December 2015 New User Contest - Free Render Month (WIP Thread)

167891012»

Comments

• White RabbitWhite Rabbit Posts: 231
    edited December 2015

The is another version of the hare rider.

Iray_X-Mas_2015_Lady_Riding_Rabbit_Portrait_v21_grn.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 598K
    Post edited by White Rabbit on
  • Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252

That second one is a very nice shot. 

Your rabbit looks great.  The changes are subtle but make a huge difference.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    isidorn said:

Haha Linwelly! You spotted my latest gallery upload? (and thanks)

Here's the first (and possibly last) draft of Ralph the Winter Wonderland Llama! Even if I don't get any changes done in time I'm happy to recieve critizism and suggestions if anyone has any to spare.smiley

Happy new years everyone!

Oh, and Shinji, don't forget to submit your render in the entry thread!

I love the fact that the llama is pink!  Good to see you back lol.

White Rabbit it looks very good.

• Since some of us are already into the new year,  Happy New Year, guys!!! Be safe and I'll see everyone next year or tomorrow, which amazingly enough is actually both!!!!

• That second one is a very nice shot. 

Your rabbit looks great.  The changes are subtle but make a huge difference.

Thank you Kismet. I've really enjoyed working on these.  laugh

• White Rabbit it looks very good.

Thank you Sonja.  I keep trying.  laugh

• White RabbitWhite Rabbit Posts: 231
    edited January 2016

I added some PS Brush effects to this version for the steam from the rider and hare's mouth because of the cold conditions. I wanted to add just a very subtle effect rather than like steam from a kettle which I don't think would feel right.  I also added snow being flung-up from his feet as he jumps over the fallen tree limb.  I felt that the image was out of balance so added another tree to the left and shifted them all around a bit to also provide a better feeling of depth.  I tweked the lighting by playing with the size and shape of the additional photometric light I added to the scene to get the scene a bit brighter.  

Iray_X-Mas_2015_Lady_Riding_Rabbit_v27_v04.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 176K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,802
    edited January 2016

I added some PS Brush effects to this version for the steam from the rider and hare's mouth because of the cold conditions. I wanted to add just a very subtle effect rather than like steam from a kettle which I don't think would feel right.  I also added snow being flung-up from his feet as he jumps over the fallen tree limb.  I felt that the image was out of balance so added another tree to the left and shifted them all around a bit to also provide a better feeling of depth.  I tweked the lighting by playing with the size and shape of the additional photometric light I added to the scene to get the scene a bit brighter.  

This is just great! I hope you and everybody ese have entered their works!

Post edited by Chohole on
  •  

Nothing wrong with post work, it certainly has its place in a render.  I for one love doing postwork but I do want to make the render the best that it can be before it goes to post work.  So here  I am lol.  this looks lovely and really like the child and the sleigh.

I agree, Sonja, on trying to get as much done in the scene before using any postwork as this goes, i think, more with the spirit of the contest.  Thanks for the comment and love your wolf scene.  Very nice mood indeed.    

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252

Contest Closed

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

I really like your rabbit with rider White Rabbit!

• Linwelly said:

This is just great! I hope you and everybody ese have entered their works!

Thank you Linwelly.  laugh

• isidorn said:

I really like your rabbit with rider White Rabbit!

I am most grateful for your comment isadorn.  Thank you so much!

I would also like to wish you, and everyone a very, heart Happy New Year 2016 heart

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664

I really like the rabbit rider and the winter llama!!!

• Joe WebbJoe Webb Posts: 837

I'm really disappointed I couldn't get the computer time to work on my entry. But looking over all the great images and their evolution is better than an art class.

I really love how that rabbit and rider turned out, and the sniper woman.

noseeum said:

Nothing wrong with post work, it certainly has its place in a render.  I for one love doing postwork but I do want to make the render the best that it can be before it goes to post work.  So here  I am lol.  this looks lovely and really like the child and the sleigh.

I agree, Sonja, on trying to get as much done in the scene before using any postwork as this goes, i think, more with the spirit of the contest.  Thanks for the comment and love your wolf scene.  Very nice mood indeed.    

Thank you!  And in case I forgot happy new year to everyone!  See you over on the new thread lol.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,653

I didn't have a chance to work on my entry either with all the hussle and bussel of X-mas so little time for anything at this time of the year buttttt....... I do wish ev1 gl for this months challenge I seen some amazing renders.laugh