AOBB's Classic Hollywood Stars G9 mega bundle. 19 head morphs. No materials nor textures.

AOBBAOBB Posts: 957
edited January 9 in Freebies

Hi friends,

It took me almost ten months to complete this project and I sincerely hope you will like the end result. All you need to know, including the head morph mega bundle, is included in the zip file you will find here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1durUwWim507pcyrrp64AxoIX_fa8hnPn/view?usp=sharing

Edit: I have posted above the link to the fixed version of the zip file with morphs with two mistakes corrected. One of them is Brow11 specified for Ingrid Bergman instead of Brow1 in the pdf table. I also removed the "Presets" folder that found its way by mistake into the zip. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I won't unearth more errors. Sorry about that.

Edit 2: I thought that you might find this information helpful, so I am copying here my response to wondergirl about what materials I used on the morphs:

"For most of the men - Rogues 9 by GhostofMacbeth textures. There are four variations of the Rogues texture and I used the two ones that aren't ruddy. Cary Grant and Clark Gable definitely have the "tan" version. For James Dean I used a modified by me base Asian female set of textures - I lightened them, desaturated yellows and removed blemishes on the face. To give him a manly look I used Dain 8's stubble.

For women I used either Cherubit's Charlotte texture with brows removed or the same textures I used on James Dean. As for makeup, I mostly stuck with Vicky 9's 02 foundation and lipstick. I used also Lashes Utilities for G9 and/or Cherubit's Fiona mascara eyelashes texture. I have so many makeup kits for G9 that I wouldn't be able to tell you which one exactly I have used for whom."

The zip file contains a PDF booklet with renderings showcasing the head morphs you are getting; a readme.txt file that describes how to install the morphs, where to find them in the DS interface and information about how you are permitted to use this bundle.

You will also find included a table that contains the names of the stars, with the names of corresponding head morphs and information about which brows and hair work for each morph.

No materials or textures are included in this package.

I haven’t made any presets, you will be getting just the morph dials.

This bundle is a freebie for noncommercial (fanart) use only.  

I decided not to finish the Burt Lancaster head morph as no one seemed particularly interested in it and I didn’t like working on this morph very much anyway. I plan to add to this bundle Bette Davis and Joan Crawford in the future. When - I don't know. I need to take a break now.

Here is the list of actors and actresses whose head morphs you will find in the bundle:

Actresses:

Audrey Hepburn, Ava Gardner, Elizabeth Taylor, Grace Kelly, Ingrid Bergman, Judy Garland, Lauren Bacall, Marilyn Monroe, Rita Hayworth, Vivien Leigh.

Actors:

Cary Grant, Clark Gable, Gary Cooper, Gregory Peck, Humphrey Bogart, James Dean, James Stewart, Paul Newman, Robert Mitchum.

I ask that you use these morphs with respect for the people they represent. As the old adage goes “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.”

Please let me know what you think, once you try out the morphs. I’d love to hear from you! If anything isn't working, please let me know.

Morphs sculpted using Zbrushcore and Blender. No AI used in image creation.

Have fun!

Happy New Year! heart

AOBB

Post edited by AOBB on

Comments

• Thank you so much AOBB for sharing these beautiful morphs!

Happy new year:)

• AOBBAOBB Posts: 957

@emanuela1 - You are welcome. I love sharing! smiley Have a great 2024!

• @AOBB Thank you for sharing your movie star morphs mega bundle... love your movie naming conventions! Wishing you all the best in 2024!

@robertswww - I'm happy to share it, so you are welcome. I am looking forward to seeing some renders with my morphs! 

Sometimes coming up with a good name is really difficult but I do my best. smiley

Cheers,

AOBB

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Wow! Thanks so much. I have finished added this month a GeForce RTX 4070 GPU, 2x2TB external SSDs for DAZ Studio products, and a new model Cisco Firewall with snort so I am ready to render!

,,,but now I feel pressure to come up with scenes worthy of the quality of your effort. angel laugh

@nonesuch00 - No pressure! Just enjoy the process. I'm glad to hear that you are ready to render. I'm looking forward to whatever you come up with! smiley

AOBB said:

@nonesuch00 - No pressure! Just enjoy the process. I'm glad to hear that you are ready to render. I'm looking forward to whatever you come up with! smiley

I had a fun ideal that's a little different. Would you like to suggest a scene out of a movie using any of your Starlet / Star morphs & I give the scene(s) a go?

If not, I'll still come up with something. I watched "Holiday Inn" for the first time & it was pretty good. I think, but am not sure, that the Holiday Inn hotel chain my mom & I, some brothers & aunts too, worked at for a long time, got the ideal for it's franchise name from that movie.

@nonesuch00 - I'd rather not impose anything on you. Make something that really speaks to you or is just plain fun. I am leaving the choice to you.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,071
    Can I thank you for your incredible generosity, AOBB. There is a vast amount of skilled work you've put in to this project, and to share it with us is incredibly generous. Thank you. Regards, Richard.

@richardandtracy - Thank you, richard. It was a lot of work but also a lot of fun, working on these sculpts. I assumed from the beginning that I will be sharing them. Anyway, to me it is not a big deal but I understand what you are saying nevertheless. I am yet again touched by your words. I hope you will use these morphs in your projects, richard... smiley

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,786

These will be fun!  Thank you, and Happy New Year!! heart

@WandW - Thank you and have a Happy New Year too! Enjoy - that's what these morphs are for! smiley

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,918

Wow! I almost missed this. Thank you very much indeed.

@DoctorJellybean - You are very welcome!

AOBB said:

@nonesuch00 - I'd rather not impose anything on you. Make something that really speaks to you or is just plain fun. I am leaving the choice to you.

OKey Doke. I'll see what I can find that might be a challenge but able to be done completely in DAZ Studio.

• They all look amazing, your hard work definitely paid off!

@nonesuch00 - have fun! smiley

@wondergirl0706 - thank you! laugh

• wondergirl0706wondergirl0706 Posts: 19
    edited January 3

Question: what skin materials did you use? I'm really curious.

Post edited by wondergirl0706 on

@wondergirl0706:

For most of the men - Rogues 9 by GhostofMacbeth textures. There are four variations of the Rogues texture and I used the two ones that aren't ruddy. Cary Grant and Clark Gable definitely have the "tan" version. For James Dean I used a modified by me base Asian female set of textures - I lightened them, desaturated yellows and removed blemishes on the face. To give him a manly look I used Dain 8's stubble.

For women I used either Cherubit's Charlotte texture with brows removed or the same textures I used on James Dean. As for makeup, I mostly stuck with Vicky 9's 02 foundation and lipstick. I used also Lashes Utilities for G9 and/or Cherubit's Fiona mascara eyelashes texture. I have so many makeup kits for G9 that I wouldn't be able to tell you which one exactly I have used for whom.

Hope that helps.

AOBB

• James_HJames_H Posts: 1,009

Definitely worth a play. Many thanks. 

@James_H - Glad you think so. You are welcome. smiley

• perlkperlk Posts: 847

This is so generous - just getting into G9, so super helpful. Thank you so much!

@perlk - My pleasure. I'm happy to hear you are checking out G9. Have you seen the new Babyface G9 (Jean Harlow) head morph? I made it especially for you. heart

• perlkperlk Posts: 847

AOBB said:

@perlk - My pleasure. I'm happy to hear you are checking out G9. Have you seen the new Babyface G9 (Jean Harlow) head morph? I made it especially for you. heart

You're the best - thank you. 

@perlk - My pleasure and thank you! smiley

• SapphireBlueSapphireBlue Posts: 846
    edited January 9

Wow Wow WOW!!! What a MAGNIFICENT work AOBB! surprise heart I knew this was coming of course, but I'm still totally blown away by all that you've created. And then, a PDF of renders to showcase the morphs and also a table with all the particulars?? You are so detailed and thorough, and so very talented and generous.

I'll confess, when I read you had included that PDF, I knew I'd make a beeline for it straight away to enjoy both the beauty of your sculpts and your lovely renders. But they weren't just lovely, they were AMAZING!! They capture that 'star' quality of each of them. I thoroughly loved perusing through the pages a few times just now after downloading the zip folder. Your captures are so true to character and a perfect showcase indeed of these unique and larger than life personalities. What an amazing tribute in 3D to them and Hollywood of yesteryear. 

Thank you for sharing, not just these sculpts, but your passion for creating and capturing something of that time and culture, and your passion to do this with such artistry and dedication, and making this a journey for us all to share in through your work-in-progress thread. I know I sound terribly gushy some times, but it's all truly sincere. smileyheartheartheart

Post edited by SapphireBlue on

@SapphireBlue - Wow! What do I say? "Thank you" somehow doesn't cut it! I'm so happy you love my renders and have such fun going through them. Yes, this work is my tribute to the wonderful personalities of the Golden Era of Hollywood and my hope is that my enthusiasm for that period will encourage others to become interested in it and maybe develope a passion for it too. I had a great time sharing my WIPs in the other thread and chatting with other old movie lovers (and not only). I know you are sincere LI - I know that much about you. I bet your renders with my morphs (should you chose to make them) will blow everyone, me included, away. You are MEGA talented - it was always so much fun to see your poetic and nostalgic creations. 

I hope you will like the morphs themselves and that they will inspire you to use them in your work. 

Always good to hear from you.

smileyheartkiss

AOBB

I really like the PDF with the cross referenced eyebrows and such you made. And the PDF with a render of each actor, too good, all I could do was smile because I recognize them all now.

@nonesuch00 - Thank you so much!  I'm so happy you know all those faces! You've been watching old movies! Kudos! laugh

• Thank you AOBB. You're way too kind. heart I am hoping to try out your James Dean one of these days. laugh I have an old project (BW of course, haha, with vintage rock vibes, greaser subculture, motorbikes etc.) I bought a lot of stuff for, so I have a lot of things I can throw at him for a render or two. Would be fun! smileyheart