32nd Daz3D Bryce Render challenge ### In The Dark Of The Night ###

Comments

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444

adbc, horo, henryhor,  thanks for the comments

Jamahoney... you brought back many memories of all the Hammer films... Having grown up with Bella Lugosi as Dracula, I had to warm up to Christopher Lee's incarnation... He turned out to be a great Dracula...When I was in High School I used to go to the Drive In movies for Dracula or "blood" triple features... Blood of Dracula, Castle of Dracula, Brides of Dracula, et al... I started noticing that the same sets were pretty much used for all the films... not high budget... but scary and fun!

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791

Hahe, Mtnmen...on the same sets...I'm always looking at the backgrounds in some films (eg. one room - not the great hall - in the Harry Potter series got great use). That said, street scenes are the same, and I always look out for the extra actors in the background where they repeateadly walk in and out of set...so...so funnylaugh).

Jay

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,166

Mtnman  - beautiful scene, the lighting is superb.

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 2,044
    edited November 2018

Hansmar:  the Astronaut  -very good

Jamahoney: The Dark Web - good idea, well done

StuartB:  No idea.....it just appeared in the night.....over.  - very well, done
    Mordor By Night  - looks like a volcano lava flow

adbc:   The darkest night  -very good, Could be from Jason and the Argonauts -and that other one, which not recalling off hand

mtnmen:  Ah, Listen, Children of the night  -does look like these old vampyre movies

And Thanks to All

Post edited by ed3D on
    edited November 2018

Entry No. 1

Title:   the Big Leopard

_

BIG-PATHR-2-FF.jpg
    1134 x 850 - 133K
    Post edited by ed3D on
    edited November 2018

Entry No. 2

Title:   the Witch's Night

HALWN-WITH-2-FF.jpg
    1134 x 850 - 150K
    Post edited by ed3D on
  • SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911
    ed3D said:

Entry No. 1

Title:   the Big Leopard

ed3D, why do you use this ugly tree by default all the time? If you cannot change it in the Tree Lab, then there are a lot of different trees in the library (111 pieces). Just press Alt + click on the tree icon in the creation palette. 

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791

Thanks, Ed3D...and love the updates - the witch one is lit wonderfully, and the leopard is very scary-looking.

Jay

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,115

ed3D : thanks. Nice updates !

• HenryhorHenryhor Posts: 258

@ ed3D: much better lighting for the Big Cat. And it was a bright idea to make the star shine in N°. 2.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,280

ed3D - definitely improved.

edited November 2018

Ed3D - improved updates, I like both your entries.

Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited November 2018
    Slepalex said:

ed3D, why do you use this ugly tree by default all the time? If you cannot change it in the Tree Lab, then there are a lot of different trees in the library (111 pieces). Just press Alt + click on the tree icon in the creation palette. 

_Because, put in trees Then work on  Scene and then Not really do much with trees    _thanks

Post edited by ed3D on
    edited November 2018

Jamahoney, adbc, Henryhor, Horo, mermaid010:   Thanks very much

Post edited by ed3D on
  • Biomechanical Birthpools - DubCowRentalCrew

181111+2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • Playing with fire - DubCowRentalCrew

181113+7.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

@ gerardmelis31

Are they entries for the render challenge ??????? 

• S RayS Ray Posts: 398

Entry #1  The Witch Queen

The Witch Queen.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 454K
  • HenryhorHenryhor Posts: 258

@ S Ray: an impressive "magic wand" she has. Nice lighting.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,280

S Ray - excellent lighting.

S Ray - I agree with the others, great lighting.

• @ StuartB: Sorry, had overlooked your entry.
    Mordor By Night is a great texture job. actually looks like lava.

@ mtnmen: Nicely done. I had to think of the title of the old Christopher Lee films alone.

@ ed3D: Very nice improvements. The colors of the Big Leopard are great.

@ S Ray: Wonderful volumetric light. Good work.

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444

@sray... very nice lighting...very moody

Drachenlords...thanks for the comment...  and as for the Christopher Lee movie titles.. you could have _________ of Dracula and put just about anything in the blank... Blood ...Castle...Tomb... Brides... They made so many of them... I loved them as a youth...oh so long ago..

Steve

• @ mtnmen: Oh yes, I loved these old films as a child - and also feared. As a child, a guy with long canines is already scary * lol *

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,797

S Ray: Great light and dangerous looking lady. Wonderfully rendered.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    mtnmen said:
    you could have _________ of Dracula and put just about anything in the blank... Blood ...Castle...Tomb... Brides...

I was always a fan of The Kittens of Dracula.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,115

S Ray : I agree with everyone else : great lighting.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

I know we still have a while to go on this one,   but I am thinking ahead to the next one.

It will start sort of mid December and go through to the end of January,  so will cover most of the Winter festiveties, regardless where you live and what you celebrate.

So do you want to do a festive type challenge?    if not any ideas what theme we can have, either one from the existing lists or a new one?

• A Holiday theme works for me.

Happy Thanksgiving to US Brycers!

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,797
    edited November 2018

Chohole: Yep, winter festivities is nice for me though. I guess people can bring out the fireworks and start the year with a bang!

For the present challenge, I finally found time to create something as second entry.

Most things are freebies, largely from Archive3d. Posing of figures in DAZ Studio. Texturing, when no texture included, in Bryce and scene set-up, lighting, and rendering also in Bryce (of course). I created the bed cover in Hexagon. 

Title: "Papa said, there is nothing to be afraid of in the dark."

Don't be afraid.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 716K
    Post edited by Hansmar on