[Released] RSSY Clothing Converter from Genesis 2 Male to Genesis 8 Male [Commercial]

Comments

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,447

This is from the Newport Outfit, not as bad as some, worse than others.  Urban College Guy is pretty bad.

Does dialing the crotch area fixer negative help? There's limited I can do other than add another morph. I had to do some projection outward to prevent clipping, and it doesn't affect every pair of pants the same.

I don't think so. But I'll try for sure when I get home.

• necroscensionnecroscension Posts: 106
    edited November 2018

FYI Sickleyield's Malevolent Lee doesn't convert without being forced. Still going through the conversion process, figuring out what was saved as scene subsets instead of wearables and all. I thought she'd be interested to know about it. Items give a "SYMBraceletsG2M (Follower) is not a clothing item of Follower/Wardrobe,Follower/Accessory"

Post edited by necroscension on

Is there something we can do to the original items to fix the metadata for items like @necroscension and others have mentioned? I've seen few mysef (none of the Vintage Boxing Manager wanted to convert) and I do roll my own meta data for non-DAZ items.

• I'm seeing items being kicked out for supposedly not being G2M items, which will also not force convert. The hat from the Shadow Man outfit and the cape from Arki's Rune Male Outfit are two examples. I wouldn't question if it weren't for seeing hats and capes converting on other outfits.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,954

Try loading the items that aren't converting ,on the original figure and resave as a SUPPORT/ASSET/FIGURE/PROP ASSET in the original folder or even over thee original ,and then retry to convert ,that's what I've been doing.

• FYI Sickleyield's Malevolent Lee doesn't convert without being forced. Still going through the conversion process, figuring out what was saved as scene subsets instead of wearables and all. I thought she'd be interested to know about it. Items give a "SYMBraceletsG2M (Follower) is not a clothing item of Follower/Wardrobe,Follower/Accessory"

Thank you for the information.

• carrie58 said:

Try loading the items that aren't converting ,on the original figure and resave as a SUPPORT/ASSET/FIGURE/PROP ASSET in the original folder or even over thee original ,and then retry to convert ,that's what I've been doing.

This. smiley  If you are unhappy with the metadata, this will fix it.

edited November 2018

This is from the Newport Outfit, not as bad as some, worse than others.  Urban College Guy is pretty bad.

Does dialing the crotch area fixer negative help? There's limited I can do other than add another morph. I had to do some projection outward to prevent clipping, and it doesn't affect every pair of pants the same.

Which "crotch area fixer"?

I have "Crotch Front" and "Crotch Lower". Dialing those in negative do seem to help some.

Post edited by evilded777 on
  • This is from the Newport Outfit, not as bad as some, worse than others.  Urban College Guy is pretty bad.

Which "crotch area fixer"?

I have "Crotch Front" and "Crotch Lower". Dialing those in negative due seem to help some.

That is what she means.  

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,828
    edited November 2018

I think I'm misunderstanding something about how to use this for items without metadata. I'm trying to add something from another store, and the converter is just flatly refusing to allow me to add it when I select the file. I thought that it was possible to add the items, but that you'd have to force convert after. Did I misunderstand how that works?

EDIT: It looks like part of the metadata issue is that the items I'm having issues with were saved as "scene subset" rather than 'wearable/wardrobe". However, one item that failed shows as "wearable" and has the green "Wardrobe" tag, so I don't know what happened there; the converter log says that it's not a clothing item. (EDIT to the edit: I wound up putting the item on G2M and resaving it as a figure/prop asset, and it looks like there was some sort of metadata glitch. Even though Studio recognized it as a wardrobe asset, that part of the metadata only had a grayed-out "Follower" and nothing else -- I didn't even know that was possible. Resaving with the correct information let the converter recognize and convert it.)

It also looks like there's either an issue with Studio's metadata editor/writer, or some other weirdness; a couple of the items I was having issues with, I resaved as wardrobe items, being specific about outerwear, dress, what have you. When I brought them into the converter -- which worked for those items I resaved -- they all appeared as "Follower/Wardrobe/Unknown" and "Converter Bodysuit" and had to be manually edited. Which is fine, it's just a glitch somewhere, but I'm not sure where.

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • vwrangler said:

I think I'm misunderstanding something about how to use this for items without metadata. I'm trying to add something from another store, and the converter is just flatly refusing to allow me to add it when I select the file. I thought that it was possible to add the items, but that you'd have to force convert after. Did I misunderstand how that works?

EDIT: It looks like part of the metadata issue is that the items I'm having issues with were saved as "scene subset" rather than 'wearable/wardrobe". However, one item that failed shows as "wearable" and has the green "Wardrobe" tag, so I don't know what happened there; the converter log says that it's not a clothing item. (EDIT to the edit: I wound up putting the item on G2M and resaving it as a figure/prop asset, and it looks like there was some sort of metadata glitch. Even though Studio recognized it as a wardrobe asset, that part of the metadata only had a grayed-out "Follower" and nothing else -- I didn't even know that was possible. Resaving with the correct information let the converter recognize and convert it.)

It also looks like there's either an issue with Studio's metadata editor/writer, or some other weirdness; a couple of the items I was having issues with, I resaved as wardrobe items, being specific about outerwear, dress, what have you. When I brought them into the converter -- which worked for those items I resaved -- they all appeared as "Follower/Wardrobe/Unknown" and "Converter Bodysuit" and had to be manually edited. Which is fine, it's just a glitch somewhere, but I'm not sure where.

Are you unchecking "Check Content Type when Adding Files" in the Options tab?  The Add Files will not be picky about what's added if that is the unchecked.  Of course, now you have to be careful what you add smiley

vwrangler said:

Are you unchecking "Check Content Type when Adding Files" in the Options tab?  The Add Files will not be picky about what's added if that is the unchecked.  Of course, now you have to be careful what you add smiley

Oh. Duh.

So, after doing that, on the upside, it let me add the items to be converted.

On the down side, it converted one of 36 items, and reported that 35 of the other items weren't clothing items, even though they are. And in one case, it said the directory didn't exist, but I'm guessing that's because the directory contained an exclamation point in its name. (That specific issue is recursive, I think; several of the items that failed were in the directory that it says doesn't exist.) I think they'll all likely need to be resaved -- and that one directory renamed -- before the converter will be able to figure out what's going on.

Thank you for helping out!

• vwrangler said:
    vwrangler said:

Oh. Duh.

So, after doing that, on the upside, it let me add the items to be converted.

On the down side, it converted one of 36 items, and reported that 35 of the other items weren't clothing items, even though they are. And in one case, it said the directory didn't exist, but I'm guessing that's because the directory contained an exclamation point in its name. (That specific issue is recursive, I think; several of the items that failed were in the directory that it says doesn't exist.) I think they'll all likely need to be resaved -- and that one directory renamed -- before the converter will be able to figure out what's going on.

Thank you for helping out!

Don't forget that you need to select (not just check) items and Force Convert if they won't convert normally!

• MouserMouser Posts: 675

Mostly good but unlike the other converters this one has run into a problem, has anyone run into it?

On certan items the converter hangs and doesnt finish, canceling does nothing and I have to stop DS via the taskmgr as it seems to freeze DS.

Most work okay though.

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,380
    edited December 2018
    Mouser said:

Mostly good but unlike the other converters this one has run into a problem, has anyone run into it?

On certan items the converter hangs and doesnt finish, canceling does nothing and I have to stop DS via the taskmgr as it seems to freeze DS.

Most work okay though.

Unfortunately, there are a very few items which are NOT friendly at all and crash DS (which crashes the script).  Sorry for the inconvenience.  I wish I could do something about it.  I wrote the script to handle errors but DS won't even come back with an error for the script to handle sad  For those items, I would leave them checked after you have converted everything and use the Memorize button (in Options) so the script remembers never to check those items again.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
    edited December 2018

So, I've tried to convert the cape from this item: https://www.daz3d.com/dm-suit-for-genesis-2-male-s-and-michael-6

The main suit went just fine, even the hat. It failed on the gun smart props, but that was fully expected, since it's not supposed to handle them. The cape, on the other hand...

I switched the converter -- which loaded in with Conformer Bodysuit M for the item -- to the cape conformer.

I've unchecked "Check Content Type".

I've tried Execute, which failed. I tried both Convert Item and Force Convert on the original -- remembering to select the item as well as check the box before clicking the relevant button -- which also failed.

I then resaved the item -- which seemed to have perfectly good metadata -- making sure to save it as Follower/Wardrobe/Outerwear/Top, under the name "Dark Man Cape" (the original is "DM Cape"). All three options failed on the newly-saved version as well.

Every time, it fails with the message "The item is not a Genesis 2 Male clothing item."

There's no directory path or other issue that I can easily identify. It's just wrong, and I don't know what to do to make it figure things out.

Is there anything I can do to either get it to recognize that the item is in fact a Genesis 2 Male clothing item or to stop caring?

Relevant log items below, if that will be helpful.

21:58:42 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): Converting clothing from G:/DAZ 3D/Studio3/content/People/Genesis 2 Male/Clothing/Dark Man/DM Cape.duf to G:/DAZ 3D/Studio3/content/People/Genesis 8 Male/Clothing/Dark Man/DM Cape.duf

21:58:43 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): Generation and Gender of DM Cape Clothing item:

21:58:43 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): DM Cape is not a Genesis 2 Male clothing item

21:58:45 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): Execution Complete.

21:59:30 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): Adding Files...

21:59:30 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): Adding "Follower/Wardrobe/Unknown" file: G:\DAZ 3D\Studio3\content\People\Genesis 2 Male\Clothing\Dark Man\Dark Man Cape.duf

21:59:55 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): Executing Script

21:59:55 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): Selecting Preset: G:\DAZ 3D\Studio3\content\People\Genesis 2 Male\Clothing\Dark Man\Dark Man Cape.duf

21:59:55 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): Converting clothing from G:\DAZ 3D\Studio3\content\People\Genesis 2 Male\Clothing\Dark Man\Dark Man Cape.duf to G:/DAZ 3D/Studio3/content/People/Genesis 8 Male/Clothing/Dark Man/Dark Man Cape.duf

21:59:56 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): Generation and Gender of DM Cape Clothing item:

21:59:56 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): DM Cape is not a Genesis 2 Male clothing item

21:59:58 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): Execution Complete.

22:00:43 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): WARNING: Forcing Conversion of Clothing Items

22:00:43 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): Executing Script

22:00:43 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): Selecting Preset: G:\DAZ 3D\Studio3\content\People\Genesis 2 Male\Clothing\Dark Man\Dark Man Cape.duf

22:00:43 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): Converting clothing from G:\DAZ 3D\Studio3\content\People\Genesis 2 Male\Clothing\Dark Man\Dark Man Cape.duf to G:/DAZ 3D/Studio3/content/People/Genesis 8 Male/Clothing/Dark Man/Dark Man Cape.duf

22:00:44 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): Generation and Gender of DM Cape Clothing item:

22:00:44 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): DM Cape is not a Genesis 2 Male clothing item

22:00:46 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): Execution Complete.

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • vwrangler said:

So, I've tried to convert the cape from this item: https://www.daz3d.com/dm-suit-for-genesis-2-male-s-and-michael-6

The main suit went just fine, even the hat. It failed on the gun smart props, but that was fully expected, since it's not supposed to handle them. The cape, on the other hand...

I switched the converter -- which loaded in with Conformer Bodysuit M for the item -- to the cape conformer.

I've unchecked "Check Content Type".

I've tried Execute, which failed. I tried both Convert Item and Force Convert on the original -- remembering to select the item as well as check the box before clicking the relevant button -- which also failed.

I then resaved the item -- which seemed to have perfectly good metadata -- making sure to save it as Follower/Wardrobe/Outerwear/Top, under the name "Dark Man Cape" (the original is "DM Cape"). All three options failed on the newly-saved version as well.

Every time, it fails with the message "The item is not a Genesis 2 Male clothing item."

There's no directory path or other issue that I can easily identify. It's just wrong, and I don't know what to do to make it figure things out.

Is there anything I can do to either get it to recognize that the item is in fact a Genesis 2 Male clothing item or to stop caring?

Relevant log items below, if that will be helpful.

21:58:42 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): Converting clothing from G:/DAZ 3D/Studio3/content/People/Genesis 2 Male/Clothing/Dark Man/DM Cape.duf to G:/DAZ 3D/Studio3/content/People/Genesis 8 Male/Clothing/Dark Man/DM Cape.duf

21:58:43 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): Generation and Gender of DM Cape Clothing item:

21:58:43 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): DM Cape is not a Genesis 2 Male clothing item

21:58:45 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): Execution Complete.

21:59:30 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): Adding Files...

21:59:30 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): Adding "Follower/Wardrobe/Unknown" file: G:\DAZ 3D\Studio3\content\People\Genesis 2 Male\Clothing\Dark Man\Dark Man Cape.duf

21:59:55 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): Executing Script

21:59:55 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): Selecting Preset: G:\DAZ 3D\Studio3\content\People\Genesis 2 Male\Clothing\Dark Man\Dark Man Cape.duf

21:59:55 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): Converting clothing from G:\DAZ 3D\Studio3\content\People\Genesis 2 Male\Clothing\Dark Man\Dark Man Cape.duf to G:/DAZ 3D/Studio3/content/People/Genesis 8 Male/Clothing/Dark Man/Dark Man Cape.duf

21:59:56 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): Generation and Gender of DM Cape Clothing item:

21:59:56 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): DM Cape is not a Genesis 2 Male clothing item

21:59:58 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): Execution Complete.

22:00:43 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): WARNING: Forcing Conversion of Clothing Items

22:00:43 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): Executing Script

22:00:43 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): Selecting Preset: G:\DAZ 3D\Studio3\content\People\Genesis 2 Male\Clothing\Dark Man\Dark Man Cape.duf

22:00:43 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): Converting clothing from G:\DAZ 3D\Studio3\content\People\Genesis 2 Male\Clothing\Dark Man\Dark Man Cape.duf to G:/DAZ 3D/Studio3/content/People/Genesis 8 Male/Clothing/Dark Man/Dark Man Cape.duf

22:00:44 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): Generation and Gender of DM Cape Clothing item:

22:00:44 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): DM Cape is not a Genesis 2 Male clothing item

22:00:46 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): Execution Complete.

When the script loads the clothing item, it is looking at its preferred base (Edit->Scene Identification).  This is blank in this case.

When the script loads the clothing item, it is looking at its preferred base (Edit->Scene Identification).  This is blank in this case.

And that was indeed the issue. Thank you so much!

If I might suggest: maybe adding something about that to the documentation? I looked in the PDF before asking, and didn't see anything about that error; was there something I overlooked?

• vwrangler said:

And that was indeed the issue. Thank you so much!

If I might suggest: maybe adding something about that to the documentation? I looked in the PDF before asking, and didn't see anything about that error; was there something I overlooked?

No, you didn't overlook it.  I tried to balance the manual between enough detail without getting overwhelming so some fine details were not added.

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

My very first purchase in the Daz store included War Mage for G2M and Royal Guard for G2M, still among my favorite outfits. Here is War Mage on G8M, which converted without issue thanks to your converter!

I could use help converting Royal Guard, especially these items shown: Leather Tunic, Bicep Armor, Arm Gauntlets, Pants, Shin Armor, and Boots.

Thanks!

WarMageSurge.png
    1000 x 1000 - 2M
    RoyalGuardConversion.png
    1000 x 1000 - 615K
  • dawnblade said:

My very first purchase in the Daz store included War Mage for G2M and Royal Guard for G2M, still among my favorite outfits. Here is War Mage on G8M, which converted without issue thanks to your converter!

I could use help converting Royal Guard, especially these items shown: Leather Tunic, Bicep Armor, Arm Gauntlets, Pants, Shin Armor, and Boots.

Thanks!

The war mage looks great!  

Unfortunately, there is something different with the Royal Guard and it converts wrong.  Both Sickleyield and I tried this during testing.  She even tried doing the conversion the manual way and it still wouldn't work.  This is one that we can't fix. sad

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

Unfortunately, there is something different with the Royal Guard and it converts wrong.  Both Sickleyield and I tried this during testing.  She even tried doing the conversion the manual way and it still wouldn't work.  This is one that we can't fix. sad

Thank you! No worries on Royal Guard. Sounds like you both put in a lot of effort to convert it, so I can't complain. Thanks again! smiley

Yeah, there is something seriously odd about Royal Guard, it looks great but underperforms in a lot of ways when you try to do different shapes or move it between figures.  Its a shame, because it does look great and it could be very versatile.

• Yeah, there is something seriously odd about Royal Guard, it looks great but underperforms in a lot of ways when you try to do different shapes or move it between figures.  Its a shame, because it does look great and it could be very versatile.

I know we were disappointed.  We wanted to use it in promos and I wanted to use it in a Now-Crowd product sad

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,750

Is there a (at least somewhat) comprehensive list of problem products/pieces? Or any list?

• xyer0 said:

Is there a (at least somewhat) comprehensive list of problem products/pieces? Or any list?

No, there is not.  

• dawnblade said:

Thanks!

I could never get the Royal Guard to work correctly on G2M, the figure it was designed for. I didn't even bother trying to convert it. ;) I know I'm late to the party, but I wanted to say how great these converters are and thank you for offering them. Almost every item converts beautifully without issue and I sincerely appreciate that!
  • GlenWebb said:
    dawnblade said:

Thanks!

I could never get the Royal Guard to work correctly on G2M, the figure it was designed for. I didn't even bother trying to convert it. ;) I know I'm late to the party, but I wanted to say how great these converters are and thank you for offering them. Almost every item converts beautifully without issue and I sincerely appreciate that!

You are very welcome!  I am glad you like them.

• PsyckosamaPsyckosama Posts: 495
    edited March 2019

Edit: Fixed it.

Post edited by Psyckosama on
  • RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,380

Edit: Fixed it.

???