[Tutorial] Starting out with Geo-Grafting (repost)

124»

Comments

• rickfoxxx7@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 186
    edited August 2016

Is it possible that a geografted model Subdivision level 2 fits to a Genesis model Subdivision level 1?

Post edited by [email protected] on
  • The GeoGraft may not be hard-SubDed (that is, the base resolution must match the parent figure). I think that the SubD level applied to the graft will be inherited from the parent, not taken from the figure's own setting, in order to keep them matched.

• The GeoGraft may not be hard-SubDed (that is, the base resolution must match the parent figure). I think that the SubD level applied to the graft will be inherited from the parent, not taken from the figure's own setting, in order to keep them matched.

Oh. Ok. Thanks. 

• Hi, I followed the tutorial and it worked, but my prop is not seamless with the figure. Is it because my original prop was not an exact match to the figure mesh, or is the geograft supposed to connect meshes?

• For a GeoGraft to graft the ring of vertics where it meets the base must exactly match the ring of vertices on the base.

• I can't figure out why whenever I use more than one graft on a charecter one of them is grey. its like I can only use textures on one at a time. is there a fix for this?

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,381

Nope, there's no such a limitation... You just need to copy / apply material from the related Surface from Genesis figure to the grafts. If you make unique UVs on the grafts, assign texture maps accordingly.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,524

dcardone1986 said:

I can't figure out why whenever I use more than one graft on a charecter one of them is grey. its like I can only use textures on one at a time. is there a fix for this?

This sounds less like a problem with geografts than with geoshells. Geoshells can conflict with each other with opacity settings and mesh offset. Depending on where the geografts are (for example, anatomical elements and a cybernetic forearm), and how the UVs are set up, you might be able to use a single geoshell for multiple geografts.

• dcardone1986dcardone1986 Posts: 16
    edited February 15

Gordig said:

dcardone1986 said:

I can't figure out why whenever I use more than one graft on a charecter one of them is grey. its like I can only use textures on one at a time. is there a fix for this?

This sounds less like a problem with geografts than with geoshells. Geoshells can conflict with each other with opacity settings and mesh offset. Depending on where the geografts are (for example, anatomical elements and a cybernetic forearm), and how the UVs are set up, you might be able to use a single geoshell for multiple geografts.

Yeah I'm sorry. I have no idea how to impliment what your saying

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,381

The case of geografts + geoshells is different. It's simple to check ~  Is there a geoshell(s) on the figure ? If there is, the solution will be different.