Lightning Storm - Gothic Ruins

Bryce Challenge 2 - Lightning Storm 2.jpg
    1067 x 600 - 359K
    Bryce Challenge 2 - Lightning Storm 2 WIP.png
    1922 x 1036 - 680K
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 875
    edited July 6

One of the first objects I bought was "Under The Bridge". Previously, I had only bought Victoria 3.0 and 4.2 and Perfect Shoes and Stockings. But I could not find any pictures made with them.

The link to my old file

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/5060841598615552#image=12966

And here the new one

Oldie But Goodie Under The Bridge

OldieButGoodie_Challenge_V1.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 710K
    Post edited by Electro-Elvis on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,481

Electro-Elvis - Awesome !

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,415
    edited July 6

NGartplay said:

mermaid, I have pages and pages of images.  They just happen to be very old.  I don't have much in the way of 'new' works.  I like to bring products into Bryce for my images but I have so much trouble with materials and transparencies that I stopped.  Bryce 5.5 was my version of choice.  Version 7 seems harder to use with Daz3D products, imo.

Sorry to hear that, maybe there is a work around, as you know I only use Bryce so I don't know much about the bridge etc. Bryce 5.5 the first version I tried and gave up after 5 or 6 months. It was only after getting the 7.1 Pro and watching David's and Horo's tutorials and I started doodling in Bryce and I am still having Fun Doodling. But you can still share your old renders in the "Show Us" thread. smiley

Post edited by mermaid010 on

Horo - awesome render, I see two aliens in the nebula, one below the front and one at the back of the habitat.

Bunyip02 - fantastic Gothic Ruins, love the lighting.

Electro-Elvis - great render, very apt background.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,567

Thank you Bunyip02, great lightning storm over Gothic ruins.

Electro-Elvis - very cool bridge scene.

mermaid - thank you. Ah one is another nebula and the other the actual Horsehead nebula.

• FettbemmeFettbemme Posts: 319

Electro-Elvis said:

One of the first objects I bought was "Under The Bridge". Previously, I had only bought Victoria 3.0 and 4.2 and Perfect Shoes and Stockings. But I could not find any pictures made with them.

The link to my old file

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/5060841598615552#image=12966

And here the new one

Oldie But Goodie Under The Bridge

great color grading here

I like it

it has cinenatic quality

keep up the good work

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 3,086
    edited July 6

Elvis, I love that product.  I have it too and never used it.  This is why I wanted people to use old objects.  Dig them out and make a new image.  Great job.

Bunyip02, loving the electric strike here.  Wonderful render and atmosphere.

Horo, such a cool space object/ship. I love your space scenes.  Is this an old image?  If so, could you rerender it so that it's new?  Would love for it to be in the challenge.

Just to remind people, new images only, thanks bunches.

Post edited by NGartplay on
  • Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 875

bunyip02, mermaid010, Horo, Fettbemme, NGArtplay: Thank you very much.

NGartplay - thank you. Yes, that is the old render from 2003. I though it needs to be an old one, misunderstanding on my side as usual. Yes, I can make a new scene with the habitat, I remade the object in 2015 so I can make a new render that is valid for the challenge.

I seem to have trouble expressing myself in these challenges.  I'm sorry Horo.  The image needs to be a new image using an old product.  The only other rule was to not just plop an object into a blank scene and render it.

I wish that I was better at explaining myself.

mermaid - Thanks !

Horo - Thanks !

NGartplay - Thanks !

edited July 7

1955 EU Auto with some Bryce XFrog trees

Bryce Challenge 2 - 1955 EU Auto.jpg
    1067 x 600 - 475K
    Bryce Challenge 2 - 1955 EU Auto WIP.jpg
    1919 x 1040 - 1M
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on

Great scene Bunyip02!

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 2,146

Horo said:

Thank you Bunyip02, great lightning storm over Gothic ruins.

Electro-Elvis - very cool bridge scene.

mermaid - thank you. Ah one is another nebula and the other the actual Horsehead nebula.

+ 1 

Lovely scene   Bunyip02

edited July 7

Bunyip02 - great entry with the car we called xx-Gamelle (Gamelle = mess kit, soldiers cooking and eating kit, xx is a name I may not mention here).

Ok, here we go again. The habitat was assembled anew with three parts (not five) and a Patrol Spaceship by Angle Estevez added. The sky and ambient light by an HDRI I made from an image of the Eagle Nebula M16 NGC 6611 with the Pillars of Creation. Name of the scene: Visit to Habitat.

Visit to Habitat

VisitToHabitat.jpg
    1200 x 780 - 226K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,902

Wonderful idea and great examples already. I'll think about it and hope to come up with some renders.

Horo said:

Bunyip02 - great entry with the car we called xx-Gamelle (Gamelle = mess kit, soldiers cooking and eating kit, xx is a name I may not mention here).

Ok, here we go again. The habitat was assembled anew with three parts (not five) and a Patrol Spaceship by Angle Estevez added. The sky and ambient light by an HDRI I made from an image of the Eagle Nebula M16 NGC 6611 with the Pillars of Creation. Name of the scene: Visit to Habitat.

Visit to Habitat

cool - to boldly go where no one has gone before smiley

Wow Horo, what a fantastic space scene.  THANK you for rerendering for the challenge.

Thank you Hansmar, Fettbemme and NGartplay.

edited July 8

Horo said:

image of the Eagle Nebula M16 NGC 6611

and where did you get the image from  ??    &   looks good   +   Thanx 

Post edited by ed3D on

ed3D - thank you. Honestly, I do not remember from where I got the initial photo from the Eagle Nebula, somewhere from the web I guess. I made (well, cheated) an Angular Map HDRI from it 9 years ago.

Horo said:

ed3D - thank you. Honestly, I do not remember from where I got the initial photo from the Eagle Nebula, somewhere from the web I guess. I made (well, cheated) an Angular Map HDRI from it 9 years ago.

9 years ago... in terms of space that was a minute ago smiley

looking great, Horo

keep up the good work

Wow amazing space scene Horo, it's fantastic.

Thank you mermaid and Fettbemme.

Horo said:

+  alrite then  -   Thanx     heart

edited July 10

I started this Leaning Tower of Pisa model in Bryce 5.5, I think up to the 2nd level. I was encouraged by GussNemo (Jamie) to complete it, which I did in Bryce 7.1Pro.

The terrain is from Landscapes under Fantastic Skies, the arches are free models, so are the bench and flowers. Light is from an Hdri and CloudSphere are from Sky Toolbox.

Leaning Tower - Relocated

leaningtower-relocated.jpg
    950 x 475 - 391K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on

mermaid - amazing modeling work with the Pisa tower. And very nicely presented in this elsewhere place.

Oh wow mermaid.  Awesome Pisa model and the scene is gorgeous.