Hexagon BETA - version 2.5.2.137! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744
    edited July 2019

Found it...

Hexagon-Pref-NoNews.png
    625 x 504 - 32K
    Post edited by JonnyRay on
  • RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited July 2019

Hi guys

Long time no see :) 

Got frustrated at the lack of progress, so went over to the dark (Blender) side a few years back.  Popped in to see how things were going and found to my delight that my favourite modeller was getting some love at last - well done Daz.

I've been testing for less than a day - so far so good!

Also good to see some of the old faces still here - Wee Dangerous John, Chohole, de3an, Ascania, Richard still giving great advice and a lot new ones as well, which bodes well.

Cheers

Roy

Post edited by Roygee on
  • Hi Roygee, welcome back to the light. Hope you've been well :)

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247

Thanks John:)

i'm in the same boat as Hex - 76 years old and recovering from quad bypass surgery!

You've certainly got along well with your modelling, as I see from your Daz store

• ThalekThalek Posts: 318
    Roygee said:

Thanks John:)

i'm in the same boat as Hex - 76 years old and recovering from quad bypass surgery!

You've certainly got along well with your modelling, as I see from your Daz store

Hope you make a full recovery, and that they had no problems welding your vertices back together.

• rahimuddin4937rahimuddin4937 Posts: 0
    edited September 2019

I can't get the serial number . However I get  the serial nunber. Please help me.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • I can't get the serial number . However I get  the serial nunber. Please help me.

https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/serialnumbers

• lexbairdlexbaird Posts: 167

Any word on 64-bit support on Mac? My new rig won't run the older 32 bit version.

• Same, I would like to know if the 64 version for the mac bit is still coming. I'll be updating to the new OS soon.  

• Hi, I was using Hexagon without any issues, I recently updated my macbooks software and to my surorise, Hexagon does not open anymore. I receive this message :

"“Hexagon” needs to be updated. The developer of this app needs to update it to work with this version of macOS. Contact the developer for more information."

Can anyone assist me? 

Thanks in advance 

• elecbuk22 said:

Hi, I was using Hexagon without any issues, I recently updated my macbooks software and to my surorise, Hexagon does not open anymore. I receive this message :

"“Hexagon” needs to be updated. The developer of this app needs to update it to work with this version of macOS. Contact the developer for more information."

Can anyone assist me? 

Thanks in advance 

Mac version is still 32 bit so it won't run in Catalina.

• Hi guys, someone have some news about the 64 bit Hexagon app for Catalina??

Thanks in advance

• Whoever developed the smoothing brush in Hexagon should win the Nobel Peace Prize. 

Every once a while run into a tool that just works so well.  Well that, the soft selection and the Bridge and the Morph loader. Can't believe I almost passed over this whole toolset.  Thanks to an Arki Tut showing morphs & ERC I tried this and was amazed how well the toolset works.  Can crank out so many morphs fast and easy. 

Big thanks to whoever made all these well-thought out tools. smiley

• I've set up the instal manger as directed but I'm not seeing the Hex beta. Is it still available? -

The version I have installed is 2.5.2.109.

• sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992

I just "purchased" the Beta and when I downloaded the exe for manual install, it wants to install the program in Windows (x86), which is the 32-bit application folder.  Is it installing the 64-bit or 32-bit version?  (And, yes, my pc is running Win 10 64-bit). (And I don't use DIM or install manager, only manual.)

• sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992

And are you sure this is REALLY the current beta?  Because I just downloaded the zip file to see what was in it (it's MAC version) and it was DATED 2008!

• Any news on the 64bit version for Mac please.... This seems to have been an ongoing question for 3 years and there doesnt seem to be an answer anywhere... Help please, just a clue would be good. 

• kenmokenmo Posts: 895

Cool. Many thanks for the map of Hex shortcuts. I have a similar one for Silo3D.. It'll be very handy. Cheers

• galac_0d870a817dgalac_0d870a817d Posts: 3
    edited April 2020

It's now April 27, 2020.  Hexagon *...137 works fairly well, but there are still a huge number of bugs.  I like the program, but will have to find other software if these bugs aren't fixed soon.  PLEASE, can you tell me (us) if you're serious about further developing Hexagon???  I spend many hours every day working with it, and am REALLY tired of the time I keep losing because of the bugs (including instability/crashes).  Please just confirm that you're working to solve the bugs???  Or have you abandoned any further development, as seems to be the case???

Post edited by galac_0d870a817d on
  • lexbairdlexbaird Posts: 167

It's now April 27, 2020.  ...Or have you abandoned any further development, as seems to be the case???

Laughs in Mac Catalina OS10.15. Welcome to the club.

• ProtozoonProtozoon Posts: 550
    edited May 2020

It's now April 27, 2020.  Hexagon *...137 works fairly well, but there are still a huge number of bugs.  I like the program, but will have to find other software if these bugs aren't fixed soon.  PLEASE, can you tell me (us) if you're serious about further developing Hexagon???  I spend many hours every day working with it, and am REALLY tired of the time I keep losing because of the bugs (including instability/crashes).  Please just confirm that you're working to solve the bugs???  Or have you abandoned any further development, as seems to be the case???

Hi!

I have done all my stuff in Hexagon and with my workflow I don't get crashes or see many bugs (or have become blind of them XD). What are the major bugs you experience? I ask because I might have a workaround or something for them.

-P-

Post edited by Protozoon on
  • RaytownmikeRaytownmike Posts: 58

This development for the MacOS is taking forever, why????

• Is this program still something DAZ is supporting/working on?

• Ich finde es Schade das Hex nicht mehr weiter entwickelt wird. Man konnte da sehr schöne Sachen mit anstellen. Das Schiff ist mit Hexagon erstellt worden

HMS Hood.jpg
    6000 x 2553 - 980K
  • rdudarduda Posts: 579

Well.. add me to the list, finally got a new Mac and I find Hexagon wont work on it problem... I'll keep my eyes open for the update but I have to keep working so I'll start looking at Blender. This just sucks :(

• Bonjour,

où télécharger cette version annoncée

en vous remerciant, D.C

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,932

Bonjour.

Les versions bêta sont téléchargées via l'outil Daz Install Manager.

Il faut d'abord "acheter" le produit correspondant à la bêta (gratuitement) : https://www.daz3d.com/hexagon-beta

Ensuite il devrait apparaître dans la liste des téléchargements disponibles dans DIM. Le package correspondant à une bêta contient la mention "public build". Il se peut que vous ayez à modifier les filtres appliqués dans l'outil DIM pour les faire apparaître, par défaut il me semble que les versions bêta sont cachées.

• Bonjour,

merci pour votre réponse rapide
    à "l'époque", j'avais acheté" une version Beta, mais je ne sais pas à quelle version elle correspond, la 2.5.2.109, ou 2.5.2.137, c'est cette dernière qui m'intéresse, vu que j'ai la 2.5.2.109 "normale"
    en effet, dans DIM, j'ai bien les "beta", mais laquelle correpond à la version 2.5.2.137 ?
    pour info, j'ai le même problème avec une version beta de Carrara, "achetée" à l'époque, mai absente de DIM

en vous remerciant, amicalement, Dany

hexagon_beta.jpg
    383 x 273 - 28K
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 10,932

C'est toujours la dernière version en date de la bêta et de la release qui sont disponibles en téléchargement.
    Les 3 fichiers marqués "public build" correspondent bien à la 2.5.2.137. 

Pour ce qui est de Carrara, je ne suis pas sûre qu'il y ait une bêta en cours depuis la dernière release.

• Merci smiley c'est OK, ça marche !!  j'ai téléchargé la version pour Win 64

pour Carrara, il y a eu une version Beta > Carrara 8 Beta 8.1.0.153, que j'ai dans My Account / Product Library, mais pas dans DIM, malgré le filtre Public Build

merci encore, amicalement, Dany

carrara.jpg
    1038 x 425 - 94K