Render your buys! Use buys from the current month and the previous month of sales

Comments

• ShimrianShimrian Posts: 493
    edited October 2023

So I've been buying way more than rendering this month! I have a ton of WIP, but added this one to my gallery tonight so thought I'd add to the thread here since it uses a golden ticket item as well as some items on my wishlist that I recently purchased. 

thoughts going one way and the other

Gotta say that I loved the dForce Highlands Gown Outfit once I saw it, but you can actually get this look with one of the manual morphs in Natural Movements Pack for Genesis 9 (using Breast Flatten morph). I used a combination of the dress and movements morphs along with G9 small breasts on P3D Mia HD for Genesis 9 to create this image. I'm using one of the poses with the dress + a few teaks to the smile. I might try and paint her using acrylics for fun. :D

Link to image in gallery with all items (feedback welcome as I'm always trying to improve)

Post edited by Shimrian on
  • sidsid Posts: 400
    edited October 2023

I bought waaaay too many things in the sale. I think with tokens and 2x30% off and everything else there's was a bunch of Gen9 stuf that reduced to 2-3$, and I picked up a punch of older stuff. Love seeing everyone's renders.

Here I was meant to be trying out squishy humans, but didn't realise I needed to do a bit more setup, so I'll try again shortly with another character, but here is the excellent Hallie, wearing on old Gen3 outfit, infront of the free Dz+ environment for the month or week, and with hair buns.

Edit: Has anyone had much luck with Squishy Humans for Gen9? I just tried a character and they look like a melted barbie

Post edited by sid on
  • AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,270

SapphireBlue said:

AgitatedRiot Okay I really did not see that one coming! Super freaky!

Thank you, my mind is a terrible place to vist. 

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,403

sid said:

I bought waaaay too many things in the sale. I think with tokens and 2x30% off and everything else there's was a bunch of Gen9 stuf that reduced to 2-3$, and I picked up a punch of older stuff. Love seeing everyone's renders.

Here I was meant to be trying out squishy humans, but didn't realise I needed to do a bit more setup, so I'll try again shortly with another character, but here is the excellent Hallie, wearing on old Gen3 outfit, infront of the free Dz+ environment for the month or week, and with hair buns.

Edit: Has anyone had much luck with Squishy Humans for Gen9? I just tried a character and they look like a melted barbie

The render looks really neat, love the lighting! - I've got Squishy for G9 as well and tried it with one of the sofa poses from Aurora's Golden Ticket set. But hadn't much luck yet either. The sofa for some reason loads behind the figure, and when I'd finally managed to set up a timeline and all, it moved right through her and of course messed up all the dForcing on its way. And when I'd changed that, the figure somehow didn't quite settle down into the sofa, so there wasn't much effect to be seen. Does seem a bit tricky, I agree. 

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,169

Linwelly said:

weird little experiment with the foliage maker, used some glowing spheres as foliage isntances and let it grow on the torus, changed the stem material to a metal, shrunk the foliage into the tourus except for the middle part and then turned the torus material to water

Wow, that's a really clever use of FoliageMaker! Looks great.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,169
    edited October 2023

Another one from me (before the sale ends)

Dalila and Penelope

Using (new to me) Dalila, Dalila Dress and Dalila Jewelry (all from the Angela Red Carpet Bundle I finally snaffled at a good price), Stacked Bangles, Penelope the Chihuahua and her Coat (both from the Chihuahu Mega Bundle).

Hmm, I wish I'd tweaked that pose a bit more - those shoulders look rather weird...

Dalila-and-Penelope.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 582K
    Post edited by MelanieL on
  • csaacsaa Posts: 812

Shimrian,

Lovely render! Thanks for sharing.

If I could give positive suggestions, it's to increase the intensity of the lighting, first on the blue key light and the rimlight from the opposite side. Maybe it's my monitor -- the HSV settings may be different from yours, and so I see a dim scene. But in any case I think adjusted the light brightness improves the contrast and helps separate the main subject from the background.

Gensis 9, right? There's an interesting thread about the sullen look to this figure. laugh I find it amusing and thought of referring it to you.

Cheers!

Shimrian said:

So I've been buying way more than rendering this month! I have a ton of WIP, but added this one to my gallery tonight so thought I'd add to the thread here since it uses a golden ticket item as well as some items on my wishlist that I recently purchased. 

thoughts going one way and the other

Gotta say that I loved the dForce Highlands Gown Outfit once I saw it, but you can actually get this look with one of the manual morphs in Natural Movements Pack for Genesis 9 (using Breast Flatten morph). I used a combination of the dress and movements morphs along with G9 small breasts on P3D Mia HD for Genesis 9 to create this image. I'm using one of the poses with the dress + a few teaks to the smile. I might try and paint her using acrylics for fun. :D

Link to image in gallery with all items (feedback welcome as I'm always trying to improve)

csaa said:

Shimrian,

Lovely render! Thanks for sharing.

If I could give positive suggestions, it's to increase the intensity of the lighting, first on the blue key light and the rimlight from the opposite side. Maybe it's my monitor -- the HSV settings may be different from yours, and so I see a dim scene. But in any case I think adjusted the light brightness improves the contrast and helps separate the main subject from the background.

Gensis 9, right? There's an interesting thread about the sullen look to this figure. laugh I find it amusing and thought of referring it to you.

Cheers!

Thanks for the feedback! I actually had it lit up more at first, but thought it didn't look dark enough for night so I lowered the Lumen values on the lights before this render. It didn't look too dark to me at the time, but I can see that it could use more contrast and lighting to bring out more details. I'll make sure to consider this in future renders.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,123
    edited October 2023

Leaving the site of a small battle. As was not entirely traditional, the captain elected to go in under main courses & not topgallants. Having survived, the vessel's now off to Barbados.

From the sale Faveral's Licorne + a few texture changes. The DA Big ocean was one I got in last year's PA Sale.

Regards

Richard

Lincorne 01 R01.png
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • joannajoanna Posts: 1,084
    edited October 2023

I was testing ManFriday's figure converter for G9 (here's a converted winter fae with dokkalfar for g9 skin) and simulating the outfit and hair when a mesh explosion happened. But it looked interesting enough to render it and then play around with post-processing.

I can already say that I love the converter!

InFlighExplosion-sh-sm.jpg
    2363 x 3545 - 5M
    Post edited by joanna on
  • joanna said:

I was testing ManFriday's figure converter for G9 (here's a converted winter fae with dokkalfar for g9 skin) and simulating the outfit and hair when a mesh explosion happened. But it looked interesting enough to render it and then play around with post-processing.

I can already say that I love the converter!

Interesting outcome ... I really like this converter a lot myself.

• savagestugsavagestug Posts: 145
    edited October 2023

bluejanute Miriam head with a custom body

SnS Miriam.jpg
    2000 x 2800 - 6M
    Post edited by savagestug on
    edited October 2023

Ok, so picked up Zeeona during the sale because she reminded me of an Andorian from Star Trek. It's not the best render and I should definitely try and fix the hair to part around the Antenna, but just wanted to play a bit before bed. :D

RawArt character

Andorian Zeeona.jpg
    2560 x 2560 - 1M
    Post edited by Shimrian on

tsroemi said:

The render looks really neat, love the lighting! - I've got Squishy for G9 as well and tried it with one of the sofa poses from Aurora's Golden Ticket set. But hadn't much luck yet either. The sofa for some reason loads behind the figure, and when I'd finally managed to set up a timeline and all, it moved right through her and of course messed up all the dForcing on its way. And when I'd changed that, the figure somehow didn't quite settle down into the sofa, so there wasn't much effect to be seen. Does seem a bit tricky, I agree. 

I think I need more instructions than the PDF that comes with it! From what I can tell anything clipping the figure causes it to tear. There's two simulation settings, and a smoothing on/off utility. If I don't have objects to collide with the best sim option seems to be the 'meat option'.

Here's an example where I was just experimenting to see how the simulation worked on the figure alone:

(I still needed the Natural Movements to pull the breasts up, so I've manually adjusted them another 10% or so to get the overall effect).

And when I reset the pose just to see what happened you can see how the figure has been squished:

The mesh ends up looking low-rez in Iray and I found I could fi that with adjusting the mesh settings like so:

Anyway, some interesting results. Feels like a bit of a blunt instrument but I can see it might work for certain poses.

Now... if I can just get collision working!

edited October 2023

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Aha, finally got a new render done today. This scarf did not really want to place nicely with the shirt, but I eventually won the battle. 

https://www.daz3d.com/lights-and-cameras-for-the-venezia-suite
    https://www.daz3d.com/glamorous-style-hair-for-genesis-8-and-9
    https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-classy-chic-outfit-for-genesis-9
    https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-romantic-flowing-scarves-for-genesis-9
    https://www.daz3d.com/v-earring-collection-for-genesis-9-and-8
    https://www.daz3d.com/jw-standing-mega-collection-poses-for-genesis-9
    https://www.daz3d.com/pure-feminine-expressions-for-genesis-9
    https://www.daz3d.com/cc-character-kit-classy-cosmetics-mr-for-genesis-9

The fabric on that dress is beautiful! I also purchased that suite in the sale, so good excuse for me to post it (also from the sale Clover, Aroon, See Yee hair and Steven hair that looks like it needs some further cap adjustment, mini slip and pants, pose was from the Defenders set)

On the last day of the sale I scooped up some environments, all for a couple of dollars, so here is one with Roman bath, swapped out water shader, older Trica wearing Harmony's mats, some Gen3 oily outfit, Lindsay wet hair, and wet shell

I honestly have so much stuff to render I don't want to look at the Daz+ sale, epp! (I do need some good stockmans/chelsea boots tho...)

Thanks for the great thread, really encouraged me to try out all my new toys.

Post edited by sid on
  • SapphireBlueSapphireBlue Posts: 870
    edited October 2023

Really lovely renders and experiments that are inspiring and great to spend time looking at and enjoy! Thanks heaps for sharing! heart

Alright, the DAZ+ annual sale is here, but I'm pretty sure many of us have bought plenty from the PA sale even right into the weekend that we'd like to give more time to. So my idea is as follows. I'd love to have this render thread take into account the current and previous sale each time (or if there isn't a major sale, the corresponding month of regular sales), so that we have enough time to try out our buys and transition smoothly into each new sale or month of sales.

So for October and the DAZ+ sale, that would mean we can use buys from the DAZ+ annual sale and/or the previous PA sale for our renders. Hope everyone is okay with that. Let me know if that doesn't work and we should approach it differently.

And of course there's probably going to be a DAZ+ contest thread for members, but this thread is here for everyone. Those of you sharing there can share your tests/experiements here and keep your best for the contest, or you can even share your contest entries here too if you want to. Just have fun and enjoy your shiny new things! smiley

Post edited by SapphireBlue on
    edited October 2023

Time to render your buys from 

Current: 2023 DAZ+ Annual sale

and / or

Previous: 2023 PA Sale

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,802
    edited October 2023

good call. esp since some of the sale items will be overlapping

I love the one in the roman bath render, I have looked so many times at that during the sale I almost bought it so I don't have to look at it again laugh

Post edited by Linwelly on
  • SapphireBlue said:

Really lovely renders and experiments that are inspiring and great to spend time looking at and enjoy! Thanks heaps for sharing! heart

Alright, the DAZ+ annual sale is here, but I'm pretty sure many of us have bought plenty from the PA sale even right into the weekend that we'd like to give more time to. So my idea is as follows. I'd love to have this render thread take into account the current and previous sale each time (or if there isn't a major sale, the corresponding month of regular sales), so that we have enough time to try out our buys and transition smoothly into each new sale or month of sales.

So for October and the DAZ+ sale, that would mean we can use buys from the DAZ+ annual sale and/or the previous PA sale for our renders. Hope everyone is okay with that. Let me know if that doesn't work and we should approach it differently.

And of course there's probably going to be a DAZ+ contest thread for members, but this thread is here for everyone. Those of you sharing there can share your tests/experiements here and keep your best for the contest, or you can even share your contest entries here too if you want to. Just have fun and enjoy your shiny new things! smiley

Sounds good to me! I know I for one bought stuff as late as yesterday afternoon from the PA sale that I haven't even started to look at yet ... 

• ioonrxoonioonrxoon Posts: 886

A slightly modified Amelia 9 wearing one of the pieces from the upcoming pea jewlery freebie.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,801

SapphireBlue said:

I was hoping this was the direction this thread takes yes

edited October 2023

LinwellyHylas and paulawp, glad you all agree as well. smiley I think I finished my final bit of shopping yesterday just a minute before DAZ midnight... eek, so definitely want to try those and many others too. wink

Shout-out to everyone's great renders once again, cause I am really enjoying them! heart
    ioonrxoon: Lovely render and expression, and oh, those earrings are beautiful!!! Looking forward to them. laugh

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,075

Linwelly said:

weird little experiment with the foliage maker, used some glowing spheres as foliage isntances and let it grow on the torus, changed the stem material to a metal, shrunk the foliage into the tourus except for the middle part and then turned the torus material to water

I looooooooove this experimanet Linwelly... Have you tried using it as eyeball textures????  I bet it would look great!  hint hint ;)

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,075

Sorry I'm late to the party everyone... I missed the last 2 days of the sale and the first 2 days of the new sale... We were out camping... ahhh fresh air... and bugzzzzzzzzzz!  lol.... I'm still catching up on my mail but I'm glad this thread will continue... Be well one and all... Hugzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,692
    edited October 2023

I didn't get tons of stuff during the PA sale (too much work and travel to even check most days). I did get something to complete a render I started last summer (and a few other items I haven't used yet). Hope it's OK to post it late, and with only one item from the PA sale. I'm just really happy to actually complete another render!! I used the Oxford Library to comlete the render.

Luanna Sitting final.jpg
    3000 x 3000 - 5M
    Post edited by DustRider on
  • paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,104
    edited October 2023
    MidnightRun2.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 812K
    Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
  • DustRider and paulawp: Those look awesome!

This thread is a good incentive to try out tools that otherwise I might forget I got.

I picked up stuff in the PA sale that I didn't even know was in the store before, like Bitwelder's Visual Menus. It looked like it could be very useful - I was just learning my way around it a bit. I can see throwing all kinds of things into the menus for quick access. Custom actions and favorites menus are great, but this may allow for multiple contextual menus and better organization.

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,802

Llola Lane said:

Linwelly said:

I looooooooove this experimanet Linwelly... Have you tried using it as eyeball textures????  I bet it would look great!  hint hint ;)

I actually was thinking about that but didn't get to that yet

• ioonrxoonioonrxoon Posts: 886

@SapphireBlue Glad you like it, looking forward to see what you do with them. Should be ready soon.

One more using Summer Italy Street.