Hexagon BETA - version 2.5.2.137! (*UPDATED*)

1234568»

Comments

• Is there a way to see when these posts have been made?  I just returned to see whats has changed since I been gone for to many years now.

Thanks

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063

Hover the mouse pointer over the time.

Dana

• Mahalo DanaTA!

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,183

Got a little surprise when I sorted the shop Price Low-High...

• Saxa -- SDSaxa -- SD Posts: 871
    edited April 2023

See supported now includes DS again - DS 4.21, the latest.

Product descrip Link shows same version and DIM shows no update cos already have that.

Still a positive sign, compared to before when DS dropped totally from 'supported' when checking the product descrip smiley

https://www.daz3d.com/hexagon-beta

hexagon Beta back.JPG
    1846 x 664 - 140K
    Post edited by Saxa -- SD on
  • This tidying up an error from the store chnageover, I'm afraid, not a sign of anything new in the works.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,183

Maybe, but the fact that it is available again is good news, for me, anyway. I never got around to it back then.

edited April 2023

In my support ticket to Daz, posted in these threads - didn't get that certain answer.  Just that is was known, intended and otherwise no direction. So good to see clarity.

Resumed availablity of Hex Beta is a good thing.   smiley

My one issue that I hope they deal with one day is memory management.  Have 128GB ram. Still sculpting - will eventually slow down and then if keep sculpting, especially smoothing, it will get internal error pop-up.  This is a regular feature for years.  Fix is as soon as see slow down, just stop sculpting, send to DAZ, save morph, close Hex, and then resend to Hex to open new session.  Bit like DS scene sessions. Just close and start a new one to be safest. Perhaps DS improved that, but shutting down and loading a fresh scene just works reliably. 

• CS was mistaken in that case, the beta should not have been taken down.

edited April 2023

Hi, there seems to be a conflict.

On June 16, 2022 had a reply to DS ticket 411047, if you want to double-check.

CS kindly shared and wrote:  "Thank you for your patience regarding this, I apologize for the delay. I have just heard back that the Hexagon beta was intentionally disabled, (snip). If you would like, you can update the forums and confirm that this beta was disabled on our end intentionally. Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Have a great day!"

Normally wouldn't share part of a CS ticket content, though did ask as you can see what I could post. Do feel my previous posting is being fully categorized as based on an error, when I actually made effort to discern if this was an accident or not.

Still main thing is availability is back. smiley

• CS may have been given the wrong information, ours came from the dev team.

• Hi
    I got a brand new macPro running on Ventura (mac OS 13), and I can't get the 64 bit version from the DAZ download manager... Am I doing something wrong? Is a 64bits mac version still available?

Thanks for your answers

Renaud

• JRHartleyJRHartley Posts: 1

TropicalRain said:

Is there a way to see when these posts have been made?  I just returned to see whats has changed since I been gone for to many years now.

Thanks

• PlatnumkPlatnumk Posts: 663

renaud.ricadat said:

Hi
    I got a brand new macPro running on Ventura (mac OS 13), and I can't get the 64 bit version from the DAZ download manager... Am I doing something wrong? Is a 64bits mac version still available?

Thanks for your answers

Renaud

Good luck in getting a verson that works on the latest MacOS as Daz has never released a 64bit version for the Mac 

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,106

This is such a great modeler! The bridge is super handy as well - almost like having a modeler within Studio. Big fan!

I mean... I'm sure that most "Pro Modelers" are already using something from the expensive collection - I know there are some who use Hex - but for someone like me who doesn't want to spend all my time modeling, but still need to do it from time to time... this thing Rocks!!! 

I can feel the similarities with Carrara - both being made by Eovia and all, but I'm still more proficient in the big Rarra. Getting more and more used to Carrara's younger brother every time I load it up though! 

Thanks for this Daz 3d!