Welcome to Hatsune Miku Anime Manga Cafe ☕

Comments

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,593

@3dcgx

Could you check your private messages?  Thanks.

Sincerely,

Bill

• Welcome to Manga Cafe :p

Character m4 Arduino wolfgang

• Hatsune MikuHatsune Miku Posts: 851
    edited April 2020

This is an opacity skill of using yatoon and realistic together at opacity 50% is just my way of toon skills. Using photoshop I took a realistic render and a yatoon cellshade render in carrara then use photoshop and I merged them together using opacity at 50% here is the outcome.  

Post edited by Hatsune Miku on
  • EthinEthin Posts: 1,072

Bethany at the beach.

• The archer

Aiko 3 Kioki

Carrara yatoon and Carrara default render opacity 50%

• vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297

Getting some Rydia vibes from your archer.

edited April 2020
    edited April 2020

Click image below to see breath of fire 3

• edited April 2020

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited April 2020

Welcome to manga cafe

Practice makes perfect

Click image below

• Alita the movie work in progress

• Deprive Animated is coming soon...

I have more time than ever to finish this project i started in 2011 called Deprive a retold story of an alien ship who captures a girl and a hero comes to rescue her, is all Sci Fi part of the series of robot Carnival here are some screenshots

Robot Carnival. I remember the night that debuted on Sci-Fi channel in the US, along with Lensman and Vampire Hunter D.

• My original character Magic Girl

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,538

Below is a quick render with no postwork other than the white background.  I would like some feedback if you please.  I can do a toon version of this if I wanted.  The male and fenale are both Sakura 8. 

The questions are: What is the 1st thing that comes to mind when you see these characters?  Are you turned off by the 3D nature of the render?  Does the male character look like a dude?

Anime Characters by tkdrobert

edited May 2020
    tkdrobert said:

Below is a quick render with no postwork other than the white background.  I would like some feedback if you please.  I can do a toon version of this if I wanted.  The male and fenale are both Sakura 8. 

The questions are: What is the 1st thing that comes to mind when you see these characters?  Are you turned off by the 3D nature of the render?  Does the male character look like a dude?

The characters look very mangaish and anime, great job, the boy perhaps can have a bit more of a V shape but other than that over all they look great.

I made some changes.  This is a low-res render.

Another update with the addition of Hiro 5 and Hitomi.

4 Anime Characters by tkdrobert

Quickie A3/Hitomi blend.

Render.png
    385 x 1365 - 507K
    vrba79 said:

Quickie A3/Hitomi blend.

Nice.  I just created a character last night using A3 morphs for G1.  I used the materials for Hitimi.  Turned out oretty well.

edited May 2020

Toon versions using Visual Style Shaders.  This is with no inking and no post-work.

Anime Characters VSS by tkdrobert

Post edited by tkdrobert on
    tkdrobert said:
    vrba79 said:

Quickie A3/Hitomi blend.

Nice.  I just created a character last night using A3 morphs for G1.  I used the materials for Hitimi.  Turned out oretty well.

The 3/4 legacy + H5/Hitomi can crank out quite a nice seleciton. You can even replicate the anime-pretty boy archetype by mixing some of the Aiko faces with the Hiro stuff.

edited May 2020

4 more Anime Characters by tkdrobert

These are all G1 models.

Post edited by tkdrobert on
    tkdrobert said:

These are all G1 models.

Thats exactly what I'm talking about. They really got the anime options right with G1.

vrba79 said:
    tkdrobert said:

These are all G1 models.

Thats exactly what I'm talking about. They really got the anime options right with G1.

Starting with G2, they began making Video Game Anime models, instead of cartoon anime models.  Think Final Fantasy.  From a 3D buiness standpoint, it does make sense.  A lot of people use Daz models for video games.

edited May 2020

Yeah G2 was the beginning of an end alright.

They got so much right with G1, then did a complete 180, because it wasn't making enough money I guess. You can bet if Poser had still been serious competition, it would have played out differently. It was actually Genesis's one-figure-can-do-it-all approach that wooed me away from Poser, but by the time Genesis 2 rolled around Poser had nothing that could equal what Genesis could do, so I stayed with D|S.

Post edited by vrba79 on
    edited May 2020

Work in progress

All monsters