Limited Time Freebies Discussion Thread

Comments

• 3WC3WC Posts: 1,098

Anyone have suggestions on which Genesis base character I should get for free? I hardly have any of them. I know that is highly subjective, but who is your absolute favorite?

• I picked up Lee (thanks Daz!). Been wanting to get him for a long time. 

• I am not seeing any of the freebie characters, maybe I have them all or maybe I am not looking in the right place, could someone post a link? Thank you so much!
  • I know that the Robyn sale was like of of the great oldies which allowed us to pick 3 pro packs one from gen 8 and two from gen 2 or 3. I was able to pick up some more male packs. Thank you DAZ!!
    I am not seeing any of the freebie characters, maybe I have them all or maybe I am not looking in the right place, could someone post a link? Thank you so much!

https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-bases

• Okay, I evidently don't qualify for this sale freebie.....maybe I have too many of the bases.  Which is no problem because I have made some incredible deals recently my last purchase was $980 worth of stuff for $68.20!  Thank you DAZ!!

edited December 2019

Okay, I evidently don't qualify for this sale freebie.....maybe I have too many of the bases.  Which is no problem because I have made some incredible deals recently my last purchase was $980 worth of stuff for $68.20!  Thank you DAZ!!

I think it is only if you already own all the victorias which are free today, you get the banner coupon for a free base character.

Here is the actual text: 

TODAY ONLY:
    Because you own all the Victoria 5, 6, 7 & 8 Base Characters we we want to offer you ONE FREE* Select Gensis 2, Genesis 3, or Genesis 8 Base Character.

Post edited by 3WC on
  • Cool! So let me check the Victoria front, I guess I have someone waiting for me there.
  • Re Cyber Monday 1 free Daz Original, when I add 1 to the basket it's priced. Is this because it's a carry on offer from a previous sale in which one can have only 1 free DO (and thus one's already had 1 when one hasn't - yet has!)?

Re Cyber Monday 1 free Daz Original, when I add 1 to the basket it's priced. Is this because it's a carry on offer from a previous sale in which one can have only 1 free DO (and thus one's already had 1 when one hasn't - yet has!)?

That's what I assumed, didn't work for me either because I already got a freebie on Black Friday.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,812

Wow, the 'Free Base Character' banner is crazy generous! Thank you so much, DAZ! I'm downloading Sakura 8 as we speak, she's been lounging on my wishlist since forever!

• 3WC said:

Anyone have suggestions on which Genesis base character I should get for free? I hardly have any of them. I know that is highly subjective, but who is your absolute favorite?

I am looking for suggestions as well, mostly for G3. Leaning toward either a male or 1 of the more mature female bases. (No interest in Girl/Guy or the fairy-type bases.) I am also considering Lilith 6. Mostly I do fantasy, SF, & superhero.

I already own these G3s: Arabella 7, Bethany 7, Karen 7, Kalea 7, Monique 7, Rune 7, Sunny 7, Teen Josie 7, Tween Julie 7, Victoria 7, Kenji 7, Kimo 7, Leo 7, & Michael 7

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,329
    3WC said:

For me, the calculation is more about which character has the LEAST attractive bundles. I went with Girl 8, because I’ve been doing a lot of toons lately, and I may use a coupon to pick up Sloane hair, the only item in the pro bundle I particularly care about, for less than a dollar. 

As far as my favorite character, I have to go with Charlotte 8. I didn’t really care about her at all until her starter bundle popped up unexpectedly in a PC+ for a day $2.99 sale, but since I got her, she’s become my go-to gal. 

I ended up with Monique 8. I just felt like I needed some diversity in my runtime.

• Hey guys does anyone know the code I need to type in to get the free base?????

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453

I grabbed Zelara 8. There's no such thing as too many Xeno women!

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,950

I got Michael 6 finaly completed my base collection of characters, or almost I am missing A6 but I missed M6 for long time :) Thanks DAZ. 

• Hey guys does anyone know the code I need to type in to get the free base?????

If you closed the purple banner, look in your messages: Upper right corner of the screen, click on the bust icon by the cart icon for the dropdown & select Messages. It's usually under exclusive offers.

The code will only work for people who received the purple banner offer and I think it only works one time per customer.

Oh, I had forgotten about DAZ XMas freebies. What a lovely surprise! Last year we got a set of HDRI and a set of satin shaders that I use all the time! Thanks, PAs!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Hylas said:

Oh, I had forgotten about DAZ XMas freebies. What a lovely surprise! Last year we got a set of HDRI and a set of satin shaders that I use all the time! Thanks, PAs!

Daz PAs freebies remember.  It is the PAs who are giving these to you,  not Daz.

Another generous fortnight. Not one but two bundles!

The Pixie Perfect Hair, Playful Flirt Dress, and Freak 5 Action Poses will be joining my library!

Thanks, DAZ!

•  

Hylas said:

Another generous fortnight. Not one but two bundles!

The Pixie Perfect Hair, Playful Flirt Dress, and Freak 5 Action Poses will be joining my library!

Thanks, DAZ!

Actually 3 Bundles--don't forget Troll Forest! I picked it up last time it was free, a year or 2 ago, and the standalone Troll has aged pretty well, especially if you have some Iray skins/scales shaders to apply, or even just apply the base. It's also very easy to pose. The included Millennium Environment is also handy if you need quick backgrounds; again just add Iray base.

I had most everything but not the Playful Flirt Dress or the hair & outfit from the Retreat Bundle.

Full List of Current Biweekly Freebies:

Props, Enviroments, etc.
    Checkered Amor Secret Garden Shaded Haven (Texture set) 
    Pillows (Optitex Dynamic)  
    Stellar Fury (space vehicle)
    Troll Forest Bundle (standalone Troll figure, environments) 

Generation 4 & Earlier
    Anime Starter Bundle (includes Aiko 4 & Hiro 4) 
    Textures for Epiphany Gown

Genesis
    Freak 5 Action Poses
    V5 Tank Dress

2F
    DMs Retreat Bundle (Environment, Outfit, Hair)
    Essential Aiko Poses for A6
    Jazzy Ruffles Textures
    Playful Flirt Dress

• CriosCrios Posts: 2,719

Free for a limited time:  https://kitbash3d.com/collections/sale/products/mini-kit-post-apocalypse

The object loads as one piece in D/S - check the opacity to see it!

I've take this as FBX/Obj, must work in DAZ.

• odd I didn't see Catherine's post when I posted mine, the FBX doesn't work in anything for me, probably need Blender to split the obj and the mtl file needs editing

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,950
    edited December 2019

Very nice one :) thank You. I hope I can make it work, just for note it is 1.4GB and here is a promo pic. Also on that link there is contest to win more content like this.

Post edited by MilosGulan on
  • Crios said:

Free for a limited time:  https://kitbash3d.com/collections/sale/products/mini-kit-post-apocalypse

It does. Then either in D/S or via Hexagon or something, one can group them for easier handling. [like we did with the previous set]

Crios said:

It does. Then either in D/S or via Hexagon or something, one can group them for easier handling. [like we did with the previous set]

I've imorted it under DAZ as obj, and using the Geometry Editor i've dvided all the various pieces. After i've manually applied the textures and scaled to Genesis misures.. The results is amazing.

• odd I didn't see Catherine's post when I posted mine, the FBX doesn't work in anything for me, probably need Blender to split the obj and the mtl file needs editing

Strangely, I've had FBX files work fine in Daz, or nothing there/mess everywhere, at least OBJ works, Blender 2.80 or 2.81 are good for scaling up/down items or just making something like .stl or .dae files usable. 

Strangely, I've had FBX files work fine in Daz, or nothing there/mess everywhere, at least OBJ works, Blender 2.80 or 2.81 are good for scaling up/down items or just making something like .stl or .dae files usable. 

yeah some do, not this one, it did load in Twinmotion though, is a later year I think, iClone, Carrara etc hated it

As i've said Daz work fine with obj, but you must divide the pieces with Geometry Editor, and save As subset scene.