#2 Oldie But Goodie

Comments

• FettbemmeFettbemme Posts: 319

mermaid010 said:

I started this Leaning Tower of Pisa model in Bryce 5.5, I think up to the 2nd level. I was encouraged by GussNemo (Jamie) to complete it, which I did in Bryce 7.1Pro.

The terrain is from Landscapes under Fantastic Skies, the arches are free models, so are the bench and flowers. Light is from an Hdri and CloudSphere are from Sky Toolbox.

Leaning Tower - Relocated

has a nice surealistic feel to it

I like it

another fine dreamscape

yes

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,415

Thanks Horo, NGartplay and Fettbemme

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 3,086
    edited July 11

Really old.  Tried making sun rays.

SigBurpeeDoor.jpg
    2200 x 1650 - 1M
    Post edited by NGartplay on

NGartplay said:

Really old.  Tried making sun rays.

must be something important behind this door

great render as always

yes

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,567
    edited July 11

NGartplay - very nice door and plants. The sun rays are a bit faint but visible (it's not easy to get them right, often they are too bright).

The original was made in September 2007 and named Bewildered (see below). The position of the aliens was somewhat adjusted and a dome light added. The HDRI was changed (obviously), rendered with soft shadows and the sun removed.

Confused

This is the original, small, to show the start of the new entry.

Bewildered

NOTE: The HDRI was made in the Lac Souterrain (lake under land), the biggest lake in a cave in Europe. Quite near to where I live, one of the first HDRI I made from nearly 120 exposures. The HDRI is free available on my website (Raytracing > Resources > HR-HDRI (A))

Confused.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 357K
    Bewildered.jpg
    400 x 300 - 50K
    Post edited by Horo on

Lol, Horo, these little fellows are so much fun. Definitely look confused.  Cute

Hey all, I posted the door picture in the wrong post...oops.  The door image is just an old picture.  This challenge is for a new picture made with an old object.

Hey all, I posted the door picture in the wrong post...oops.  The door image is just an old picture.  This challenge is for a new picture made with an old object.

NGartplay - fantastic work, the rays are subtle, very nice, I realize you posted in the wrong thread. 

Horo - now I know where those little guys went, I've being looking for them, both the old and new render are awesome. 

Thank you NGartplay and mermaid.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,902

NGartplay, whether or not the wrong thread, your render is beautiful.

Horo, Both versions are very well done and the characters are cute.

I'm not sure I will be able to create something with an old item, since I think my old items (except the things that come/came with Bryce versions) have all disappeared when I had to change laptop. And what I took over in my new one got the date of taking over as 'last change date'. I will check old renders to see what I used there and see whether I can find something to use that fits the remit of this thread.

Hansmar, there are plenty of old runtime and OBJs for free on the net.  I have hundreds of gigabytes of runtime objects. How about just doing a new render of your glass and toothbrush.  Render it with different lighting or a different angle?

Thank you Hansmar.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,902

NGartplay, Thanks for the suggestion. I think I interpreted your remit as 'oldies you have used before'. I could check some old Bryce files and modify those indeed. I'll think about that.

edited July 21

My 2nd entry

Another object I started in Bryce 5.5 and completed it 2 years later in 7.1 Pro. The City pod and Hdri used for the lighting are from the Deep Space Hdri and the galaxies from Space Construction Kit. The aliens are freebies.

Roby visiting the Alien city

roby-visiting.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 316K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on

mermaid - great entry, well and nicely done space scene.

Thanks Horo

mermaid, that is SO cute!

Thanks NGartplay

mermaid010 said:

My 2nd entry

Another object I started in Bryce 5.5 and completed it 2 years later in 7.1 Pro. The City pod and Hdri used for the lighting are from the Deep Space Hdri and the galaxies from Space Construction Kit. The aliens are freebies.

Roby visiting the Alien city

nice surface detail with the background it gives that spce-ish realism

I have to ask, that green glowing sphere is that in the backdrop or did you make this? It looks awesome

great work

yes

Thanks Fettbemme for the comment. The "green glowing sphere" is from David and Horo's Space Contruction Kit, a must have for space loving Brycers.

mermaid010 said:

Thanks Fettbemme for the comment. The "green glowing sphere" is from David and Horo's Space Contruction Kit, a must have for space loving Brycers.

yeah, definitely

yes

• Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 509
    edited July 28

Hello, again, my friends.  It's good to see you and all the great artwork.  I've been moving and ended up in the hospital with a kidney stone that refused to move, so life has been hectic lately, but all is good now and I'm adding my entry to the contest. I decided to refurbish an object from one of my first posts on the forum.  I don't remember the exact date I posted, but maybe 2008 or 09?  It was my first real step into 3D.  I'd been doing computer graphics using GIMP for years and if you were using GIMP to in the early 2000's it's likely we crossed paths.

Here's the original work with a bridged torus:

My entry was supposed to be much more detailed, so I'm disappointed that I couldn't make it happen.  I ran out of time and skill and Bryce ran out of memory, even with the large aware program in place laugh

Welcome to Grayscale City, where everything is monotone, with the exception of the sky and water, but City scientists are working on plans to correct that those little problems.  The city wanted to have a carnival for the residents and decided to add a twist and let the carnival consultant use colored objects.  An AI consulting team was enlisted because AI knows everything, even if they've never had experience with such an undertaking.  Well, like all projects, there were some problems to work through, but city building officials weren't impressed with the progress and put a cease and desist order on it until the issues were corrected. 

However, the AI team pushed forward and had the carousel, tilt-a-whirl, ferris wheel and the multi-purpose roller coaster/tire swings/sky launch in place.  Tire swing?  Did I mention "tire swing"?  Yes, you see, AI team wanted to add a little retro feel to the park and added a tire swing several hundred feet in the air, with no safety equipment.  AI just doesn't know everything.  Instead of waiting until the city allowed the project to move forward, they decided to do some testing of the tire swing, which, as you see, went badly.  The city sent out an enforcement team to evaluate, but the pilot's hand slipped of the accelrator and hit the laser, pulverizing the tire, resulting in the tester falling to the ground without a parachute.  The robot assigned to assist with the testing was devastated, but not as much as the guy being shot out of the tire swing.  Such a sad day in futury...it's not history becuase it hasn't happened yet, but I know a lot about the future. coolcheeky  AI really doesn't know everything. LOLOL

My entry: Grayscale City

The intent was to have it somewhat populated with people using a crowd billboard package I bought from the DAZ shop, but I couldn't get the instancing to work and Bryce shut down quickly.  The roller coaster was going to have some cars on it and where it enters the water, the consultant forgot to add tunnels to just give the riders the perception of going into and out of the water, not plunging them face first in it. Sigh...I hope I can make that work in the future. 

Items used: David and Horo's Object Clouds 2D & 3D - Devils Bridge, Lake City by Herminio_Nieves & Carousel, tilt-a-whirl, and ferris wheel by Birdman from ShareCG.com.
    Michael, C.I.M.A.U. robot and SkyCar from DAZ store.

BridgedTorus64.jpg
    800 x 800 - 309K
    Grayscale City .jpg
    1434 x 687 - 862K
    Post edited by Fencepost52 on

Fencepost52 - great to hear that the stone left your kidney, Art. It was not a welcome guest, I reckon.
    The looped torus is a great entry, oldie bur goldie. Nice Grayscale City, quite elaborate. Nice story, too.

Thank you, Horo.  Definitely an unwelcome guest.  

The backstory is always important wink and for those of you concerned with the health of the guy who was shot out of the tire swing, he's doing ok.  He's in the hospital, but his family says he's on the mend and the consultant will pay for everything for the rest of his life. coollaugh

Fencepost52 said:

Hello, again, my friends.  It's good to see you and all the great artwork.  I've been moving and ended up in the hospital with a kidney stone that refused to move, so life has been hectic lately, but all is good now and I'm adding my entry to the contest. I decided to refurbish an object from one of my first posts on the forum.  I don't remember the exact date I posted, but maybe 2008 or 09?  It was my first real step into 3D.  I'd been doing computer graphics using GIMP for years and if you were using GIMP to in the early 2000's it's likely we crossed paths.

Here's the original work with a bridged torus:

My entry was supposed to be much more detailed, so I'm disappointed that I couldn't make it happen.  I ran out of time and skill and Bryce ran out of memory, even with the large aware program in place laugh

Welcome to Grayscale City, where everything is monotone, with the exception of the sky and water, but City scientists are working on plans to correct that those little problems.  The city wanted to have a carnival for the residents and decided to add a twist and let the carnival consultant use colored objects.  An AI consulting team was enlisted because AI knows everything, even if they've never had experience with such an undertaking.  Well, like all projects, there were some problems to work through, but city building officials weren't impressed with the progress and put a cease and desist order on it until the issues were corrected. 

However, the AI team pushed forward and had the carousel, tilt-a-whirl, ferris wheel and the multi-purpose roller coaster/tire swings/sky launch in place.  Tire swing?  Did I mention "tire swing"?  Yes, you see, AI team wanted to add a little retro feel to the park and added a tire swing several hundred feet in the air, with no safety equipment.  AI just doesn't know everything.  Instead of waiting until the city allowed the project to move forward, they decided to do some testing of the tire swing, which, as you see, went badly.  The city sent out an enforcement team to evaluate, but the pilot's hand slipped of the accelrator and hit the laser, pulverizing the tire, resulting in the tester falling to the ground without a parachute.  The robot assigned to assist with the testing was devastated, but not as much as the guy being shot out of the tire swing.  Such a sad day in futury...it's not history becuase it hasn't happened yet, but I know a lot about the future. coolcheeky  AI really doesn't know everything. LOLOL

My entry: Grayscale City

The intent was to have it somewhat populated with people using a crowd billboard package I bought from the DAZ shop, but I couldn't get the instancing to work and Bryce shut down quickly.  The roller coaster was going to have some cars on it and where it enters the water, the consultant forgot to add tunnels to just give the riders the perception of going into and out of the water, not plunging them face first in it. Sigh...I hope I can make that work in the future. 

Items used: David and Horo's Object Clouds 2D & 3D - Devils Bridge, Lake City by Herminio_Nieves & Carousel, tilt-a-whirl, and ferris wheel by Birdman from ShareCG.com.
    Michael, C.I.M.A.U. robot and SkyCar from DAZ store.

fantastic renders Fencepost52

yes

Great torii knot fencepost!  Is that a new render of an old object? 

Love the complexity of your city.  Wonderful submission.

Thank you, Fettbemme & NGartplay! No, that's the first object I created, used Bryce to render, and I believe it's the first thing I ever posted on the Bryce forums.  I'm sure I have objects that are older in my collection, they were made by someone else and I wanted this submission to be more personal, so I turned it into a fair ride! LOL

Art - glad you are feeling much better. The looped torus fits beautifully in the new render, wonderful result.

fencepost, I love it.  New renders, of old objects, are required.  That's why I asked.