Hexagon BETA - version 2.5.2.137! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• Saxa -- SDSaxa -- SD Posts: 871

As of Beta 4.16.1.43, HexBeta still works fine for me via bridge.

Would recco you uninstall and reinstall Hex to see if that fixes it.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086

What is happening with the 64 bit version?  Anything?

Dana

• AmaranthAmaranth Posts: 406

Really strange it is behaving again, maybe it just wanted a day off ;-)

• Great news Amaranth, that's March Madness for ya :)

Thankfully everything is fine again, it must have been a worry not being able to get things done.

• LongShanks69LongShanks69 Posts: 4
    edited March 2022

I have also been having issues with the Hexagon to Daz bridge.  Have tried the "try it 3 times" approach wihtout any luck.  Even a simple Cube wihtout textures does not go across.  Fingers crossed that support will get back to me and I can link to the beta version.

OK- managed to resolve - the bridge was pointing to the wrong location - recent updates to the DAZ install had changed the location of the DAZ applicaiton from when I had originally done the installation.

Post edited by LongShanks69 on
  • Did the Hexagon windows Beta 64 bit disappear off of DIM or where ever.  I can't seem to find it.  

• I got myself a new PC last month and DIM worked for me. You can always go to your Product Library and download it again, remember you're after "2.5.2.137 (64 bit) Private Build +BETA+" 

• Wee Dangerous John said:

I got myself a new PC last month and DIM worked for me. You can always go to your Product Library and download it again, remember you're after "2.5.2.137 (64 bit) Private Build +BETA+" 

Thanks for the info.  I don't have DIM installed.  I have Daz Central.  Will DC also show the Beta?  I can't seem to find it in there

• Nevermind, I went ahead and installed DIM and got it.  Thanks again!

• Hope every thing works for you, oh remember to turn off local redraw.

I much prefer DIM to DAZ Central, I'm too old to learn new stuff laugh

Hope every thing works for you, oh remember to turn off local redraw.

Thanks! Unfortunately the Hexagon private build Beta is no longer available. :(

• All I can suggest is fill in a ticket (contact us, see bottom of page) and ask if they will add it to your account - you never know till you ask devil

Have they abandoned the 64 bit version?

Dana

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,063

DanaTA said:

Dana

Officially, no. But considering that nothing has happened in nearly four years - effectively, yes.

namffuak said:

DanaTA said:

Dana

Officially, no. But considering that nothing has happened in nearly four years - effectively, yes.

That's too bad.

Dana 

All I can suggest is fill in a ticket (contact us, see bottom of page) and ask if they will add it to your account - you never know till you ask devil

I did submit a ticket.  Unfortunately they will not add it to my DIM.  I should have saved the file when I had it before I had to wipe my PC.  Lots of potential unrealized.  

BlackTalonArts said:

Wee Dangerous John said:

Hope every thing works for you, oh remember to turn off local redraw.

Thanks! Unfortunately the Hexagon private build Beta is no longer available. :(

Hey just to be clear.

There were supposedly 3 builds (see screenshot).
    Beta Public which i have and Beta Private (which you refer to and I never had).
    Which one is it you can't get?

Hexagon.JPG
    1136 x 831 - 117K
  • Beta is closed and not avaiable for download ,an i was the only thats have bought the software after its now free angry

edited May 2022

Just checked DAZ store.  Only Daz Hexagon Non-Beta or Main-Product showing when ticking "show Owned items" too.  Still in my product library though.

Hmmm. So, wonder what is happening? 

So can users still buy/install Hex Non-Beta?  Looks like it?

Would be nice for clarification. Especially those of us who still have as workflow and rely on this.  And of course for the next gen of users.

Does support end? Or is there a new version?  Hopefully DAZ will clarify sooner rather than later?

Edit> Maybe related to latest DS-Beta changelog, where morphs & reverse deforms are modified?

Post edited by Saxa -- SD on
  • I re-installed hexagon a little while back, and I'm using 2.5.2.137. Here are a few screengrabs of the banners, also the result of a "hexagon" search in my Product Library.

Hex version 2.5.2.137 banners.jpg
    1902 x 1015 - 303K
  • Hi!

Not sure if it is here where I have to post this question, but I wanted to know if Hexagon is free for commercial purposes. Never found a license text or similar. I found a Daz3D license, but not sure if it applies to Hexagon particularly.

Maybe that question has been already answered in other forums, but I don't really find anything about that.

Thanks!

Unofficial update On Hex-Beta.

1. DAZ ticket customer support provided explicit written permission to share this.
    (Caveat - mods at this forum remain in charge of what and how things are posted.  Hello Richard.)
    2. Hex-Beta is unavailable to new users.  Regular Hex remains available.
    3. For those who do have Hex-Beta, a test at DAZ's end showed that latest DAZ Beta (should be 4.20.1.43) bridged just fine with a basic test to Hex-Beta.
    (Still on pre-4.20 beta myself).
    4. Got this reply a week ago.  Customer support then had submitted a query as to Hex-Beta status.  Noted that a reply timeframe was unknown.
    5. Will update if get anything more, or perhaps there will be something official.

• Panchete, if you want to know if the props you make with Hexagon can be sold then I would say yes. Quite a few DAZ PA's use Hexagon to produce their props, clothes, morphs etc. If in doubt fill in a ticket below (Contact Us) and ask. 

Have you any renders of what you have made ?  

• edited June 2022

Hello, Wee Dangerous John... I haven't made anything yet, but before doing something I would want to know if it was possible to sell models made in Hexagon.

I guess that some of the props that we see from Daz Publisher Artists are made with Hexagon, but I would like to know if Hexagon is available for commercial use everywhere.

I mean... Can I model a WWII tank in Hexagon and sell it in CGtrader? Or can I model  a bottle of wine in Hexagon and sell it in Cults3D?  That's my question.

Wee Dangerous John said:

Panchete, if you want to know if the props you make with Hexagon can be sold then I would say yes. Quite a few DAZ PA's use Hexagon to produce their props, clothes, morphs etc. If in doubt fill in a ticket below (Contact Us) and ask. 

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • panchete_c6e9948bf1 said:

Hello, Wee Dangerous John... I haven't made anything yet, but before doing something I would want to know if it was possible to sell models made in Hexagon.

I guess that some of the props that we see from Daz Publisher Artists are made with Hexagon, but I would like to know if Hexagon is available for commercial use everywhere.

I mean... Can I model a WWII tank in Hexagon and sell it in CGtrader? Or can I model  a bottle of wine in Hexagon and sell it in Cults3D?  That's my question.

Wee Dangerous John said:

Panchete, if you want to know if the props you make with Hexagon can be sold then I would say yes. Quite a few DAZ PA's use Hexagon to produce their props, clothes, morphs etc. If in doubt fill in a ticket below (Contact Us) and ask. 

Yes, content you make yourself is yours to do with as you wish, including sell. Obviously if you use an existing model of any kind as a starting point then the license for that determines what you can do with it, passing through Hexagon does not add or remove restrictions.

Got update from Daz customer support.  Again said could post this.

Confirmed.  Hexagon Beta is disabled intentionally.

We will have to wait for official update to see what is next.  No timeframes.

• Richard Haseltine said:

Yes, content you make yourself is yours to do with as you wish, including sell. Obviously if you use an existing model of any kind as a starting point then the license for that determines what you can do with it, passing through Hexagon does not add or remove restrictions.

Fantastic! That's just what I wanted to know. Yes, obviously if I use a third person model as starting point, the model will have a kind of license, which is not going to change if I pass it through Hexagon, Blender, Wings3D or whatever software. I only wanted to know if Hexagon may be used for commercial use, because there are other free 3D software (like SketchUp Free, Rocket 3F or Clara.io), which, even being free, are intended for non-commmercial use. And there's no info about Hexagon about that.

So, thanks for the reply! :)

• Windows 10 tells me that Hexagon is an incompatible program.  Anyone know what the problem is?

• NovaNova Posts: 214
    edited November 2022

Hello,

Currently, we haven't noticed any problems with Hexagon running on Windows 10.

Hexagon runs on 3 computers, all with Windows 10 Pro.

We will soon also test it on Windows 11

When using Windows 10, minor performance degradation of Hexagon can be observed.

01.PNG
    423 x 104 - 4K
    Post edited by Nova on
  • I've upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11, and have not had any real problems on either system (touch wood).