Llola Lane’s RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2024 (ALL are welcome to join)

Comments

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,106

Saphirewild said:

Some amazing BIRD images for sure!!

agreed :)

OMG.. It's MAY=TOON/ANIME/MANGA animal month.  Been looking forward to this one ever since I made the list... hum... decisions decisions... lol.  Post'em when ya finish'em!

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,660

OMG I so can't wait to see what peeps come up with for this month!!!

Saphirewild said:

OMG I so can't wait to see what peeps come up with for this month!!!

OMG... I can't wait to see what YOU come up with! :P

• acbacb Posts: 375
    edited May 1

Then I'd like to start with my take on a classic cartoon theme:

The Chase

Chase.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 801K
    Post edited by acb on

I wish I could render something for this one!

I have so many ideas floating around in my head but alas my laptop is still in low memory!!

Saphirewild said:

I wish I could render something for this one!

I have so many ideas floating around in my head but alas my laptop is still in low memory!!

Can you postwork bits and pieces together Saph???  I am willing to render you some toons-n-stuff (in PNG format) if you let me know what you'd like... please message me.  :)

edited May 1

acb said:

Then I'd like to start with my take on a classic cartoon theme:

The Chase

Will that darn cat ever learn???  lol.  Thanks for starting us off acb... Well done!

Post edited by Llola Lane on
  • SapphireBlueSapphireBlue Posts: 874
    edited May 2

Oh I can't believe I missed the last couple of months of this challenge?! crying Can't keep track of time and remember to check the different forum sections... The renders are all looking mighty fine. I need to set aside time to look through them more leisurely...

Okay, TOON/ANIME/MANGA. Let's see if my brain can come up with something this month...

Post edited by SapphireBlue on
  • AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,384
    edited May 2

"Lost"

Once upon a time, a friendly dog named Spot loved to explore the woods near his home. One day, while on his usual walk, Spot got distracted by a squirrel and ran off into the woods, only to realize he was lost. Spot began to bark and howl, hoping someone would hear and rescue him. 

Luckily, Sal A Mander, a friendly salamander, and his pal Ro C. Coon, a clever raccoon, were nearby and heard Spot's distressed barks. Sal A Mander and Ro C. Coon quickly sprang into action, using their sharp instincts and keen sense of smell to track Spot down.

After a while of searching, Sal A Mander and Ro C. Coon found Spot, who was overjoyed to see them. Sal A Mander and Ro C. Coon comforted Spot and showed him the way back home, making sure he didn't get lost again.

From that day on, Spot never wandered too far away from home without Sal A Mander and Ro C. Coon by his side, ensuring that he was always safe and sound.

Lost.Png
    1200 x 741 - 2M
    Post edited by AgitatedRiot on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,861
    edited May 10

Cereal Pest Renders! laugh

Cereal.jpg
    800 x 600 - 574K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • nattaruknattaruk Posts: 527

Cat vs Bird

(3Delight, pwToon & Gimp)

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,667

Hopefully insects are welcome for this month's theme.

Gallery Link for most of the assets, the environment is "Phi Phi Island Resort" from another store.

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,472

Playtime on the Farm

I used to use these adorable figures from LadyLittleFox’s “Precious” line all the time! Then I really got into more realistic artwork, and I kind of forgot about them for a bit. But this challenge made me remember them immediately. They have the most perfect big, lovely anime eyes ^_^  So anyway, I decided to do a farm picture. We see three horses, and one friendly little cow (which I made by blending lots of other “Precious” critters together). Toon renders aren’t my specialty, but I thought this turned out kind of cute! 

Rendered in Daz Studio Iray.

Postwork in Pixelmator Pro.

Playtime on the Farm.jpg
    3000 x 1854 - 6M
    edited May 26

Hi Gang... as we get close to the end of the month I realized I had not posted a May Animal for this challenge...  I had to use 3Delight to get the LAMH to render, but it rendered pretty fast. 

Here we have RawArt's Darwin the Toon Chimp... He is NOT happy about the sign telling peeps not to feed him!  Oooops.. lol

ENJOY!

TOON MONKEY 3delight DONE SIGN.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 285K
    Post edited by Llola Lane on

Thank you all for keeping this thread going... I had a chance to look at the new artwork for May and I'm quite impressed on everyone's take on the theme this year.  No time to comment on each one.. busy busy... Keep'em coming... We still have 5 more days til the end of this loooooooong month.  ALL are welcome to join in the fun!  Stay well.. hugzzzzzzz

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,162
    edited June 1

Heroes

A bit close to the deadline again! Used JeffersonAF's 'My Shaders' and rendered in Iray (a little grainy but worked with it anyway) using a HDR from Sketchy. Postwork in Photoshop and Topaz 2. 

Image of anime style cat hero figures, a red ghost character and a lizard figure.

2024AnimeMay2WEB.jpg
    1800 x 1013 - 1M
    Post edited by Mollytabby on

Mollytabby said:

Heroes

A bit close to the deadline again! Used JeffersonAF's 'My Shaders' and rendered in Iray (a little grainy but worked with it anyway) using a HDR from Sketchy. Postwork in Photoshop and Topaz 2. 

anime style render of a male and female cat character, a red ghost figure and a lizard character. 

Sounds interesting but I can't see it Molly :(

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,162

Sorry, Llola, I really messed that up. I've tried again, hopefully it wil stay this time :)

Mollytabby said:

Sorry, Llola, I really messed that up. I've tried again, hopefully it wil stay this time :)

YAY... I see it!!!!!!  WOW so colorful they are... Love it!  Thanks for joining the challenge!

Hi gang... JUN=AMPHIBIANS ... Can't wait to see what slithers into this thread!  giggles

I hope everyone is ready for some more Axolotls!

Toad Rage

Gallery link for used assets.

When too many axolotls is never enough laugh

great image yes

SofaCitizen said:

I hope everyone is ready for some more Axolotls!

Toad Rage

Gallery link for used assets.

Is there EVER too many Axolotls??? lol... OMG... glad you made it big... Your artwork is best viewed full screen to get the full impact!  lol.  Well done!

Thank you :)

I would have liked to have added more but my billboard creation workflow is not as optimised as I would like and I needed to sleep :)

• nattaruknattaruk Posts: 527

Frog Kissing

Once upon a time in a land far, far away there lived a beautiful princess...

(3Delight, Gimp, and Fotosketcher)

edited June 11

modelled in Carrara laugh

click image for bigga
    2063Frog.jpg
    1500 x 1060 - 851K
    Post edited by Stezza on

I lost my internet for a while Llola!!

So sorry for not responding quicker I had to take daz out all together, so now I have to wait untill I get a new Lappy!!

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,703
    edited June 20

Pool Party

Amphibians.jpg
    2000 x 1236 - 1M
    Post edited by luci45 on

nattaruk said:

Frog Kissing

Once upon a time in a land far, far away there lived a beautiful princess...

(3Delight, Gimp, and Fotosketcher)

Smoochie ... smoochie... Will she find her prince?   Gonna need lots of chapstick!  lol  Well done nattaruk