Limited Time Freebies Discussion Thread

Comments

• carrie58 said:

Ummm don't we get a freebie once a week as PC members ,and then the batch of freebies ever other week .......at least I do ...... or am I just confused?oh and the new one every month too

October gets weird with the PC+ sale.  You do get a freebie, but it comes on Sunday or Monday instead of Wednesday, and it's hidden in the overall sale area.

• radiaradia Posts: 128

Thank you Daz! Current 99c sale has an expiry time listed!

The powers that be DO listen. smiley

• Latest set of Biweekly Freebies:

Props, environments, etc.
    Bus Stop

Generation 4
    Evening Gown 2 V4
    Just a Girl Expressions for S4
    Kenna for V4
    Textures for Fantasy Separates 2 (gen 4 females)

Genesis
    Andrei for F5
    Classy Casual Textures
    Leathered Up
    Retro Mini
    Wicked Footwear 002 Textures

G2F
    Cherry Blossom Dress Textures
    Grenadine Dress Textures
    Hagane Outfit Textures

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,247
    edited October 2019

Usually the PC+ freebie comes on Wednesday, but I thought it might change with the PC+ sale. It might come today.

edit: right after I posted that, I refreshed the PC+ sale page, and saw the new freebie: https://www.daz3d.com/platinum-club-freebies

Post edited by Gordig on
  • Thanks for the Gianni Bundle, Daz, he's been in my wishlist for a while! (I already have the Steph 6 bundle). I also recommend the Amethyst Genesis outfit (but it won't fit to G3F unless you have a Genesis clone or Genesis>G3 converter, and I suspect the same would be true of G8F.

Biweekly Freebies List:

Props, environments, etc.
    Bus Stop
    Super Suit Super Hero Content Bundle 
    Generation 4
    Cara Hair Textures
    Frangipani Dress Textures 
    War Vixen Textures

Genesis
    Amethyst Fantasy for Genesis 
    Animal Instinct for Wicked Red Carpet (textures)
    Ritual for LilyNymph (textures)
    V5 Elite Texture Nichole 
    Wicked Party Time (dress)

G2F
    Ordinarily Three for G2F  (businesswear & some poses)
    Stephanie 6 Starter Bundle 

G2M
    Gianni 6 Starter Bundle 

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,799

Very generous this week, thank you DAZ! heart

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,950
    edited October 2019

Wow thanks, Gianni 6 starter bundle is great... and other freebies too :), trying to get WarVixen for some time but somehow always something else gets in the way... and now looking at that Nicole texture, Hongyus bikinis are also great, will need to get that too cool. I should try making some native american renders, need to think of the story I guess...

Thanks DAZ, wonderful freebies beside all other PC+ goodies angel

Post edited by MilosGulan on

Gallery link

Here's a really quick one with the Fighting Monk outfit, one of the many neat freebies of the moment.

Freebie credits:
    Axe by Porsimo: http://www.porsimo.net/3d/weapons.htm
    Pose by Thorvan: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/30-mirrored-poses-for-genesis-8-male/77781

Gallery link

Ordinarily Three for G2F: I'm having trouble making that jacket look like anything other than pajamas (or Beetlejuice cosplay), but those slacks are pretty sharp!

• New biweekly freebies! Where's that bus stop!?!?! (Should I post it's missing in the Always Another Sale thread? J/K)

Props, Enviroments, etc.: Dark Ops Ready-to-Render (doesn't include models!), Desk,Clocks, Martial Arts Dojo Lights (not iray)

Generation 4 & Earlier: Archer Textures (V4), Cocktail Dress 2 (V4), Fashion V4, Reby Sky Magnet Fit

Genesis: Casual Surf Wear, Real Deal for Real Feel Pullover, Wicked Textures for Legwarmer Boots

G2M: Basic Hair (part of Starter Essentials)

G2F: Simply Olympia Poses

• New biweekly freebies! Where's that bus stop!?!?! (Should I post it's missing in the Always Another Sale thread? J/K)

Props, Enviroments, etc.: Dark Ops Ready-to-Render (doesn't include models!), Desk,Clocks, Martial Arts Dojo Lights (not iray)

Generation 4 & Earlier: Archer Textures (V4), Cocktail Dress 2 (V4), Fashion V4, Reby Sky Magnet Fit

Genesis: Casual Surf Wear, Real Deal for Real Feel Pullover, Wicked Textures for Legwarmer Boots

But they aren't free.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,851

Monday morning blues in DAZ land, looks like someone forgot to tag them as freebies.

• Bejaymac said:

Monday morning blues in DAZ land, looks like someone forgot to tag them as freebies.

ROFL, I didn't even pay attention to the prices. I was suprised they were up very early morning, my time (am an hour ahead of Dazland time). Usually I don't see them until mid morning my time, an hour so after Daz's people would make it to work. 

Good thing I have most of those. 

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Freebies are now fixed

But they aren't free.

Now fixed. Thanks

• manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,395

gaaah. the "new" *cough cough* biweekly freebie suck, again. 2 things from 12 that can be used for males - the hair, which is an old model and not the best hairwise, and the track suit - all the rest is for chicks. besides the fact that i already own pretty much everything except very female stuff since those items have been in the shop for ages. ofc i have the hair and the track suit already.
    again, another bi-week where i get absolutely nothing from those freebies. IS IT REALLY ASKING TOO MUCH TO BALANCE THE GENDERS A BIT BETTER?  at least that, tho not serving the same re-heated eternal same stuff again and again would be nice too. it's not that i'm not thankful for free stuff, it's that giving out for free old stuff that most people already own or don't want is not cool - why even bother. at least if this page was cancelled i wouldn't bring my hopes up every single darn biweek just to be disappointed, AGAIN.

• gaaah. the "new" *cough cough* biweekly freebie suck, again. 2 things from 12 that can be used for males - the hair, which is an old model and not the best hairwise, and the track suit - all the rest is for chicks. besides the fact that i already own pretty much everything except very female stuff since those items have been in the shop for ages. ofc i have the hair and the track suit already.
    again, another bi-week where i get absolutely nothing from those freebies. IS IT REALLY ASKING TOO MUCH TO BALANCE THE GENDERS A BIT BETTER?  at least that, tho not serving the same re-heated eternal same stuff again and again would be nice too. it's not that i'm not thankful for free stuff, it's that giving out for free old stuff that most people already own or don't want is not cool - why even bother. at least if this page was cancelled i wouldn't bring my hopes up every single darn biweek just to be disappointed, AGAIN.

At this time of Thanksgiving, thankfulness seems to be the atmosphere to build. I know this time there are only 3 things that I don't have and 2 of them are texture add-ons for outfits that I don't have, but I remember a time waaaaay back when where only 1 freebie came out a week. Now since they are GIVING us some FREEBIES wouldn't it be nice if we had an attitude of gratefulness and said "Thank you"!?

gaaah. the "new" *cough cough* biweekly freebie suck, again. 2 things from 12 that can be used for males - the hair, which is an old model and not the best hairwise, and the track suit - all the rest is for chicks. besides the fact that i already own pretty much everything except very female stuff since those items have been in the shop for ages. ofc i have the hair and the track suit already.

At this time of Thanksgiving, thankfulness seems to be the atmosphere to build. I know this time there are only 3 things that I don't have and 2 of them are texture add-ons for outfits that I don't have, but I remember a time waaaaay back when where only 1 freebie came out a week. Now since they are GIVING us some FREEBIES wouldn't it be nice if we had an attitude of gratefulness and said "Thank you"!?

i usually say a warm thank you when i get something.. not when i get nothing...
    you know how many people download freebies from sites like rendo, sharecg etc - and how many actually write a comment to say thank you? check the difference between "downloaded" and the number of comments or likes.. well, i make a point to always say at least thank you, and most often, a nice grateful and admirative comment. because I GOT SOMETHING awesome for free, and I AM THANKFUL. now, i don't see why i should be thankful for things i don't want, that come regularly again to top it all.

would you be thankful if i threw you some old things i have no use for, that you don't need nor want, every two weeks, and then rinse & repeat?

• gaaah. the "new" *cough cough* biweekly freebie suck, again. 2 things from 12 that can be used for males - the hair, which is an old model and not the best hairwise, and the track suit - all the rest is for chicks. besides the fact that i already own pretty much everything except very female stuff since those items have been in the shop for ages. ofc i have the hair and the track suit already.

you know how many people download freebies from sites like rendo, sharecg etc - and how many actually write a comment to say thank you? check the difference between "downloaded" and the number of comments or likes.. well, i make a point to always say at least thank you, and most often, a nice grateful and admirative comment. because I GOT SOMETHING awesome for free, and I AM THANKFUL. now, i don't see why i should be thankful for things i don't want, that come regularly again to top it all.

would you be thankful if i threw you some old things i have no use for, that you don't need nor want, every two weeks, and then rinse & repeat?

Maybe this time there aren't any goodies for you....but there are other newer customers that are getting some goodies, which helps build the customer base, who in turn hopefully support the artists who will make more goodies both to sell and for free, instead of go out of business. As a father of six from a family of five boys you learn that if you are thankful your turn will come to. Also if you join the Platinum Club there is a freebie each week. Perspective my friend takes you higher.....
  • OH-kaaaay, we get it--Someone is really. Really. REALLY! Tremendously unhappy with the current batch of freebies. 

So, anyways, I am still thankful for the Gianni 6 starter bundle that was free last time, and the Stephanie one, offered free at the same time--how's that for equality?--I've owned for quite some time.

Now for my target audience--people who want to know what's on the freebies page. (In case you're wondering why I started doing this, it's because I like to do the Freebie Challenges and making this list was a way to keep track of what normally-paid Daz content--I probably already owned--was eligible for the current contest. Then I thought, "Someone else might find my lists useful.")

Generation 4 & Earlier
    Evening Gown for V4
    V4 Hero Pro Pack (has 2 hairs that might be nice with Iray hair shaders)
    Valana Outfit

Genesis
    Cool Sports (no hood morphs to remove or push back)
    JSkirt
    Kameeze Textures
    Pure Hair: Cool (again, Iray hair shader sets)
    Stephanie 5 Poses
    Summer Casuals Fitted Sundress
    Wicked Party Wear (picked this up for the necklace, to try with Iray texures)
    Ysatis Textures

G2F
    Dark Princess Textures

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,558
    edited November 2019

Not free yet, you have to be patient a little more.

Post edited by Noah LGP on
  • hjakehjake Posts: 812
    edited November 2019

Hey don't be alarmed. Any money you pay for the freebies will go to the crowd-funding drive to buy Vicky the rest of her body armour  :-)

NVIATWAS

Post edited by hjake on

Didn't you say " i already own pretty much everything EXCEPT very female stuff since those items have been in the shop for ages" so that means there is something free that you CAN get thus a reason to be thankful....just sayin!

• Everything just went "FREE"

yeah yeah, amen, the sun is shining bright and everything around me is tremendously beautiful while i ride my winged unicorn on a glittering rainbow, and my heart beats in gratitude for all the wonderful things in life, in unison with the flow of universal love. happy now? whatever ~

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005

yeah yeah, amen, the sun is shining bright and everything around me is tremendously beautiful while i ride my winged unicorn on a glittering rainbow, and my heart beats in gratitude for all the wonderful things in life, in unison with the flow of universal love. happy now? whatever ~

Well, I am...

I like that image... I kind of picture that all set to the beat of some early 90s New Age music... not the good kind... lots of synthesizer music and whale sounds in the background... also it's rendered in Bryce and there are cheesy late 80s CGI dolphins frolicking on the horizon as the sun sets. Although, I'm not sure if it's universal love I'm feeling or just a little gassiness... wait... no... it's gas.

Wooo... definitely gas.

McGyver said:

Well, I am...

I like that image... I kind of picture that all set to the beat of some early 90s New Age music... not the good kind... lots of synthesizer music and whale sounds in the background... also it's rendered in Bryce and there are cheesy late 80s CGI dolphins frolicking on the horizon as the sun sets. Although, I'm not sure if it's universal love I'm feeling or just a little gassiness... wait... no... it's gas.

Wooo... definitely gas.

yup, gas. be happy my prosa didn't include smells. XD

• hjakehjake Posts: 812
    edited November 2019

Talking about freebies made me think about this article written about DAZ back in March 2012 in the Salt Lake Tribune and thought some of you might find it interesting.

https://archive.sltrib.com/article.php?id=20307379&itype=storyID

Utah company counts on big giveaway to boost bottom line

Tech • Draper's DAZ Productions says software strategy generates sales spike for 3D images.

By Tom Harvey The Salt Lake Tribune  -  March 28, 2012 5:33 pm

DAZ (Digital Art Zone)

Post edited by hjake on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited November 2019
    hjake said:

Talking about freebies made me think about this article written about DAZ back in March 2012 in the Salt Lake Tribune and thought some of you might find it interesting.

https://archive.sltrib.com/article.php?id=20307379&itype=storyID

Utah company counts on big giveaway to boost bottom line

Tech • Draper's DAZ Productions says software strategy generates sales spike for 3D images.

By Tom Harvey The Salt Lake Tribune  -  March 28, 2012 5:33 pm

DAZ (Digital Art Zone)

I still think that the most interesting part of the editorial is the fact that the reporter hasn't got the foggiest idea what he is talking about if he genuinely feels that Daz 3d sell images.

Post edited by Chohole on

yay! free genesis chara! i can finally get ollie8, which i needed for ages for my zakyr! THANK YOU DAZ! smileyyes

see, when i have a reason to be thankful, and i'm happy, i really DO show thankfulness. because it's true and the prezzie generated a good feeling. ^^