Show us your 3Delight renders

Comments

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,255

They were heading for the garden in the morning when Severus catches sight of the wolf. He retreats into the manor house, telling her that the wolf was a creation of the Dark Lord. 

"No. He's a friend," Hermione insists, but Severus is adamant. 

There is a fountain where the wolf drinks, at the edge of the grounds. Hermione and the wolf discuss the situation. Hermione comes to several realizations.

The wolf is a guardian. Yes. The wolf is also the trap. And, yes, he admits that the Dark Lord brought him into existence. 

He tells Hermione to meet him before the door to the manor by the sword in the stone at noon.

14-Fountain.jpg
    799 x 1365 - 303K
  • nattaruknattaruk Posts: 525

Jenni In The Graveyard

Something horrible approaches...

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

nattaruk said:

Jenni In The Graveyard

Something horrible approaches...

...and that was the end of poor Jenni? Nice one:) 

...nothing to see here, carry on...

...some more random (test)renders from my awe thread...mostly non-artisticlaugh

Thank you for your patience:))

At noon, Hermione brings Severus to the door of the manor and descends the terrace to the stone which holds the sword.

The wolf arrives. But he is no longer a friend. 

Severus rushes down the stairs, grasps the sword and slays the wolf. The wolf's body vanishes. Everything goes black.

Hermione wakes in St Mungo's. The Headmaster, awake, is sitting in a chair next to her bed.

15-Attack.jpg
    797 x 1367 - 155K
  • MisselthwaiteMisselthwaite Posts: 959

Awesome renders!  I haven't finished this yet, but it's getting there... had a weird glitch with the sewer light kit, it kept freezing on the uberlights on render.  I never use uberlights, so I just started deleting ones that were out of frame until it rendered.  At least I didn't have to start from scratch completely...

SewerHunt WIP sm.jpg
    778 x 1200 - 755K

Misselthwaite said:

Awesome renders!  I haven't finished this yet, but it's getting there... had a weird glitch with the sewer light kit, it kept freezing on the uberlights on render.  I never use uberlights, so I just started deleting ones that were out of frame until it rendered.  At least I didn't have to start from scratch completely...

Oh...do I anticipate a kind of new (more "photo-real") style here? Cool:)

• MisselthwaiteMisselthwaite Posts: 959

Sven Dullah said:

Misselthwaite said:

Oh...do I anticipate a kind of new (more "photo-real") style here? Cool:)

Photo-real?  Ummm.... well, more untouched render, I guess?  It's just 3DL, so I don't think of photo-real much in that context.  Hmm.  I suppose it has been a while since I didn't layer on edges and such.  As it is, I only added some fog and lightrays/glow... and a screen layer, because thanks to you I remember I have my screen set brighter than norm ;-)  Oh, and slime.  Can't have a demon-hound without slime...

Misselthwaite said:

Photo-real?  Ummm.... well, more untouched render, I guess?  It's just 3DL, so I don't think of photo-real much in that context.  Hmm.  I suppose it has been a while since I didn't layer on edges and such.  As it is, I only added some fog and lightrays/glow... and a screen layer, because thanks to you I remember I have my screen set brighter than norm ;-)  Oh, and slime.  Can't have a demon-hound without slime...

Heh, nice slime lol! Yeah it has very good lighting that adds some nice depth and contrast! 

• hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,025

Sven, that second shot of the corridor is amazing..

hacsart said:

Sven, that second shot of the corridor is amazing..

Tks mate, much appreciated! 

• mmalbertmmalbert Posts: 412
    edited May 2021

I'm in a Halloween mood a lot. Even if it's off season. :) Been playing with unconvention witches renders. This one started out in iray because the new DAZ Housecat only had iray materials, but the black cat's iray materials are not so great. No matter what lighting I tried, it was just a solid black blob. And the shadows on the satin shader I used on the dress made some ugly black blobby shadows too.

So I gave up, switched to 3Delight, converted the dang cat to UberSurface, and was a lot happier with the way it looked (except for its plunger butt...fixed a little of it in PSP with the mesh warp brush but it still look like a plunger, ugh.)

A little postwork in Topaz.

Witchy_Small_3DL.png
    900 x 900 - 2M
    Post edited by mmalbert on

Nice work on that. G2F had some very nice period costumes, I think I recognize that one. 

Thanks. That's the Penny Dreadful dress on Ninive 6.

Genesis 2 and Victoria 4 had a lot of nice historical(ish) dresses. Whenever I do an historical or historical fantasy render I usually go to those two generations. I'm a "use whatever figure works for the render idea" so I'm not picky about generations. Genesis 8 is getting a nice selection of fantasy and historical(ish) gowns too. Using G8F a little more frequently now for those historical fantasy renders.

Also used the hat from Love Potion for G2F, with the Sugar Roses. Tree from Dark Trees Pack and this autumn leaf prop.

Retextured the dress and hat with a linen tile from Fabiana's Shader Plan - Iray Lace and Linen from Rendo.

I have another witchy render that's failing in iray so I might be back to post one more image. :)

Depends on how much I have to do today. I'd converted the old R-75 motorcycle and side car to a sleek black beast in iray -- it looked so nice! -- and now I'll have to try and get it to look as close as possible in 3DL. I don't have a lot of car paint suitable shaders for that sort of thing in 3DL so I'm going to have to do some experimenting.

I thought that was the Penny Dreadful dress. I've used it on G8F fairly well. I can't off the top of my head remember whether I ran it through the RSSY clothing convertor or not. I probably did, but somtimes things work reasonably well without that.

It seems to take shaders rather well. The series that I did which used it is here:

http://www.redhen-publications.com/giftfest-2019.html

The female model is a much modified Dial spin based on D. Master's Anna.

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933

mmalbert said:

the new DAZ Housecat

You managed to make it look like a cat and not a stuffed zombie, awesome! Did it take much work?

...and does anyone happen to know for sure if it is a legit new model or if it's a weight-mapped MilCat? 

By all accounts, it's a weightmapped MilCat with Iray and fur, and scaled so it no longer loads the size of a cougar.

edited May 2021

Re: the (not exactly new) DAZ House Cat, it doesn't bend as well as the HW House Cat imo, but none of the cat models bend like real cats anyway. Cats are like noodles, I swear. Getting the fur to look like fur didn't take long. The posing took a while. There was also a weird lumpy shape in its chest that I dispatched with the warp mesh brush. 

The Penny Dreadful dress is kinda fun. I don't think its promo renders did it justice. Good to see it looks fine on G8F. I was wondering if it would turn into a mess if autofitted. G2F had another pretty Victorian era dress that I use a lot -- The Victorian Gown. My only issue with it is that the front buttons wander off the dress sometimes; I think it may have to do with changes to the body morphs.

And to keep this on topic, another recent 3DL render I did but I'm not entirely happy with it. I used Marshian's Heavy Rain, and had forgotten it comes with a vehicle headlight preset, which is handy. I turned the opacity way down on the rain props though.

Moon_Gate_Small.png
    950 x 1000 - 2M
    Urban_Alley_Small.png
    800 x 900 - 1M
    Thanks folks! I'll refrain from buying that cat then :)

mmalbert said:

There was also a weird lumpy shape in its chest that I dispatched with the warp mesh brush. 

In post or in DS?

mmalbert said:

This one would look awesome on a notepad kind of stationery :)

Lumpy chest dispatched in Paint Shop Pro. 

I never thought about renders being notepad headers. That's kind of nifty idea! :)

Thanks for explaining :) I had a trial version of PSP years ago (late 90s). 

edited June 2021

...some more utterly stoopid stuff...

Lime-O sky-high

Lime-O NFT

Lime-O Regatta

The Lime-O Tour

A Lime-O Nerd

The Ghost of Lime-O

A Lime-O Hairdryer

Slipping on a Lime-O

NVIATWAS...and a Lime

The Lime Traveller

...this year's winner of the Golden Lime-O Award...

Not a Lime-O

The Lime-O-War

A Lime-O Blast

Post edited by Sven Dullah on

A round of applause for Sven, please!! 

What's the effect on the blast?

edited June 2021

Mustakettu85 said:

A round of applause for Sven, please!! 

What's the effect on the blast?

Heh, tks:) It's just a very simple SM network, actually. Works quite well with the pathtracer although not accepting diffuse rays or shadows. Basically a nice cheat:)) I plugged one edge blend brick into opacity color and another one into ambient color, simple as that. Oh and removed ambient strength limits and set it to probably 500-1000%. Then added 20000 limeslaugh.

Post edited by Sven Dullah on

Fun stuff :) I thought it was some sort of Fluidos conversion :)

• nattaruknattaruk Posts: 525

Limetastic and limederful renders Sven!

A couple of my latest efforts...

Celani Recling

Alondra By The Machine

nattaruk said:

Limetastic and limederful renders Sven!

A couple of my latest efforts...

Tks! And likewise, always liked your b&w renders, also cool looking body paint! 

edited June 2021

I have the Cinco de Limo but have never reached such heights of creativity using it, lol. That was a fun post to look through, Sven.

So real life got in the way (as usual) but I did manage to get a decent 3DL render with one of my unconventional witches. Using Crone for Etta for Edie 8. :D Everyone -- except Mandragora -- is very concerned about the Halloween Hooch. Given the witch's driving, they probably did some sampling before hitting the road to the party.

I was mostly inspired for this one by buying badkitteh's Classic Biker Gear TWO for G8F. It's such a fun, retro outfit. 

Ran it through Topaz Clean for an illustrated look.

Witchy 02 3DL 1400x1400.png
    1400 x 1400 - 5M
    edited June 2021

And one more, non-wtichy. I used IBL Master on this one, which I keep forgetting I own. It's a redo of an older render I did some time back. I reworked the 3DL materials for one of Yura's space suits for G8F. 

I have a soft spot for that little tin robot freebie from Lab108.

One_Tin_Robot_Walks_Away.png
    845 x 1000 - 2M
This discussion has been closed.