Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.22.1.224! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,248

barbult said:

If I have a character with a geoshells in my scene and I Edit>Duplicate>Duplicate Node Hierarchies, the character and geoshells are duplicated, but the geoshell surface materials are not applied to the duplicate geoshells. For example, some LowPi clothing is created with geoshells instead of unique geometry. When I apply that geoshell clothing to LowPi and duplicate node hierarchies, all of the duplicate's clothing is a blank shell. If I put "real" geometry clothing on LowPi and duplicate node hierarchies, the duplicate clothing surfaces are properly textured. Why are duplicated geoshells not properly textured? I understand that the geoshell is not unique geometry, but the shell is duplicated and named appropriately and has the right shader. So why aren't the shell's surface materials also copied?

Indeed ~ sometimes I did the same and had to copy/paste the surfaces on the duplicated shell. I think it's a bug ~~

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,442

I have not seen this mentioned anywhere, yet. From the Content Library, I categorize every product I install, sometimes the whole folder and sub-folder tree, sometimes one folder at a time. With the latest Beta (4.22.1.161) the "Create Category From -> Selected Folder & Sub-Folders..." is okay. The option "Create Category From -> Selected Folder..." does nothing. The "Select a Parent Category" dialog does not open, for any folder or subfolder, even if it is the lowest folder in the tree, only the "Selected Folder & Sub-Folders..." will work properly.

No errors or warnings in the log. There is a mention in the change log (for 4.22.1.158 beta) about having "Fixed a missing “Duplicate Category” submenu (regression) for category containers", so maybe something got borked there. I don't know when this started, I hadn't updated Studio in about six months (DS 4.22.1.88 beta, I believe)...

NorthOf45 said:

I have not seen this mentioned anywhere, yet. From the Content Library, I categorize every product I install, sometimes the whole folder and sub-folder tree, sometimes one folder at a time. With the latest Beta (4.22.1.161) the "Create Category From -> Selected Folder & Sub-Folders..." is okay. The option "Create Category From -> Selected Folder..." does nothing. The "Select a Parent Category" dialog does not open, for any folder or subfolder, even if it is the lowest folder in the tree, only the "Selected Folder & Sub-Folders..." will work properly.

No errors or warnings in the log. There is a mention in the change log (for 4.22.1.158 beta) about having "Fixed a missing “Duplicate Category” submenu (regression) for category containers", so maybe something got borked there. I don't know when this started, I hadn't updated Studio in about six months (DS 4.22.1.88 beta, I believe)...

I don't use this action but it seems a bug ~ It works in DS GR.

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 8,358

crosswind said:

NorthOf45 said:

I don't use this action but it seems a bug ~ It works in DS GR.

It is being looked into.

edited September 7

Why each time I launch the latese PB (4.22.1.202), a Scene Info always pops up ? ... no matter I click Yes or No, it always pops up ~~

And what is that Info tab for... ? since we've already had Scene Info plugin... they're very same in terms of the functions....

SNAG-2024-9-7-025.png
    2560 x 1392 - 44K
    SNAG-2024-9-7-026.png
    2560 x 1392 - 309K
    Post edited by crosswind on
  • crosswind said:

Why each time I launch the latese PB (4.22.1.202), a Scene Info always pops up ? ... no matter I click Yes or No, it always pops up.

A temporarily workaround:

In \resources\tip pages, create a folder named DzSceneInfoPane. In the \resources\tip pages\Template folder, copy the Default folder and Default.dsa file and paste it in the DzSceneInfoPane folder.

You may get a UAC/admin permission prompt.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,936
    edited September 7
    If the intent is to move Scene Info to a tab on the Scene pane and eliminate the Scene Info pane, I think that would reduce functionality. I would contually have to switch back and forth between Outline tab to select an item and Info tab to see the data. Prior to this latest update, I could see both at once in separate docks. I haven't seen an explanation for why the change was made. This and the previous changes to New and Recent all seem like change for the sake of change.
    Post edited by barbult on
  • ImagoImago Posts: 5,058
    edited September 7

Just tried this new version and I'm getting a weird bug on the timeline: If I select a keyframe on the very last frame of the range, I can't unselect it until I move it on any other location.

If I move it again on the last keyframe of the range, I can't unselect it again.

If I select any other keyframe on the timeline, for example the first one, that last one keeps being selected even if I didn't include it in the selection square.

Post edited by Imago on

DoctorJellybean said:

crosswind said:

Why each time I launch the latese PB (4.22.1.202), a Scene Info always pops up ? ... no matter I click Yes or No, it always pops up.

In \resources\tip pages, create a folder named DzSceneInfoPane. In the \resources\tip pages\Template folder, copy the Default folder and Default.dsa file and paste it in the DzSceneInfoPane folder.

Thank you Doctor, it worked!  Hmm.. it's just an issue of missing folder / files ...

barbult said:

If the intent is to move Scene Info to a tab on the Scene pane and eliminate the Scene Info pane, I think that would reduce functionality. I would contually have to switch back and forth between Outline tab to select an item and Info tab to see the data. Prior to this latest update, I could see both at once in separate docks. I haven't seen an explanation for why the change was made. This and the previous changes to New and Recent all seem like change for the sake of change.

Second the post. Though the Node panel is still there, the new Info tab is totally useless to me. What's the intention of adding such a tab there ?

edited September 7

Imago said:

Just tried this new version and I'm getting a weird bug on the timeline: If I select a keyframe on the very last frame of the range, I can't unselect it until I move it on any other location.

If I move it again on the last keyframe of the range, I can't unselect it again.

If I select any other keyframe on the timeline, for example the first one, that last one keeps being selected even if I didn't include it in the selection square.

I just tried what you did and could reproduce the issue... and this issue could be reproduced in General Release as well. But if you try: add 1 more frame into Total field... the issue will be gone.

For instance, Total is 70, so last keyframe is 69. If you set 71 in Total, you'll find it works as expected. Alternatively, for the time being, you always can use a combo key, i.e. hold Alt key to click on the keyframe to unselect it or Alt + Frame Select...

But still, I think it's a bug.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

"C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4 Public Build/resources/tip pages/Template" will be copied to an adjacent folder named "DzSceneInfoPane".

I just canceled out of creating it, in fear of it messing up the intended tip page supplied with a later Public Beta, I hope that doesn't cause trouble. 

•  

crosswind said:

DoctorJellybean said:

crosswind said:

Thank you Doctor, it worked!  Hmm.. it's just an issue of missing folder / files ...

Not a bug per se, as explained in the change log.

crosswind said:

barbult said:

Second the post. Though the Node panel is still there, the new Info tab is totally useless to me. What's the intention of adding such a tab there ?

Scene Info is an example in the SDK, which is included in compiled form in the applicaiton. This is now being used to show how the extension of pane architecture can be used to add sub-tabs to an existing pane as well as or instead of using a stand-alone pane - how developers use this on their own plug-ins is up to them, and the function of their plug-in.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,440
    edited September 7

nonesuch00 said:

"C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4 Public Build/resources/tip pages/Template" will be copied to an adjacent folder named "DzSceneInfoPane".

I just canceled out of creating it, in fear of it messing up the intended tip page supplied with a later Public Beta, I hope that doesn't cause trouble. 

It is fine to copy it - I believe it is omitted now to test the new feature, but whether it is absent for that or by a packaging error an update that adds a dedicated replacement will simply overwrite the default template file. The idea is to srve as a reminder to devs, to make sure they include at least a dummy tips page for their panes, it isn't expected to show for users in general (barring installating or packaging issues).

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Thank you, Richard. A little explanation goes a long way and eases concerns.

crosswind said:

If you set 71 in Total, you'll find it works as expected. Alternatively, for the time being, you always can use a combo key, i.e. hold Alt key to click on the keyframe to unselect it or Alt + Frame Select...

I tried what you suggested but still doesn't work for me. Set the total to 71, still the last keyframe is always, constantly selected whatever I do.

Imago said:

crosswind said:

If you set 71 in Total, you'll find it works as expected. Alternatively, for the time being, you always can use a combo key, i.e. hold Alt key to click on the keyframe to unselect it or Alt + Frame Select...

I tried what you suggested but still doesn't work for me. Set the total to 71, still the last keyframe is always, constantly selected whatever I do.

Pls check this short video: https://mega.nz/file/qbIhjQbT#p4SKmpyWLK7kqEOUKCDggrgmLNr1hDSdDFVL4ikzW5Q See if you did it correctly.

edited September 7

crosswind said:

Pls check this short video: https://mega.nz/file/qbIhjQbT#p4SKmpyWLK7kqEOUKCDggrgmLNr1hDSdDFVL4ikzW5Q See if you did it correctly.

Ah, you meant putting an extra keyframe outside the actual range I want to use! No, I simply put the total to 71 and placing the keyframe in the last frame.

Post edited by Imago on
    edited September 7

Imago said:

crosswind said:

Ah, you meant putting an extra keyframe outside the actual range I want to use! No, I simply put the total to 71 and placing the keyframe in the last frame.

Yea ! It seems this bug only happens when the last frame is equal to Total Frames.

Ticket has been filled ~

• After the updating to Beta 4.22.1.202, I noticed that Parameter Settigns were gone from Progressive Rendering.

A few months ago, I customized my workspace to have the option there but the update deleted again; now it is capped at 25000.

Then, I realized that I just needed to type -1 in Max Samples to disable the cap. Same goes for Max Time; -1 will disable the time cap.

So if you need to use more samples or if you don't care about the time it will take to reach the desired look all you have to do is type -1 so the render doesn't use a set amount of frames or time to complete the render.

Don't complicate yourself trying to put the Parameter Settings back in Progressive Render, like I did, just type -1 to disable the cap.  :V

edited September 8

VividImaginator said:

After the updating to Beta 4.22.1.202, I noticed that Parameter Settigns were gone from Progressive Rendering.

A few months ago, I customized my workspace to have the option there but the update deleted again; now it is capped at 25000.

Then, I realized that I just needed to type -1 in Max Samples to disable the cap. Same goes for Max Time; -1 will disable the time cap.

So if you need to use more samples or if you don't care about the time it will take to reach the desired look all you have to do is type -1 so the render doesn't use a set amount of frames or time to complete the render.

Don't complicate yourself trying to put the Parameter Settings back in Progressive Render, like I did, just type -1 to disable the cap.  :V

The default Min value of -1 has been set by Daz since a certain version of DS 4.22 as per our feedback. It now works in both DS 4.22 GR and PB ~~

edited September 9

I am using the DS 4.22.1.202 Public Build. When I check any of the Invert checkboxes in the Import dialog, nothing gets inverted. Is it broken, or do I just not know how to use it or what to expect? When I check the Y invert checkbox, I expect the OBJ to be upside down in my viewport, but it isn't. It is right side up and looks exactly the same, whether I have the Invert box checked or not. The same goes for X and Z. Checking the invert box does not change anything.

Screenshot 2024-09-08 210246.jpg
    479 x 467 - 45K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • I upgraded to the latest Beta tonight, and as soon as I did so, my shaders quit working.  Certain of my homebrewed ShaderMixer toon shaders render in 3Delight anymore, which is a problem, since that's my primary render engine, and these are the main shaders I use.  All I get is a white silhouette whenever I render with them, although Iray shaders, and certain other (non-toon) 3DL shaders work just fine.  Is anyone else having this sort of trouble?  And how do I revert it a stage to the prior install--if that would even work?

barbult said:

I am using the DS 4.22.1.202 Public Build. When I check any of the Invert checkboxes in the Import dialog, nothing gets inverted. Is it broken, or do I just not know how to use it or what to expect? When I check the Y invert checkbox, I expect the OBJ to be upside down in my viewport, but it isn't. It is right side up and looks exactly the same, whether I have the Invert box checked or not. The same goes for X and Z. Checking the invert box does not change anything.

It doesn't work either in latest General Release. Only Exporter works, Importer fails.

Thanks for confirming my observation, crosswind.
  • HyeVltg3HyeVltg3 Posts: 87

I finally decided to update and DIM is stuck at Retry.

How can I update to the Pubilc Build, I tried to close and reopen DIM and tried to remove the "Ready to Install" item and re-download, but it keeps getting stuck at this Retry.

DazStudio-422-splashver.jpg
    963 x 179 - 49K
    DazStudio-422-DIM.jpg
    1492 x 273 - 91K
    barbult said:
    Thanks for confirming my observation, crosswind.
    No problem !

HyeVltg3 said:

I finally decided to update and DIM is stuck at Retry.

How can I update to the Pubilc Build, I tried to close and reopen DIM and tried to remove the "Ready to Install" item and re-download, but it keeps getting stuck at this Retry.

Sometimes I have the same issue... after waiting for hours, it works again.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,034
    edited September 9

Eustace Scrubb said:

I upgraded to the latest Beta tonight, and as soon as I did so, my shaders quit working.  Certain of my homebrewed ShaderMixer toon shaders render in 3Delight anymore, which is a problem, since that's my primary render engine, and these are the main shaders I use.  All I get is a white silhouette whenever I render with them, although Iray shaders, and certain other (non-toon) 3DL shaders work just fine.  Is anyone else having this sort of trouble?  And how do I revert it a stage to the prior install--if that would even work?

I tested a variety of my 3DL shaders on my MacBook Pro M1 on a soccer ball and they all worked. I do not have any homemade shaders to test. This was on the latest Beta as well. Except I was looking at the Iray render engine, but when I remembered to switch to 3DL render engine, it turned to black, not white.

Post edited by memcneil70 on
  • memcneil70 said:

Eustace Scrubb said:

I upgraded to the latest Beta tonight, and as soon as I did so, my shaders quit working.  Certain of my homebrewed ShaderMixer toon shaders render in 3Delight anymore, which is a problem, since that's my primary render engine, and these are the main shaders I use.  All I get is a white silhouette whenever I render with them, although Iray shaders, and certain other (non-toon) 3DL shaders work just fine.  Is anyone else having this sort of trouble?  And how do I revert it a stage to the prior install--if that would even work?

I tested a variety of my 3DL shaders on my MacBook Pro M1 on a soccer ball and they all worked. I do not have any homemade shaders to test. This was on the latest Beta as well. Except I was looking at the Iray render engine, but when I remembered to switch to 3DL render engine, it turned to black, not white.

I've run a few more tests, since:  it's always toon shaders (the Visual Style shaders have the same problem), so far, but not the DS Default toon shaders.  Is there a glitch in one of the "Toon"-specific bricks?