rank. Makes it impossible to use the same product to represent different characters within the same story. Certainly for different ranks. This will be fantastically useful.

Don't think we've even had a dedicated modern pilot product for anything like this since... V4/M4 era?

• Totally top shelf stuff, my hat is off to you !!!

• SBibbSBibb Posts: 596

SBibb said:

Ooo, I like this.

I do plan on adding multiple helmet options such as a Standard/Soldier, Sniper/Long Distance Targeting, Space, and Pilot but each helmet will most likely come with a themed gear expansion. For example, a ATLAS Space expansion will come with a life perserving pack, maybe some boosters, and space helmet with new textures.

I'm also plan on doing a heavy Exo-Suit that will most likely be built around the ATLAS suit.

Great to hear there will be multiple helmet options. And I like the idea of there being themed expansions. Will make it helpful to pick and choose what works best for our renders. :-D

edited April 2019

It would be great if you could create the following gear expansions:

- Assault (Automatic Rifle + Shotgun)

- Recon (Precision Rifle + Pistol)

- Support (Automatic Cannon + Grenade Launcher)

It is currently possible to buy these weapons from other vendors, but they should fit the 'near-future' look of the ATLAS in my opinion.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,594

It would be great if you could create the following gear expansions:

- Assault (Automatic Rifle + Shotgun)

- Recon (Precision Rifle + Pistol)

- Support (Automatic Cannon + Grenade Launcher)

It is currently possible to buy these weapons from other vendors, but they should fit the 'near-future' look of the ATLAS in my opinion.

While that all sounds well and good, I would rather not be nickle and dimed to death with expansions

Maybe a weapons expansion with gear and weapons, something like the attached image would be welcome in that one and then the heavy mech and then the insignia. I doubt many of us could afford much more.

tacticalgear.jpg
    800 x 800 - 81K
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    SimonJM said:

How can that be armour?  Why, you can hardly see any skin ... cheeky

haha!

Looks great though.

• CrescentCrescent Posts: 319

But ... but ... where are the stilettos? How can I believe she's in Special Ops if she can actually run, jump, and fight in her uniform? surprise

This pack falls into the "I don't have a use for it so I've gotta find one" category.

• Carola O said:

The suit look great! Have a question/suggesting though :) For the insignia expansion to be more precise, will there be a template so we can add names, ranks and so on of out own? Like if I want to use the name/rank/branch of a character in a story I am writing, and that name isn't amongst the ones already added by you, is there a chance to add that? 

Yes of course, there is a blank option so one could easily take the blank texture into a image editor (like Photoshop) and add their own. All Rank, Unit Patch, Name Tags, and Military Branch Tags come with a blank option.

- - -

As far as the expansive themes I'm still working out to what to inlude and... I also want to make use of great items already in the store that people may already own. The PA Polish's weapons are pretty nice. I was thinking of maybe just making slings, ammo pouches, holsters, and additional gear and poses for those. I'm not sure yet though and wanted to hear what would work best for all of you.

There are some weapons though I would just need to create because they don't exist.

While that all sounds well and good, I would rather not be nickle and dimed to death with expansions

Maybe a weapons expansion with gear and weapons, something like the attached image would be welcome in that one and then the heavy mech and then the insignia. I doubt many of us could afford much more.

I would definitely do all the military gear in one expansion. Like medkit, ammo pouches, radio, grenades, bayonet, flashlight, etc. If I do come out with additional weapon expansions though, they'll just come with the extra add-on's of ammo, slings, and holsters.

- - -

Thank you all for the compliments as well!

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited April 2019

I like it. The groin looks kinda strange on the male figures though. I think its too flat and rather recessed. Other than that, nicely done.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • Wow! Absolutely fantastic work, this looks like an insta-buy for me! You've really done a fantastic job with the military/sci-fi outfits :)

• Item is now released and available here!

Here's an early look at the Insignia add-on's coming.

• I like it. The groin looks kinda strange on the male figures though. I think its too flat and rather recessed. Other than that, nicely done.

QA will make you shrink it down if it's too big so not always in vendors control ! Lol

• jedijuddjedijudd Posts: 606

Looks great instant into my cart

edited April 2019
    I would definitely do all the military gear in one expansion. Like medkit, ammo pouches, radio, grenades, bayonet, flashlight, etc. If I do come out with additional weapon expansions though, they'll just come with the extra add-on's of ammo, slings, and holsters.

I would prefer additional weapon expansions, because the current weapons look nice, but they do not match the 'near-future' look of the ATLAS and this makes the kitbashing too obvious in my opinion.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

I like it. The groin looks kinda strange on the male figures though. I think its too flat and rather recessed. Other than that, nicely done.

QA will make you shrink it down if it's too big so not always in vendors control ! Lol

The problem is How is a person to know an outfit will fit properly if a realistic male pelvis is not used.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    Crescent said:

But ... but ... where are the stilettos? How can I believe she's in Special Ops if she can actually run, jump, and fight in her uniform? surprise

This pack falls into the "I don't have a use for it so I've gotta find one" category.

How could I forget that .. but despite a lack of 'increae heel height' morphs I still bought them laugh