• Hatsune MikuHatsune Miku Posts: 851

Here is my link to my NFT.

https://tinyurl.com/487wkan8

• Buaya-kunBuaya-kun Posts: 65

when smoking ban was imposed laugh

• akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124

Space Jingoroh said:

Flight_maneuver Test01.mp4 Movie
    This Movie was rendered using "pwToon SKU:7253" and 3Delight.

Very nice homage to classic mecha!  

• Hatsune MikuHatsune Miku Posts: 851

Nerdy Time

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,471
    edited August 2021

Realized I have not posted here in a while, after making the last.  I put all three of my "Space Raider" images (or at least what I am calling it, atm) below.  I enjoyed browsing everyone's creations!!

Post edited by 3dOutlaw on
  • RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,593

Looks like she finally got some caffeine in her system by that third shot. wink

That first one is my favorite, the ennui in her body language is outright comical!

• Don't have any anime renders to share - have a question instead.

Does anyone know of a source for Misa Amane hair from Death Note. I'm wasting more time than it's probably worth, as I just want to place her in the background of a scene for the fun reference. Any suggestions on other assets to help make the goth lolita style outfit would be appreciated. There's a model of Misa (actually 3) on renderhub, but I can't get it to import into Daz so that I can pose it, and only the obj file will import at all.

I'm thinking of using a G8F model of Marie Rose from DOA as the base, then find what I can to put together the outfit, as close as possible, but if there is actually a hair product that matches this it would be a great help.

imgbin-misa-amane-light-yagami-rem-death-note-anime-CL1Nd611W5BtJStJMxbY6GGAd.jpg
    728 x 491 - 83K
    Misa-Amane-misa-amane-35754636-704-396.jpg
    704 x 396 - 41K

You can search for "Misa Amane MMD" and use this process to get the hair model into Daz.  It's won't be rigged, but you can dforce it or rig it, using one of the many tutorials.  Also, you could see if one of the many new folks doing Wrap3 conversions are open for commissions. (though I have found even those don't have rigged hair, typically, but you would get a rigged G8F character).

• 3dOutlaw said:

You can search for "Misa Amane MMD" and use this process to get the hair model into Daz.  It's won't be rigged, but you can dforce it or rig it, using one of the many tutorials.  Also, you could see if one of the many new folks doing Wrap3 conversions are open for commissions. (though I have found even those don't have rigged hair, typically, but you would get a rigged G8F character).

Thank you, I might play around with that and see if I can make something work with it.

At this point, I don't think it's worth comissioning someone, as it is just to throw a little fun, extra detail into the scene, but perhaps I should consider looking at how to make my own custom hair products, so I can have exactly what I want when not finding quite the right item available (that could certainly come in handy for times when I need a character to have wet hair - wish all hair products came with a wet variant).

• BandoriFanBandoriFan Posts: 364
    edited August 2021

I wanted to do something with a coffee shop I have 

Sakura Sitting at Coffee Shop 1 Resized.png
    1800 x 2340 - 6M
    Post edited by BandoriFan on

Inspired by the 3:00 minute mark in this video...

The animation was created by a group of 12 fans for the opening ceremonies of a Japanese genre convention called "Daicon IV" and threw just about every media reference into the pot.  Those "fans" would go on to found Gainax Studios, arguably most famous for the anime series "Neon Genesis Evangelion" and "FLCL" (pronounced "Fooly Cooly") which contained a callback to the sword surfing bunny girl of this anime montage.

I remember years ago, had to be the early 00s, when I came across a statement on some web page mentioning a Japanese cartoon featuring a cocktail bunny waitress dueling Darth Vader.  What?!  Surely the person who uploaded that comment was "joshing" the readers!  Sometime later, months, maybe a year, I came across another site (this was before YouTube) that hosted a video, an animated montage created for a convention in japan.  It took some time to load, but finally it had buffered enough so I could play it without freezing.  BOOM!  There it was, the sequence I assumed was somebody's BS to get attention, a cocktail bunny waitress swinging a green lightsaber at Darth Vader!  It really existed!

That is hilarious, I would have called BS, as well.  I like the sparks!

3dOutlaw said:

That is hilarious, I would have called BS, as well.  I like the sparks!

That's why I try to back my claims with evidence (the opening cermonies anime itself).  After all these years, however, I assumed this lil' oddity was better known among Star Wars and anime fans.

The sparks?  That was some transparent .PNG file I found ages ago somewhere upon the net, its origins lost to time.  The default is kinda' orange with a bright yellow center, but I played with the color balance to get the purplish-white effect here.  I applied it in post as a layer in PaintShop Pro...version 7 (ancient stuff).

I posted this in two other relevant threads and you're the first to comment.  Thanks!

• vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297

I've been busy with stuff and things.

Anywho, I think I managed to strike a good balance between anime and comic book look with this one.

• Redfern said:

Inspired by the 3:00 minute mark in this video...

The animation was created by a group of 12 fans for the opening ceremonies of a Japanese genre convention called "Daicon IV" and threw just about every media reference into the pot.  Those "fans" would go on to found Gainax Studios, arguably most famous for the anime series "Neon Genesis Evangelion" and "FLCL" (pronounced "Fooly Cooly") which contained a callback to the sword surfing bunny girl of this anime montage.

I remember years ago, had to be the early 00s, when I came across a statement on some web page mentioning a Japanese cartoon featuring a cocktail bunny waitress dueling Darth Vader.  What?!  Surely the person who uploaded that comment was "joshing" the readers!  Sometime later, months, maybe a year, I came across another site (this was before YouTube) that hosted a video, an animated montage created for a convention in japan.  It took some time to load, but finally it had buffered enough so I could play it without freezing.  BOOM!  There it was, the sequence I assumed was somebody's BS to get attention, a cocktail bunny waitress swinging a green lightsaber at Darth Vader!  It really existed!

gustavlem_a1fe5d7a15 said:

Was this a piece you already staged and rendered, or is it a "response" to my bit of absurdity?
  • EthinEthin Posts: 1,072

• EthinEthin Posts: 1,072

I keep forgetting I can post non Aiko images here.

Well this is rather different for me but Someone... just had to have some minions. Not quite as cool as I wanted but I only spent 5 hours on him and wasn't sure how to get to what I had envisioned anyway so ya. The tongue and chain are bits I hand laying around the rest is me.

•  

Machinima Render Miku Hatsune Anime

edited August 2021

Someone at Renderosity made a matching anime male and female for G8, "Tahiza and Tadazo" so its finally time for me to dip my toes into that figure's ecosystem.

Post edited by vrba79 on
  •  

Happy birthday Miku Hatsune

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,885
    edited August 2021

I'm still mostly at the "move sliders until it does kind of what I want it to" phase of experimenting with pwToon.

Mangatest 1.png
    800 x 800 - 295K
    Post edited by Gordig on

My first attempt at anything with G8M

Joy making the anime catface.

• Redfern said:

gustavlem_a1fe5d7a15 said:

Was this a piece you already staged and rendered, or is it a "response" to my bit of absurdity?
    Is my homage :)

I am trying to give Genesis 8 at go, but it just can't produce nice neat results like Genesis 1 here!

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,885

Oh yeah, I completed a scene with those characters I posted earlier:

And then I re-rendered it in Iray:

The post effect on this was an accident, but turned out really good!