Zone Smoother for Genesis 3 Female Male(s) and Female(s) [Commercial] **PRE-RELEASE UPDATE :)

2»

Comments

• James_HJames_H Posts: 1,009

Pity, I will have to pass, and also bear this in mind for the future.

• simtenerosimtenero Posts: 383
    jash147 said:

Pity, I will have to pass, and also bear this in mind for the future.

Understood, thank you for the feedback :-)

• Does this product do the same thing as Zev0's bend control? Or does it provide some additional advantages?

• Too late. I already bought it. Does it matter how you install it? DIM or Daz Connect. I think most of my figures were installed through DIM. But newer items have been installed through Daz Connect.

KevinH said:

Too late. I already bought it. Does it matter how you install it? DIM or Daz Connect. I think most of my figures were installed through DIM. But newer items have been installed through Daz Connect.

Hi Kevin!  I hope you enjoy it :-D

Nope, it doesn't matter how you install it, just pick a compatible figure and fire up the script.  To answer the first question, the key difference between this and something like Bend Control is that Zone Smoother is actually a smoothing algorithm that generates new morphs on the fly, rather than using pre-sculpted morphs.  Give the guide here a read, should help you get started (the steps are basically the same for either the G3M or G3F package):

http://docs.daz3d.com/lib/exe/fetch.php/public/read_me/index/24358/24358_zone-smoother-user-guide.pdf

• Hi, I just got this product, and so far I am appreciating what it does. I do have a question, though.

If I have a figure in a group, the script does not recognize that figure. I get a pop up message telling me to select a G3M based character. If I take the character out of the group, it works fine. Is there any way to get the script to recognize the figure as G3M while in the group?

Thanks

Hi, I just got this product, and so far I am appreciating what it does. I do have a question, though.

If I have a figure in a group, the script does not recognize that figure. I get a pop up message telling me to select a G3M based character. If I take the character out of the group, it works fine. Is there any way to get the script to recognize the figure as G3M while in the group?

Thanks

Hello Bucephalus!  At the moment, there isn't a way, it needs to be at the root of the heirarchy.  I can tinker and see if there's a way around it, but right now that requirement exists to prevent some wonkiness that can happen with sub-objects.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 2016

Hi simtenero  I have some idea to integrate this tool more flexible,, then you can do it I believe, if you plan,,.smiley

As you know DS already use  weight-map to adjust some modifier influence , then D-former weight map is mixed with Morph loader as  option not for D-former,

but to limit (adjust) import morph effect.

Then,,  we can controll morph effect by weight map . but the problem is, to limit infulence of morph by D-former weight map, we once need import ,export process.

then,,, if we make morph by other aprication, we may need not use D-former. and most of 3d  apricaiton already have "limit influence" option.

but I think,, if I use your tool mix with weight-map (at current,,  morph loader use D-former weight map,, then it seems easy you re-use and inject it to your tool)

without those import export process,, then we can generate morph at same time,, it is real handy. (Though I prefer to use other 3d tool to make detail morphs,  but just correct quick bending defomation ,, your tool is really work well)  , Can not you plan to inject,, these import and export morph, then limit influence by D-former weight map, process by one click?  maybe expected  process is like that. 

1. make morph by Zone smoother. 

2. make influence map by D-former.

3.  if I click apply D-former weight,, it can limit your Zone smoother  influence. then we can clear see, up-date Zone smoother morph.

At current,, we need to export your morph once. then re-import by morph loader with attenuate by weight map option.

untill it we can not clear check attnuated morph effect. then it is not so handy.(I do not say, you need to make it as free - up date,, but hope you add ,  with some reasonable add on price,, for Zone smoother customer blush)

Post edited by kitakoredaz on
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,801
    This probably only works on G3, and is not compatible with G8/G8.1? Since it's currently on sale I just wanted to double check to be sure.