BRYCE RENDER CHALLENGE +++ SURREAL WORLDS +++

Comments

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,802

@adbc: great use of panoramic render. Lovely colours too. And thanks!

@vosdrachenlords: Thanks so much!

@mermaid010: Thank yoi. Wonderful giraffe and great psychedelic atmosphere.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,115

@vos, drachenlords, mermaid010, Hansmar : thank you so much for your comment.

@mermaid 010 : Very artistic entry, marvelous sky colours !

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,296

hansmar - that's a very nice entry.

adbc - thank you. Your Reflection looks great: object and colour.

vos - thank you.

drachenlords - thank you.

Mermaid - thank you. Curious looks very good, great idea.

• flopflop Posts: 3
    edited December 2015

Hi Everybody,

Sometimes I have images in my head. Sometimes they stick. Bryce is the tool for me to visualise these images. I have always been an avid, quiet Bryce user since version 1. In fact, Bryce was the reason I chose for a Macintosh then (version 1 and 2 were available for Mac only). I was so excited when I started to work with Bryce. The look which Bryce gives me is already surrealistic.

Since the develpement cycle has stopped, I looked for alternatives but could not find anything that gave me the same amount of freedom and directness as Bryce. So I installed windows on a second disk, just to be able to run Bryce.

This challenge is for me because most of what I make is symbolic, surrealistic landscapes. See what you think of it. If you like it, I will post more.

Frits

peak with puddles.jpg
    1700 x 850 - 159K
    Post edited by flop on
    edited December 2015

@flop: I like your landscape. Strange peak and wonderful colours. Only thing: the render is a bit small. Would be nice to see a larger version.

@Horo: Thank you.

Post edited by Hansmar on

@ Horo : thanks.

@ flop : nice render.

Like some kind of pop-up book...

Frits

Binary Sea.jpg
    3005 x 1793 - 1M

Inspired by looking out of an airplane window.

Frits

Tree in the Sky.jpg
    2668 x 4000 - 880K
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,189

Thanks Hansmar, Adbc and Horo for your comments

Flop - welcome to the forum. Three outstanding entries, I love the 2nd one very unusual for a Bryce render.

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,612

There are some really great images here.

I don't do a lot of Bryce (not sure why since I do like it) but I like surrealism so I'm going to add my attempt here:

BetweenLevels.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 177K

Peter Wade - nice entry hope to see more of your Bryce renders here and in the Show us your Bryce Renders thread

@flop : your 2 last entries : nice ones, especially the second one which is really special.

@Peter Wade : nice entry

flop - nice to see you here. Peak with Puddles looks very good, I like the idea of Binary Sea - reminds me of Venice, and the Tree in the Sky is a great idea and nicely done.

Peter Wade - Between Levels is a very cool idea and very well done. Keep "brycing"

• vosvos Posts: 337

@mermaid010 Curious -Beautiful giraffe and great atmosphere and  colours.

@flop -Peak with Puddles  ,I like the ambiance in this scene,great image.

Binary Sea - Very nice scene  ,I agree with Horro  words "reminds me of Venice," 

The Tree in the Sky -Great idea ,lovely image. 

@ Peter Wade - Between Levels  -  wonderfulidea,great image. 

My second one -Cake and coffee time

Thanks for  the comments on the 1ste one . 

Daz-Bryce Challenge-Cake and coffee time.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 359K

Vos- thanks. The Cake and Coffee time is awesome, lots of elements to look at.

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444

vos, bigh, adbc, drachenlords, vivian, horo     thanks for the comments

@mermaid... Preserved is eerie and wonderful,  and Curious is very cool...
    @vos... Trampoline Fun.. is very odd and interesting... is it really a lifeform...hmmmm,  Cake and Coffee Time is delicious!... I love it
    @chohole... I Dreamof angels... very nice kitty dream..Purrrrr
    @horo... Arguing is very cool.. looks like a no win scenario...
    @hansmar... Walk the Path of Men... Very nice image
    @adbc...  Reflections is an awesome image.. Great job
    @flop... Welcome flop... Peak with puddles... very  nice image,  Binary Sea is great...love the 3d 2d...  and I really  love the Tree in the Sky...  That's out there...
    @peter wade... Between Levels is very cool and fun

Here is my second entry  "Swiss Army Hands"

swiss army hands1.jpg
    960 x 720 - 93K
    edited December 2015

@vos : Cake and Coffee : outstanding image, the variety of components makes it complete.

@mtnmen : Swiss Army Hands : I like the idea and the interpretation of it, really nice image.

Thank you for your comment.

Post edited by adbc on
  • AtlantisAtlantis Posts: 133

@ Horo: You wrote...

Atlantis - first is a cool image and great idea for the second. Sphere world with the balls is very special. I like how the roads cut into the balls.

Its the Bryce sphere with a torus bolean... and the trees are placed on the spheres like this.. creat the sphere... place a tree on sphere.. pull tree original till center of sphere.. then when using rotate,  the stree will move allong the sphere smiley

• vivienvivien Posts: 184

Horo -  Thank you. Wonderful work in Arguing, the subject is well represented. Nice background pattern as well.

Hansmar -  The archway of lions really sets the scene nicely. Lovely work.

adbc - Great colors in Reflections.  I like the movement it creates

Mermaid - Curious made me smiled..... The giraffe truly seems to be taken by the city... Great image

flop - Welcome to the forum, Three wonderful entries, the second in particular, so innovative, looks like cardboard cutouts.

Peter Wade - Nice entry. Clever idea

Vos - Love Cake and coffee time. Almost like a watercolor painting. Lots to see

mtnmen - I need one of those Swiss Army Hands. Specially if they hands know what they are doing..... Very nicely done.

vos - great idea and even greater setup. Excellent and detailed render.

mtnmen - thank you. The Swiss Army Hands is a great idea. I always wonder why such knifes are called "Swiss Army Knife". The knife I got has not many blades.

Atlantis - thanks for the info.

Vivien - thank you.

edited December 2015

@flop: Two great scenes. I like the first one best, due to its strangeness.

@Peter Wade: Nice to see you entering a scene! Really truly surreal scene it is.

@vos: very colourful and weird scene. Well done.

@mtnmen: swiss army hands is a wonderful idea and well executed. Whether it fits the theme of surreal worlds? Well probably worlds is much more than landscapes!

My second entry: "Submit your surreal landscapes here!"

surreal2.jpg
    1440 x 701 - 945K
    Post edited by Hansmar on
    edited December 2015

hansmar - great entry with the worlds in a world.

My second entry: Green Dream
    Most of the shapes are from Odd Worlds, Victoria, the spaceman, the Toon Alien and the Toon Bot are from Daz, also the skelettons, not sure where James comes from. The warrior is out of an old game and the plant from the Vegetation set. Terrain and HDRI are self made like the staircase. Click on image to enlarge.

Green Dream

GreenDream.jpg
    1600 x 1067 - 432K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited December 2015

Not an entry. Just for those having the right goggles, here's the anaglyph.

GreenDreamAna.jpg
    800 x 533 - 136K
    Post edited by Horo on

@Horo: Thanks! And your green dream is wonderful (maybe more of a nightmare?)

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,612

Thank you for your nice comments, everyone who has commented o my entry.

I'm impressed with all the images here, there's so much good stuff. Just to mention a few, Atlantis's Mind bend has wondeful textures and the figures are totally surreal, and Sphere World is a wonderfully surreal landscape. drachenlords' Think Surreal is a wonderful scene and Breakfast World has some great ideas in it. adbc's Walking has a truly mysterious air about it. The mysterious creatures submitting their own surreal lanscapes in Hansmar's surreal world are wonderful. And Horo's Green Dream is a surreal world that I am glad I'm looking at from the outside.

Good Luck everyone.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 2015

I sort of got a bit inspired by the time of year, and sorting out the lights for the christmas tree.

World of Xmas decorations.

world of xmas decorations.jpg
    675 x 900 - 692K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited December 2015

Living In The Middle Of Nowhere. 

I thought I would give this one a try.  I've only been using Bryce for a couple of days and don't have much content yet.  Still figuring out how things work.  Lots of really cool renders way out of my league at the moment but I have to start somewhere.

Living in the Middle of Nowhere.jpg
    950 x 534 - 121K
    Post edited by Chohole on

vivien : thank you.

Hansmar : Reallly nice second entry.

Horo : Green Dream : superb render.

Chohole :World of XMas : wonderful idea and image.

Ice Dragon Art : Nice realisation, good job !

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,071
    edited December 2015

Dream Tree.

Click on image for full size

dream-tree-001.jpg
    1000 x 556 - 272K
    Post edited by Fishtales on

Oh, great works again.

Thanks for those who react so kindly to my work. I should say that I did not create these robotic figures myself, but downloaded them free. The 'man' is called Brainstem and I think I found him and his dog here: http://artist-3d.com/free_3d_models/dnm/model_disp.php?uid=295, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

@Chohole: Great globe.

@Ice Dragon Art: Looks like a drowned world.

@Fishtales: interesting work. sailing in the clouds. Great colours too.