The Sky is Falling Complaint Thread

Comments

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047

Sfariah D said:

I am having difficulty finding something to get with my DAZ+ coupon but the filters aren't working right.

Oh dear my computer battery is low which means I need to find the charger.

Maybe they are clogged... you should change your filters ever three months and make sure they are facing the proper direction with the airflow or they won't filter efficiently.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,100

McGyver said:

Sfariah D said:

I am having difficulty finding something to get with my DAZ+ coupon but the filters aren't working right.

Maybe they are clogged... you should change your filters ever three months and make sure they are facing the proper direction with the airflow or they won't filter efficiently.

My computer has filters? 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,633

McGyver said:

Amusing discovery... Go to O'Reilly Auto Parts website and in the search bar type in "121G"... Let me know what you find.

Too bad it is not available for purchase. I think there are a few DeLoreans around I could use it on 

McGyver said:

Sfariah D said:

now I understand  

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,167

McGyver said:

Amusing discovery... Go to O'Reilly Auto Parts website and in the search bar type in "121G"... Let me know what you find.

laugh

Great to see you back!  How are you? 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,010
    edited June 10

Non-complaint;

Lengthofday.PNG
    578 x 111 - 6K
    Post edited by PerttiA on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930
    edited June 10

McGyver said:

...nice, I ordered two, one for backup in case I forgot where I parked

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,439
    edited June 10

McGyver said:

Ah, been looking for one of those.  Too bad they're listed as "not available".  Oh well, no need for a DeLorean now either.frown

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

I wish I had one today as well as a car that it will work with?

IMG_2154.png
    1170 x 2532 - 1M
  • AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,404
    edited June 11

McGyver said:

Dang, I was about to grab the keys to the Delorean.

Post edited by AgitatedRiot on
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047

DanaTA said:

McGyver said:

laugh

Great to see you back!  How are you? 

Thanks... another day older and none the wiser... just as dismayed, disappointed and disgruntled as ever...

I miss being mayed, appointed and gruntled...

I still have my gruntling sombrero... but it's not the same wearing it without the viking horns attached... well, horns... Vikings didn't have horns... not to imply they weren't horny, just that they didn't grow them naturally out of the sides of their heads... nor actually did they attach them to their helmets as in pop culture depictions of vikings... they actually decorated their helmets with flowers and elaborate displays of stuffed birds and feathers... no wait... that was Victorian high society ladies... they were actually the ones who started the horns on the hats thing... but dead birds and flowers were more colorful and there were less gorings when they'd head butt each other during social displays around mating season... or something like that.

There is a guy on the bus who seems to be asleep.  Either that or he thinks he is a Venus fly trap?

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,722

The termites falling from the sky and the Venus Flytrap man are obviously connected. He's probably some kind of hero who doesn't know it yet.

edited June 11

Non-complaint:  Made a big pot of spaghetti this morning.  Actually it's more of a chili-ghetti.  Two quarts spaghetti sauce, one box of spaghetti, one medium sized onion, 1 pound hamburg, 2 cans diced tomatoes, 1 small can sliced mushrooms, 1 can chili beans, lots of black pepper, chili pepper, & cayenne pepper.  Cooking all done, divided into 6 freezable containers.  Lunch is over.  Mmmm, that's-a-spicy spaghetti.yes  Wash up all done too.smiley

Complaint:  Wanderlust has returned and I figured it was time to go do laundry again.  I prepared my mind and my laundry cart, called the APB (i.e. Ancient-Person's Bus) to schedule a pickup for tomorrow morning.  But the moment I hung up I realized I'd asked her for a ride to the medical center instead of the laundromat five miles away.frown  Too much trouble to reschedule, so I'll make the best of it and just go to the medical center then walk south across the street to Tim Horton's for breakfast, then walk to the east end of the parking lot to shop at BigLots, then go north across the street again to peruse the CVS drugstore, then go back south across the street to the bank on the west end of the parking lot for some cash, and finally, return to Tim Hortons for another cup of coffee while I wait for an Uber to go home.  All that walking will tucker me out, but the weather's cooperating, clear, sunny, 68-72F,  Wheee..., a mini-adventure.yes 

I'll do laundry next week.enlightened

LeatherGryphon said:

McGyver said:

Ah, been looking for one of those.  Too bad they're listed as "not available".  Oh well, no need for a DeLorean now either.frown

...wonder if it will work with a Cybertruck as those have a stainless steel body as well  Should also be able to hold several Mr. Fusions™ in the back.

edited June 12

Complaint:  Apparently I'm forgettable.frown  Again, the APB (Ancient-Person's Bus) forgot me and whizzed right on by.  I called and reported it.  About 12 minutes later they come back from the same direction meaning he had to have gone around the "block" (at least a 5 miles distance on country roads, either way they go, whether up over the hills or across the swamp)  So, after I was onboard then he was racing back along his route, and the next pickup still wasn't ready.  That pickup is always late.  I don't understand why people can't be ready to leave the house 10 minutes before the bus is scheduled to arrive.  I am, that's how I noticed the bus whizzing on by me.angry

Non-complaint:  I did everything on my itinerary, TimHorton's, CVS, Bank, BigLots, Uber  And I now have cash, new pillow cases and snacks in the house again.  Yay!yes  Mischief managed.

edited June 12

kyoto kid said:

LeatherGryphon said:

McGyver said:

...wonder if it will work with a Cybertruck as those have a stainless steel body as well  Should also be able to hold several Mr. Fusions™ in the back.

Ford made a few stainless steel cars too, back in the last century.  https://www.foxnews.com/auto/rare-stainless-steel-ford-lincoln-sale

I actually saw one of the three '67 stainless steel Lincoln Continentals ever produced, at a Lincoln convention in Williamsburg, VA.  At the time, early '90s, we had a '66 Lincoln Continental (suicide doors) and felt right at home among the hundreds of old Lincolns.  If you're going to time travel, do it in spacious comfort with a mid 20th century Lincoln.enlightened

Note:  We sold our '66 Lincoln to a museum in Arizona where it will live out its life in dry heat.

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,404

LeatherGryphon said:

Complaint:  Apparently I'm forgettable.frown  Again, the APB (Ancient-Person's Bus) forgot me and whizzed right on by.  I called and reported it.  About 12 minutes later they come back from the same direction meaning he had to have gone around the "block" (at least a 5 miles distance on country roads, either way they go, whether up over the hills or across the swamp)  So, after I was onboard then he was racing back along his route, and the next pickup still wasn't ready.  That pickup is always late.  I don't understand why people can't be ready to leave the house 10 minutes before the bus is scheduled to arrive.  I am, that's how I noticed the bus whizzing on by me.angry

Non-complaint:  I did everything on my itinerary, TimHorton's, CVS, Bank, BigLots, Uber  And I now have cash, new pillow cases and snacks in the house again.  Yay!yes  Mischief managed.

They don't know the Philosophy of hurry up and wait. Maybe it's because they don't know if you are on time, you are late.

edited June 13

Non-complaint:  Mutant Robin -- While midlessly doing dishes and staring out the kitchen window I spied a mutant Robin with black feathers on his breast instead of red.surprise   There was some red, but it was in a horseshoe shape with the rounded part at the top of the breast.  Either that or he's been nesting on a coal pile.indecision

Complaint:  He flew away before I could get a camera.frown

LeatherGryphon said:

Non-complaint:  Mutant Robin -- While midlessly doing dishes and staring out the kitchen window I spied a mutant Robin with black feathers on his breast instead of red.surprise   There was some red, but it was in a horseshoe shape with the rounded part at the top of the breast.  Either that or he's been nesting on a coal pile.indecision

There are several birds that look like the American Robin.  The Varied Thrush is very similar.  Did that arch look like a U or one of the Golden Arches?  (upside down U)  I couldn't find any with the latter.  It could very well be a hybrid.  Or, it could just have been a Juvenile that hasn't gotten its full coloring yet.

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,722
    Yes, so last night the National Weather Service literally said we had a chance of hail ranging from "large to giant size". I should have done a screen capture. Anyway, the sky didn't fall at all. But there were lots of lights and sounds and I'm sure a few of the birds' breasts changed color briefly.
    edited June 14

DanaTA said:

LeatherGryphon said:

There are several birds that look like the American Robin.  The Varied Thrush is very similar.  Did that arch look like a U or one of the Golden Arches?  (upside down U)  I couldn't find any with the latter.  It could very well be a hybrid.  Or, it could just have been a Juvenile that hasn't gotten its full coloring yet.

The red marks on my "robin" was sort of a comet or meteor looking thing with the head of the comet near the top of the breast, and the two long "horns" of the crescent comet pointing towards its legs.  With black feathers filling in the center of the breast area between the horns of the comet.  Also, the rest of the body was more black than robinish.  Same size as a robin, and it moved like a robin sort of "bob, bob, bobbin along", indecision  Perhaps it was the product of a forbidden dalliance with a crow?wink

LeatherGryphon said:

kyoto kid said:

LeatherGryphon said:

McGyver said:

Ford made a few stainless steel cars too, back in the last century.  https://www.foxnews.com/auto/rare-stainless-steel-ford-lincoln-sale

I actually saw one of the three '67 stainless steel Lincoln Continentals ever produced, at a Lincoln convention in Williamsburg, VA.  At the time, early '90s, we had a '66 Lincoln Continental (suicide doors) and felt right at home among the hundreds of old Lincolns.  If you're going to time travel, do it in spacious comfort with a mid 20th century Lincoln.enlightened

Note:  We sold our '66 Lincoln to a museum in Arizona where it will live out its life in dry heat.

...indeed those would make for some very classy time machines, and you could put a bunch of Mr. Fusions™ in the boot of that Lincoln.  

LeatherGryphon said:

DanaTA said:

LeatherGryphon said:

The red marks on my "robin" was sort of a comet or meteor looking thing with the head of the comet near the top of the breast, and the two long "horns" of the crescent comet pointing towards its legs.  With black feathers filling in the center of the breast area between the horns of the comet.  Also, the rest of the body was more black than robinish.  Same size as a robin, and it moved like a robin sort of "bob, bob, bobbin along", indecision  Perhaps it was the product of a forbidden dalliance with a crow?wink

Too bad you couldn't get a photo.  Google photo search is pretty good for that kind of search...not perfect, but pretty good.

Has the mail came yet?

Yes, I got the mail already!

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072
    edited June 14
    My mail was from my Medicare provider. It was not a bill so I tossed it. Big Friday here.
    Post edited by TJohn on
    edited June 15

My mail came.  It was a bill.  A doctor's bill.  It was weeks late.  It had the wrong address on it.  But it found its way to me anyway.  Curses on small town postoffices.wink  Although, it was a little bill.  Not scary at all.  Corrected the address.  Zipped out a check.  Put it back in the mail.  Done and finished.yes

edited June 16

Complaint:  Microsoft issued an update (#...4441) more than 6 months ago, that would fail for some people with too small of a "WindowsRE" recovery partition on the drive.  After several months, they announced that they would NOT be issuing a fix for the fix.angry  The solution is to make or enlarge the "WindowsRE" hidden partition.  The instructions on how to do this are littered throughout the Internet, all equally obtuse, incomplete, or obsolete.frown  But I finally found a YouTube clip that seemed to have a good approach using a script, and decided to try my hand at it.  But it went askew!no

Non-complaint:  I have a total of six modern computers.  Five that I keep updated with Win10 (The sixth one has Win11), and all of my Win10 machines have the problem with update #...4441 failing.sad  I tried the scheme outlined by the YouTube article but quickly discovered that the Microsoft documentation pages that it refers to have been removed or modified and I couldn't find it.  So I, being a clever fellow, I figured "I'm an old computer geek, how hard can it be?"  Well..., making a long story short, I did finally get the method to work by doing everything manually(instead of using a script) according to pieced together knowlege from several articles.  Yay, it worked.yes  One down four more to go.

Complaint:  Now filled with confidence, I tackle the next computer the same way and quickly discover that unlike the first computer that had a populated but too small of a hidden "WindowsRE" partition,​ this next computer had no WindowsRE partition at all.indecision  So now the problem is, what's supposed to be in that partition, and how do I get it there?  I have some clues from some of the on-line scattered illiteracy regarding this issue.  But I expect a challenge, because as Rossanne Rossannadana's father used to say: It's always somthin'frown

Non-complaint:  Thankfully, this issue is not critical.  The machine runs fine without it, and one can get recovery operations started in other ways(i.e. Recovery CD or thumbdrive), but regardless, the "...4441" update failure will re-appear everytime one does an update until resolved or disabled.  Neither of which is a simple, danger free option.  And I, being a fastidous ex-geek, would like to have all my ducks in a row and my machines happily purring away.  So I'll visit this again, in less than a DAZ "Soon".

A few hours later:  Yay, and another one bites the dust.smiley  Not the one with the missing "WindowsRE" partition, but another that had had a functioning, but too small of a "WIndowsRE" partition. And yes, it took a couple of hours because that machine is my primary machine and I wanted to get a good, complete backup before I started massaging partition sizes and system apps.enlightened  The actual fix only took about 10 minutes.  Happily, there were no issues, and I now have a new complete backup of my primary machine, and the "...4441" update installed properly.  Happy, happy, joy, joy!yes.

A few minutes later:  Yay, now my DAZing/Gaming machine has been fixed.  Movin' On Up.yes  (System already had a full backup.)

Early Evening:   One more down.  The slow old HP up in my bedroom is now fixed.yes  The only machine left is my old primary machine.  It has been upgraded many times since Win7 and somewhere along the line the drive partitioning got boogered, resulting in the loss of the hidden "WindowsRE" partition.  And 2 or 3 years ago when I converted it from HDD to a modern NVMe SSD I just cloned the existing drive.  Complete with missing partition.frown  Yesterday, while working on it I had already shrunk the OS partition to make room for a new "WindowsRE" partition.  But I still have to figure out how to get proper bits into that partition.indecision  But I'll get back to it tomorrow when my brain is fresh in the morning.enlightened​  

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,641
    edited June 16

Complaint: Wasps are attacking the humming bird nest while the mother tries to feed her babies. Stung one and it died. Only one babyy left so I hosed the living s**t out of the wasp nest two feet away from the humming bird nest  and after the wasp and nests fell from the sky i stomped them with a vengence. Yes I am a serial killer of wasps.

Post edited by ArtAngel on