Zone Smoother for Genesis 3 Female Male(s) and Female(s) [Commercial] **PRE-RELEASE UPDATE :)

simtenerosimtenero Posts: 383

Hello All,  A new edition of Zone Smoother, for Genesis 3 Male(s), is on it's way to the Daz3D store!  Keep your eyes peeled later this week ;-)

I'm adding this new product into the existing Zone Smoother for Genesis 3 Female(s) forum thread as the two function similarly, so new users can benefit from the experience of existing users.  This version brings all of the same functionality to Genesis 3 Male(s) based figures, with each zone hand painted to work well on male characters.  To clarify for existing owners, this is a separate product with the Zones recreated to apply to Genesis 3 Male(s).

***Previous Description***

Zone Smoother is a scripted utility which applies a smoothing algorithm to one or more zones on Genesis 3 figures.  The purpose of the tool is to help the artist smooth out spots that aren't responding well to a pose, or to smooth out transitions between morphs and poses that don't want to get along.  More detail is available on the store page:

http://www.daz3d.com/zone-smoother-for-genesis-3-female-s

**Genesis 3 Male(s) link coming soon!!!

Post edited by simtenero on

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

This will be most useful...

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Just curious if there are plans to also do this for G3 Males?

• simtenerosimtenero Posts: 383

Just curious if there are plans to also do this for G3 Males?

I'm definitely thinking about it.  I wanted to wait a bit to see if there was enough demand for this sort of thing to justify making a version for Genesis 3 Male.  I may also consider doing versions for Genesis 2 characters as well.  Just need to check the desire for those products before committing the time laugh

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Well I would love seeing this for G3M as I do a lot of male renders.  This would be a really useful tool for them and not something I've seen for the G3 version.  The female version did make it on my wishlist and I'll be getting it soon.  It would be nice though to see a male version and possibly a bundle option for both male and female versions for those of us who couldn't get the female version during the MM sale.  At any rate, it looks like it would be a very useful script.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526

Hi,,, I serched this product topic,, because I actually content with product much,,(it was  right decision  for me,,, to get this product ,,)

and,, I hope to imporve (or up-date) this product too (version up!) ^^

I usually simply export current shape,, and modify it in other modelor,, then return ds as temp corrective morph  for current scene only, this product is helpful for the purpose too,, when I can not content the final morph produced by this tool,I use low value smooth,,,, then export the smoothed  mesh (if I need more adjustment) ,, it make my work easy.

then,, my request is,,,, now this product  work well,,about each main nodes area  mesh with bending,, (or each nodes zone?)

but,,, I hope to set smooth zone, more narrow area too,,,  eg,, Now when I try to smooth Things and plevis,, ,,this product  is good to smooth between joint area,,and it seems work well for abdomen ,,but it tends to shirink all Thighs too ,,, (so some how,, Thighs become clear  thin.then if  I keep low smooth,, the problem area not turn so smooth,,^^;)

though it may be best,, if I can manage zone, by somehow,, weight map,, or  tool colored circle,(like default D-former weit,, or smooth selection,, like other app,,) but,, as substitue,,  if zone smoother 2 (I expect it )  can set zone,, for, each nodes half area,, eg (upper Thingh , lower Thigh)  it can be more useful tool I believe..

maybe it cause some problem or make distortion gap,, when  smooth more narrow area only,, but I feel,, user can adjust the effect,,(eg,, 1,, I set smooth for all Thigh part,, then make morph,, return value zero,,  2. set smooth for only upper part,,  then make morph2, user can make new morph with tchange hese 2 morph value,,, easy,,)

ANyway thank you offer good smart tool(and simple easy use) ,, ,please keep version up-date this product,,,(of course I buy it again, when up-daed but hope,,, vonus price ^^;,,  I really feel this tool  is useful when pose for genesis3female actors now.

Hi,,, I serched this product topic,, because I actually content with product much,,(it was  right decision  for me,,, to get this product ,,)

I usually simply export current shape,, and modify it in other modelor,, then return ds as temp corrective morph  for current scene only, this product is helpful for the purpose too,, when I can not content the final morph produced by this tool,I use low value smooth,,,, then export the smoothed  mesh (if I need more adjustment) ,, it make my work easy.

then,, my request is,,,, now this product  work well,,about each main nodes area  mesh with bending,, (or each nodes zone?)

but,,, I hope to set smooth zone, more narrow area too,,,  eg,, Now when I try to smooth Things and plevis,, ,,this product  is good to smooth between joint area,,and it seems work well for abdomen ,,but it tends to shirink all Thighs too ,,, (so some how,, Thighs become clear  thin.then if  I keep low smooth,, the problem area not turn so smooth,,^^;)

though it may be best,, if I can manage zone, by somehow,, weight map,, or  tool colored circle,(like default D-former weit,, or smooth selection,, like other app,,) but,, as substitue,,  if zone smoother 2 (I expect it )  can set zone,, for, each nodes half area,, eg (upper Thingh , lower Thigh)  it can be more useful tool I believe..

maybe it cause some problem or make distortion gap,, when  smooth more narrow area only,, but I feel,, user can adjust the effect,,(eg,, 1,, I set smooth for all Thigh part,, then make morph,, return value zero,,  2. set smooth for only upper part,,  then make morph2, user can make new morph with tchange hese 2 morph value,,, easy,,)

ANyway thank you offer good smart tool(and simple easy use) ,, ,please keep version up-date this product,,,(of course I buy it again, when up-daed but hope,,, vonus price ^^;,,  I really feel this tool  is useful when pose for genesis3female actors now.

Thanks for checking it out, kitakoredaz!  I agree, it would be cool to be able to change the size of the zone.  I'm not honestly sure if that's something I could implement (the tool works with predefined zones, which is one of the reasons it's figure-specific), but I will deifnitely investigate and see what's possible smiley.

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609

So, have done some tests and I am convinced, this product worth the money so far.

There is only one thing, it does not support the new gens for v7 (a third party product) but that does not matter to me even I can`t use the hip and thigh smoothing options, but all others work fine. So even if it does not support the gen product I am convinced.

simtenero said:

Thanks for checking it out, kitakoredaz!  I agree, it would be cool to be able to change the size of the zone.  I'm not honestly sure if that's something I could implement (the tool works with predefined zones, which is one of the reasons it's figure-specific), but I will deifnitely investigate and see what's possible smiley.

oh yes, a zone size value (slider) would be cool

edited March 2016

one great plus is the possibility to remove a once created morph everytime with just two or three clicks. My biggest concern was that I will have a bunch of morphs one day that I do not need, but with the possibility to overwrite or delete once created morphs this is a really big plus.

As written above, this product worth the money.

Post edited by cosmo71 on
  • kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526

I usually use parameter tab option>edit mode,,,and keep it,, when play with morphs,,smiley

then  select  generated morphs of SimTenero category,,with shif key (multi selection)   which I want to remove only,,> r-click >delete selected proeperty,,from current scene,,,^^

(thanks clearly categorize it,, then I need not serch around in my morph loader temp morph,, or other morphs,,)

though I hope to confirm by vendor,,, the way should not cause any problem,, abolut once saved scene with generated morph by this tool,,delete them  by parameter tab OK?

my another  proposal is when I selected area it hope to  turn more clear color,, to easy see it,, or it depend on user layout setting^^;?  I do not know,,

(and hope to add,,  de-select all,, or multi select with shift in UI,,and remove zone,, ^^)

then,, I seems find a little problem,,, as default,, these generated  smooth morphs not set as Auto follow,, (If it problem only happen for my pc,, I am sorry,,

so when i use it with fitted clothing,, I need to manually set auto-follow about generated morphs,, (I feel,, default is,, accept as auto-follow,,is good)

then re-fit  cloth again (with often need to purge memory) to auto-follow the generated morph for swimming wair,,or under wear etc,,,,

(though I now actually have another  auto-follow problem )not about this product) ,, then I can not confirm,, it is same for other user,, or not ^^; )

smooth.PNG
    500 x 401 - 22K
  • Roboman28Roboman28 Posts: 210

When I try to load the log file says

Failed to load script: E:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/My Library/Scripts/SimTenero/Zone Smoother for Genesis 3 Female/Zone Smoother Genesis 3 Female.dse

Using Daz 4.8 64 bit.

Now the thread above claimed it had been updated and fixed so I redownloaded the file only to get the same characteristics of script dse not loading.

Then I saw that the old and new zip files downloaded were exactly the same size. So are you sure that the update is really available from Daz as reported above?

Hello Roboman,

Just to confirm, the fix is deifnitely live, a lot of folks have been able to confirm, but I should clarify the specific version is DS 4.8.0.59 and later.

I usually use parameter tab option>edit mode,,,and keep it,, when play with morphs,,smiley

then  select  generated morphs of SimTenero category,,with shif key (multi selection)   which I want to remove only,,> r-click >delete selected proeperty,,from current scene,,,^^

(thanks clearly categorize it,, then I need not serch around in my morph loader temp morph,, or other morphs,,)

though I hope to confirm by vendor,,, the way should not cause any problem,, abolut once saved scene with generated morph by this tool,,delete them  by parameter tab OK?

my another  proposal is when I selected area it hope to  turn more clear color,, to easy see it,, or it depend on user layout setting^^;?  I do not know,,

(and hope to add,,  de-select all,, or multi select with shift in UI,,and remove zone,, ^^)

then,, I seems find a little problem,,, as default,, these generated  smooth morphs not set as Auto follow,, (If it problem only happen for my pc,, I am sorry,,

so when i use it with fitted clothing,, I need to manually set auto-follow about generated morphs,, (I feel,, default is,, accept as auto-follow,,is good)

then re-fit  cloth again (with often need to purge memory) to auto-follow the generated morph for swimming wair,,or under wear etc,,,,

(though I now actually have another  auto-follow problem )not about this product) ,, then I can not confirm,, it is same for other user,, or not ^^; )

I'm sorry kitakoredaz, I missed this comment!  I'll look into this for sure.  laugh

• Roboman28Roboman28 Posts: 210
    edited March 2016
    simtenero said:

Hello Roboman,

Just to confirm, the fix is deifnitely live, a lot of folks have been able to confirm, but I should clarify the specific version is DS 4.8.0.59 and later.

I was running DS 4.8.0.55 and you can only download DS 4.9 now. 

I noted that the 'updated' files are the same size and times as I originally downloaded. Possibly the updated files weren't made available using manual install option but I speculate. Under the circumstances not worth either of us pursuing this.

I am experimenting with DS 4.9 and zone smoother works fine with this. (Cancelled my request for money back).

Post edited by Roboman28 on
  • mrinalmrinal Posts: 641
    cosmo71 said:
    simtenero said:

oh yes, a zone size value (slider) would be cool

I would even settle for another speedometer dial for it, similar the iterations one.

edited April 2016
    simtenero said:

Hello Roboman,

Hello, as written before, I really like this product but I have one question. I have installed it via DIM and it was installed under scripts, so far so good but I want it installed and working under a self created folder under people - genesis3female - selfmade for example because I do not want to jump between the script folder and the people folder, you know? I just have done copy/paste on the script but that did not work.

Post edited by cosmo71 on
    cosmo71 said:
    simtenero said:

Hello Roboman,

Hello, as written before, I really like this product but I have one question. I have installed it via DIM and it was installed under scripts, so far so good but I want it installed and working under a self created folder under people - genesis3female - selfmade for example because I do not want to jump between the script folder and the people folder, you know? I just have done copy/paste on the script but that did not work.

You should be able to copy-paste the script, so long as it is in the same content library it was original installed to.  But a better option might be adding it to your menu.  To do that, just navigate to the script in your library, right click and select "Create Custom Action" at the bottom of the options.  The script will then be accessible from the main DS menu under "Scripts" so no more having to navigate around to launch it! :-)

simtenero said:
    cosmo71 said:
    simtenero said:

Hello Roboman,

You should be able to copy-paste the script, so long as it is in the same content library it was original installed to.  But a better option might be adding it to your menu.  To do that, just navigate to the script in your library, right click and select "Create Custom Action" at the bottom of the options.  The script will then be accessible from the main DS menu under "Scripts" so no more having to navigate around to launch it! :-)

well if I copy and paste the script, the windows opens when I click the icon but the indow is black so I can`t select any bodypart

the other thing I will try

worked (the menu bar thing) didn`t know that this is possible, many thanks for the information, I use DS since 2010 and everyday you learn something new smiley

cosmo71 said:

worked (the menu bar thing) didn`t know that this is possible, many thanks for the information, I use DS since 2010 and everyday you learn something new smiley

No problem!  I didn't know about that one for a while either laugh

• ZombieLoveZombieLove Posts: 31

I bought this and would definately do so for G3M version. Please make this version before making any others... G2M version would be good too! The most annoying thing about the SWOL guys is the armpits... such bad collisions. Also, it would be great if you could make a mode to "squish" the arms when they are at a character's side? This may not be possible but it would be nice to add to the tool. Thanks so much for such a WONDERFUL tool!

I bought this and would definately do so for G3M version. Please make this version before making any others... G2M version would be good too! The most annoying thing about the SWOL guys is the armpits... such bad collisions. Also, it would be great if you could make a mode to "squish" the arms when they are at a character's side? This may not be possible but it would be nice to add to the tool. Thanks so much for such a WONDERFUL tool!

A Gensis 3 Male(s) version is inbound and will hopefully be available on the store latert this week! laugh

• mrinalmrinal Posts: 641

Does this include the zone size adjustment dials as suggested earlier?

• James_HJames_H Posts: 1,009

Is there any discount on G3M for those who bought the G3F? Bit annoying if not, as there is a bundle price. Nothing shows for me at present.

• outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679

So this product help smooth out the nasty creases in this morph? This morph is nothing more than Girl 7 with Breast Gone in a hastily thrown together scene. It is at max to show how bad it is. It looks ok in some poses, but most poses cause this crease. If this can help you've got a sale.

• Yes, it does help.

• James_HJames_H Posts: 1,009

OK, sorry there is no reply to my earlier message. I guess I will wait for this to come up on sale in the future and I'll remember for the future if products come out in a single sex offering. Doesn't seem a good way to get early adopters, if they are then shafted  when Part 2 arrives.

jash147 said:

OK, sorry there is no reply to my earlier message. I guess I will wait for this to come up on sale in the future and I'll remember for the future if products come out in a single sex offering. Doesn't seem a good way to get early adopters, if they are then shafted  when Part 2 arrives.

Hello Jash, I'm very sorry about that.  I tried to request a discount, but I may not have gone about it correctly, or it may have been decided that wasn't the best route.  I'm still learning the ropes, but I am honestly sorry if anyone feels they got short-handed a little by getting the first version early.  :-(  If there are similar situations (bundles including previous products) I will try my best to have a discount included.

• Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,151

I'll also skip for now. It's absolutely fine that you price your stuff the way you like. But I'm pretty much spoilt by Zev0 who has a near to perfect way of doing things. Whenever you buy a single-sex product (say Fit Control for G3F) from him, you can be sure that there's a discount for early buyers once the other-sex option and the bundle becomes available.