Limited Time Freebies Discussion Thread

Comments

• daybirddaybird Posts: 648

I'm dumb, for me it didn't work. When I open the folder, all I see is a FBX, a MTL and a blender file+ some texture folder, but none of them will be loaded when I click on import :(

• daybird said:

I'm dumb, for me it didn't work. When I open the folder, all I see is a FBX, a MTL and a blender file+ some texture folder, but none of them will be loaded when I click on import :(

You're not dumb, just got the wrong file. When you "buy" it, choose the "FBX + obj" ... and I have no idea what this means but I chose "native."

When it is imported into D/S the opacity is "0" [something the exports from Max tend to be in D/S] so zoom that to 100% and have fun.

• daybirddaybird Posts: 648
    edited December 2019

Well I have choose that, but the obj files shows not up. sad

EDIT: All good, I installed it a second time and now the obj files are there. :)

Post edited by daybird on
  • daybird said:

Well I have choose that, but the obj files shows not up. sad

EDIT: All good, I installed it a second time and now the obj files are there. :)

Oh good. Sometimes when servers are very busy downloaded files may not be complete.

• Crios said:
    As i've said Daz work fine with obj, but you must divide the pieces with Geometry Editor, and save As subset scene.

I went one better, I rigged it!

I can move and hide buidings by hiding bones

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 2019
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • hjakehjake Posts: 813
    Chohole said:
    hjake said:

Talking about freebies made me think about this article written about DAZ back in March 2012 in the Salt Lake Tribune and thought some of you might find it interesting.

https://archive.sltrib.com/article.php?id=20307379&itype=storyID

Utah company counts on big giveaway to boost bottom line

Tech • Draper's DAZ Productions says software strategy generates sales spike for 3D images.

By Tom Harvey The Salt Lake Tribune  -  March 28, 2012 5:33 pm

DAZ (Digital Art Zone)

I still think that the most interesting part of the editorial is the fact that the reporter hasn't got the foggiest idea what he is talking about if he genuinely feels that Daz 3d sell images.

I do have to agree. It didn't seem like the author understood the nature of DAZ.

• this is a video I rendered in Twinmotion using the Kitbash3D freebie

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
  • this is a video I rendered in Twinmotion using the Kitbash3D freebie

Well done!

• New Biweekly Freebies, already showing as Free:

Props, Environments, etc.
    DM's Memorial
    Sixties Dinette Set

Generation 4 & Earlier
    Marissa for The Kids 4

Genesis
    M5 Photographic Poses
    Night Out Suit
    Scoop Back Mini Dress
    Sexy Silky
    Summer Time Textures

G2F
    Heart to Heart Textures for True to My Heart
    Tokyo Stroll Textures
    Whole Lot of Piranhas for Piranha Zipper Dress

G2M
    Michael 6 Starter Bundle

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,804

Really appreciate M6 and the MMA set! Thank you DAZ!

• StoicStoic Posts: 131

Thank You to all the Christmas Creators for all the freebies & to Daz for re-offering them for anyone who missed a day.

FYI, I noticed the webpage for the "Oriental Tobacco Tray" isn't loading.

It's going directly to www.daz3d.com instead.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    Stoic said:

Thank You to all the Christmas Creators for all the freebies & to Daz for re-offering them for anyone who missed a day.

FYI, I noticed the webpage for the "Oriental Tobacco Tray" isn't loading.

It's going directly to www.daz3d.com instead.

https://www.daz3d.com/oriental-tobacco-tray

smiley

• StoicStoic Posts: 131

Thank You! smiley

• Did I miss the freebie update for this week? I ask because none popped up on my viewing of the page, but I have a lot of products. I got a few new freebies on the 23rd of December, which it is usually updated every other week, so I just wanted to double check and make sure I didn't see an update even though maybe one happened.
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,653
    Did I miss the freebie update for this week? I ask because none popped up on my viewing of the page, but I have a lot of products. I got a few new freebies on the 23rd of December, which it is usually updated every other week, so I just wanted to double check and make sure I didn't see an update even though maybe one happened.

I am so glad I am not the only one who noticed there was no freebies this week!

I wonder what happened to the freebies this week?

• SempieSempie Posts: 651

Seems DAZ is having a PC Members only party; they get all the freebies, and they are hoping to lure all non members into buying a membership. The 20 year anniversary celebration seems to exclude non PC members. Skipping even the regular bi-weekly freebies.

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,344
    edited January 2020

Yes they are pushing the exclusivity mentality, however we are not allowed to think like that in this case because they gave all non members a 20% coupon to show how much the rest of us mean to them.

Post edited by Faeryl Womyn on
    edited January 2020
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,008

Yes they are pushing the exclusivity mentality, however we are not allowed to think like that in this case because they gave all non members a 20% coupon to show how much the rest of us mean to them.

What 20% off coupon? All I got was something for the crowd billboards.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,804

Slightly bummed that there are no new freebies this week, but I doubt it's intentional. Someone forgot or was overworked or something.

• Hylas said:

Coupon for 5$ of DAZ originals

ETA: can be used twice!

Were PC+ club members excluded or some such? I absolutely did not see any sort of "Couponicopia" anywhere at all on my store page yesterday, and I check every day. Would have definitely picked up some things, friday being payday and all. Tis a darn shame to have missed out on all that. sad

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,072
    Hylas said:

Were PC+ club members excluded or some such? I absolutely did not see any sort of "Couponicopia" anywhere at all on my store page yesterday, and I check every day. Would have definitely picked up some things, friday being payday and all. Tis a darn shame to have missed out on all that. sad

No, they were not excluded. But it was a flash sale so it was available only for some time.

• SempieSempie Posts: 651
    Hylas said:

No. everyone could use it. I'm not a PC member and used it twice (which was the maximum). The sale was clearly advertised on the main store page, for about half a day

• Sempie said:
    Hylas said:

No. everyone could use it. I'm not a PC member and used it twice (which was the maximum). The sale was clearly advertised on the main store page, for about half a day

I only asked if PC+ were excluded, given I currently have PC+ and didn't see the Couponicopia. As I said, I check the store every day, so if what you say is true then it would have been during the half of the day when I was out and about. I'm not complaining here, just voicing how bummed I am to have missed it. wink

edited January 2020
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,653
    Hylas said:

Slightly bummed that there are no new freebies this week, but I doubt it's intentional. Someone forgot or was overworked or something.

I hope what you say is true @Hylas!!

• New biweekly freebies are up: https://www.daz3d.com/free-3d-models

I was checking to see if I missed the bi-weekly freebies, the last time I saw any new ones was on the 23rd of December which is 21 days ago.  Any thoughts?