BRYCE RENDER CHALLENGE +++ SURREAL WORLDS +++

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Bigh - really interesting, I like the monocrhome color scheme

Atlantis -Mind Bend is very cool I like the two images done is such different materials

Drachenlords - Love the giraffe standing on the head and the fact that the head is in the river.

Dave SAvage- Really like that the full figure is very plain and the two heads have all the texture.

Atlantis - this one is really interesting.  The stream flowing to the door and opening onto another universe is a great concept.

Vivien - I'm guessing the sailors were very surprised when they landed!

Drachenlords - I find the tree to be rather disturbing in this one (in the best possible way) and love the idea of the lightbulb coming on in the cobwebs.

Atlantis - love the roads going round and round.  Feels like my life sometimes lol!

adbc - this is really cool, I want to know where they are walking too!

Dave Savage - the second one really speaks to me about pollution and what might happen to humanity if we are not careful.

adbc - great use of planes and angles mixed with the metallic life forms.

Will catch up the rest in just a bit.  Really enjoying everyone's work!

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,612
    Hansmar said:

Oh, great works again.

Thanks for those who react so kindly to my work. I should say that I did not create these robotic figures myself, but downloaded them free. The 'man' is called Brainstem and I think I found him and his dog here: http://artist-3d.com/free_3d_models/dnm/model_disp.php?uid=295, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

@Chohole: Great globe.

@Ice Dragon Art: Looks like a drowned world.

@Fishtales: interesting work. sailing in the clouds. Great colours too.

That's interesting. The Brainstem Robot and Lycantar Robot dog, or figures that look identical to them, are included with Poser so I thought you were a Poser user. I didn't know you could get them seperatly.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,296
    edited December 2015

Hansmar - thank you. I did consider to call it nightmare. Just by coincidence, I found that main robot on the cover of the 3D Game Studio Version 5 from 2001 handbook ISBN 3-8155-9660-2.

Peter Wade - thank you. Yes, thankfully, I'm finding myself not often in such a dream.

Pam - that's a great idea and is superbly done.

Sonja - I like the idea, very well done.

adbc - thank you.

Sandy - very nice work. Certainly a better dream than mine.

Post edited by Horo on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,189

Mtnmen –thanks, nice idea and render – Swiss Army Hands

Vivien – thanks

Hansmar – really cool render

Horo- Green dream is beautiful, the anaglyph is really cool, to me the foreground pops out and the background is sunken, not sure how you did it but its awesome.

Chohole- beautiful World of Xmas Decorations

Ice Dragon Art – really nice render, welcome to the Bryce Forum

Sandy – I like the Dream tree – cool colors

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,115

Fishtales : I like your Dream Tree, vibrant colours, nice sky.

Ice Dragon Art : thank you

Mermaid - thank you. It depends how you set the anaglyph lens and camera in relation to the objects to have parts pop out and parts sunk into the screen.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,071

Thank you all.

I haven't been rendering much as I have been concentrating more on DAZ Studio lately, that and I was in Tenerife for two weeks, yes again :)

The sky is one that comes with Bryce, under Fantasy I think.

• Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 499
    edited December 2015

Another excellent showing and a really fun theme.

Here’s my first:

“Mugs of Joe and the Black Hats”

Sky Crane by Sergiy Dobrovolskyy (1971s over at Rendo).

M3 head and hand “aged” with Mesh Lab.

Poser 4 Biz Man (aka Gangster guy). Only 340K so you can use a bunch of them.

Morphing Hat by Blondie999.

I can’t remember who did the umbrella. 

Tea Pot from Modo mesh library.

Mug, bridge and ropes modeled in Modo.

Illumianted by the Bryce sun and Use Sky IBL. 

Rendered in Mac Bryce 7.1 @64 RPP, Soft Shadows and True Ambience about 40 minutes to render.

Thanks for looking!

black_hats.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 321K
    Post edited by Dan Whiteside on

drachenlords - I particularly like the sunbathers on the toast and the elephant in the teacup.  And I just noticed the apple house, very cool

Vivien - love this idea with the trees

STKydd - great guitar love the colors

mtnmen - Really different, great concept

mermaid010 - interesting idea and well executed

vos - fun in a disturbing kind of way lol.  Gives a whole new meaning to the expression *head desk*

Chohole - love the perspective and I suspect my cat is probably on his way up to join yours lol.

Horo - this one immediately made be think of the political issues in the US which led me to the talking heads which led me off on a tanget to track down the band.

Hansmar - Really like this!

adbc - this is beautiful

mermaid010 - love the juxtaposition of the large animal versus the small industrial like city.

Dan Whiteside- lovely render, I especially like the texture of the head and hands

Ice Dragon Art- thanks x2

Dan Whiteside : Totally surreal image, well done.

Dan - outstanding work. Great idea and beautifully done.

edited December 2015

Another hard job for the judges going by the great renders posted so far.

Not All It Seems

Click on image for full size.

not-all-it-seems-001.jpg
    1000 x 556 - 642K
    Post edited by Fishtales on
  • vosvos Posts: 337

@ mtnmen -"Swiss Army Hands"  wonderful idea and great image. 

@Hansmar -"Submit your surreal landscapes here!" Great idea ,the  rock in the  background  is cool. 

@ Horo -Green Dream-Cool  green dream ,fantastic and excellent image.

@Chohole -World of Xmas decorations.-Lovely  globe .

@Ice Dragon Art -Living In The Middle Of Nowhere.-great place to live. 

@Fishtales -Dream Tree. -beautiful dream,colours and mood are wonderful.

@Dan Whiteside-“Mugs of Joe and the Black Hats” wonderful and excellent surreal  image,let me also think of the giants of Royal De Luxe.

@Fishtales -Not All It Seems-Very nice  surreal scene,beautiful sky  and reflections too,great image. 

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,802
    Hansmar said:

Oh, great works again.

Thanks for those who react so kindly to my work. I should say that I did not create these robotic figures myself, but downloaded them free. The 'man' is called Brainstem and I think I found him and his dog here: http://artist-3d.com/free_3d_models/dnm/model_disp.php?uid=295, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

That's interesting. The Brainstem Robot and Lycantar Robot dog, or figures that look identical to them, are included with Poser so I thought you were a Poser user. I didn't know you could get them seperatly.

Hang on, you may be right. I do have Poser too (Poser 9), so I probably got them from there. That's why I had trouble finding where they came from... Stupid me (too busy with preparing for X-mass and in need of a holiday, I think.... Thanks for the help. blush

edited December 2015

@Dan Whiteside: What a lovely, truly surreal work. I love the multiple Biz Man in there.

@Fishtales: Looks very cold to me. And, is that a black hole in the sky?

I made one more. Instanced a number of Bryce trees, Use a head from an M4 and the arms from a Genesis. The bird is a freebie from the set from which I used more before. The house was also a freeby from somewhere and the tractor I used before in by field of tulips. The wall and tower came with Bryce. The sphere in the sky is the 'chrome earth' with a light inside. Lights: Bryce sun (or moon, whatever) and a distant sphere fill light.

Title "The search for two bears"

surreal3.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 901K
    Post edited by Hansmar on
  • mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444

adbc thanks for your comment
    vivian thank you
    ice dragon  thanks
    vos thanks
    mermaid010 thanks

@horo... thanks...  not many blades here either, in fact everything  but... However, your Green Dream is strange and deep... very cool... Wish I had some red/blue specs to see the other version...

@hansmar... thanks for your comments... surreality in my thoughts was not necessarily in "Surreal Worlds" limited to "environments" but to include that which might exist... in a surreal world... I perhaps was looking at the theme too broadly...  that being said I absolutely love your latest entry "the search for 2 bears"... a very surreal "world" there..

@chohole... World of Xmas Decorations is great... Now I know where they all come from.

@ice dragon art...  Living in the Middle of Nowhere very cool... great watery texture.

@fishtales... Dream Tree is dreamy...  Not All It Seems is very cool... but not all it seems... it seems.

@danwhiteside... Mugs of Joe and the Black Hats... is truly fabulous...

Fishtales : "Not All it Seems" is a real cool image, great colours !

Hansmar : "The search for two bears" : very surreal render !

Sandy - very nice scene with the stag beetles.

Vos - thank you.

Hansmar - the search for two bears is an excellent idea and very nicely executed.

mtnmen - thank you.

edited December 2015
    mtnmen said:

@hansmar... thanks for your comments... surreality in my thoughts was not necessarily in "Surreal Worlds" limited to "environments" but to include that which might exist... in a surreal world... I perhaps was looking at the theme too broadly...  that being said I absolutely love your latest entry "the search for 2 bears"... a very surreal "world" there..

@mtnmen: No, no, you were correct; I was reading the theme incorrectly as 'surreal landscape', while it read 'surreal world'. I agree with all that did not necessarily choose a landscape render: that is not necessary. My mistake! surprise 

And thanks for your nice words.

@adbc and @Horo: Thank you too!

Post edited by Hansmar on

Arrggghhh!  I just spent 20 minutes typing out comments on the rest of the entries. My cat just came along and decided to help by stepping on the key board.  They are all gone..... I am just going to say that I think they are really interesting and most definitely surreal!

Arrggghhh!  I just spent 20 minutes typing out comments on the rest of the entries. My cat just came along and decided to help by stepping on the key board.  They are all gone..... I am just going to say that I think they are really interesting and most definitely surreal!

There should be an automatic Draft Save in the drop down menu under the gear wheel top right of the screen.

Fishtales said:

There should be an automatic Draft Save in the drop down menu under the gear wheel top right of the screen.

Really?!? Oh my gosh thats fantastic lol.  Sadly, my cat seems to think that he owns the top of my desk including the keyboard.  You wouldn't think it was all that comfortable to lay on but he seems to like it.  Or, he is just working hard to make my life difficult lol.

Mermaid010 - love the whimsy of the giant giraffe and the sky

flop - this scene has a real feeling of loneliness for me and has beautiful colors - 2nd one - love the feeling of a comic book coming alive - 3rd - This is a great idea!

Peter Wade - I would love to have a workspace like this! (might keep my pesky cat off my desk lol)

Vos - I am still finding new things to look!

mtnmen. - super cool idea.  very creepy but very cool!

Hansmar - Wonderful play on the challenge title

Horo - Wonderfully strange wish I had the right glasses!

Chohole - this is just fun!

(Well, no draft to be found so I just redid it)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

And the moral of that story is if you are fed up with deleting saved drafts employ a cat. 

Thanks Ice Dragon Art.

Beautiful, outstanding entries by Sandy and Hansmar.

Good luck to all and best wishes for the holidays.smiley

edited December 2015

Ice Dragon Art - thank you. As a rule, I type my comments in an editor and copy it into the field.

Here is my third and last entry. I have to thank Sandy who inspired me when he said that the Greenhouse could have been used as an entry.

Title: Space in Space
    I used stuff from the Hi-Resulution Terrains 1 and 3, Deep Space and Inclement Weather sets. The train and the space suit are from Daz. The telecom satellite I modeled a while ago.

Space in Space

Click on Image to get full size.

SpaceInSpace.jpg
    1600 x 880 - 355K
    Post edited by Horo on

Horo

Great image. Looks like the film set where the moon landings were filmed devil

@Horo: Looks like you really captured space very well here! Great idea and well made.

Horo : Your last entry is a great idea. The result is an excellent image.