ATLAS Armored Suit for Genesis 8 [Commercial]

Comments

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

Wow!!! This is really raising the bar with its versatility. My only suggestion might be some Flecktarn or Alpenflage variations. But I can do that myself. These are insta buy on steroids!

• I love those. And will definitely be picking them up. Will these have the hi and low res versions of the textures like the default ones?

Yes the texture sets are set up the same way as the default texture however the beret and patrol cap come in a 2k format only but only for the base color and normal maps, the other maps are 1k or smaller..

Oh that's excellent. And I just had a thought for a winter camo version, if you get around to it.

I will get around to making a texture set like this here. What I'm probably going to do is launch my own small website where I can house and share free items like this as well as share a road map as to what I have planned, and polls to see what seems to be the most wanted things from me.

• Sigurd said:

Wow!!! This is really raising the bar with its versatility. My only suggestion might be some Flecktarn or Alpenflage variations. But I can do that myself. These are insta buy on steroids!

Appreciate the comment and I can also make something if you point me more in a specific direction of what you want, maybe a reference image? I can do Flecktarn or Alpenflage but what environment theme or style?

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited May 2019

Those names, ranks and service ensignia look really great!

Ideas: Chemical/biological warfare protection. And also a flamethrower (and/or chemical warfare nerve gas-projecting weapon) unit conversion expansions. For those wanting to depict wildlife management actions against nests of giant hostile organisms on alien worlds.

Also thought of an underwater/amphibious warfare variation, which could just use vectored thrust on a backpack for speed and agility through fluid, instead of requiring flippers. Then I thought you could easily just make it one and the same as a space-based 'combat astronaut' EVA thing, except with different colours (although, that might require a texture change of the material to look metallic or some other material air wouldn't breathe through).

Post edited by Xenomorphine on
  • Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

I'm not sure if it is something that would work, but something I personally miss in all military outfit for genesis 8 is dogtags. I tried to work with some dogtags I have for genesis 3 but they don't work all that well. Is that something that might be possible?

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,614
    Carola O said:

I'm not sure if it is something that would work, but something I personally miss in all military outfit for genesis 8 is dogtags. I tried to work with some dogtags I have for genesis 3 but they don't work all that well. Is that something that might be possible?

Agreed with lots of movement morphs

• Carola O said:

Dog Tags are more of a historical thing rather than a future thing and are usually kept tuck away under clothing. Where you see them over the armor or displayed over clothing is strictly a hollywood/civilian thing and not accurate. Today's troops still wear them but in a combat scenario, they're usually attached to a cord that is tied off to a belt loop and in the pocket so they can easily be accessed.

Those names, ranks and service ensignia look really great!

Ideas: Chemical/biological warfare protection. And also a flamethrower (and/or chemical warfare nerve gas-projecting weapon) unit conversion expansions. For those wanting to depict wildlife management actions against nests of giant hostile organisms on alien worlds.

Also thought of an underwater/amphibious warfare variation, which could just use vectored thrust on a backpack for speed and agility through fluid, instead of requiring flippers. Then I thought you could easily just make it one and the same as a space-based 'combat astronaut' EVA thing, except with different colours (although, that might require a texture change of the material to look metallic or some other material air wouldn't breathe through).

I still plan on doing expansions except for the space expansion it will be more like on the ground of a earth-like alien planet rather than in space itself or in a hostile environment. So it would just need a way to control the breathing air rather than a complete protective layering from the elements.

This looks awesome!!!

I finally was able to pick up this suit, and I really like it :) I do have a question though, I tried to see if I could turn off some surface to use other shirts underneath the protective vest, and for the male vest that works without a problem. The female vest however, has a oddness. I did a render where I re shaded everything black except the Armor part. And it seems that one part of the shirt has become part of the armor surface on the female vest, while on the male vest that is part of the shirt 2 surface. Attaching the render to show what I mean, is it possible to change it/make an update so that the small part belongs to shirt 2 on the female vest as well?

/Carola

armorinsteadofshirt2surface.jpg
    827 x 894 - 173K
  • Carola O said:

I finally was able to pick up this suit, and I really like it :) I do have a question though, I tried to see if I could turn off some surface to use other shirts underneath the protective vest, and for the male vest that works without a problem. The female vest however, has a oddness. I did a render where I re shaded everything black except the Armor part. And it seems that one part of the shirt has become part of the armor surface on the female vest, while on the male vest that is part of the shirt 2 surface. Attaching the render to show what I mean, is it possible to change it/make an update so that the small part belongs to shirt 2 on the female vest as well?

/Carola

It's very easy to change and edit material zones. If you go to the geometry editor and select those polys that are apart of that zone, you can then right-click and click "Geometry Assignment > Assign to Surface > (Pick Surface Group)." Now that area will be apart of the surface group you assigned to it. Just remember to save the clothing item after doing so.

Ah.. had no idea about that *sheepish smile* Thank you!

In the cart! Thanks I cannot remember when I have looked forward to a release as much as this one.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,952

One I did before the expansion kit came out:

edited May 2019

SimonJM your image does not load for me and when i click it i get a log in page for an unknown site, just an FYI

HH thanks for the expansion, love it!!

desertdrill.jpg
    1419 x 878 - 2M
    Post edited by FSMCDesigns on

Shouldn't he be looking them in the eyes?

Sigurd said:

Shouldn't he be looking them in the eyes?

LOL, he's in charge, he can look anywhere he pleases.

edited May 2019

SimonJM your image does not load for me and when i click it i get a log in page for an unknown site, just an FYI

HH thanks for the expansion, love it!!

Oh rats .. let me upload it here ...

Protect and serve.jpg
    3200 x 3200 - 3M
    Post edited by SimonJM on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,568

What font is used for the name tags so I can match the font style for other characters?

Wow. Nice!

• What font is used for the name tags so I can match the font style for other characters?

Eurostile, Bold x2

• SnowPheonixSnowPheonix Posts: 896

Item is now released and available here!

Here's an early look at the Insignia add-on's coming.

Love the product... Too bad the suit isn't on sale also... I would have bought them if the suit was on sale along with the expansion pack.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,568

What font is used for the name tags so I can match the font style for other characters?

Eurostile, Bold x2

Thanks a lot! =-)

Absolutely love the product(s). If you wanted to make some weapons (a pistol, rifle, and/or a carbine) to go with this I would not mind too greatly.

Awesome job, thank again.

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,286
    Sigurd said:

Absolutely love the product(s). If you wanted to make some weapons (a pistol, rifle, and/or a carbine) to go with this I would not mind too greatly.

Awesome job, thank again.

Did you say rifle? https://www.daz3d.com/tactical-assault-rifle--add-ons-for-tactical-assault-outfit/

edited May 2019

I jsut used them again, tjis time used some of the expansion ..

Protect and survive.jpg
    2400 x 1350 - 3M
    Post edited by SimonJM on
  • chrbou2001chrbou2001 Posts: 117

Oh what a fantastic product, i own it already and also the first expansion. I am very excited to read that you plan more expansions for this. I also own nearly all of your products, i love the Dinosaurs (the most realistic in my opinion) and the fantasy series. The Tactical assault outfit is also a perfect product, great for jungle renders.

A suggestion for future products: maybe a "hardcore" Space suit like those shown in "Valerian", also a male and female model?

Do please keep us updated.

Thank you again for a wonderful product.

• More is planned for this product still. Next month I have an expansion/stand-alone product that will consist of tactical gear add-ons such as mag holders, grenades, radios, med kits, pouches, etc I'm designing it to be used for the ATLAS but at the same time, can be used with other military/tactical outfits out there. After that it will most likely be a primary weapon set (for ATLAS and stand alone) that will include a near-future Assault Rifle, Shotgun, Side Arm, and blade with matching gear, poses, etc.

I also have a whole new outfit coming out soon just for the Gen 8 female that is a female assassin. Think Jessica Priest (from the Spawn universe) combined with Black Widow (from Avengers) but modernized. It will be a more tighter fitting suit designed to show off those curves.

I'm also still working on the Dragon, Rex 3 expansion, and more stuff for the ATLAS (like the exo) but these are a little farther out. I will also be doing a bulkier suit like the one the Doom guy wears at some point. In what order just depends on what I'm feeling inspired to work on and which of the ideas will probably sell best.

On June 16th I will be leading a webinar with Digital Art Live where I will be showing and discussing my workflow through Daz, Unreal, and Photoshop to create awesome renders and performing great post work. Check out Digital Art Live if you're interested in joining me and I will be answering related questions throughout the show.

Awesome!!! Thanks for the heads up. I will definitely be buying all your Tac-Gear as soon as it shows up.