Render your buys! Use buys from the current month and the previous month of sales

Comments

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,802

Matt_Castle said:

I did wonder where the butt of the Bunny Maid Outfit was, but then I realised the hole was for putting a horse through:

Gallery Link

It's not normally the kind of thing I'd buy, but gutting it of the maid apron and bunny ears, with a few material tweaks it does actually seem to make a passable (if slightly risque) centaur evening dress:

Gallery Link

looks like the only usefull application I can imagine for that outfit :D

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,087
    edited September 2023

I just wanted to say that this is a great thread! Thank you, SapphireBlue, for starting it. I'm enjoying all the renders. They give me the impression that posters are really enjoying their purchases and having fun rendering.

Having said that, I've been busy this month, so there wasn't much rendering and no crazy buying stuff (trying to budget my money T.T ), but I got a few things (ok, this might be more than a few), and I especially enjoyed browsing legacy section, finding gems for $1-2. They also prompted me to finally figure out how to use the LAHM plugin to get fur on the older models, so here it is, a quick fox with an addition of Ultrascennery bridge. Since it was a test, I didn't bother much with the bluebells clipping a bit and I did minimal postwork.

foxtest-p.jpg
    2900 x 2014 - 4M
    Post edited by joanna on
  • I just love dropping by here to look at new renders! It's awesome! laugh

Matt_Castle OMG, that outfit makes so much sense now! It was truly made for your centaur! :D

joanna You're welcome! This has been so fun and inspiring. I've rendered more and different things in a short spell thanks to this thread and everyone that's sharing, than I have for quite a while.
    I am also under the hopeful impression that everyone here is having fun rendering their new things and dropping by to see all the renders (and inevitably add a few more things to our wishlist/cart?) laugh

• SapphireBlueSapphireBlue Posts: 870
    edited September 2023

I wanted to do a portrait this morning and try out G9 a bit more. New things here are CHB Charlotte for G9, OOT updo of fantasy hair and Ron's Acrylic painting overlays. I adjusted levels and such in post and worked in the acrylic painting overlay. A point to how lazy I sometimes seem to be, is that I've got a lot of those acrylic pour paintings at home and couldn't be bothered to take a picture of them, and got Ron's instead... smiley

A Portrait of Charlotte (Gallery entry has the original render without postwork as well)

Post edited by SapphireBlue on
  • WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,742
    edited September 2023

Seeing some great renders from everyone!

This started out as MSO Alba for G9, but as gorgeous as she is, the most fun I have with this is creating my own morphs and post work, so this really isn't the character. Everything in this is new, the overalls for G3, the hair, shoes and top from other new purchases, the NY tenements I already had though.I usually do more stylized work, now I'm going for gritty realism lol. It was fully rendered but I added in film grain later.

Girl-on-Stairs-CGI-Realism-by-Alicia_Hollinger.jpg
    864 x 1152 - 1M
    Post edited by Wonderland on
    edited September 2023

It's a little quiet here today. No one can tell me you all didn't buy more stuff during the sale so far! Hope you can make and share more renders! wink

I wanted to test out Marsa Elements that I got this past week. It layers snow/ash/algae etc. on top of objects. Well, it's super easy to use and I'm happy with the results. I only tried snow, and layered it on the environment and even the dragon. Other new buys in here are Skadi G8.1F and the throne room. A little bit of color grading and ambiance in post.

Kingdom of Ice and Snow

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,075

hum.... I wish I had never seen this thread... grrrrrrrrrrrrr... My wishlist is making it's way back UP again... grrrrrrrrrrrr... I only had about 10 items left on it!  Not tellin' yas what I'm back up to... lol   I don't have time to comment on everyone's artwork...needless to say I've spent the last half hour paruuuuzing and reading every comment.  ;)  Well done one and all.

I was hoping Daz would have some sort of contest... Seems to me last year about this time I did a render a day and got 50 artworks completed by the end of the contest... I guess this thread will have to do.  I have bought HUNDREDzzzzz of new items the last few weeks.. yes.. HUNDREDzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... I best git' renderin'  .. wait for it... waaaiiiittttt....

• SapphireBlue said:

It's a little quiet here today. No one can tell me you all didn't buy more stuff during the sale so far! Hope you can make and share more renders! wink

I wanted to test out Marsa Elements that I got this past week. It layers snow/ash/algae etc. on top of objects. Well, it's super easy to use and I'm happy with the results. I only tried snow, and layered it on the environment and even the dragon. Other new buys in here are Skadi G8.1F and the throne room. A little bit of color grading and ambiance in post.

Kingdom of Ice and Snow

Nice! Marsa is cool. Materia Meshmaker is also fun. 

I have ... um ... a couple more new things that were bought at this sale. Day job permitting, I'll try to come up with some more share-worthy renders. smiley

• Llola Lane said:

hum.... I wish I had never seen this thread... grrrrrrrrrrrrr... My wishlist is making it's way back UP again... grrrrrrrrrrrr... I only had about 10 items left on it!  Not tellin' yas what I'm back up to... lol   I don't have time to comment on everyone's artwork...needless to say I've spent the last half hour paruuuuzing and reading every comment.  ;)  Well done one and all.

I was hoping Daz would have some sort of contest... Seems to me last year about this time I did a render a day and got 50 artworks completed by the end of the contest... I guess this thread will have to do.  I have bought HUNDREDzzzzz of new items the last few weeks.. yes.. HUNDREDzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... I best git' renderin'  .. wait for it... waaaiiiittttt....

Yep. Hundredzzzz here, too. Several z's. But my wishlist is hovering near 30 and dropping. 

SapphireBlue said:

Kingdom of Ice and Snow

those snow renders are stunning, I think I missed that product, will have to look for it 

I still want to test the Foliage maker, I think that can be really neat but timeeeeee!

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Llola Lane said:

Yep. Hundredzzzz here, too. Several z's. But my wishlist is hovering near 30 and dropping. 

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ... lol :)

edited September 2023

Llola Lane And here I'd hoped you'd join first day and keep up our render rate. Well, better late than never!! cheeky It's good to have you. heartYes, yes, get rendering all those hundredzzzzz of items and share! laugh
    It doesn't seem to have mattered that I too bought hundredzzzz of items, my wishlist just keeps growing. I just throw anything of interest in there as a reminder, which might explain why there's over 4500 items in there??? Hahaha. I definitely don't want ALL of them... Eek. And some I already have but can't be bothered to remove from there. Too much work.blush

paulawp Thank you! I'm embarassed to say I've had Materia Meshmaker for a good while, but have not tried it out yet. I saw your render where you'd used them both (the Wild West store front one?) - looks great. yes Must try using it at some point...

Linwelly Thank you! I've been unsure whether I wanted to get the Foliage maker right away. I look forward to your renders using it!
    Yeah, time is definitely an issue. I've been staying up doing some of my renders and I need that sleep back! So I may have to go slower. But thankfully now we have Llola on board with her hundredzzz of items to keep us inspired... laugh

• ElorElor Posts: 728

@joanna > A nice peacefull scene smiley

@Wonderland > The result looks really great smiley

I wish I had an eye to change the characters from my library, but I'm more likely to completly butcher the artists work than to create something worse rendering. Maybe one day smiley

@SapphireBlue > Your throne scene looks fabulous, same as your portrait of Charlotte (with or without postwork) yes

A render done with yesterday's Golden Ticket, centered around the pockets' morph laugh (one of the reason I bought it, the other being the flat footed shoes which is still too rare in my G9 library);

The short list of items is on my gallery's page: Pockets !

And another one, which took me longer, done for Llola Lane's monthly challenge (in the Art Studio's section), with two products bought this month: Everyday Bathroom Props (the textures of the freebie towel come from it) and Ultimate Natural Bend Morphs for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Female 2.0. The environment is also something I bought this month, but it's not sold here so it's not a part of the current PA sales.

Same as the previous one, all items are listed on my gallery: ‘The moon is beautiful, isn’t it ?’

edited September 2023

SapphireBlue said:

Llola Lane And here I'd hoped you'd join first day and keep up our render rate. Well, better late than never!! cheeky It's good to have you. heartYes, yes, get rendering all those hundredzzzzz of items and share! laugh
    It doesn't seem to have mattered that I too bought hundredzzzz of items, my wishlist just keeps growing. I just throw anything of interest in there as a reminder, which might explain why there's over 4500 items in there??? Hahaha. I definitely don't want ALL of them... Eek. And some I already have but can't be bothered to remove from there. Too much work.blush

paulawp Thank you! I'm embarassed to say I've had Materia Meshmaker for a good while, but have not tried it out yet. I saw your render where you'd used them both (the Wild West store front one?) - looks great. yes Must try using it at some point...

Linwelly Thank you! I've been unsure whether I wanted to get the Foliage maker right away. I look forward to your renders using it!
    Yeah, time is definitely an issue. I've been staying up doing some of my renders and I need that sleep back! So I may have to go slower. But thankfully now we have Llola on board with her hundredzzz of items to keep us inspired... laugh

I was not getting notices for a while.. so didn't see this thread til a few days ago...  ;)  eeeeeeeep... 4500 items???  Are you nutzzzz woman????

"But thankfully now we have Llola on board with her hundredzzz of items to keep us inspired... laugh"... no pressure there :P

Post edited by Llola Lane on

kk.. here are a few posts with the items of the week... I didn't win anything but at least I'm using what I bought... Right???  lol

USED:    VYK Glacea for Genesis 9     Mediterranean Flowering Spurge Plants  (Dress texture and plants)

"Glacea of Summer"

ENJOY!

---------------------

Only got 2 things this week...  English Village Pub Games   FH Company Meeting Room

"It's your move!"

ENJOY!

---------------------

Jawsome may be a villian from 9-5 weekdays... but on the weekends he's just like every other Joe... Yard work!  lol

"Jawsome Joe"

USED:

Architect Shaders (buildings)

Jawsome Quickstrike HD Shark for Genesis 9

Pure Masculine Expressions for Genesis 9  (yeah on the shark... happy face!)

Mediterranean Grasses

---------------------

USED:

Ensign Outfit for Genesis 9

Boldly Going Poses for Genesis 9

Hostas - Low Res Foliage Plants

"New Jacket"

• Elor Thank you! Your renders are very sweet. I didn't notice the pocket morphs and the flat shoes... I may have to reconsider getting this outfit for my K-pop girls... laugh

Llola Lane I was too embarassed to share about my wishlist on your wishlist thread... Now you know why... Hahaha
    Look at your fun renders! Now we're talking. Love Jawesome Joe! heart

SapphireBlue said:

Llola Lane I was too embarassed to share about my wishlist on your wishlist thread... Now you know why... Hahaha
    Look at your fun renders! Now we're talking. Love Jawesome Joe! heart

Ha... I think you should post in my wishlist thread... I'm sure you are not the only one with a big wishlist... ;)  The only problem with having that many items in my wishlist is I can't keep it sorted when I want to buy something... There used to be an add on that showed me when my wishlist items were on sale, on the sale page, but you have to pay for it now and I'm too cheap to pay... lol.   Other thing is... I didn't even know our wishlist could have THAT many items on it... lol.  One page is enough for me to keep track of.  My gift certificate is gone already :( 

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,470
    edited September 2023

here's one using Iray OceanWorx | Daz 3D by KindredArts
    I've wanted some water like this for a long time so decided to grab this. This is the first use and is just default "ocean" prop .. It is better than what I expected. 

ocean 1 enh.jpg
    1967 x 1640 - 692K
    Post edited by daveso on

daveso said:

here's one using Iray OceanWorx | Daz 3D by KindredArts
    I've wanted some water like this for a long time so decided to grab this. This is the first use and is just default "ocean" prop .. It is better than what I expected.

Oh that is lovely daveso... I had that on my wishlist at one time but got dumped when I cleaned it out... I guess I forgot how much I liked it in the first place... lol.  Wishlisted... again!  Need another gift certificate sale.... I'm down to $0.00 :(  

• "Scarecrow Got it Good."

• daveso Nice use of Oceanworx. The stamp effect and post work makes it very atmospheric. 

Llola Lane I find shopping the sales a little easier with a big wishlist. Or maybe that already makes it a bad idea?? winkOh, when the wishlist sale hit though, it definitely didn't hurt! 
    I hear you about wanting another gift card sale, but ouch! I feel terrible for my wallet. Hence the need to do more with my purchases to prove I'm using this stuff! smiley

AgitatedRiot Okay I really did not see that one coming! Super freaky!

• My earlier render with CHB Charlotte for G9 as a princess, inspired a story idea. But I swapped Charlotte out for a custom G8, since I have more G8 resources to support a longer sequence of renders. I did a set of test renders to practice expressions for the princess. New are the OOT Fantasy Updo again and Hoop Earrings by Esha.

• Horrible work week is over! Yay! Hoping to get some new ones done soon ...

SapphireBlue said:

Llola Lane I find shopping the sales a little easier with a big wishlist. Or maybe that already makes it a bad idea?? winkOh, when the wishlist sale hit though, it definitely didn't hurt! 
    I hear you about wanting another gift card sale, but ouch! I feel terrible for my wallet. Hence the need to do more with my purchases to prove I'm using this stuff! smiley

Big wishlist = more $$$s for me... so I'm trying to be selective with what goes in it.  With my gift certificate down to 0.00... I'm done buying til there's a GC sale.  I reeeeeeeally need to render what I bought anyway... This will give me some downtime from shopping... lol.  

• NathNath Posts: 2,728

Picked up both Male and Female 3DU Cartoon Adults, and the Storybook add-on (hint: it works on the Male character as well!), Luminosity Vivid: Mesh Lighting System | Daz 3D (also from this month's sale) and some OOT clothing.

20230930 3DU.png
    1144 x 885 - 724K
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,470

I overspent, but picked up a lot of stuff I was looking at over the past few years for 80% off and more. Once you get on the token path you can for sure save even more, although you need to buy more as well :) A nice spending loop. 

edited September 2023

weird little experiment with the foliage maker, used some glowing spheres as foliage isntances and let it grow on the torus, changed the stem material to a metal, shrunk the foliage into the tourus except for the middle part and then turned the torus material to water

Surge_cybertober.png
    800 x 800 - 1M
    Post edited by Linwelly on
  • DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

Linwelly said:

weird little experiment with the foliage maker, used some glowing spheres as foliage isntances and let it grow on the torus, changed the stem material to a metal, shrunk the foliage into the tourus except for the middle part and then turned the torus material to water

Neat idea!!  Looks cool!

• Like Daveso, I've been getting some older stuff I've had my eye on for a while. The image below was testing some V3 boots and using a Poser Dynamic Cloth dress in DS. In the end I converted the figure to Triax Weight Mapping, exported the dress as an obj, imported it, converted to a figure, used the transfer utility to get the rigging done, simulated it at 5x scale to avoid explosions, and eventually got the image below:

Regards,

Richard 

• Blando CalrissianBlando Calrissian Posts: 461
    edited October 2023
    UFO.png
    1600 x 1154 - 2M
    Post edited by Blando Calrissian on