Do Over . . how to uninstall so I can reinstall 4.9

2»

Comments

• decalive69decalive69 Posts: 0

Why they make it so complicated to unisntall this program??? is a simple way?? I dont want to instal a program to uninstall DAZ3d, whats the reason?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,580

How did you install it, Daz Install Manager or stand-alone installer?  What problem are you having?

• Why can not enter my ".Duls" ? This error message :
    "Could not open file: / AnimalMilleniumSub DragonLE.duf File does not exist.."
    I uninstalled with DAZ DAZ 4.9 uninstall and reinstall always the same problem

• I am having the same issues. I didn't realize that one drive was where all my stuff was storing to and it said I needed to upgrade my space. Forget that! I wanted to save it to my C drive. I had to uninstall Daz3D and all of its componants, go in and change my PC to save all my items to my C drive. Once I reinstalled my Daz it didn't work right. I spent all day doing this, 3 installs/ unistalls. I feel like an idiot :( now it still doesn't work! It says it can't find some of my items and I have no idea what to do now. Why in the world is it so hard to do a simple unistall/reinstall  for this program?

• Why is there no help or answers for this issue? My program doesn't work right anymore after tying to re-install Daz3D 4.9. I turned in a ticket but no one could help give an answer. This is frustrating to say the least!

• did you uninstall through ?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,580

How and to what location are you installing?  Can you go to Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager, expand the sections, and post a screenshot?

• I have unistalled and reinstalled and now I have no smart content panel and none of my charactors or materials are where they should be. Why is it that when you unistall Daz3d then re-install everything is completely messed up?  This is so fruistrating frown

Also I got this arror:

2016-49-28 12:49:26.029 WARNING: libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
    2016-49-28 12:49:26.105 Compiling OpenGL Shader...
    2016-49-28 12:49:26.153 Vertex Shader:
    No errors.
    Vertex Shader compiled successfully.
    Fragment Shader:
    WARNING: 0:108: 'assing' : implict conversion between types allowed from GLSL 1.20
    WARNING: 0:119: 'assing' : implict conversion between types allowed from GLSL 1.20

• Please address your content issues in your other thread, don't spread the same question over multiple threads.

Nothing in the log excerpt seems serious - the colour profile error is harmless, I'm not sure what the warnings are about but they are not serious (level 0) so it may just be for people writing shader code (which you aren't) to ensure they don't lose a compatibility that they want.

• I am having the exact same problem.  Just got a new computer and the SSD drive is only 250GB.  And with all the Daz3d content I have I can fill 1 or more Terabytes.

I hate to have to use Daz Connect to put into the E drive.  I told DIM that I wanted content to download to the E drive and it still ends up in C.   I am at the point of shipping

the new computer back to NYC, if I don't find a solution first.  Since Daz3d was the main reason for getting a high end computer with a 1070 GPU.

If someone comes up with a magic solution, please let me know.

Kent

• kentphoto said:
    I hate to have to use Daz Connect to put into the E drive.  I told DIM that I wanted content to download to the E drive and it still ends up in C.

That's because you've only told DIM to download the installers to your E: drive. What you need to do, I think, is tell DIM to install the downloaded content to your E: drive — download and install are two different functions, and DIM will store the installers and the unpacked content files in two different places (unless you tell it not to keep the installers after placing the unpacked files into your content folders).

• mwalcott52mwalcott52 Posts: 8
    edited December 2016

Please address your content issues in your other thread, don't spread the same question over multiple threads.

Nothing in the log excerpt seems serious - the colour profile error is harmless, I'm not sure what the warnings are about but they are not serious (level 0) so it may just be for people writing shader code (which you aren't) to ensure they don't lose a compatibility that they want.

If you are addressing me I am not sure what other "thread" you are talking about. All I know is I can not use my product and I have had it less than a year.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Please address your content issues in your other thread, don't spread the same question over multiple threads.

If you are addressing me I am not sure what other "thread" you are talking about. All I know is I can not use my product and I have had it less than a year.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/1828101/#Comment_1828101

• Use Revo uninstaller.

• We had the same problem. You need to clear out app data

Uninstall daz

uninstall DIM/central
    **this next part is commonly why things are not fixed or reoccur or go to the wrong drive or location**

Remove the hidden files and stored info from: 

• C:\Users\Your Username\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D (this is different based on where it was created on the drive example, C may be E ect)
    • Remove anything DAZ from here
    • Reboot after this
    • Reinstall everything fresh