Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.22.1.224! (*UPDATED*)

1789101113»

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,936

crosswind said:

After merging menus with 4.22.1.221,  I found some new actions... show in below screenshot. I can see them in F3 but cannot find them either in Action List or from the menu. What're are they for ?  Are they meant to be for the Publishing Build or something for PA ?

Update Base Geometry has "always" been there, but I don't know what the others are for of if they belong there. When I did update and merge menus, it deleted my scrpts and bookmarks menu contents. Did you not have that problem?

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,248

barbult said:

crosswind said:

After merging menus with 4.22.1.221,  I found some new actions... show in below screenshot. I can see them in F3 but cannot find them either in Action List or from the menu. What're are they for ?  Are they meant to be for the Publishing Build or something for PA ?

Update Base Geometry has "always" been there, but I don't know what the others are for of if they belong there. When I did update and merge menus, it deleted my scrpts and bookmarks menu contents. Did you not have that problem?

Yea, I know Update Base Geometry which I frequently use but I have no idea about those three Actions. And I never had to Update and Merge menus before but this time I checked it after reading your post... then I found the menus were really messy, even after loading my saved Layout, so I had to update and merge menus. But my Scripts / Favorites / Bookmarks menu were intact after Update and Merge...

crosswind said:

barbult said:

crosswind said:

Yea, I know Update Base Geometry which I frequently use but I have no idea about those three Actions. And I never had to Update and Merge menus before but this time I checked it after reading your post... then I found the menus were really messy, even after loading my saved Layout, so I had to update and merge menus. But my Scripts / Favorites / Bookmarks menu were intact after Update and Merge...

I guess my loss of scripts and bookmarks is not a universal problem then.

• ZiconZicon Posts: 272

barbult said:

It's certainly not a problem unique to this specific version. I've had it happen in several different versions, both release and beta.

• f7eerf7eer Posts: 123

Richard Haseltine said:

Regarding the crash, you might want to check the change log for 4.22.1.221

Thanks for the quick update, but the change log is unavailable.  I get this message:

The connection has timed out

The server at docs.daz3d.com is taking too long to respond.

The update descriptions also refer to the change log.

edited September 24

barbult said:

crosswind said:

barbult said:

crosswind said:

Probably ~ However I'm a bit frastrated by some strange issues that occur on my side these days ~ for instance:

- with both GR / PB versions, when loading G1/G2, DS crashes from time to time... After relaunching DS, it works again then after clearing the scene and reloading G1/G2 Base figure, it crashes again. The crash dialogue indicates to DzCore.dll. No issue at all with G3/G8/G9 figures, only G1/G2.

- after loading a saved Layout, Orbiting / Rotating / Panning the view by dragging the icons in the upper right corner of Viewport suddenly turns fast, even out of control. Then after relaunching DS, everthing is fine again...

I've never experienced these issues before... a bit upset ~~

SNAG-2024-9-25-011.png
    1993 x 1369 - 370K
    Post edited by crosswind on
  • f7eer said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Regarding the crash, you might want to check the change log for 4.22.1.221

Thanks for the quick update, but the change log is unavailable.  I get this message:

The connection has timed out

The server at docs.daz3d.com is taking too long to respond.

The update descriptions also refer to the change log.

This has been fixed.

crosswind said:

barbult said:

crosswind said:

barbult said:

crosswind said:

Probably ~ However I'm a bit frastrated by some strange issues that occur on my side these days ~ for instance:

- with both GR / PB versions, when loading G1/G2, DS crashes from time to time... After relaunching DS, it works again then after clearing the scene and reloading G1/G2 Base figure, it crashes again. The crash dialogue indicates to DzCore.dll. No issue at all with G3/G8/G9 figures, only G1/G2.

- after loading a saved Layout, Orbiting / Rotating / Panning the view by dragging the icons in the upper right corner of Viewport suddenly turns fast, even out of control. Then after relaunching DS, everthing is fine again...

I haven't been able to reproduce any of these problems in 4.22.1.221. I didn't try the general release version I have, which is still 4.22.0.16. I loaded combinations of G1 and G2, clothed and posed and rendered them, deleted them and repeated several times without a problem. I loaded a saved workspace and used all the viewport controls and didn't see any speed change in their behavior.

edited September 24

Zicon said:

barbult said:

It's certainly not a problem unique to this specific version. I've had it happen in several different versions, both release and beta.

Yes, I have seen it before, too. I have resolved it this time. I loaded a prior saved workspace to recover the lost scripts and bookmarks. Then I used F3 Customize to look through all the menus. I found several of those mysterious ?GUID entries that mean some custom action can't be found, but give no clue what that action was (very user unfriendly). I deleted those ?GUID entries and accepted the changes. I closed DS and reopened it. Then I did update and merge menus and my scripts and bookmarks were not deleted this time.

Evidently Update and Merge Menus is not smart enough to deal with those ?GUID entries and just deletes everything in the menu. You know, this problem sounds familiar... In fact I submitted a help request about this problem 4 years ago. At that time, I identified this same ?GUID issue as the problem and requested that a more robust Update and Merge menus be implemented. CS said they would pass that on. Here we are, 4 years later, still suffering deleted menu contents.

Request #359166
    December 05, 2020

Daz Studio command Update and Merge Menus wipes out my custom menus

Post edited by barbult on
  • VisuimagVisuimag Posts: 564
    edited September 24

Yeah, just updated and now the Scene Info pane is gone.

Also, I did the same as @barbult and now my Scripts/Bookmarks have either been messed up or disappeared altogether. As an IT engineer, I can't stress enough how unacceptable this is!

Post edited by Visuimag on

Visuimag said:

Also, I did the same as @barbult and now my Scripts/Bookmarks have either been messed up or disappeared altogether. As an IT engineer, I can't stress enough how unacceptable this is!

Scene Info has been moved to a subpane (not sure of the correct term) on the Scene pane. You can detach it and dock it someplace else. I docked it back where I used to have Scene Info pane docked. I want the Scene pane and Scene Info pane visible at the same time. It is not acceptable to me to have to keep switching between them as it is currently implemented. That feedback was given here when Scene Info was first place on the Scene pane. At that time Scene Info pane hadn't been deleted from its normal place, so it was easy to just ignore the extra one on the Scene pane. Now Scene Info positioning is not so benign anymore.

barbult said:

crosswind said:

barbult said:

crosswind said:

barbult said:

crosswind said:

I haven't been able to reproduce any of these problems in 4.22.1.221. I didn't try the general release version I have, which is still 4.22.0.16. I loaded combinations of G1 and G2, clothed and posed and rendered them, deleted them and repeated several times without a problem. I loaded a saved workspace and used all the viewport controls and didn't see any speed change in their behavior.

I have no clue.... what I only did recently was updating Win 11 and Nvidia driver. 

• VisuimagVisuimag Posts: 564

barbult said:

Visuimag said:

Scene Info has been moved to a subpane (not sure of the correct term) on the Scene pane. You can detach it and dock it someplace else. I docked it back where I used to have Scene Info pane docked. I want the Scene pane and Scene Info pane visible at the same time. It is not acceptable to me to have to keep switching between them as it is currently implemented. That feedback was given here when Scene Info was first place on the Scene pane. At that time Scene Info pane hadn't been deleted from its normal place, so it was easy to just ignore the extra one on the Scene pane. Now Scene Info positioning is not so benign anymore.

I see. Glad to get some clarification!

• barbult said:

Zicon said:

barbult said:

Yes, I have seen it before, too. I have resolved it this time. I loaded a prior saved workspace to recover the lost scripts and bookmarks. Then I used F3 Customize to look through all the menus. I found several of those mysterious ?GUID entries that mean some custom action can't be found, but give no clue what that action was (very user unfriendly). I deleted those ?GUID entries and accepted the changes. I closed DS and reopened it. Then I did update and merge menus and my scripts and bookmarks were not deleted this time.

Evidently Update and Merge Menus is not smart enough to deal with those ?GUID entries and just deletes everything in the menu. You know, this problem sounds familiar... In fact I submitted a help request about this problem 4 years ago. At that time, I identified this same ?GUID issue as the problem and requested that a more robust Update and Merge menus be implemented. CS said they would pass that on. Here we are, 4 years later, still suffering deleted menu contents.

Request #359166
    December 05, 2020

If those are added by a third-party tool then the obvious fix is for the tool to make sure it is behaving in a way that DS suports - it rather sounds as if it is doing something non-standard, which fails to show as required by the updater.

crosswind said:

barbult said:

crosswind said:

barbult said:

crosswind said:

barbult said:

crosswind said:

I have no clue.... what I only did recently was updating Win 11 and Nvidia driver. 

I'm using Windows 10 and NVIDIA driver 546.33.
    I wonder if you have a conflict with some plugin. You could try disabling all but the basic DS plugins and see if anything changes. Richard has periodically linked to a script that can disable those plugins, but I don't have a handy link to it.

edited September 25

.... I've never experienced these issues before... a bit upset ~~

I'm using Windows 10 and NVIDIA driver 546.33.
    I wonder if you have a conflict with some plugin. You could try disabling all but the basic DS plugins and see if anything changes. Richard has periodically linked to a script that can disable those plugins, but I don't have a handy link to it.

@barbult You're truely my savior !!!  I just remembered that a month ago I re-enabled Render Queue 3 plugin which I hadn't used for a long time... for helping a folk here with some issue... then I left it there and totally forgot about it.

I simply disabled it just now, the issues are all gone ! Oh, my bad memory... and I guess this plugin has a conflict with both latest GR / PB version.

Thanks a thousand times !! yeslaugh

Edit: sigh... issues still persits when load G1/G2 for multiple times... but better than before, haha ~ Anyway, will check other plugins.

edited September 25

That's strange. I use Render Queue 3 continuously and have no problem. Maybe it is conflicting with some other plugin you have that I don't have. Or maybe you could try reinstalling it, in case something got "broken".

Two that I have disabled lately are LAMH (I uninstalled completely) and Animate2.

edited September 25
    barbult said:

That's strange. I use Render Queue 3 continuously and have no problem. Maybe it is conflicting with some other plugin you have that I don't have. Or maybe you could try reinstalling it, in case something got "broken".

Two that I have disabled lately are LAMH (I uninstalled completely) and Animate2.

Okay, I'll further try. Thanks again!

Richard Haseltine said:

barbult said:

Zicon said:

barbult said:

Request #359166
    December 05, 2020

If those are added by a third-party tool then the obvious fix is for the tool to make sure it is behaving in a way that DS suports - it rather sounds as if it is doing something non-standard, which fails to show as required by the updater.

I don't think that is the case. The contents of the Scripts menu are custom actions I created and I added to the menu with F3 customize. When a custom action path is lost for some reason, the menu shows a ?GUID in the menu when you examine it with F3 customize. The loss of the link to the item was not caused by a 3rd party tool. It was most likely caused by me uninstalling a product or maybe a crash corruption of a file??? I still believe that the Update and Merge Menus should be smart enough to recognize these ?GUIDs and ignore them or delete them, but NOT delete the entire contents of a menu that contains one. That is just cruel!

• barbult said:

Richard Haseltine said:

barbult said:

Zicon said:

barbult said:

Request #359166
    December 05, 2020

I don't think that is the case. The contents of the Scripts menu are custom actions I created and I added to the menu with F3 customize. When a custom action path is lost for some reason, the menu shows a ?GUID in the menu when you examine it with F3 customize. The loss of the link to the item was not caused by a 3rd party tool. It was most likely caused by me uninstalling a product or maybe a crash corruption of a file??? I still believe that the Update and Merge Menus should be smart enough to recognize these ?GUIDs and ignore them or delete them, but NOT delete the entire contents of a menu that contains one. That is just cruel!

Ah, I thought you had mentioned using a tool earlier and this was in reference to that. I guess whether it should leave an empty menu where there are only invalid references is something people will have differning views on.

• ElorElor Posts: 1,136
    edited September 25

It could at least raise an alert before removing them, to let someone decide what to do (like taking notes of what they had in their scripts menublush )

When I did Update and Merge menus, it deleted two entries (one to a script by Daz to create Advanced Iray nodes properties and one to Icon Creator Pro) which had eronous paths (I forgot to update them when I moved my Daz 3D Library elsewhere) but kept the three entries (the poses converters by n_alexandru) that had the correct path.

Post edited by Elor on
    edited September 25

Richard Haseltine said:

barbult said:

Richard Haseltine said:

barbult said:

Zicon said:

barbult said:

Request #359166
    December 05, 2020

Ah, I thought you had mentioned using a tool earlier and this was in reference to that. I guess whether it should leave an empty menu where there are only invalid references is something people will have differning views on.

My menus did not have ONLY invalid references. Out of a couple dozen references in each affected menu, there were one or two bad references in each. I would be OK with deleting those, since they are unrecoverable anyway (no way to tell what they were a reference to). I an NOT OK with deleting all of the valid reverences, too. What would be the point of that?

Edit: Maybe the tool you were referring to was Man Friday's Content Bookmarks. Yes, I did use that to add links to the Bookmarks menu (the second menu that was emptied by Update and Merge Menus). The Scripts menu was not fill by a tool. That was the menu where I added links manually with F3 customize. So I have two different menus that were emptied. In both cases, there were one or two bad references in each. Other menus that survived Update and Merge Menus did not have bad references. (I checked them all after recovering from a previously saved Workspace Layout.)

Elor said:

It could at least raise an alert before removing them, to let someone decide what to do (like taking notes of what they had in their scripts menublush )

When I did Update and Merge menus, it deleted two entries (one to a script by Daz to create Advanced Iray nodes properties and one to Icon Creator Pro) which had eronous paths (I forgot to update them when I moved my Daz 3D Library elsewhere) but kept the three entries (the poses converters by n_alexandru) that had the correct path.

That's interesting. For me, it wiped out all entries in the two menus that had both valid and invalid entries. So I wonder what the difference is between our situations.

• barbult said:

Richard Haseltine said:

barbult said:

Richard Haseltine said:

barbult said:

Zicon said:

barbult said:

Request #359166
    December 05, 2020

My menus did not have ONLY invalid references. Out of a couple dozen references in each affected menu, there were one or two bad references in each. I would be OK with deleting those, since they are unrecoverable anyway (no way to tell what they were a reference to). I an NOT OK with deleting all of the valid reverences, too. What would be the point of that?

Edit: Maybe the tool you were referring to was Man Friday's Content Bookmarks. Yes, I did use that to add links to the Bookmarks menu (the second menu that was emptied by Update and Merge Menus). The Scripts menu was not fill by a tool. That was the menu where I added links manually with F3 customize. So I have two different menus that were emptied. In both cases, there were one or two bad references in each. Other menus that survived Update and Merge Menus did not have bad references. (I checked them all after recovering from a previously saved Workspace Layout.)

Ah, I get it now (possibly). That could be a side-effect of the tool, but it is certainly undesirable if it can be avoided regardless of what needs to change. It is difficult to test since my menus are now updated and merged.

• ElorElor Posts: 1,136

barbult said:

That's interesting. For me, it wiped out all entries in the two menus that had both valid and invalid entries. So I wonder what the difference is between our situations.

No idea, but I didn't have any ?GUID, only broken links and I added everything with Create Custom Action.

• Elor said:

barbult said:

No idea, but I didn't have any ?GUID, only broken links and I added everything with Create Custom Action.

You would see the GUID entries in the menus or toolbars tabs in Window>Workspace>Customise for any actions where the target could not be resolved

crosswind reminded be of a problem I previously mentioned that has not been addressed as of 4.22.1.224. I submitted a ticket about it today. It doesn't work in 4.22.0.16 either. I don't know if it ever worked. Does anyone have any insight into why these invert checkboxes don't do anything?

Request #463282

Daz Studio OBJ Import does not invert the imported object when the invert checkbox is checked

Screenshot 2024-09-28 042219 4.22.1.224 Import Dialog.jpg
    501 x 467 - 48K
    Screenshot 2024-09-28 042028 4.21.0.16 Import Dialog.jpg
    496 x 412 - 49K

barbult said:

crosswind reminded be of a problem I previously mentioned that has not been addressed as of 4.22.1.224. I submitted a ticket about it today. It doesn't work in 4.22.0.16 either. I don't know if it ever worked. Does anyone have any insight into why these invert checkboxes don't do anything?

Request #463282

Daz Studio OBJ Import does not invert the imported object when the invert checkbox is checked

...and the strange thing is that Invert options really work with OBJ Exporter but do nothing with OBJ Importer. And the stranger thing was that I just found a DS 4.10 version on one of my old laptops, then I tried with it, you know what, I got the same result of not working !