BRYCE RENDER CHALLENGE ♫♫♫ MUSIC ♫♫♫

Comments

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444

Okay... here is my first entry...

Title:  Ear Worm - Can't Get That Tune Out Of  My Head

I always have tunes going on in my head... Most frequently I whistle under my breath  Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D Minor...
    It's playing now...

Ear Worms- Can't get that tune out of my head.jpg
    960 x 720 - 506K
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,189

Wow - Hansmar, beautiful work yes

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,296

The imagination of you folks is amazing. I really like all the entries.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,802

@mtnmenadbcmermaid010: Thanks, took a while brewing, before I knew what to try.

@mtnmen: Strange render. For me, the close-up of the man and his hair lacks a bit in detail to be fully agreeable. But I really like the idea with the sheet music in the back.

Presently I'm listening to one of my 12 (!) CDs of 'Canto Ostinato' by Dutch composer Simeon ten Holt. It is a minimalistic, serial piece of classical music, which gets to be very meditative (or hypnotic). It consists of elements that players can vary (in when they play what and for how long) and it is usally played for 45 minutes to 2 hours, often as a lay-down concert. By the way, not everyone can appreciate music that sounds much the same for minutes upon end. Takes some getting used to. I might try to have a quick go at an interpretation of that wonderful piece. 

• LianaLiana Posts: 1,035

Loads of imagination. Nice work!

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444

Hey Hansmar...

I can only agree with everything you said about my render... I have had such difficulty with this particular challenge.. and in truth... I just got frustrated on this image to a point that I just threw my hands up and said "Fine Fine Fine... Time to think of something else...  We'll see if my thinking of something else comes up with another image... or just becomes a mental fugue that  stays in my head... we'll see...or not.

BTW hansmar...I appreciate your comments and your not candy coating them...

Steve

• AtlantisAtlantis Posts: 133
    edited February 2016

Close encounters of the third kind.

One of the best movies ever with a awesome connection to music as communication with 5 simple notes G, A, F, (octave lower) F, C or sung "Aaya Re! Aaya!"

Terrains, cubes, cylinders,flatted spheres and Bryce tree's

0000closeencounters2.jpg
    1200 x 575 - 405K
    Post edited by Chohole on

@mtnmen: You're welcome. I try to be honest, but nice.

@Atlantis: Nice render. A bit dark, I think. Maybe a bit more light might make it even better.

edited February 2016

I did make a quick one, inspired by Canto Ostinato. Tried to catch the meandering, repetitive piano sounds that you can enjoy in a relaxed way. Only postwork is reformatting from Tiff to JPG after saving in Tiff (because the JPG output by Bryce is not very good).

Name: Canto Ostinato.

canto ostinato.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 756K
    Post edited by Hansmar on

@Hansmar : thnx for the comment....

edited February 2016

Nr: 2: And again only: terrains, cubes, cylinders,flatted spheres and Bryce tree's

0000closeencounters2.jpg
    1200 x 575 - 509K
    edited March 2016

Nr 3: Close encounters of the third kind

One of the best movies ever with a awesome connection to music as communication with 5 simple notes G, A, F, (octave lower) F, C or sung "Aaya Re! Aaya!"

And again only: terrains, cubes, cylinders,flatted spheres and Bryce tree's

0000closeencounters3.jpg
    1200 x 575 - 396K
    Post edited by Atlantis on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Atlantis, as these are variations on the same theme, are they just WIP, or are all 3 entries? 

@Atlantis: If you have to choose, I would prefer number 3, because of the great focus on the table mountain. But number 2 also looks very good!

Again great entries.

Atlantis - I agree with Hansmar.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,107
    edited February 2016

I'm not using much more than the instancing in Byrce yet, here's an image that is pretty much just instancing... :)

Title: Helping grass grow... :)

bryce_music.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 359K
    Post edited by Ati on

@Ati: Great idea! And generally well done, but I would make the grass a lighter colour.Not too light, but a little lighter anyway. And you could use either a distant fill light (strength 5 or so), or IBL from the sky (use sky option) to light the shadows a bit. If you use IBL, do not forget to turn on the sun agaon to have the directional light of the sun. The combination of lighter grass and some light on the shadows will probably improve this to a very great render.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,115

mtnmen : I know all about frustration ! I like the idea, looked at it in a different way, say like a poster and in my opinion it's a nice image, different but that's just the good of it.

Atlantis : I would definitely go for nr.3

Ati : Nice render.

Hansmar : Would like to float with the sound of the piano ! Great image.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,107
    edited February 2016
    Hansmar said:

@Ati: Great idea! And generally well done, but I would make the grass a lighter colour.Not too light, but a little lighter anyway. And you could use either a distant fill light (strength 5 or so), or IBL from the sky (use sky option) to light the shadows a bit. If you use IBL, do not forget to turn on the sun agaon to have the directional light of the sun. The combination of lighter grass and some light on the shadows will probably improve this to a very great render.

Thank you for the feedback. I added some more light through IBL, and it helped a lot with both the shadows and the grass. Here's the new version:

bryce_music_hdr.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 382K
    Post edited by Ati on
  • Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 499
    edited February 2016

Excellent images all around. Some very imaginative concepts on the theme. I’ve enjoyed them all very much!

Here’s my entry:

“Seusaphone Exhibit”

An homage to the wildly  and whacky musical instrments created by Dr. Seuss.

Seusaphone modled in Modo.

Genesis 2 figure by DAZ.

Character, textures, hair and dress by Out Of Touch (renderosity).

Posed in DAZ Studio.

HDRI image by Horo Wernli. Used for IBL and as backdrop.

Rendered at 64 RPP with True Ambience and Soft Shadows. Render time about 2 1/2 hours.

Thanks for looking!

seussaphone.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 129K
    Post edited by Dan Whiteside on

@adbc: Thank you.

@Ati: Certainly better, but the grass is still rather dark, I think. You might consider modifying the texture somewhat to make it lighter? But, maybe I just like more light than you. Always make your own choices!

@Dan Whiteside: What a great looking instrument! Very nice depth also.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,189
    edited February 2016

Another set of beautiful, inspiring entries by everyone.yes

I really enjoying doing these challenges and did not want to miss it. After searching for cool “affordable” objects, I decided to use Photoshop brushes as heightmaps for my only entry this time round. Good Luck everyone smiley

Floral Music

floralmusic.jpg
    600 x 600 - 275K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859

nice one mermaid :)

Great renders and great imagination.

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,612

There's some really great pictures here, I love looking at them.

What with various distractions it's now the last day and I haven't had as much time as I wanted to work on this, but I thought I'd join in anyway. So here is my entry called "Off the Record"

OffTheRecord.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 220K
  • LianaLiana Posts: 1,035

Cool renders. :) I am in no way ready for a Bryce contest, plus I don't have any music stuff anyways. I am going to enjoy everyone's entries though. :)

• more beutiful Artworks here :-)

I have one more too:

Legends of Music - Ray Charles.

Music Legends - Ray Charles.jpg
    1400 x 787 - 717K
  • Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 863
    edited February 2016

Hm, I could not entirely finish my work, but I think I do share it anyway. I hope I am not too late. I call it Mountain Music, but I'm afraid, had not the time for the mountains.

Mountain Music

@Great pictures here

mountainmusic.jpg
    933 x 700 - 610K
    Post edited by Electro-Elvis on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited February 2016

Rushed this one, just so as I got one in this time.  Isn't quite how I planned it to be, but at least I entered.

Music for the Royal FIreworks.

music for 1.jpg
    674 x 900 - 530K
  • Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859

very intersting and awesome renders great work :) 

@Chohole, interesting and colourful render! ....i love it, awesome work :)