Show us your 3Delight renders

Comments

• Wow!  Haven't logged in for a while, and lots of lovely things to look at when I pop in :-)  I decided not to bother adding things to the gallery on Daz, so I'll just post here, instead.  A lot of the FX are in Daz, with additional ones added in postwork (I do love Deviney's Sparks :-) )  I probably could have added them in Daz, but I didn't think about them until after, so that's my excuse, if I need one!  I did make an ambient map for the Road to Hell set to get the glowing bits between the pavers, and the halo, sword-trail and rainbow FX are in Daz, and the initial smoke/fog bits too.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Misselthwaite said:

Wow!  Haven't logged in for a while, and lots of lovely things to look at when I pop in :-)  I decided not to bother adding things to the gallery on Daz, so I'll just post here, instead.  A lot of the FX are in Daz, with additional ones added in postwork (I do love Deviney's Sparks :-) )  I probably could have added them in Daz, but I didn't think about them until after, so that's my excuse, if I need one!  I did make an ambient map for the Road to Hell set to get the glowing bits between the pavers, and the halo, sword-trail and rainbow FX are in Daz, and the initial smoke/fog bits too.

Well that's simply gorgeous!! Massive Respect:-) Love every aspect of it!

• Thank you very much, Sven, that means a lot!!! :-)

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933

Misselthwaite said:

A lot of the FX are in Daz

Did you use Fluidos and Parsis?
  • Mustakettu85 said:

Misselthwaite said:

No, just FX planes, actually - way easier on my poor little system, and much faster to render, overall.  Much cheaper, too ;-)

edited April 2021

...just a totally random piece of non-art...

...deriving from this piece of non-art:

Post edited by Sven Dullah on

Mustakettu85 said:

Misselthwaite said:

No, just FX planes, actually - way easier on my poor little system, and much faster to render, overall.  Much cheaper, too ;-)

Thank you for explaining))
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,255

Those FX planes are very useful indeed. Jepe dd quite a line of them back before Iray was a thing. He reissued most of them in Iray. But the 3DL ones ought to still be in the store. Or included in the download with the Iray versions.

• JOdel said:

Those FX planes are very useful indeed. Jepe dd quite a line of them back before Iray was a thing. He reissued most of them in Iray. But the 3DL ones ought to still be in the store. Or included in the download with the Iray versions.

Exactly; I used Jepe's PlateZ II, Jepe's ElementZ (which is Iray, but they are all just transparencies and such anyway, so easy to change to 3DL), the Harbinger halo, and the RDNA Atmospherics fog. Easy-peasy :-)  The Jepe's ones have morphs, so you can change their shape which makes them very easy to integrate into a scene without getting stuck with a flat billboard effect.

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235
    edited April 2021

A couple of efforts from me:

Outpost_3dl_01.jpg
    1778 x 1000 - 2M
    Outpost_3dl_06.jpg
    1800 x 1000 - 2M
    Post edited by Vyusur on
    edited April 2021

Vyusur said:

Beautiful!smiley

Sven Dullah said:

Vyusur said:

Beautiful!smiley

Thank you!

I feel like being a disgusting show-off again. I did post one of the illos from this project earlier, but it may get posted again in the series which will give it a bit more context. That posting also showed the full faux 2-page spread, which these won't.

This series is from 'All the Stories are True'. It's a fic which was written to a prompt in a SS/HG holiday fest. The prompt was for the characters to get lost in a known story and have to deal with the situation.

I have based projects on more than one of these "Lost in a Book" fics (which are fairly popular). This one ends up in traditional fairytales rather than a specific story by a specific author.

Here's the cover.

Cover.jpg
    795 x 1048 - 275K
    edited April 2021

Ashlyn for Laura 3 expresses my über mixed feelings about trying to salvage older content, like her clothing from here - https://www.daz3d.com/wood-elves-for-luke-and-laura

I'd post a link to herself, but she's been vaulted.

The hair is dForce Alexa. https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-alexa-hair-for-genesis-3--8-females

laura_wildelves.png
    632 x 1024 - 1M
    Post edited by Mustakettu85 on
    edited April 2021

Mustakettu85 said:

Ashlyn for Laura 3 expresses my über mixed feelings about trying to salvage older content, like her clothing from here - https://www.daz3d.com/wood-elves-for-luke-and-laura

I'd post a link to herself, but she's been vaulted.

The hair is dForce Alexa. https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-alexa-hair-for-genesis-3--8-females

I think the fabric looks really nice:) Wow that's a blast from the past for sure, well done:)) And you know I have a weakness for ancient stuffblush

Thanks)) Gen3 had the cutest faces... and the ugliest shoulders.

The fabric as the shader preset, might be; thanks again... but the clothing in general? Can't get any stiffer.
    I wanted to try dforcing this set, but - actually I wasn't going to put all the layers on her originally, and then I saw the dress cracking open (not as pokethrough, just those typical cracks in old poser-oriented geometry), so I had to add the tunic, which is modelled as if worn under a belt... And the tunic does have certain weirdness of its own.
    The path of least resistance would actually mean finding a dforceable dress of a similar cut and giving it a new UV map to match these textures.

Mustakettu85 said:

I wanted to try dforcing this set, but - actually I wasn't going to put all the layers on her originally, and then I saw the dress cracking open (not as pokethrough, just those typical cracks in old poser-oriented geometry)

Actually I've had that happen with some fairly new stuff made for G2 or G3 just by adding a smoothing modifyer. And no, messing with the hidden parameters (which I always do anyway) didn't help:( Can't remember what product it was or how I fixed it though.

edited April 2021

A Tropical Pond pp awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M

Is that UltraScenery? If so, how much of an issue was it to convert it to 3DL, and at what point in the procedure does one convert it?

edited April 2021

JOdel said:

Is that UltraScenery? If so, how much of an issue was it to convert it to 3DL, and at what point in the procedure does one convert it?

Nope, it's this one. It is for 3Delight but I converted it to aweSurface/scripted pathtracing. I don't have UltraScenery so have no idea how well it converts to 3DL. My guess would be not very well.

Edit: I had a look at the product page. I'm pretty sure all the plants and props would convert but not sure about the ground surfaces. They might use layered MDL custom shaders, in which case it would be hard to get a similar result. Why don't you find the commercial thread and ask Howie about it if you're interested? Sure looks nice:)

• Sven Dullah said:

Beautiful use of DOF - looks gorgeous!  I have that set, too... hmm... :-D

edited April 2021

Misselthwaite said:

Beautiful use of DOF - looks gorgeous!  I have that set, too... hmm... :-D

Thank you:) Hmm, looking forward...laugh

Sven Dullah said:

What a beautiful picture!

Vyusur said:

Sven Dullah said:

What a beautiful picture!

Tks a lotsmiley

"All the Stories are True'

The story was written for the SS/HG holiday fest of a couple of years ago. It opens at St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Injuries and Maladies.

Hogwarts castle reacted to Voldemort's attack on her Headmaster in the Shrieking Shack. House Elves were dispatched to offer assistance, and although it was a close thing, he has survived. However, while his physical injuries are healing, he remains in a coma, and the Healers can find no cause for it. A pair of master Legilimens have attempted to enter his mindscape to make contact, only to find themselves in a small stone room, containing only a spinning wheel.

They are mystified. Minerva McGonagall, Acting Headmistress, remembers that Headmaster Snape had a largely Muggle upbringing, and summons Hermione Granger to see if she can make any sense of the puzzle.

Frontspiece: These are the corrected renders. The final versions of the images was run through an analog art filter, 

Frontspiece.jpg
    794 x 1360 - 215K
    edited April 2021

...latest effort, some M4 morphs/skin transfered to G1, G3M hair and tux + a bit of postwork...

Azrael tux awe.png
    1600 x 1200 - 3M
  • Very dashing, Sven :-)

I just made a Popovy-style bjd morph... inspired by the Doll contest a month or so ago at Rendo, where someone mentioned them in their entry description.  I had a lot of fun with re-creating the look, especially with the mouth.  This one has no postwork - yeah, a shocker ;-)  Lots of bits and pieces for the outfit, which made me glad I own so much random stuff!

Misselthwaite said:

Very dashing, Sven :-)

I just made a Popovy-style bjd morph... inspired by the Doll contest a month or so ago at Rendo, where someone mentioned them in their entry description.  I had a lot of fun with re-creating the look, especially with the mouth.  This one has no postwork - yeah, a shocker ;-)  Lots of bits and pieces for the outfit, which made me glad I own so much random stuff!

Oh that's very cool:) Sure looks like you had a good time setting it all up...uhm...and a good portion of patience:))

Sven Dullah said:

Mustakettu85 said:

I saw the dress cracking open (not as pokethrough, just those typical cracks in old poser-oriented geometry)

Actually I've had that happen with some fairly new stuff made for G2 or G3 just by adding a smoothing modifyer

Daaaaaamn.

And here I am being grumpy about the fact that waaaaay over 60% of hard-surface models from the DAZ/Poserverse cannot and won't survive catmark subdivision, however much weight you throw at their edges and vertices...

Sven Dullah said:

JOdel said:

not sure about the ground surfaces. They might use layered MDL custom shaders

I have UltraScenery and IIRC yes the ground is MDL, but the thing is, when it comes to ground, there's a load of good free PBR texture sets (and Substance materials, if you have the app) out there. Tiling will only become an issue for your typical UltraScenery scales if you're trying to render a barren terrain - but most of the time it's all about the grass, so... :))

https://texturehaven.com/textures/?c=terrain

Another trick (like, THE trick) is to use something like UltraScatter or Tofusan's free Replicator to fully cover the ground mesh with layers of various small pebbles, rocks etc. 

https://www.sharecg.com/v/77603/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Replicator-for-DAZ-Studio

This discussion has been closed.